Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666074 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Contestant Spoiling Link
Anita and Arthur not in the final 7 *no photo evidence in leg 2 Fortaleza   :yes:
Anthony and Stephanie     not in the final 7  *photo evidence in Fortaleza leg 2 :yes:
Mark and Bill ~ not in the final 7 *photo evidence in leg 3 :yes:
Marisa and Brooke not in the final 7 * photo evidence in Fortaleza leg 2 :yes:
Aja and Tymost likely out 7th, leg 5 :yes:
Kelly and Christy final 6 :yes: Eliminated
Terence and Sarah ~ final 6:yes: Eliminated
Andrew and Dan ~ final 6 :yes: *Third Place*
Toni and Dallas ~ final 5 New evidence puts Toni and Dallas in Almaty Leg 8 - :yes:  Eliminated
Ken and Tina ~ Should be in at least the final 4 based on eyewitness description and future screencaps:yes: *Second Place*
Nick and Starr ~ Final 3, video & photo evidence :yes: *WINNERS*

*denotes actual leg
*denotes probable connection points only

Episode reference

9/28/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1301) Bees are Much Calmer than All This!
10/5/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1302) Do You Like American Candy?
10/12/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1303) Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?
10/19/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1304) I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?
10/26/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1305)  Do It Like a Madman
11/2/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1306) Please Hold While I Singe My Skull
11/9/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1307) My Nose Is on Fire
11/16/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1308) I’m Like an Angry Cow
11/23/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1309) That Is Studly
11/30/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1310) You're Gonna Get Me Killed
12/7/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1311) You Look Like Peter Pan

Spoiler summary so far:

Neobie starts the ball rolling here:
*Van munster, who personally, scouted every location on the show reveals that the route for Season 13, which will start filmimg in April or May, will be "very original" and "insane".

Kogs brings us a job listing posted by WRP/CBS "A small crew will be needed to start April 7th, the rest of the crew will begin April 21st"

BVM interview, brought to us by sunnyca
With the season 13 debut of CBS’ The Amazing Race looming just around the corner (okay, Sept. 28), exec producer Bertram Van Munster slipped us a few clues about the upcoming globetrot.

• The race takes 23 days, covers nearly 40,000 miles, spans five continents, and features some far-flung locales never before seen on the show, including Angkor Wat, Cambodia and La Paz, Bolivia.

• The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.” A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says. And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”

• As for the challenges, “We’ve really outdone ourselves in the department of outrageousness,”  Van Munster declares. “We have a situation in Bolivia where we have the [contestants] go down a cobblestone hill on very, very primitive bikes, and it’s just the most hilarious thing you’ve ever seen in your life. It’s a truly bone-jarring experience.” (Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow. )

• One familiar thing actually did happen on this race: The producers didn’t predict the winner. Says Van Munster, “We’ve been wrong every time, across the board.”

Press Release

•Starting at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the 13th season of the Emmy-winning reality competition (premiering Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. EDT) will follow the teams as they travel over 30,000 miles in 23 days to countries such as Brazil, Bolivia, Russia, India and Kazakhstan. It's the first time the series visited the landlocked country lampooned by Sacha Baron Cohen in "Borat."

•"We shot most of that episode in the capital," said executive producer Bertram van Munster. "People were a little afraid we were going to pull a 'Borat' on them. I told them we weren't doing 'Borat,' but what happened there is very, very funny. It's not easy to shoot in places like that because they practically have no television industry."

•Van Munster, who is currently scouting locations in Asia for the 14th season, promised the 13th season will include a series of firsts for the reality competition, including a mistake that ultimately prohibited one team from joining their fellow racers at the finish line, as well as a memorable first-ever stop for "The Amazing Race" in Cambodia.

•"The teams have no idea how to get from Point A to Point B there," said van Munster. "They don't know the language. It's very difficult to get through this country. They get so stuck, but they find so many fascinating solutions of how to get through everything. One of the things the teams do there is go to a real-life floating village. It's insane."

USA Today:
This year's 23-day itinerary, revealed in advance for the first time, covers 30,000 miles and has 11 stops in eight countries: Brazil, Bolivia, New Zealand, Cambodia, India, Kazakhstan, Russia and the USA (the race starts in L.A. and finishes in Portland, Ore.). 

Phil interview:
•Q: You're returning for the seventh time to India, which makes it the show's most-visited destination after the USA. What's the appeal?
A: It's my favorite (place for the show). I don't know a more diverse, colorful, dynamic country in the world. There's a sameness and comfort level you get living in a country like America. For people like Nancy and Emily (a first-season mother and daughter team who had a tough time negotiating crowds in New Delhi and Agra), it was like being on another planet.

•Q: You're also going back to your birthplace, New Zealand, the adventure capital of the world, for the third time. What new thrills can we expect to see?
A: New Zealanders are very proud of their indigenous Maori culture, and we were looking to get something of that in the show. We ended up having the teams search for Maori warriors on an extinct volcano (near Auckland), and it was the most magical morning when they arrived: As the sun was rising, there were these warriors doing the haka (a traditional war dance) with a magnificent rainbow over the top of the hill.

•Q. This season's show includes stops in three new countries: Bolivia, Cambodia and Kazakhstan, the former Soviet republic best known as Borat's fictional homeland. Impressions?
A. La Paz, Bolivia, is the most extraordinary city. We fly in (to one of the world's highest airports at 13,000 feet) and climb from there up to this place where the teams have to perform with cholitas, or female wrestlers. And Borat didn't do Kazakhstan any favors with the way he depicted it. I was surprised at the sophistication and their dry sense of humor.

:bar:
LA Coliseum-- Los Angeles, LAX/ Chicago, ORD 4/22/08
peachs brings us a blog entry
dated 4/22/08:
*"This time, as we were waiting for the team to get checked in at the airport, we got a glimpse of what appeared to be some competitors on The Amazing Race.
*I saw a camera crew shooting two blondes wearing hot pink sweatsuits as they quickly walked outside the terminal. Hmmm, don't think we've ever seen THAT kind of team before on the show (says she with heavy sarcasm).
*A few minutes later, we caught a glimpse of two more pairs

peach contacts the writer of the blog and brings us more details:
*She saw the teams on 4/22 at about 11 AM outside the Delta terminal 5. Looking from inside the terminal out, the teams would have been moving to the right.

Chateau d if does some amazing detective work by visiting LAX and gets details:
* The gal said there was one team that was 'hippie' like with long white hair (she demonstrated with her hands at mid chest level). 
*They were an older couple, as in, male and female.  She estimated their ages to be 40's or 50's.  She also mentioned the two girls and another team that was just a regular young couple in their 20's.
*I just point blank asked "Where were they flying to?"  And he said "Brazil.     Sao Paulo, Brazil"
*He also confirmed the Hippie couple.  They are old enough to be originals from the 60's.
*He said there were 5 teams going via UA and 6 teams via AA.
*So there you have it:   11 teams of two.  Off to their first destination in Sao Paulo.

Thanks to Kogs, do we have our first contestant sighting? -- picture credit flickr ChristiaanV

peach contacts ChristiaanV , he kindly shares more details.
*We saw The Hippies, we saw the Blondes in Pink, and we saw what we would describe as two 23-26 year old "Slacker Dudes"
*This guy was with... what we were guessing his mom

Rio De Janeiro International Airport 4/23/08

Some new info here:

*From Cordoba, we were to have a stop over in Porto Alegre another stop in Sao Paulo and then arrive in Salvador in the afternoon. Because of fog, the airport in Porto Alegre was closed, so we had to detour to Rio and from there, fly to Salvador, which was actually much more efficient and convenient.
*At the airport in Rio, we noticed several film crews and people in teams of two, often wearing matching outfits.
*These two girls from Texas (according to their t-shirts anyway) were wearing matching black biker shorts, bright pink tank tops and a ton of make-up. I think the t-shirt was pretty accurate.
*Anyway, we noticed them being interviewed by the film crews, acting out dramatic situations and so-on.
*When it came time to board we talked to some of them and lent one of them our brazil book, although they didn..t give us many details about what they were doing.
*There was a delay in taking off and one team asked if they could move closer to the front.
*As soon as they did, all the other contestants tried to do the same.
*It was kind of annoying becuase I think it delayed our take-off even more. Anyway, at that point, we were pretty confident that if it wasn..t The Amazing Race, it was an amazing race of some sort.

Salvador da Bahía, Brazil 4/24-4/25/08

Shacklebolt @Twop's, Salvador de Bahía, Brazil April 24th? to April 25th? ,more info throughout this thread.

ART And CULTURE Friday, 25 of April of 2008
It records? of Reality Show it explores points tur?icos of the capital Ascom

*The bahian capital is the scene chosen for the writings of reality American show "the Maratona", an international competition where teams cover some countries fulfilling a series of tasks. The program, that counts today on a hearing of more than 50 million people per year, already is being recorded in some of the main tourist points of Salvador.
*In the morning of this thursday (day 24), the competitors of reality show had had that to go down, in the style rappel, the 70 meters of the Lacerda Elevator. To carry through the test, that called the attention who passed for the place, the filming team installed a net to the long one of the elevator.

*Still inside of the actions of the program, new writings are foreseen tomorrow, of this time in the Maritime Terminal of Salvador, in the Commerce.
* Until the moment, already they had served of location for the international production the Square of the Sé, the Inclined Plan Gonçalves, the Order Third of the San Francisco (Historical Center), the Slope of the Carmo and the staircase of the Paço

Fortaleza, Brazil 
4/25,-?/08

Information here thanks to Nivaldo

*It was in Fortaleza City Ceará state Brazil.
*I really liked to participate in the reality show. I knew Phil and his team and I helped him too because it was raining so much.
*I participate as a painter and gave one envelope to each team. You will know that I'm not lying.
*I painted the letters on the wall because the challenge was to read it all in Portuguese and find the key phrase.
*The key phrase was: Cidade Da Crianca (it’s a place in Fortaleza downtown like a big square where the teams need to take a taxi and run to that place to do another challenge, but before they needed to tell me the key and I gave them the envelope.
*I took the picture on April 23rd but they filmed on April 25 in the morning and finished about 2:00pm because I needed to paint it 2 days before and paid me to participate in the filming too.

*I never heard of Amazing Race before and they tried to do everything in secret, but during the filming I dressed in a blue painter uniform with some brushes and the teams arrived in a taxi, took the envelope in a red box, I don’t remember what they called that, and they need to find the painter (me) and one of the couple needed to stay beside me and the other run and read all the phases to find the key, he or she ran to tell me the key. That place is located in Metropolitan area of Fortaleza City in a place called “Iparana” Caucaia city near Forrtaleza the capital of Ceara state.

*A farm called “Parque De Vaquejada A Ze Gerardo”, the place where they do rodeos but, they filmed outside this place, not inside.
*…I recall 10 teams.

Q-Can you recall if the teams were bunched or did they come 1 team at a time?
A-one team at a time, but some teams had hard job to find the key (solving the phrase) and were bunched.

Q-Can you recall which make of team was first? Which make of team was last?
A-I remember the first and the last. The first was an old couple and the last was a brown married couple and they had a hard job to find it, the woman waited beside me and the man was looking for the key. I thought he would give up.

Q-Did the teams have a hard time with the phrase? or did any teams speak Portuguese?
heheh...It was so difficult to understand,,no one spoke Portuguese correct, but I understood...

La Paz, Bolivia 4/28/08
Updates on our life in (La Paz), Bolivia
*ok, fun tidbits now! The day we took possession of our apartment we were crossing the park in front of our building and noticed a lot of people and some really weird all wood bicycles.
*I noticed a lot of the people around them looked like the rich gortex-wearing tourist we see and/or the Discovery Channel crew that worked with us last year.
*Then I noticed it: a yellow signed that said "U-Turn" with a yellow and red flag on it... It was The Amazing Race!!!!! (It's a fun reality show, google it if you don't know what it is) I was sooooooo excited! I was torn between staying there until contestants showed up or going into our apartment. Given Wes' lack of enthusiasm I decided to go back home. But hey, next Amazing Race they will be showing our building and our park!

Update

Hi peach,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, we didn't have any internet access for the last 10 days.
*As for your questions, it's a bit hard to remember (as I'm not as obsessed by details as you guys are!) but we are rather certain we saw the Amazing Race on May 28th in La Paz.
*They were in Plaza Abaroa (sometime called Plaza Avaroa), in the neighborhood of Sopocachi. From our apartment, we also noticed a lot of commotions and big tv lighting in the parc of the Monticulo, near Plaza Espana.
*I am like 80% sure the sign said U-Turn but as soon as I shouted "Oh my god it's the Amazing Race" some of the workers covered the sign. I know it wasn't one of those thing where you can put the picture of another team.
*So just a big yellow sign with the flag beneath it. What else... The bikes were similar to the ones on the picture you sent but less shabby looking. And they were next to wooden head gear with lots of feathers on it. I didn't see any teams. Oh, but also, there were lots of brass bands typical of Bolivia. I'm not sure why they were there. 

BVM: • As for the challenges, “We’ve really outdone ourselves in the department of outrageousness,”  Van Munster declares. “We have a situation in Bolivia where we have the [contestants] go down a cobblestone hill on very, very primitive bikes, and it’s just the most hilarious thing you’ve ever seen in your life.

Phil interview:
•Q. This season's show includes stops in three new countries: Bolivia, Cambodia and Kazakhstan, the former Soviet republic best known as Borat's fictional homeland. Impressions?
A. La Paz, Bolivia, is the most extraordinary city. We fly in (to one of the world's highest airports at 13,000 feet) and climb from there up to this place where the teams have to perform with cholitas, or female wrestlers

Blog:Santa Cruz, Bolivia 4/29/08
Santa Cruz to Buenos Aires
Tuesday 4/29/08 

Now, airports are not on my list of favourite places to be stuck at the best of times, and unfortunately Santa Cruz airport is fairly small - apart from when we saw Phil Keoghan (of Amazing Race fame) waiting for a plane too - now we are wondering if the Amazing Race was in town - that would be cool!

Santiago, Chile 4/30/08

Teams seen in Santiago Airport:
My flight out of Santiago   by Justin Vorel   
*And as a special bonus the several teams from the Amazing Race through the airport while I was there.

More from Jason
*He was in the airport on April 30th.
*He saw teams, each accompanied by a camera and sound guy start arriving in the early evening.
*They all appeared exhausted and after ticketing at different counters, some went for a bite to eat and some just crashed. He emphasized that he didn't know what they had been doing, but all seemed tired and dirty.
*He saw teams arriving in 2 "waves".
*The first prob 5 to 6 teams (some difficulty sorting out camera people from teams) arriving earlier maybe 4-5PM and the second smaller group of 1 or 2-3 arriving an hour or so later.

Re teams:
*He saw 2 girls he called "the sisters" (but could have been friends also) dressed in blue shirts
*2 younger teams --couples he thinks
*One older gray haired maybe 45 yrs man (unclear here whether racer or production)
*He points out that almost all the Int flights leave Santiago in the eve. He thinks most of the teams were going by 7+ or so. His flight left about 8.

Auckland, NZ 5/2-/08 - 5/3/08

apskip's:
*I have BIG NEWS from my brother-in-law Ray who works at the Auckland International Airport as reported by my sister who is a big Amazing Race fan after I asked about May 2:
*I just checked with Ray and he said the Amazing Race team did arrive in Auckland, went into the city for the day and came back to the airport late that evening and departed.  He told me he saw Phil Keogan the kiwi who fronts the show waiting for the competitors.
*This fits perfectly with my theory that teams would do a REST DAY or in this case from 0355 until late evening

apskip's adds:

NEW
New Zealand INFO FROM MY SOURCE

*"Phil Keoghan and team arrived on what I think was the 2 May. I personally saw him only the afternoon/evening of this day
 *However, other staff members report they have seen the team also on this day
*Phil Keoghan flew out in the early hours of the next day (possibly 3rd  of May) - 5am ish.
*Flights leaving that early in the morning are usually just flying to Australia
*Some airport security staff saw the rest of the team fly out in dribs and drabs on the "3rd of May", with the last team around 7pm ish that eveningleaving  ."
*"they left during the course of the day from around 12:30pm onwards - most took Emirates flights (of which there are 3 daily departures each day - all of which go thru Australia. One to Melbourne then Dubai, One to Sydney then Singapore, One to Brisbane, Bangkok. There was still one team here around 7pm waiting to fly out."

mez:
*Hi, this is completely unconfirmed and comes to me third hand but my mother was listening to a talk show on the radio yesterday here in NZ and there was a woman from Tauranga on who said that a reality show had been through there-well, the Tauranga-Mount Maunganui area (in the North Island, not far from Auckland). I asked my mother if the woman had said when and she said no but she got the impression listening that it was in the last month.

selwyn:

*I've spoken to people within the industry who had direct involvement with The Amazing Race in New Zealand.
*They definitely did a leg here, roughly the dates I mention earlier (Apr 30 - May 2) but I think it may have run a day late.
*I am not totally sure where they traveled, but it was out of Auckland south into the North Island (this would fit with Tauranga or Rotorua, or both).
*And I have no idea where they pit-stopped.
*There were as many a 10 local crews on the job, plus the standard travelling crews. This was definitely the CBS Amazing Race, not a localised variant (the Asian version has been here twice in the past).

selwyn adds:

*My informants also tell me that at least one team was quite a way behind at the end of the NZ leg. So it's possible that not all teams land in Cambodia the same time.

Phil interview:
•Q: You're also going back to your birthplace, New Zealand, the adventure capital of the world, for the third time. What new thrills can we expect to see?
A: New Zealanders are very proud of their indigenous Maori culture, and we were looking to get something of that in the show. We ended up having the teams search for Maori warriors on an extinct volcano (near Auckland), and it was the most magical morning when they arrived: As the sun was rising, there were these warriors doing the haka (a traditional war dance) with a magnificent rainbow over the top of the hill.

Siem Reap Town, Cambodia 5/4/08 - 5/5/08

Siem Reap Town, Cambodia 5/4/08

blogs:

An Amazing Race
*Sure, the highlight today should have been the magnificent visit to Angkor Wat, but I'll be the first to admit I was a little obsessed with the filming of a certain, unnamed reality show that airs on Tuesday nights on CBS, that features pairs of people adventuring on a global scavenger hunt. 
*I think you catch my drift. I even got filmed helping one of the contestants find her clue and signed my life away to CBS, or at least signed away any shot of royalities from a brief glimpse of fame! 
*We'll definitely be watching when the new season starts to see if we can spot ourselves in the "travel documentary" that two of the contestants said they were in.

Cambodia's Culinary Delights
May 4, 2008
*........while I made my way to Siem Reap, by boat . Wise choice. The water is low, but we only got snagged a few times, making it here in about six hours. I've really enjoyed boat travel in SE Asia so I was glad to have one more opportunity before leaving this part of the world.

*We also witnessed upon arrival what appeared to be a segment being filmed for Amazing Race.
*Before we could take off from the dock, we had to sit and wait while they filmed some couple with backpacks stacking baskets and then jumping in the back of a truck

More from chrisrae from peach

Message from Chrisrae:
*It was an African American couple. I just uploaded the only pick I have to my blog entry "cambodia's culinary delights." It's the last picture in the series.
*I saw them after arriving near seim reap by boat from battambang, traveling through lake tonle sap. It was about 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday.
*They were at the water's edge. We were kept away but I saw the guy stacking some baskets I've seen them use to transport pigs and she was holding their bags.
*They then jumped in awaiting trucks and were transported with the cameraman and got out near a wat outside of town. I kept onto town so I don't know what happened next.
Hope that helps!

from magratt @Twops:
*A friend of mine was in Siem Reap, Cambodia a couple of days ago and saw:
*"an African American couple down by the dock, and she was holding their backpacks and he was stacking baskets and then they jumped in the back of a waiting truck and off they went. They kept filming them while in the back of the truck, and then they got out and were heading up to a wat I think" 

Donut Diary said...
*Yes ! they are definitely contestants from the Amazing Race Show.
*We were at Tonle Sap Lake and saw route markers (Flags in red and yellow) on 6 boats at the pier.
*There were camera crew but we did not see the contestants. Very exciting !

