Author Topic: American Idol fans have you seen "Can You Duet" on CMT?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline fanscape

• RFF Newbie
American Idol fans have you seen "Can You Duet" on CMT?
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
Hi! Lauren with CMT here and I wanted to let you know about our new show called “Can You Duet” which is an American Idol-style show looking for the next great country duo. “Can You Duet” will show on Fridays at 8/7C on CMT. The trailer for the show can be seen at http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2158848/6829997
Thanks for listening and I hope you’ll join us! ~Lauren with CMT

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol fans have you seen "Can You Duet" on CMT?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
Hi! Lauren with CMT here and I wanted to let you know about our new show called “Can You Duet” which is an American Idol-style show looking for the next great country duo. “Can You Duet” will show on Fridays at 8/7C on CMT. The trailer for the show can be seen at http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2158848/6829997
Thanks for listening and I hope you’ll join us! ~Lauren with CMT

Thanks for letting us know Lauren! Sounds interesting! (Darn video isn't playing in Firefox or Netscape though)

Welcome to RFF! 

:welcome2:  :welcome2:  :welcome2:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
I caught a replay of this show last weekend when we were in Houston and watched tonight in its scheduled time slot. It really is a good show, my hubby and I enjoyed it. I wish they would let US vote but the judges choose who goes.

This was the first week on stage with the final 8 pairs. CMT has the episodes online so you can catch up, the episode I  saw last week was a workshop with the final 12, very interesting. Naomi Judd gave each pair advice. Apparently the judges, Naomi, Aimee Mayo and Brett Manning paired the singers to make them stronger, better competitors. (I have to catch up!)

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/can_you_duet/series.jhtml

I see that this episode will replay tomorrow night at 6PM EDT. (Probably at other times as well I didn't check.)  :tup:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Hey, TL, don't worry if you don't catch it. CMT plays reruns of their reality shows to death.  They'll play ALL the previous episodes leading up to the new episode every week so by the end, you can just watch on the last day and see a marathon of the whole season at once.  That's how I ended up watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Squad and Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search this season.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »
Hey, TL, don't worry if you don't catch it. CMT plays reruns of their reality shows to death.  They'll play ALL the previous episodes leading up to the new episode every week so by the end, you can just watch on the last day and see a marathon of the whole season at once.  That's how I ended up watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Squad and Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search this season.

Thanks vanillalatte. LOL! I did watch the Cowboy Cheerleaders last year as the series was shown. (I also tried to see if I could recognize any on the field.)  :angel:

Actually, I'd rather watch them all one day, instant gratification from the beginning to the winner. (Or winners.)  :lol:

I guess I'm a reality show junkie, there can be no denying it.   :angel:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »

Yeah, I just admitted publicly to watching DCC and Coyote Ugly!  I also watch ANTM marathons on MTV and VH1 ALL the time!  Is there a 12 step program for us?????   :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »

Yeah, I just admitted publicly to watching DCC and Coyote Ugly!  I also watch ANTM marathons on MTV and VH1 ALL the time!  Is there a 12 step program for us?????   :funny:

Oh my... a fellow junkie!  :hugs: I watch the ANTM marathons as well! So satisfying, beginning to end all one day. (Not so interesting for my hubby but he can retreat to his computer room...)  :angel:

I am so happy, my favorites for the best duet team won!! Will and Caitlin!!

On the season finale of Can You Duet on CMT, the judges revealed that the winning duo was Caitlin Lynn and Will Snyder. Caitlin Lynn is a twenty-two year old from Glen Burnie, Maryland, and Will Snyder is a twenty-two year old from London, Kentucky.

While many of the duos competing in Can You Duet knew each other before the competition, Caitlin and Will were complete strangers. Caitlin originally auditioned with her best friend and her band partner in the duo Eighty1 South. Will originally auditioned with his cousin. After Caitlin’s best friend and Will’s cousin were cut during the auditions, judges Naomi Judd, Brett Manning, and Aimee Mayo paired Caitlin and Will together. [/quote]

courtesy of: http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008/06/14/can-you-duet-winners-are-caitlin-lynn-and-will-snyder/