Author Topic: TAR13 Episode Timeline, Route, Schedule  (Read 87179 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR13 timeline speculation
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »
The point here is that we have have learned from experience to not trust BVM's geography or mileages in these interviews. Despite his many talents, a geographer he is not! He kept saying Antarctica was nearby in TAR 11, when it was over 2000 miles away! :lol: Just don't put a lot of faith in those numbers...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
Remember this  2  African countries?   :lol:

Ireland is one of five new countries The Amazing Race 12 filmed in, along with Croatia, Lithuania and two African countries with names that van Munster said most people can't pronounce.

"It's very exciting to go to new locations because we have gone to places where people have never seen a television camera or have never seen television," he explained.  "But these are the people we also have to work with.  So from a producer's perspective, it's more than exciting." 

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:52 AM »
So we've got Legs 1-5 through to Cambodia, Legs 10-11 locked in as Moscow and Portland, and slotting in Delhi and Almaty, just two more legs to discover!

Does the gap between the 7th and the 13th (Delhi and Moscow) warrant three legs, or just two? Because timeline-wise Cambodia would be the most probable place to host two legs. (Otherwise it'd be an extended Pit Stop.)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »
patlini, I am of the opinon that Dubai was not the way AR13 went to Kazazhstan. The evidence for a stop there is weak in my opinion. As for Delhi,  the most direct and appropriate flight is the one you show, but it goes only once per week. Do you think the producers would have scheduled that? I don't because it's too risky that the race will be delayed enough to screw up that flight. The alternatives from Delhi to Alamaty are really awful. The best of a bad bunch is Turkish Airlines via Istanbul. Flights are:

TK1079 0445 0910 DEL IST connecting in Istanbul to TK1350 IST ALA 1940 0400+1

This is a 23 hour jaunt, but it does fly 6 times each week. I consider it more likely than if the route is nonstop from Delhi to Almaty.

The big question for the AR13 route right now was one of the places home to 2 legs of AR13 (Siem Reap being the most probable) or is there some other pitstop on the way to Almaty. I have no answer to that right now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »
Thanks for the map Neobie :ya3:
Like apskips, I'd take Dubai out of the mix and agree Cambodia probable 2 legs and will stick with Somewhere India as one of the other so called missing legs.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
Also thinking of alternative means of transportation a la croatia - italy leg in TAR12
trains instead of boats

but from Dehli to the "stans" its over the himalayas and then through bandit country so highly unlikely

though it could be a way for them to get from Almaty to Moscow, probably a 2 day train journey

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 01:38:50 PM by patlini »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
Just from having watched the Race, I can say that they probably won't take that long a train ride to get to Moscow. They've never had one that long before.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »
How long would it take estimated, TAR3 had a 24 hour train ride, it has happened before Hooky
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
its approx 2 days

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
Not quite. The TransSiberian express runs from Novosibirsk to Moscow in 46 hours or from Omsk in 38 hours. However, you still have to get from Almaty to Novosibirsk or Omsk, a bus or car run of more than 24 hours. The entire concept of going by train from the southeastern corner of Kazakhstan to Moscow by anything other than plane is ludicrous. It's 1935 miles as the crow flies.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2008, 07:14:46 AM »
The information in the AP article of Derrik J. Lang(see Amazing Race in the Media thread) has only a tiny bit that is new. However the juxtaposition of Kazahstan with Cambodia has caused me to take a fresh look at the question of the missing leg. It has to be either a second leg in Cambodia, which I have deemed less probable, or a second leg between Almaty and Moscow (most probably Astana Kazakhstan), which I have deemed as more probable. Given the statements of Bertram van Munster about the time spent in the Cambodian jungle and the information we already have on tasks done in the Siem Reap/Angkor Wat, the probability of the two-legs-in-Cambodia (if so then probably using a TBC in order to fit time-wise) scenario has increased.

Another speculation is based on van Munster's statement that much Kazakhstan footage was shot in "the capital of Kazakhstan." Many people do not know that the capital of Kazahstan was moved from Almaty to Astana 11 years ago. That might include Bertram, who is traditionally suspect on much geography information or might just be using an old atlas(that happens to me on occasion).

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »
From Puddin's post of the TV Guide blurb here http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15354.msg347684.html#msg347684 BVM says something about "a mysterious floating city".

From an old news article http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20050705095345754 a floating city was to be built in Turkey.  The "Freedom City/Freedom Ship" has been pretty well debunked as scam/pipedream, but maybe some building did get started.  It's definitely "mysterious".