Blog per Slowhatch They were in Angkor Wat the same time as my group, so if you happen to see that episode, you might see one of the Cambodian guys in my group helping him find the clue (look for people in a bright green t).

Lorna in Cambodia blog

Lorna joins us and shares photos and info:

*We were at Angkor Wat on the 4th May when they were filming the Amazing Race.
*We only saw one team at Angkor for the whole time we were there which was a couple of hours. This team was both male, one with orange hair and the other with brown hair and they were at the clue box at 11.30am.
*We also happened to see all the teams walking around Siem Reap town that evening and I recall seeing 6 teams. I would love to visit your website and I have plenty of photos I will send to your email address
*I was checking the time stamp on my photos from Angkor Wat and from 11.30 - 12.30pm that was the only team that came through. 
*Just for curiosity sake the guy with the orange hair was really nice and managed to exchange a few words.
*Come to think of it there would have been another team there but they were leaving at 11.30. Thats what got my attention in the first place..the camera crew running outside. I couldn't tell you who it was though. But im positive the team i saw was the only one there from 11.30 because the guy with the brown hair was the only person waiting while his team mate was doing the road block.

Flickr boat picture credits to flickrs, James Khoo's
*' Amazing Race Show ' route markers on 6 boats . Only 6 teams left competing in Siem Reap
or were there 7 boats ;)
Slowhatch:
*The blogger said 6, but I count 7 flags there (the flags on each end are almost hidden--compare my arrows below to the original). Doesn't production often hire one extra vehicle/animal/etc. for tasks?

Phil sighting on Flickr by Kilometre 22 . Blog here
Translation thanks to Slowhatch:
*To finish the day we have seen the sunset in the main temple of Angkor Wat and which it has been our surprise that we have found ourselves to the presenter of our favorite program of the TV (Amazing Race). It results that they are preparing the next season of the program from deal about a gymkhana of the world and the winner being carried by that going round a prize of a million dolars! Has been very curious the encounter and we have been able to speak a little with the presenter and the equipment of the program (the very charming and nice people truth). A day with an unexpected end!!!!

Yet another blog:
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.

and yet another blog
more Siem Reap
We didn't manage to take a picture of it but i think we ran into a couple doing the Amazing Race here. We'll have to check out the next season but the couple was being followed by a camera man and they had to find a specific face in the ruins. I did my best to make a cameo between this and Bollywood I am really getting my face out there.

Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand 5/6/08

Per MrsShrek blogger find

*Was just in the Siem Reap, Cambodia airport with the next Amazing Race people.
*When I asked one of the crew, he hesitated and told me it was a documentary.
*Then I looked around and saw 12 crew members, 7 cameras and 9 boom mikes.
*Then two of the contestants who had overheard me talking about going to Nepal earlier, snuck away from everyone to ask me if I was going to India.
 Here's the transcript of that conversation:
Girls: Um, can you do us a favor? So you're going to India?
Me: No, actually Nepal.
Girls: Oh. Is that near India?
Girls: Well, we need to find something in India and thought you might be able to help since you were going near there.
Me: Okkkkkkkkk. But I'm actually going to Nepal.
Girls: Well, we're looking for something really obscure in Delhi.
Anyway, sat in front of all of them on the plane where they were filmed almost the entire time and took pictures on the bus and in the Bangkok airport that I'll post.

More from Jason/jumpingthetracks via peach:

Here's my breakdown of the contestants:
*2 girls, both from Texas, one blond, one brunette.
*A young guy with spikey hair (college age, red shirt, orange packwhite headband in the escalator pic) and his mother.
*A young couple (pic of them from behind on my blog), probably mid-20s.
*Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s.
*2 frat boys.  One was wearing an AEPi shirt from Arizona State dated 2006 and the other was the jew-fro kid with the yellow headband.  He's definitely a racer

*No African American team

More from Jason

* Hey everyone.  Glad I could help with the Bangkok pics and info. 
*As Peach posted, I can definitely identify 5 teams and think there was another but can't be sure.  . 
*Sorry about that.  Actually, I was chatting with a crew member in the customs line when they told me it was a documentary and I asked how many people there are in the "movie" and just threw 10 out there as a number and he said yeah so maybe there are only 5 teams left. 
*I can definitely say that the frat guys are the guys in my second set of pics, one with a yellow headband, one with a yellow hat.  They were doing pullups on the bus ride from the plane. 
*The 2 girls, one blond/reddish hair, one brunette, both from Texas. 
*The couple with their backs to me in the other shot is a team, they had a number on the packs. 
 *Then there's the young guy with the spikey hair and his mother and another M/F who are together but almost positive they're not a couple. 
*That's all I saw in terms of contestants.

