Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 542669 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »
ryan?

Thanks, but if you saw the first page, we know this.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF , ryaniiez!! We are glad you found us, and  :ty4posting

This place can be hard to find your way around in, so try starting here first, and you can see what all we are talking about here in TARA land!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »
From an Indian article:

Bhandari says that products are integrated into the show. For instance, participants use a Nokia phone to navigate their way to the next location. Mascargo is used to transport equipment while Caltex is used in a Go Kart Challenge.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/sep/sep82.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2008, 02:22:57 PM »
Thanks apskip! I think we need those early morning flights on the 23 rd in order to account for the afternoon arrival of some teams into Saigon.

But Leg 1  includes Bangkok (start line about 5-6, directly to bugs, seen in the dark looking for something, perhaps wash a bus here) onto Chiang Mai (bus to Chiang Mai, rice pounding vs ??cut/harvest/mow rice or grass, off road task, first team photographed at the Mat by 9-10AM). This is confirmed by the spoiler article above (author saw the ep 1 tape, sees who is first and second at the mat.) 

Definitely not 2 separate legs.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
Peach, if that is true (which I do not agree with at present as a TBC leg makes more sense) then we know of only 8 legs total. In that case there are a minimum of 3  legs to be after Cochin. Just introducing the teams on-camera will take a significant amount of time in the first episode even with the Racers Revealed pre-episode, so how can they do everything needed in Bangkok and then Chiang Mai. I guess the only way I can think of  for this to work given your belief that buses are used Bangkok to Chiang Mai is if leg 1 is combined Bangkok/Chiang Mai then Chiang Mai tasks are short and a separate Chiang Mai area only leg follows as leg 2. However, that does not work due to the timing of departure for Saigon.

7 legs in 15 days(if there is on TBC) through to pitstop release from the Cochin area leg is not what I call a punishing schedule, which Michael McKay promised.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:04:22 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2008, 03:44:09 PM »
I think we only know 6 legs for sure?

Leg 1 Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Leg 2 Chiang Mai to Saigon
Leg 3 Saigon to Hue
Leg 4 Hue to unknown
Leg 5 unknown to Hong Kong
Leg 6 HK to Macau
Leg 7 Macau to Cochin, India
Leg 8 possible more India ??Goa
Leg 9
Leg 10
Leg 11 Finale
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
Peach:
You are by what is known with high confidence correct on confirmed legs and exact locations. However, May 26 morning to May 28 morning is a leg even if we don't know precisely where to. i believe Hanoi, but it could be elsewhere. Th logic for somehow a second leg before leaving Chiang Mai cries out to me(I know it doesn't to you).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2008, 04:39:55 PM »
From Ken's interview with Michael McKay:

Actually one of my absolute favourite locations comes up towards the very end of this series so more on that another time.

Hmmmm.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »
I plan to do another interview with Michael midway through the season so I hope to get more from him on that.
Just here to visit.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: September 09, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »
from farwest @ the AXN forum

THE AMAZING RACE ASIA season 3
episode #1
September 11, 2008

10 teams start out in Bangkok, Thailand

make your way by taxi to the 1st route marker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Task #1: eat some bugs.

make your way by taxi to the 2nd route marker

Some teams change their clothes because of the rain

Task #2: search for an item and get a bus ticket

Take buses to Chiang Mai (Thailand)

Task #3: get off and wash buses

Make your way by taxi to the next route marker
Detour #1: Pound rice

Detour #2: cut weeds?

Make your way to the pitstop.

1st place: Mai + Oliver [THA]
2nd place: Geoff + Tisha [PHI]

Safe:
Henry + Bernie [MAL]
William + Isaac [KOR]
Sam + Vince [HK]
Ida + Tania [MAL]
A.D. + Fuzzie [SIN]

In trouble:
Kapil + Niroo [IND]
Neena + Amit [IND]
Natalie + Pailin [THA]

Credits to: Jonlover, Jaa, georgiapeach, banzai, AXN

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »
Here is the article on which people in the Philippines as well as elsewhere in Asia ahve learned about the results of the first leg of ARA3:

RP duo in 2nd spot on ‘Amazing Race Asia’

By Marinel Cruz
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 18:06:00 09/08/2008

MANILA, Philippines—Team Philippines’ Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang landed the No. 2 spot on the first day of a month-long competition for the reality program, “The Amazing Race Asia Season 3,” Inquirer Entertainment learned.

