Author Topic: Amazing Race Contestants (summary/photos page 1)  (Read 277469 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Contestant (s)
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2008, 02:51:04 PM »
back to the girls so 1 blonde and 1 medium brown hair wearing pink vests.

Could these be the "two" blondes in pink or another team

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
With all the people on that elevator, we could go on forever with possibale contestants. Just another person to consider, since no one has mentioned him yet, is the young guy behind the son.

Reflecting on it, I'm giving in to those 2 girls being the "blondes" in pink.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »
With all the people on that elevator, we could go on forever with possibale contestants. Just another person to consider, since no one has mentioned him yet, is the young guy behind the son.

If you notice, most people on that elevator have little or no hand luggage, so any one with a mid to large backpack on can probably be considered as possible crew or cast

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »
These are two different contestants aren't they? Or could they be the same person? I'm not much good with faces -  the nose seems a different shape, but the chin looks the same, and the hair is similar :duno:

I think these are two different guys, if you compare them, their ears are shaped differently and their noses aren't the same.

I think the 2 women in the airport are the same pair spotted climbing on the mesh netting, and I also think it is possible one is the red-haired women at Angkor.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »
See if this helps ...and is that an African American girl that the blond is talking with? hard to say?

anyway the one with the darker hair is she wearing a cap of some sort? :spy: << the one on the right.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
I was going over it in school today, and at 1st I had her labeled as african american female, but then when I saw her in the other photo, she looked white. But now in that photo, she looks black again. I guess theres always hope that someone spots them in India...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2008, 09:01:07 PM »
I was going over it in school today, and at 1st I had her labeled as african american female, but then when I saw her in the other photo, she looked white. But now in that photo, she looks black again. I guess theres always hope that someone spots them in India...
I'm talking about this girl, which other picture did you mean north?

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »
from below pic ...

in yellow - 2 are possible racer (man team) + mom& son team

in red - they r crew
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:53:34 PM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »
See if this helps ...and is that an African American girl that the blond is talking with? hard to say?

anyway the one with the darker hair is she wearing a cap of some sort? :spy: << the one on the right.

from the girls pic - we can see blue color tag likely .... is Racer having blue tag too?

like TAR Asia ... racers tag is vary ... saw 2 different color ...

p/s green backpack with blue tag - possible racer too?
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »

I think the girls have blue bandanas not tags ..that is how the crews sort them out, by what color bandana they wear ie. Son & Mom team white ,f/f team blue, M/F from behind purple etc

from the girls pic - we can see blue color tag likely .... is Racer having blue tag too?

like TAR Asia ... racers tag is vary ... saw 2 different color ...

p/s green backpack with blue tag - possible racer too?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2008, 11:58:04 PM »
cabioTAR, Blue is Crew and Yellow is Cast I think!! as per Kuwait spoilers of crew and TAR Racers always have yellow tags!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2008, 12:02:49 AM »
Okay!!

Sorry to be slow but I didn't want to post all this without sending my thank you's to the sources first!

1) Shacklebolt from TWoP who brought us the first Salvador info about the Elevador will be registering and coming to join in the fun--so please give him a warm RFF welcome and a big thank you! Without his post we might not have Salvador at all!

2) I had the great pleasure of talking directly to Justin today about what all he saw in the Santiago airport. (http://thenomadlife.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-flight-out-of-santiago.html)
He is unfamiliar with the race except for what he has gleaned from enthusiastic family--but he did an excellent job in telling me what all he saw.
Any errors are prob mine because I was writing a mile a minute!

He was in the airport on April 30th.

He saw teams, each accompanied by a camera and sound guy start arriving in the early evening.

They all appeared exhausted and after ticketing at different counters, some went for a bite to eat and some just crashed. He emphasized that he didn't know what they had been doing, but all seemed tired and dirty.

He saw teams arriving in 2 "waves".

The first prob 5 to 6 teams (some difficulty sorting out camera people from teams) arriving earlier maybe 4-5PM and the second smaller group of 1 or 2-3 arriving an hour or so later.

Re teams:

He saw 2 girls he called "the sisters" (but could have been friends also) dressed in blue shirts
2 younger teams --couples he thinks
One older gray haired maybe 45 yrs man (unclear here whether racer or production)

He points out that almost all the Int flights leave Santiago in the eve. He thinks most of the teams were going by 7+ or so. His flight left about 8.

He does recall a flight to Australia that eve, as well as several others (Houston, London, Europe)

He is going to look at a terminal map for us and let us know if he remembers more...and I hope he also will be coming here to join in the fun! :hearts:

But sadly, no pictures...

much more in a second...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2008, 12:10:04 AM »
Yes! :yess: :jam:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2008, 12:11:32 AM »
Great!!!  :jumpy: :jam: :neener: :waves: :kuss: :kuss:

No pics!!!  :'(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2008, 12:19:10 AM »
And 3):

Jason who posted here in the blog that Mrs Shrek found (http://jumpingthetracks.blogspot.com/2008/05/amazing-race.html)

about seeing the teams in Siem Reap and on to Bangkok, also very kindly spent a lot of time answering all my many questions and has sent us 3 more racer pics!