Is there still a gap in the Delhi/Dubai/Almaty region?  Turkey is in the neighborhood.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »
We know its Tonle Sap/ Cambodia 2old4tech  :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
Would they go to Morocco again? Early May would fit ...after India I suppose.

abarry90
My in laws saw filming in progress back in early may in Morocco. I am guessing Morocco may be one of the unknow locations? 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »
We also have room in TARA 3, :lol:  although early May might be stretching it...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »
Yeah it would have to be more like early June for TARA, lol

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2008, 10:38:01 PM »
Would they go to Morocco again? Early May would fit ...after India I suppose.

abarry90
My in laws saw filming in progress back in early may in Morocco. I am guessing Morocco may be one of the unknow locations? 

The basic answer is that it is theoretically possible for the 8th or 9th leg to be in Morocco, but I find that pretty unlikely. You would have to travel from Delhi to Casablanca or Marrakesh or Rabat or Tangier. That would be 4878 miles to Casablanca and slightly less to the others. Next, you would have to travel back to Kazazhstan, which is 5720 miles from Casablanca to Astana or slightly less from other Moroccan cities and slightly more to go to Almaty. That's 10600 miles (the distance from New York to Cairns Australia). This would not have been the way WRP did it. If the race went to Kazakhstan first, you still have about the same mileage to reach Moscow via Morocco.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:51:47 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Timetables and Flight Information
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
It should go something like this .. 11 legs 8 countries

3 legs in South America
1 leg NZ
1 leg Cambodia
2 legs India
1 leg Kazakhstan
2 in Russia
1 Portland Oregon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
There you have it ...

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:00:24 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »
I was actually right about India and Moscow, 2 legs per Matts photos :)

Why am I not shocked @ Almaty, lol poor BVM gets it wrong again!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »

puddin, while I am glad that you are actually right about India and Moscow, 2 legs, I am very curious on the basis for such judgments. I haven't seen that logic on RFF yet.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:43:34 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »

puddin, while I am glad that you are acutally right about India and Moscow, 2 legs, I am very curious on the basis for such judgments. I haven't seen that logic on RFF yet.
Oh now I have to dig, lol but its around here somewhere.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
There you have it ...

1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

Shouldn't that map show the teams going down to Santiago, Chile (didn't we have a sighting at the Santiago Airport?)and then across the Pacific to New Zealand.  The map has the teams going back across the Atlantic, Africa and the Indian Ocean to reach New Zealand.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
Moscows around here somewhere,  all my guess's were based on the time that Matt spent in India and Russia as well.
Delhi photos May 6th to the 9th, Moscow photos May 10-13th.

So you want to talk about the pictures in this thread so moving on....for New Delhi I found this:
Radhey Shiam Balkishan & Sons
Since its production maybe the "grains" is a task? These are dated May 7 but we decided that its May 8th? I'm confused on the dates.

puddin, if you wish to be less confused on timing, consult the latest Timetable in the Timetables and Flight Information thread. We had the spotting of teams in Dubai airport on the morning of May 8 as indicated by JonLover(post 150 in this Spoilers thread). That could only happen if they left Delhi on May 7.

But the production/Delhi photos begin on May 6th and end on May 9th then pick up again on May 10th in Moscow. Did Matt/production hang around in Delhi extra days or was Delhi longer than we originally thought and Dubai not even in the picture? The evidence for Dubai/airport was not solid if I recall.

I'm afraid I might have to cast extra doubt on Dubai...

The blog on Dubai, posted at 1.04am on May 8th, says "I didnt expect the news that i heard last night". If the timestamp belongs to Dubai or Philippines time, the sighting would have been on or before the 6th. Even if we use the generous US timezone, it would suggest the sighting was at least on the 7th.

Teams fly from Cambodia to India on the 6th (I'm reading this correctly, am I not?), arriving that evening in Delhi after most Hours of Operation. Is there any way we could make this work out?

Chateau? Post 504? :lol:

I never took Dubai as gospel Neobie  :sucks , I think they spend more time in Delhi/New Delhi per Matt's time that he spent in India. Now if only I could twist someones are to make me a little map of where Matt has been in New Delhi  :snicker:  :kuss:

Would it be possible to have a second leg in India? Either a leg in New Dehli (the contrast between Old and New would be a good way to have two legs in India without much work I don't think) or have teams take an uncomfortable train ride to somewhere else (just like in the old days),
Oh I miss the trains zach. I don't know about trains but I'm leaning towards 2 legs in what I'll safely call India  :lol:.