Date of original post was May 15. this post has been altered to the below:
May 8, leg 8
KC954 0705 1030 DXB ALA, then tasks in Alamaty(one of several connect points from Dubai to Moscow, not the one I consider to have the highest probability.Next most probable would be Astana, another large city in Kazakhstan.
tasks in the afternoon and evening, followed by start of 36 hour pitstop
36 hour pitstop in Almaty
May 9, leg 9
choice of 4 flights ALA TSE(Astana):
KC851 0605 0800
KC617 0940 1125
KC951 1225 1405
KC953 1610 1755
following arrival in Astana there will be tasks
May 10 Astana tasks and start of pitstop
May 11, leg 10
KC204 0625 0700 TSE DME (Moscow-domodedovo)
I haven't a clue on where team would go in the Mosocw area since many of the good ones have been used by previous Amazing Race visits, but tasks would obviously be done
May 12 tasks in Moscow completed by early afternoon followed by 36 hour pistop
May 13 pitstop
May 14 leg 11
LH3189 0705 0825 DME FRA
LH468 0945 1120 FRA PDX, then tasks until FINISH LINE
This segment of the total Timeline was previously the subject of speculation and still is. Nothing is really known for absolute sure yet. However, there are several things that appear likely:
1. The knowledge of Moscow (per Peach, which is as good as getting money from a bank) eliminates many branches on the total tree of possiblities from Dubai May 7 through to Frankfurt May 14.
2. First and foremost is the high probability that the flight FRA PDX was preceded on the same morning by the flight DME(Moscow) FRA. This makes it unlikely that there are any tasks in Germany.
3. That makes Moscow leg 10 of a total 11.
4. Next we have to find a connection between Dubai and Moscow. There are only so many possiblitiies, those for which flights out of Dubai were in a west(but not too far), northwest, or north direction. Those include Halsinki, Talinn, Riga, Vilnius, Istanbul, Baku, Tashkent, Almaty, and Astana. The ones that have flights from Dubai are:
Baku 0110 J2016
Tashkent 1230 HY334
Kiev 1930 P5374
Almaty 0705 KC954
Istanbul 0400 SQ490
Istanbul 1165 0745
Istanbul 1430 EK121
This table indicates that the highest probability destination should be Istanbul, but with that City having prior Amazing Races stop I doubt that it happened in AR13.
5. The one that fits best is Almaty, Kazakhstan. Now in addition to Almaty Kazakhstan has Astana, another large city with major international flights, including to Moscow. The amount of time between Dubai and Moscow has to be filled with exactly 2 legs and I predict that they will both be in the same country. I think Kazakhstan will be that country, as no other country fits the 2-stops requirement combined with flights to Moscow quite as well.
6. Peach, I agree that Dubai was only a transit point. I do not think teams stayed there for tasks and pitstop.