Directly from his answers to my looonggg list of questions: :-[ (y'all know me!  :lol:)

Was in Siem Reap on Bangkok Airways flight PG 924 from there to
Bangkok which left at 9:50am and arrived at 10:30am.
All of my pics are in Bangkok and I guess I can send you the rest.

Here's my breakdown of the contestants:
2 girls, both from Texas, one blond, one brunette.
A young guy with spikey hair (college age, red shirt, orange pack,
white headband in the escalator pic) and his mother.
A young couple (pic of them from behind on my blog), probably mid-20s.
Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s.
2 frat boys.  One was wearing an AEPi shirt from Arizona State dated
2006 and the other was the jew-fro kid with the yellow headband.  He's
definitely a racer.

I can't remember the last contestants now bu t there was another pair.

Green backpack guys are camera/sound guys.  One sound guy who sat in
my row saw me taking pics and just smiled and nodded.   Was pretty
cool actually.
I didn't notice an older grey haired guy as a contestant.

Apparently they were only in Bangkok for a few hours and then off to
Delhi so most of them ran directly to the international transfers
terminal and didn't pass through customs.  I have no idea who was
leading then.  I've actually never watched TAR so I was a little in
the dark as to what was even going on.

As for Delhi, the racers didn't get into it, just said it was obscure and something that they couldn't find by just googling it so they were looking for a local contact.  And this all happened yesterday morning (Tuesday morning, Thailand time) so I would think they either just got to India or are on their way.  Actually, now that I think about it, one of them mentioned that they had a 4 hour layover in Bangkok before leaving so they should be in Delhi. 

There were no African American teams. 

And Jason will be joining us soon too so ya'll can give him a big round of applause and ask him yourself all the things I may have forgotten!

3 more pics coming in a few--will add them here as soon as I get them ready!!!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:52:17 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2008, 12:27:11 AM »
great peach!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »
So the African American team was eliminated in Siem Reap? seems so.

thanks peachs :<3 & Jason & Justin :luvu:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:12:09 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2008, 12:44:13 AM »
The three teams that neither Justin or Jason could recall seeing were the older Hippie-ish team, the blondes in pink, and the African Americans...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »
Okay thats official.  I am in love with Peach.  :kuss:

In the non Lesbian way, of course.  Michael get your head out of the gutter.

Well unless there are  :margarita:, then you never know.

Great job, Peach.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2008, 12:58:56 AM »
XX Peach you rock!!!  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
I activated Jason & Shacklebolt :welcome:, dibs on the cutie from Philly boy :luvu: (that means hands off  mswood  :meow:)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »
I activated Jason & Shacklebolt :welcome:, dibs on the cutie from Philly boy :luvu: (that means hands off  mswood  :meow:)

Fine, fine.

I promise I won't use my hands..... :whips

Offline jumpingthetracks

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »
Hey everyone.  Glad I could help with the Bangkok pics and info.  As Peach posted, I can definitely identify 5 teams and think there was another but can't be sure.  I know that sucks because you guys wanna know if people got kicked off recently.  Sorry about that.  Actually, I was chatting with a crew member in the customs line when they told me it was a documentary and I asked how many people there are in the "movie" and just threw 10 out there as a number and he said yeah so maybe there are only 5 teams left. 

I can definitely say that the frat guys are the guys in my second set of pics, one with a yellow headband, one with a yellow hat.  They were doing pullups on the bus ride from the plane.  The 2 girls, one blond/reddish hair, one brunette, both from Texas.  The couple with their backs to me in the other shot is a team, they had a number on the packs.  Don't remember what it was.  Then there's the young guy with the spikey hair and his mother and another M/F who are together but almost positive they're not a couple.  That's all I saw in terms of contestants.

I can definitely say there was no african american team.  There was one african american guy but he was a sound guy.  That's it. 

And the girls definitely passed through customs when the rest went another way.  And in the picture with them, the black line to the left is the back of a thai lady's head.  Airport security or information person trying to help them.  I left them when they were still by the baggage claim trying to figure out what to do.

What else?  ummmmm, I didn't see any older couple with the group.  We were pretty much waiting in the small Siem Reap airport together for over an hour so I got a pretty good look at everyone that was there. 

Again, glad to help as much as I can.  I'm offline for a bit so may not respond quickly if anyone has any questions.  I guess I'll have to start watching TAR now  ;)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
 :thankyou: Thanks jumpingthetracks for the extra info and welcome to RFF :waves:

You meantioned that one of the girls had 'blond/reddish hair'. Could she possibly be the same girl in the photo here?

Enjoy your travels :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2008, 05:56:14 AM »
Thanks everyone! But it is really all Shacklebolt, Justin, and jumpingthetracks--I am just the messenger!

And a HUGE RFF :welcome2: to jumpingthe tracks for so kindly sharing his info and pics with us! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule: