Author Topic: TAR13 Episode Timeline, Route, Schedule  (Read 87209 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Timetables and Flight Information
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »
Shouldn't that map show the teams going down to Santiago, Chile (didn't we have a sighting at the Santiago Airport?)and then across the Pacific to New Zealand.  The map has the teams going back across the Atlantic, Africa and the Indian Ocean to reach New Zealand.

Santiago is just a connection.  It does not get a pushpin.  And about the flight over Pacific vs Atlantic, I bet it is drawn as Atlantic only for illustrative purposes (artistic license) .

Puddin, where did you find that map anyway? 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »
CBS put the map out, its all over the Internet now! How dare they try to out spoil the spoilers  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
puddin's post #171 upstream shows the new map and route just released today by CBS...

I think that they must have thought--if you can't beat 'em (meaning us), join 'em! :lol:

CBS releasing spoilers--is the world ending? :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
There you have it ...

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

Shouldn't that map show the teams going down to Santiago, Chile (didn't we have a sighting at the Santiago Airport?)and then across the Pacific to New Zealand.  The map has the teams going back across the Atlantic, Africa and the Indian Ocean to reach New Zealand.

I have multiple problems with this CBS map. Remember where this originated, World Race Productions, and consider the credibility of the source on these type of issues, that he has practically none. The drawing of a route across the Atlantic and Indian Oceans when we know and they know that it isn't so is exemplary. I also have a problem with the placement of LaPaz on the map of South America. It gives the impression that LaPaz is rright on the Pacific Ocean, but Bolivia is a land-locked country and LaPaz appears to my crude measurement system to be about 180 miles from the Pacific as the crow flies.

OK, so I now assume that puddin used this CBS map for the 2 legs India and 2 legs Moscow "proof". I have never before seen CBS in 12 prior seasons provide the total route in advance. Even though we had most of it, there were the two areas where there were missing legs and we knew Kazakhstan but were not sure that the place was Almaty (even though that made better sense than Astana and despite more misdirection attempts by you know who). I am sceptical that we have been given the missing legs now by CBS. I would like to see some supporting evidence for Old Delhi/NewDelhi in 2 legs and for 2 legs Moscow. What we have looks to me to support 1 leg and leave those 2nd leg questions entirely open.

I will despite my misgivings issue a new Timeline for AR13 that incorporates the legs as presented on the CBS map.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »
There you have it ...

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

I have multiple problems with this CBS map. Remember where this originated, World Race Productions, and consider the credibility of the source on these type of issues, that he has practically none. The drawing of a route across the Atlantic and Indian Oceans when we know and they know that it isn't so is exemplary. I also have a problem with the placement of LaPaz on the map of South America. It gives the impression that LaPaz is rright on the Pacific Ocean, but Bolivia is a land-locked country and LaPaz appears to my crude measurement system to be about 180 miles from the Pacific as the crow flies.

OK, so I now assume that puddin used this CBS map for the 2 legs India and 2 legs Moscow "proof". I have never before seen CBS in 12 prior seasons provide the total route in advance. Even though we had most of it, there were the two areas where there were missing legs and we knew Kazakhstan but were not sure that the place was Almaty (even though that made better sense than Astana and despite more misdirection attempts by you know who). I am sceptical that we have been given the missing legs now by CBS. I would like to see some supporting evidence for Old Delhi/NewDelhi in 2 legs and for 2 legs Moscow. What we have looks to me to support 1 leg and leave those 2nd leg questions entirely open.

I will despite my misgivings issue a new Timeline for AR13 that incorporates the legs as presented on the CBS map.

Using logic, again Matt's photo's, if you want the direct link to the photo's just message me Apskips.

INDIA, May 6th to the 9th

RUSSIA, May 10th to the 13th

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
Here is one of many press release from today:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news=332438

The Pitstop box on the map gives the stops/legs.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2008, 08:27:50 AM »
Using logic, again Matt's photo's, if you want the direct link to the photo's just message me Apskip(Note that there is no "s" at the end of "apskip", puddin).

Well, I recall making this comment previously(because it turns out puddin made here original claim for this on Aug. 19). The fact that Matt was in Delhi for 4 days and the fact that he was in Moscow for 4 days does not mean that AR13 stayed for the entirety fo those periods. There are multiple Matts running around for World Race Productions, so someone else could have picked up somewhere else. I consider it probable that puddin is right, but I will not conclude that there was no side trip to Nepal, for example, or 2 legs in Kazakhstan with the available evidence. Show me a racer in thr Delhi area and it Moscow for those 4 days at each place and then you have evidence that is beyond questioning.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 09:48:38 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »
:pull

I'm not understanding this discussion.

We are talking fact now.  The time for "wants" or "maybes" or "possibilities" is past.

FACT: CBS has released the route and announced all of the Pitstops.

FACT: The Pitstops are: (see the box in the lower left corner on the OFFICIAL CBS Route Map? The one that says PITSTOPS?)

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

FACT: The route is no longer up for discussion, it is what it is.

Since when would CBS call a leg a Moscow leg and send teams to Nepal instead? After announcing Moscow in a major press release?

Time to accept the facts, IMO! :groan:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »
 :ascared  Just thinkin' out loud here, trying to get my head around an "official" map released by CBS showing all the legs.   OK, let's accept that all this is true, what does this mean.

Well IMHO,  having two legs in the same city sorta suggest a TBC in both Moscow and Delhi/New Delhi.  That would imply there are NO non-elimination legs (thank god).  I'm cool with that.   That also fits with Matts photos, as IMHO, there don't seem to be enough locations/tasks for two pitstops in Moscow and Delhi/New Delhi, so a TBC makes sense.

Having a TBC in the next-to-next last leg may turn out to be a great idea.  I never liked non-elimination legs anyway.  Don't recall BVM saying anything about non-elim legs in this season.

I wonder if Matt still has a job with WRP after all this....  :funny:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:49:08 AM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2008, 11:54:14 AM »
Can you have a TBC if you have a pitstop?

Because if we take that map literally, it says PITSTOPS in Delhi x2 and Moscow x2.

But since it is CBS, I guess they could mean LEGS and not actual Pitstops??  :iok

I am mystified at CBS doing this unless they seriously decided since we had the route, they might as well concede, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »
Can you have a TBC if you have a pitstop?

Because if we take that map literally, it says PITSTOPS in Delhi x2 and Moscow x2.

But since it is CBS, I guess they could mean LEGS and not actual Pitstops??  :iok

I am mystified at CBS doing this unless they seriously decided since we had the route, they might as well concede, :lol:

:groan:  I know peach, the term "pitstop" is very controversial... so I deliberately avoided using it and just went with "legs".

BTW, has TAR ever had 2 pitstops in the same city ???

....cue the pitstop greeter..."Welcome to Moscow".... one week later, cue the greeter... "Welcome to Moscow, AGAIN!"   :funny:

;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:17:55 PM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »
BTW, has TAR ever had 2 pitstops in the same city ???

....cue the pitstop greeter..."Welcome to Moscow".... one week later, cue the greeter... "Welcome to Moscow, AGAIN!"   :funny:

;)

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Boingo makes me laugh...  :jumpy:

Well, that's a good point though.  Probably not? So CBS said Pitstops and they should have said Legs---I can buy that!

Good thing we know that our Moscow video has to be the last Pitstop/Leg by the dates...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
Heres why I was thinking Cambodia to India as a leg (now we know its New Delhi)

I'll take India for 2 legs and all of Russia for a total of 3. I'll now pass on Cambodia as 2 pit stops, rather on day 2 in Cambodia teams search for a clue that takes them to obscure India, how else would they know that the place in India was obscure? They must have had a "clue".

Wasn't it an obscure location in Delhi? I thought it was probably the grain place....  ???

From Jason:

Girls: Um, can you do us a favor? So you're going to India?
Me: No, actually Nepal.
Girls: Oh. Is that near India?
Girls: Well, we need to find something in India and thought you might be able to help since you were going near there.
Me: Okkkkkkkkk. But I'm actually going to Nepal.
Girls: Well, we're looking for something really obscure in Delhi. 

The point being is that they normally get a clue, fly to Delhi, India then get a clue in say Delhi to tell them what the first task is not ""go to some place obscure India, get it?
Remember they were on flight from Bangkok to Delhi when they talked to Jason, not in Delhi.
So I'm thinking the last task in Cambodia was seaching for the faces (brb)

We didn't manage to take a picture of it but i think we ran into a couple doing the Amazing Race here. We'll have to check out the next season but the couple was being followed by a camera man and they had to find a specific face in the ruins.
http://paulmarkthirnan.blogspot.com/2008/05/angkor-wat-cambodia.html

Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »
 :res: not to beat a point to death.... IIRC, didn't BVM say that they have a scavenger hunt scheduled for the racers in Moscow.  I can see the post-production folks stretching that concept into an extended leg.  As far as Delhi/New Delhi goes, they have done a TBC before in a previous TAR season in India.   :angel:   We shall see.   :sucks

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »
:pull

I'm not understanding this discussion.

We are talking fact now.  The time for "wants" or "maybes" or "possibilities" is past.

FACT: CBS has released the route and announced all of the Pitstops.

FACT: The Pitstops are: (see the box in the lower left corner on the OFFICIAL CBS Route Map? The one that says PITSTOPS?)

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

FACT: The route is no longer up for discussion, it is what it is.

Since when would CBS call a leg a Moscow leg and send teams to Nepal instead? After announcing Moscow in a major press release?

Time to accept the facts, IMO! :groan:

If the individuals in charge knew what the "facts" were, I might be able accept this. BVM and Jonathan Littman have made many misstatements in his public pronoucements. Where do you think CBS is getting the information for their map from? Is it a reliable source who is free from error? The answer is clearly the negative.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2008, 01:55:54 PM »
:res: not to beat a point to death.... IIRC, didn't BVM say that they have a scavenger hunt scheduled for the racers in Moscow.  I can see the post-production folks stretching that concept into an extended leg.  As far as Delhi/New Delhi goes, they have done a TBC before in a previous TAR season in India.   :angel:   We shall see.   :sucks
I would think that they want to keep the "speedbump" going and we can't have one of those without a non-elim-penalty.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Yes, Moscow is supposed to be a scavenger hunt--I can't think of any other good reason to go to Chateau's rather obscure museum (nice as it is!)...

Why do we need a NEL with a speedbump please??  ???

Sorry, I must be caffeine deficient today! :lol3:  Or maybe too much sun? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
Thanks to CBS and BVM just about everything about TAR13 is now set in concrete.

So when can we start on TAR14?

Oh, yes, I guess we should still watch TAR13 on Sunday just for the heck of it (and keep the ratings up so that we do get a renewal.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »
Yes, Moscow is supposed to be a scavenger hunt--I can't think of any other good reason to go to Chateau's rather obscure museum (nice as it is!)...

Why do we need a NEL with a speedbump please??  ???

Sorry, I must be caffeine deficient today! :lol3:  Or maybe too much sun? :funny:

Instead of going home or being "marked for elimination" -- a non-elimination leg penalty used during the show's last two seasons -- Kynt and Vyxsin will now face a special upcoming Speed Bump task.

"Sometime during the next leg of the race, you're going to encounter a new twist in the race, and it's called a Speed Bump," explained host Phil Keoghan to Kynt and Vyxsin.  "A Speed Bump is a task that only you have to complete -- all the other teams keep racing.  You won't know when it's coming, and as a result of doing the Speed Bump you may find yourselves behind, which means you may have to do a lot of work to catch up if you want to stay in the race."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:12:33 PM by puddin »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
So where is our floating city?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
Tonle Sap Cambodia ^^^^^^^

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
Cambodia--  remember Matt's pics with Dallas and  mom in the lake? Phil in the boat?

Tonle Sap Lake, near Siem Reap.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:39:24 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »
hmmfph - i'm upset that CBS released that map...

New Delhi/Old Delhi semantics

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2008, 08:11:49 PM »
And now CBS has it on their homepage, I think a lot of people are upset they were spoiled with no warning. Although I'm not complaining :D . Was it season 9? they gave away the countries in titles "I'm in Russia playing with dolls" to name one.