During the “Tara3” exclusive screening at the Inquirer offices in Makati City, we took a peek into what transpired in the day-long race that began in Bangkok and culminated in Chiang Mai in Thailand. Oliver Faivre, 26, and Mai Sarasas, 24, representatives of the host country, placed first.

On the first race day, all 10 teams were made to eat bugs, pound on rice grains and clean buses. More of these on the action-adventure channel AXN on Sept. 11 at 9 p.m.

The teams — two pairs each from Thailand, Malaysia and India, and one pair each from the Philippines, Singapore, Korea and Hong Kong — race to win $100,000.

In a statement sent to Inquirer Entertainment, AXN dubbed the new season as “The toughest race ever.” Fatigue level was so high, the statement said, that one production crew member was hospitalized. The race is said to be faster in pace, with shorter breaks, compared to the first two seasons.

Geoff, 26, and Tisha, 32, have been dating for three and a half years. “Nobody would have thought that we’d end up dating. We have very different personalities,” said Tisha.

The couple said they have huge shoes to fill, since TV host Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez, as RP representatives last season, finished third.

Representing Hong Kong this season are best buddies Sam Wu, 32, university lecturer and Vince Chung, 32, comedian and host.

Eye candy

Also from Thailand are Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova, 26, and Pailin Rungratanasunthorn, 25, Miss Earth Thailand 2006. They are the “resident eye candy,” the AXN statement said. Last year, Natalie married Thailand’s highest ranked tennis player, Paradorn Srichaphan, and Pailin was one of her bridesmaids. “We love to try new things,” said Natalie. “Give us bungee jumping, parachuting, paragliding and para-sailing any day. We are competitive, we’re in shape and we’re going to kick ass.”

Cousins Neena, 24, and Amit Rai, 24, from India said they are “poles apart in everything but always manage to get along.” Amit, a real estate consultant, credits his cousin Neena, a commercial model, for getting him hooked on “Tara.”

The father-and-son team of Niroo Asrani, actor, 53 and Kapil Asrani, HR executive, 25, is from India, too. Kapil said joining the race was a chance to have some quality time with his father.

AXN has brought to Asian viewers reality programs like “Survivor,” “Fear Factor” and “The Contender.” With a total household reach of over 83 million across Asia (including 40 million on time-block basis in China), “The Amazing Race” has become its signature series.

Some are speculating that this is a deliberate leak by AXN to build audience for tomorrow night's premier episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2008, 12:54:36 PM »
Well okay, :lol: guess we can take another look, but that was already posted on 9/8:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15379.msg346567.html#msg346567
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »
Peach, that link contains only half of the article and it does not appear to give any credit to the original author/source!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
I'm obsessed w/ the importance of acknowledging sources, apskip. The LINK is at the bottom, and I posted what I thought was relevant re spoilers.

But no biggie...we can always take another look!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2008, 03:14:44 PM »
And so so far so good with my checkin times.  It's a weak test but the article confirms that the Oliver team really did get to the mat before the Bernie & Henry team.  Can't wait to hear the actual times.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »
my speculation was right!  According to the intro clips shown on TARA 3, they'd went to Africa alright after they'd raced from Asia, probably we're gonna see it on the last 2 legs on this season.  As shown on the clips itself as I closely looked at it, they're probably going to the countries of Kenya and Tanzania in East Africa where I'd saw a dhow boat and jumping Massai guy there, and then surely the 3 remaining teams will go back to Asia to race for the grand price (I'm guessing going back to Thailand).

And also, they'd even went to Middle East, most probably they went to either in Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain or Oman because I'd saw an Arab man holding his camel while traveling in the middle of an Arabian desert on that intro clip as well.

