Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666071 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!*
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF lucas!!

Lucky you!

Sure you can help!

What did the couples look like? (young--male--female??)

Who was ahead at the time you saw them!

I'm jealous! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »
Maybe is a little late to say that, but I live here in Salvador, and I saw them on the elevator, but I was just passing by, I just don't realized that they are from The Amazing Race. In that moment, a couple were on the top and another one in the middle of the way. Beyond that, I'm not helpful...

Cool!  Can you give us a date and time of the sighting, Lucas?

Welcome aboard the best of the best :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »
Maybe is a little late to say that, but I live here in Salvador, and I saw them on the elevator, but I was just passing by, I just don't realized that they are from The Amazing Race. In that moment, a couple were on the top and another one in the middle of the way. Beyond that, I'm not helpful...
Nice to meet you luca, thank you for sharing :hithere:.
Can you do us a favor and look around the Internet for local pictures of the teams or flags & clue boxes?

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »
Wow - I am finally going to be traveling during May and early June - when do we anticipate an arrival back into the US?  I will keep my camera with me at all times at the airports!!  :jumpy:

Offline lucas.cgc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 08:48:31 AM »

Cool!  Can you give us a date and time of the sighting, Lucas?

Welcome aboard the best of the best :waves:

Well, I saw then thursday 24th, around 9 or 10 a.m.
I was a bit far from the elevator, so I couldn't saw a lot, but I'm sure that a couple was on the middle, and what's looked like another couple of competitors on the top. There was some production around too (cameras, etc.).

The show is not very popular here (american version only in cable television, and the brazilian version is from a very small tv network), so is very difficult to find photos and news, but if what I heard is right, they went to those places: http://maps.google.com.br/maps/ms?hl=pt-BR&gl=br&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105917186352164776559.00044c3f6e3010f0d64ad

Intersting if all done was at those places, because all they are in a very little part of the city, the Historic Center.

If I find out anything more usefull, I'll bring here later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:50:45 PM by lucas.cgc »

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »
Oi, Lucas!

Ha, eles com certeza foram no Mrcado Modelo. Tem a maior cara de Amazing Race encontrar alguém ou alguma lojinha especifica naquela bagunca toda!  :tup:

Tem como você perguntar no elevador pra algum funcionário se eles se lembram das duplas? Pedir por uma descricão delas?

Grande abraco!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
Huh?  Well anyway it sounds good!

Welcome  :waves:  and thanks for the info :jumpy:  It jives with what other info we haver  :jumpy: So heck with the abraco, have a pint on me :jam:

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »
Heh, sorry GMan

I was asking Lucas to see if he could run to the Elevator and ask the staff about teams descriptions and stuff like that.  :tup:

Offline lucas.cgc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:53 PM »
Oi, Lucas!

Ha, eles com certeza foram no Mrcado Modelo. Tem a maior cara de Amazing Race encontrar alguém ou alguma lojinha especifica naquela bagunca toda!  :tup:

Tem como você perguntar no elevador pra algum funcionário se eles se lembram das duplas? Pedir por uma descricão delas?

Grande abraco!

Hum, se dar tempo (e não chover como choveu hoje) eu vou ver se amanhã dou uma pesquisada por lá. Eu pensei nisso, mas eu não tenho muita certeza se eles passaram pelo Mercado, pois é muito próximo do elevador, só se tudo fosse na mesma prova.

GMan, sorry for the portuguese conversation, I'm just saying that maybe I'll to some of those places tomorrow, trying to find information about the competitors.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2008, 10:43:27 PM »
Thanks Lucas! and I especially LOVE the map!! (I'm the map girl :lol:)

If you could find out what the teams looked like, what teams were in front, and somemore times--that would be fabulous!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2008, 11:25:29 AM »
Oh happy days are here again! I think we found them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Siem Reap Town, Cambodia

An Amazing Race
USA | Sunday, 4 May 2008 |

Sure, the highlight today should have been the magnificent visit to Angkor Wat, but I'll be the first to admit I was a little obsessed with the filming of a certain, unnamed reality show that airs on Tuesday nights on CBS, that features pairs of people adventuring on a global scavenger hunt.  I think you catch my drift.  I even got filmed helping one of the contestants find her clue and signed my life away to CBS, or at least signed away any shot of royalities from a brief glimpse of fame!  We'll definitely be watching when the new season starts to see if we can spot ourselves in the "travel documentary" that two of the contestants said they were in :)

We arrived in Siem Reap a mere 13 hours after leaving Ho Chi Min City by bus, with a brief stop in Phnomh Penh for a little monsoon and a side of lunch.  We settled in the "popular" guest house to rest up for our big day of temples.

The temples truly are spectacular, and even more so when you think of how they were constructed so long ago.  We had our private tuk-tuk driver taking us around, and we ended the day watching the sunset from top of a hillside temple, the highest point the region.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:38:03 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »
 :yess:

Cambodia's Culinary Delights
May 4, 2008
........while I made my way to Siem Reap, by boat . Wise choice. The water is low, but we only got snagged a few times, making it here in about six hours. I've really enjoyed boat travel in SE Asia so I was glad to have one more opportunity before leaving this part of the world.