*I can definitely say there was no african american team.  There was one african american guy but he was a sound guy.  That's it. 
*What else?  ummmmm, I didn't see any older couple with the group
*We were pretty much waiting in the small Siem Reap airport together for over an hour so I got a pretty good look at everyone that was there. 

some new info here:

On Flight Between Bangkok and India
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 
*On the flight I met the cast and crew of next falls "Amazing Race."
*You give one couple your guidebook after being told that they and the camera crew are filming a travel documentary.
*One cameraman says it' s just a pilot and will probably come out on Discovery Channel.
*But when you go to hand your book to the gentleman and you ask him more about what the specific theme or title of the documentary is, he responds by putting on a cautious and direct face then points at a small black travel bag with orange and yellow stripes down the middle.
*I shrug my shoulders saying, "i don't know what that is." He then discreetly opens the top zipper and pulls out a black and yellow ticket just enough for me to make out the large bold letters that spell "Race" and I got it.
*He shook his head knowingly and we winked at each other and I returned to my seat.
*It all made sense then. And I could easily pick out who the crew were and the various couples.
*Some were partners, some were family, some were friends.
*They all seemed to be slightly frantic and on edge and some of them were trying desperately to exchange dollars for Rupees while still on the flight. A pair of young jewish boys asked me for some and I told them they could just go to an ATM at the airport.
*One replied with, "We won't have enough time." I was shocked by that. Who doesn't have an extra minute for an ATM when vacationing to a foreign country? I knew then something was up

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.
Delhi, India 5/6/08 to 5/?/08

peach :

*And I can't exactly say how I know , but I just got confirmation that the race was definitely in Delhi as we suspected, and also was in Moscow!!

:update:

Thanks to schwarzmoor, production photo evidence here

Phil interview:
•Q: You're returning for the seventh time to India, which makes it the show's most-visited destination after the USA. What's the appeal?
A: It's my favorite (place for the show). I don't know a more diverse, colorful, dynamic country in the world. There's a sameness and comfort level you get living in a country like America. For people like Nancy and Emily (a first-season mother and daughter team who had a tough time negotiating crowds in New Delhi and Agra), it was like being on another planet.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
First brought to us by Mrs Shrek
and thanks to the new promo , found by Boingo and peach. :tup:

Moscow, Russia 5/12?-13/08

I found some info here for WRP Group/ CBS in Russian:

12.05.2008 Sb “ASPECT” insured the civil liability of the American telecommunication companies CBS Of corporation and WRP Of group. The responsibility of companies is insured to the period of conducting the surveys of tv program in the territory of Russia. Limit of the responsibility of insurer - 1[mln] of US dollars

peach follows up with:
*And I can't exactly say how I know , but I just got confirmation that the race was definitely in Delhi as we suspected, and also was in Moscow!!

Thanks to schwarzmoor, production photo evidence here

Pitstop! All-Russia Centre, photo evidence.
Video evidence

BVM: • As for the challenges, Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow.

End City! Portland Oregon USA!!  5/14,/08

info starts here, were still sorting it out.

Amazing Race in Portland?
DASHING FOR DOLLARS:
*Forget next Tuesday’s primary, the real race is already underway.
*Although officials at the Port of Portland cannot confirm rumors, CBS-TV’s The Amazing Race 13 , which pits teams against each other in a race around the world, has touched down in Portland now through Thursday, May 15 . 

Teams may have done tasks at Port of Cascades Locks?
reference here & here.

Team sightings around Portland, compiled  here.

peach gives us the finishline a day before the race ends...
Finish Line! Pittock Mansion

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:14:59 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Real Spoilers Only!*
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »
per spoilers..

April22-LA Memorial Coliseum to Sao Paulo, Brazil (11 teams of 2)
April23-Sao Paulo to Rio De Janeiro International Airport, Brazil
April24-Bahia de Brazil --rappel at Elevador Lacerda 
April25-Bahia de Brazil --Fortaleza, Brazil find key phrase on painted wall
April26-Fortaleza, Brazil --Bolivia
April27-Fortaleza, Brazil --Bolivia
April28-La Paz, Bolivia (U-Turn sighting)
April29-Santa Cruz, Bolivia (Phil airport Sighting airport not a leg)
April30-Santiago, Chile (airport connection)
May1- (IDL)
May2-Auckland, NZ
May3- Auckland, NZ to Cambodia
May4-Siem Reap/Angkor Watt, Cambodia  ( 7 teams?)
May5-Siem Reap, Cambodia
May6-Thailand International Airport-Delhi India---New Delhi, India ( connection/aiport)  (6 teams)
May7- New Delhi, India.....
May8- Old Delhi
May9- Delhi to Kazakhstan
May10- Almaty, Kazakhstan
May11-Moscow, Russia
May12- Moscow, Russia
May13- Moscow, Russia --Frankfurt, Germany(connection only) to USA Portland, Oregon

Neobie map

Thanks to Neobie for the map

Route Map
1. Salvador, Brazil
2. Fortaleza, Brazil
3. La Paz, Bolivia
4. Te Puke, New Zealand
5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
6. New Delhi, India
7. Old Delhi, India
8. Almaty, Kazakhstan
9. Moscow, Russia
10. Moscow, Russia
11. Portland, Oregon

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:50:07 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »
Moved from Lucky Tar 13 Talk!

