The Amazing Race 25 > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist- locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!

<< < (415/438) > >>

Zack.:
ANOTHER THEME ROUTE AREN'T YOU EXCITED?

:zz:

Anyway:

START: Miami, Florida
(it would appear that I'm laying things on a bit thick, no?)

LEG 1: to Belo Horizonte, Brazil to Ouro Preto, Brazil
(and the answer is no lol. Belo is, I do believe, the last 'major' city in Brazil to not get a leg so while I would've rather had a leg in say, Curitiba, I think there's enough to do in an introductory leg. No mountain though [I had initially had this as Rio and had the Pit Stop at Sugarloaf but things changed :(])

LEG 2: to Buenos Aires, Argentina to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
(firstly, all of like 5 people watched TARLA 3 so I feel fine with appropriating this routing. more importantly, tasks involving tango dancing and textile making and non-flight related international trips, because those are always fun)

LEG 3: to Maputo, Mozambique to Inhambane, Mozambique
(the forced stop in Maputo is mainly for logistic purposes, given that the last time TAR spent a decent amount of time flying around southern Africa all hell broke loose  :res: That said, Detour in Maputo, charter flights to Inhambane, and a reasonably difficult RB in Inhambane before the Pit Stop)

LEG 4: to Luanda, Angola
(I think everyone here has had a leg in Luanda at some point *shrugs*)

LEG 5: to Pico Island, Azores
(BAM, mountain and completely random destination to boot <3)

LEG 6: to Porto, Portugal
(thus continuing the motif of 'visiting great Empires' second cities)

LEG 7: to Muscat, Oman
(seriously, camels make everything better)

LEG 8: to Kochi, India
(so do elephants and ridiculously complex dance routines)

LEG 9: to Panjim, Goa, India via Vasco da Gama, India
(India was kind of a big deal to the Portuguese so here we are.)

LEG 10: to Malacca, Malaysia
(maybe we'll get a good Malaysia leg for a change?)

LEG 11: to Nagasaki, Japan
(maybe we'll get a good Japan leg for a change?)

FINISH: Boston, MA
(beer, Red Sox, learning, memorizing, Freedom Trailing, and someone winning a large sum of money aboard a giant ship <3)

Boingo:
 :knuckles:  I think the TAR24 "locations team" fell short on scouting the Wales/Liverpool leg.  Instead of briefly dashing through Wales, "throwing shoes" and "killing clay pigeons", they could have visited one of the most popular tourist locations in Wales, namely Portmeirion.

Yes, Portmeirion, which contains "The Village", where they filmed the British TV series "The Prisoner".

views of "The Village" at Portmeirion - part 1
views of "The Village" at Portmeirion - part 2    :snicker:

Oh well. better luck next time.   :groan:

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: Boingo on May 08, 2014, 08:15:58 PM --- :knuckles:  I think the TAR24 "locations team" fell short on scouting the Wales/Liverpool leg.  Instead of briefly dashing through Wales, "throwing shoes" and "killing clay pigeons", they could have visited one of the most popular tourist locations in Wales, namely Portmeirion.

Yes, Portmeirion, which contains "The Village", where they filmed the British TV series "The Prisoner".

views of "The Village" at Portmeirion - part 1
views of "The Village" at Portmeirion - part 2    :snicker:

Oh well. better luck next time.   :groan:

--- End quote ---
OMG!!! That would've been amazing. It's a stunning place.  Maybe even a trippy Prisoner-inspired task. 

Speaking of The Prisoner, how awesome would it have been if the TAR24 teams had gotten gobbled up by Rover.  :snicker:

TAR456:
My wish to make title quotes IF I was a racer in one of TAR seasons: By Ray AKA TAR456
"It's So Funny So It Could Even Made Title Quote"
"It's Chance To Bribe the Racers!"
“I Don’t Even Bother To Cheat The Race”
“Trading On Race Is Not Like What You Imagine”
“Surfing On Reality Show Is Not Allowed By Rules?”
“Remove That Car And Put That Car in A Big Toilet!”
“Dominate the Race for One Million Dollars!”
"Talk Like An Egyptian Then Urinate On Bag!"
"It's Nothing To Talk About The Amazing Race!"
"What That Functions For That Task?"
"Who's That Killed The Water With Heater?"
"Good Doing Trading With Your Stupid Quotes"

Alenaveda:
Talking about Las Vegas... The city is the main enviroment for one of the longest running prime-time shows of CBS - C.S.I. -; and although most of the recording is made at Universal City and Santa Clarita, woulldn't be great having a CSI themed task on the final?

Just a wish...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version