We also witnessed upon arrival what appeared to be a segment being filmed for Amazing Race. Before we could take off from the dock, we had to sit and wait while they filmed some couple with backpacks stacking baskets and then jumping in the back of a truck.

source
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:39:03 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 11:48:52 AM »
:yess:

Cambodia's Culinary Delights
May 4, 2008
........while I made my way to Siem Reap, by boat . Wise choice. The water is low, but we only got snagged a few times, making it here in about six hours. I've really enjoyed boat travel in SE Asia so I was glad to have one more opportunity before leaving this part of the world.

We also witnessed upon arrival what appeared to be a segment being filmed for Amazing Race. Before we could take off from the dock, we had to sit and wait while they filmed some couple with backpacks stacking baskets and then jumping in the back of a truck.

source

Cambodia!  Looks like speculation by apskip of trip to Melbourne after Salvador da Bahia may be correct.  If they are in Cambodia on May 3 or 4, then a stop first in Australia would be practical.

So the schedule may be something like this:

LAX to Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo to Salvador da Bahia

To Melbourne, Austraila

Somewhere else in Australia (Tasmania)

Or Singapore

Cambodia

Do the dates work out?

And note that if this indeed is from TAR13, than our girl has a ROADBLOCK clue (red banner) in her hand!
Now we know the location and at least one of the tasks!!!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:59:04 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
Nice work Puddin!   :jumpy: :jumpy:

I think we can expect some more information to come from the travelers who took the picture.

Oh Peach, emissary of information extraction!   I can already tell you that the time of day is high noon.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:38:32 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »
WRP has used this company for production services in the past, toggle through works/television, other locations that they offer include  *Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand*
http://www.crea-tv.com/indexsub.html

FLO Alert!!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »
*cringes in pain*

I flew from Hong Kong to Singapore yesterday! :duno:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »
Best known as home of the world-famous Angkor Wat, Siem Reap is a town that mesmerizes all who come here. Other ancient ruins and temples can be found standing in this colonial town. Located in the northwestern part of Cambodia, Seam Reap is really one of a kind in its heritage. Centuries ago, Siem Reap had been better than Europe who was struggling in the Dark Ages. At that time, Siem Reap had made an empire.

The world’s largest temple complex was found only again in 1861, which was in the middle of the jungle. The area is huge and the Angkor Wat alone will take a long day to explore since there are hundreds of temples. The site is so enormous and confusing you will usually get lost in the corridors.

Lakes are also prominent in Siem Reap, one of which is Tonle Sap. In Southeast Asia, it is the largest freshwater lake. The atmosphere when you explore the vastness of this is very tranquil and peaceful. Go by boat here and experience what others had enjoyed as well. Not only is this a popular attraction for the tourists, it is also important for the Cambodians since this is where they mostly get their fishes.
http://journeymanblog.com/angkor-wat-and-tonle-sap-in-siem-reap/

Links to photos below:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/gallery/2007/mar/24/wonders.angkorwat.moaistatues?picture=329755158
http://www.tropicalisland.de/cambodia.html (lots of pics, including large version of map)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:32:57 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
Looks like the actual Angkor Wat to me (as opposed to the other temples in the Siem Reap area, which are also known collectively as Angkor Wat), take a look at this photo:

The other temples have more signs of decay, I'd say.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:37:48 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
*cringes in pain*

:groan: Now that we found them I hope we don't lose them Neobie.

from the blog ..........

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:21:53 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2008, 11:35:07 PM »
Three cheers for puddin! :hearts:

This is a great find--we only lost sight of them for a few days! :happy:

And Angor Wat--how wonderful to get to see this! I feel a Map coming on! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
*cringes in pain*

:groan: Now that we found them I hope we don't lose them Neobie.

from the blog ..........

So this is the fella with the green shirt we see in the shot of the redhead with the red clue.  So she is doing the ROADBLOCK  :yess:and he is cheering her on :tup:  Or is he the  blogger?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:48:55 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

So this is the fella with the green shirt we see in the shot of the redhead with the red clue.  So she is doing the ROADBLOCK  :yess:and he is cheering her on :tup:  Or is he the  blogger?
I think the blue shirt , I see it as blue, is the blogger ="she", lol

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »
And based on her finger pointing, she is either looking for a path, or what I think is more likely counting for her roadblock.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 02:53:16 PM »
From magrett (newbie) at TWoP:

A friend of mine was in Siem Reap, Cambodia a couple of days ago and saw:

"an African American couple down by the dock, and she was holding their backpacks and he was stacking baskets and then they jumped in the back of a waiting truck and off they went. They kept filming them while in the back of the truck, and then they got out and were heading up to a wat I think"
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
Thanks for bringing that over peach, its a small world afterall  :lol:!!