Are they off??

Maybe...

The great thing about the LA airport is that you never know who or what you'll see. Last time we were there, we saw Maurice Jones-Drew. This time, as we were waiting for the team to get checked in at the airport, we got a glimpse of what appeared to be some competitors on The Amazing Race. I saw a camera crew shooting two blondes wearing hot pink sweatsuits as they quickly walked outside the terminal. Hmmm, don't think we've ever seen THAT kind of team before on the show (says she with heavy sarcasm). A few minutes later, we caught a glimpse of two more pairs. They didn't seem to be rushing too much, so I'm thinking they aren't going to last very long on this show.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/w-gym/stories/042308aac.html

This would be Tuesday 4/22--only 2 days behind our anticipated start.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
I can now say that this sighting appears to be completely reliable.

I have spoken with the author of the above article who is a huge TAR fan herself.

She saw the teams on 4/22 at about 11 AM outside the Delta terminal 5. Looking from inside the terminal out, the teams would have been moving to the right.

They were walking (not running) and were being filmed on the go.

Team makeup:

2 blondes in pink

A youngish male-male

One team unable to be sorted out from production, so make up unclear.

I can also tell you that I have official confirmation of filming.

And --best of all-- more info coming later!! Hang on to your hats!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
LAX:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:44:02 PM »
LAX:

If the teams were seen from inside Terminal 5 walking to the right, they would be headed for Terminal 6 - or 7 - Aeromexico Copa, and United.  They could also be just strolling along killing time after checking in on an International flight in the International terminal.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:49:29 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
From inside to the right would be towards Term 6 and 7 if I am interpreting that map correctly.

But stand by--more coming! :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:01:04 PM »
Thanks to Peach's glorious discovery I decided to go down to LAX and check it out.  Again.  I had spent last Sunday afternoon there (4/20/08) and that was a bust.

But today's trip yields some new information.  I found several staffers who had seen filming yesterday.  One team was at the northmost main entry of Tom Bradley terminal having an interview.  Not rushed.

One team was at the American Airlines terminal being interviewed off in a quiet corner.

One United Employee in the domestic terminal (#6) had heard of TAR filming (she actually said Amazing Race) that happened in the their international terminal (#7). 

Two employees at the United International terminal had seen 3 teams arrive and purchase tickets at the far east end of the counters.  I asked if they had seen colored flags around any where:  "Any little flags stuck on the poles over there?  Like red and..."  And the guy said "Oh yes, Red and Gold"  That's close enough for me!  The gal said there was one team that was 'hippie' like with long white hair (she demonstrated with her hands at mid chest level).  They were an older couple, as in, male and female.  She estimated their ages to be 40's or 50's.  She also mentioned the two girls and another team that was just a regular young couple in their 20's.

No employees at either AA (terminal 4) or Delta (terminal 5) had seen any ticket buying by filmed pairs going at their counters.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:33:03 AM »
Okay--kogs asked me to summarize this:

We have thanks to kogs our first contestant picture :http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15372.0.html

This was taken in Chicago...

kogs has been hard at work looking at possible flights since yesterday and actually came up with this as a possible routing then. :jam:

LAX to:

United
LAX-IAD-AEZ
UAL847 B763 Ministro Pistarini (SAEZ) Tue 10:18PM EDT Wed 12:26PM GMT Wed 02:18AM GMT
American
LAX-ORD-AEZ
AAL961 B763 Ministro Pistarini (SAEZ) Tue 08:52PM CDT Wed 12:31PM GMT Wed 01:52AM GMT

For the airport code dummies like me, this is LAX via Dulles on United to Buenas Aires (flight 847 which departed at 10:18 take off was scheduled for 9:52)

and LAX via Chicago on American  also to Buenas Aires (which departed at 8:52 and take off was scheduled for 8:36)

So we may have our first stop thanks to kogs!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
 :jumpy:  yay!  It begins!  Good job!  I can't believe they are leaving out of LAX again.   I wonder where the starting point in LA was this time?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 06:28:59 PM »
I just took another trip to LAX.  That's three times in 5 days.  Lots to report so bear with me.

I went in the morning.  Or, at least before the general shift change of 1:30 pm.  That way I could hope to speak to more staffers who were on duty for Tuesday mornings activities.  The place was packed. 

I managed to speak to 5 staffers at the United check-in at terminal 7 who did not remember seeing anything.  I did the same thing for American at terminal 4.  With the same non-result.  They were all under pressure from the crowds.