So, this is what I'd knew for now and please post your comments and evidence on it. :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »
well, most of us haven't seen the episode yet so can't comment...but we have the first promo clips pretty well dissected
here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,16845.0.html and in the spoilers upstream, so you might want to look there first? I have to say that that sounds like the TAR 13 clip though...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »
Thanks for posting! About intros, not too sure because they reused some old clips. But apparently an article did say they did go to Europe, the HK article.

Anyways from Allan Wu at the start line, 11 legs, 7 elimination legs. 3 NELS.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2008, 12:42:08 PM »
But apparently an article did say they did go to Europe, the HK article.

Whoo Hoo! Nice to get the NEL's confirmed. So hmmmm.... no TBC's??

And I'm not sure we have the HK article? I am drawing a blank...any links to that?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:25 PM »
But apparently an article did say they did go to Europe, the HK article.

Whoo Hoo! Nice to get the NEL's confirmed. So hmmmm.... no TBC's??

And I'm not sure we have the HK article? I am drawing a blank...any links to that?

Hmm actually he didn't say how many NELS, but since the last leg is NEL, there should be 3.

I'm thinking TBCs are counted as 1 leg itself? :duno:

The HK article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i187b1de8cecc50d094f5cad683a03fe5

'Amazing Race Asia' Season 3 on AXN
Localization the way forward for the Sony-owned network

By Karen Chu

Sept 5, 2008, 11:25 AM ET
HONG KONG -- AXN on Friday launched the third season of "Amazing Race Asia" in Hong Kong, counting on local relevance to compel Asian viewers to watch, said Jack Lim, vp advertising sales and marketing at parent Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Shot in Asia and Europe, the series featured contestants from Hong Kong, Thailand, India, Korea, Singapore and the Philippines. The Asian promotional tour of Season 3 began in Hong Kong, after Bangkok, the original starting point, was ruled out because of political turmoil in the Thai capital.

"The performance of (boxing reality series) 'Contender Asia' and previous seasons of 'Amazing Race Asia' has surpassed expectations," Lim told The Hollywood Reporter.

Ratings in Asian markets for these two shows were higher than the ratings for the original U.S. versions when they were shown in Asia, "proving that original programming is the way forward for the network," he said.

In addition to running on AXN, the two previous seasons of "Amazing Race Asia" were syndicated to China, Malaysia and New Zealand. "Contender Asia" also has a broad appeal outside Asia in Sweden and Australia, Lim said.

Apart from adapting for Asia "Contender" and "Amazing Race" for AXN, SPE has been producing local content, including the animated TV movie "LaMB" for Animax.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2008, 08:13:24 PM »
Thank you puddin!  :jumpy:

Thanks Jonnal....

Hmmmm...that projected finale date of 11/23 does give us the opportunity of 12 shows, unless they skip one for whatever reason.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »
most are repeats, took me forever to get into the past seasons of TARA

#7 TARA 1 United Arab Emirates
#8 old
#10 old
#11 I've seen somewhere
#12 old
#13 old
#14 old
#16 TARA 1 Bali
#18 old
#19 old
#20 TARA1 Red Fort
#21 old
#22 old Mount Fuji
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:41:13 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
1--macau skywalk??
3--omit
4--
5--Jumping Maasai?
6--Arabian dhow--??coastal Africa
7--heee...desert camel
8-- :duno: but I like Genghis Khan on the lower left season 1
9--omit
10 season 1
11--bungy over water?
12 season 1
13 season 1
14 season 1
15--??Finnish bathing huts (Scandanavian??)  Cape Town
16--Indian elephant
17--kayak
18--Sydney (old) season1
20 season 1
21--poison dart? Blow pipe? season 1
22--Fuji (Osaka has been spec'd)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:11:39 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »
quick question, was the X-Centre shown?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »
X-Centre Special Events Diary
2008 Filming for AXN TV Series "Amazing Race Asia" Series 3 to be Viewed Internationally. Buggy Challenge and Paintball Challenge.

source