I got the phone numbers for the two other Hudson Bookstores which are behind security lines.  I called the one in United's terminal and the employee had been working Tuesday morning but he did not remember any filming going on.  I called the other one at the American terminal and ...  :jumpy: :jumpy:  Yes!  She did remember that there were camera crews filming people looking at the travel books.  But, unfortunately none of them ever asked her for books on a particular destination.  So she did not know what country they were looking for.

This piece of information has serious implications because anybody there would have had to buy an American Airlines ticket.  You can't get there with a United Ticket.

So, Kogs, you have your answer:  Yes, they did for sure use AA and United.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
Okay, and  there is a little bit more...

I went back to the United ticket counter and waited patiently through the advance purchase line so I could try to ask other employees about Tuesday.  This time I hit pay dirt!   :wohoo:

The guy had been watching me wait forever due to some problem clients ahead of me.  He was apologetic.  He was there on Tuesday.  He saw the filming.  He knew what is was for.  He was wondering if I knew what it was for.  I nodded.  So then I just point blank asked "Where were they flying to?"  And he said "Brazil.     Sao Paulo, Brazil"

He also confirmed the Hippie couple.  They are old enough to be originals from the 60's.

He said there were 5 teams going via UA and 6 teams via AA.

So there you have it:   11 teams of two.  Off to their first destination in Sao Paulo.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 06:52:44 PM »
I don't even know where to begin saying that you rock Chateau!!!!!!! :yess: :jumpy:

I suppose the archives are always a fun place to start :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 06:59:15 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »
 :yess:

GREAT WORK CHATEAU!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »
Every action makes a reaction.
We'll figure it out and make it happen.

Great Job Chateau!  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
TAR Detectives at work!! :wohoo:

Great job Chateau!!

:cheer: :yourock: :cheer:

Okay...who knows some one in Sao Paulo?  :lol: I have a Portuguese translator available in the family if need be...

Yippee!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
I'm not sure if there is anything in this, but the guy that posted the racer picture has now posted this picture that says TAR gate C20.  I believe it is just where he saw the guy because the Buenos Aires flight leaves from gate C11, but maybe there is a clue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vandenheuvel/2441105604/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »
Heee...that means he got my email!

Do we have a departure gate for the Sao Paulo flights??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:45:44 PM »
Interesting...  C20 is in Terminal 1 which, according to the O'Hare map is:  Lufthansa, Ryan International, Ted, United, United Express (check-in and baggage claim).

United flight 843, LAX to Chicago, Chicago to Sao Paolo (change of plane in Chicago but all the same flight number).  On 4/22 scheduled departure of 9:32pm, actual departure 10:18pm.  Don't know what gate it left from on 4/22, but on the 24th - 26th it has been or is scheduled to be out of Gate C15 and Gate C16 and Gate C20.

American flight 963 from DFW to Sao Paolo departed at 8:17pm
American flight 995 from Miami to Sao Paolo departed at 12:10am

My guess is that the American flights would arrive in Sao Paolo first.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 08:10:46 AM by graytex »

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »
a bit late but chateau - you are a star!!!!   :kuss: :kuss: :kuss:

sao paulo again

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
:jumpy: This is an all-star team! Great job!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 02:57:13 AM »
The person who took the photo of our contestant in Chicago very kindly agreed to answer some questions--and as you'll see is also a huge TAR fan! and I hope may be joining us here before too long...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions from my initial email...
Would it be all right if I asked you some questions about exactly what you saw?  Totally

Where were you when you took this? Which terminal? (we think maybe 3??)  Terminal C at O'Hare, at gate 20

Any idea which way he was heading? Towards what part of the airport?  They were trying to get on a flight to Sao Paolo   :yess:

What tipped you off that this was TAR?  It was unmistakable. This guy was with... what we were guessing his mom. And then we saw a camera crew with the Hippies. Hey, if you watch the show as faithfully as we do... it was easy to see.

What time was it? as close as possible. ..  Around 7:45 pm

Who did you see with him--could you tell us anything about his partner--male, female, whatever...  Female partner... most likely mom.

Is the gentleman in the background with him--or not?  no

Did you see any other teams? Any other pictures by chance?  We saw The Hippies, we saw the Blondes in Pink, and we saw what we would describe as two 23-26 year old "Slacker Dudes"

Were you able to speak to them? Any idea of where they are going?  Yes, we talked with them, but they did not confirm or deny that they were TAR contestants and did not give out autograph, citing that they were not allowed to.

And we have shamelessly have "borrowed" your picture  (blush)...  NO problem Glad to help!

------------------------------------------------

:jumpy: :hearts:  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:06:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »
I think the two most likely flights from LAX to Chicago were:

United 114:  Depart 12:04pm arrive 6:07pm
United 116:  Depart 12:55pm arrive 6:55pm

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »
Great work Peach!

It is great to get that independent confirmation of facts.  It rules out the dreaded possibility that someone is making it up just to get rid of you.  There's no better way for it to happen.  I love reproducible results.

I wish your guy took more pictures.

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »
Wow! Brazil again??

Guys, I'm brazilian, but I live in Rio, not São Paulo. Anyway, if there's anything I can do, let me know! Cheers, TAR Detectives!