The Canary Islands please and/or Cape Verde Islands
CAPE VERDE LEGS:
(and yes, they are from a race I made)
LEG 9 (Germany → Cape Verde)
- Nuremberg (Nuremberg Int’l) to Praia, Cape Verde (Nelson Mandela Int’l)
- Praia (Porto Praia) (Detour)
- Praia (Albuquerque Square) (Roadblock)
- Praia (Municipal Palace) (Pit Stop)
• Detour- (HMS or SOS) HMS- teams had to search the Port for a replica of the HMS Beagle, which they had to search for Darwin’s journal, which contained their next clue. SOS- teams had to jump off a platform into the Atlantic Ocean and swim to a nearby shipwreck. They then had to load five passengers onto a small nearby raft and paddle to shore, where a passenger would give them their next clue.
• After the Detour, teams had to transport a 500-pound cannon through the cobblestone streets to the Albuquerque Square, where they would exchange the cannon for their next clue.
• Roadblock- One team member had to press enough sugarcane to collect 5 gallons of sugarcane juice.
LEG 10 (Cape Verde)
- Praia (Nelson Mandela Int’l - Charters Terminal) to Sal Island (Amílcar Cabral Int’l)
- Pedra de Lume (Salt Flats) (Detour)
- Pedra de Lume (Pedra de Lume Crater) (Double U-Turn)
- Pedra de Lume (Calhetinha Bay) (Speed Bump) (Roadblock)
- Pedra de Lume (Marked Parking Lot)
- Monte Grande (Pit Stop) (Elimination)
• At the Charters Terminal, teams had to sign up for one of five helicopters to Sal Island, departing five minutes apart.
• Detour- (Rock or Roll) Rock- teams had to use hammers and chisels to crack open salt rocks to find a race-colored hammer. Teams could then use the hammer to crack open one of the five red-colored rocks, which contained their next clue. Roll- teams had to load baskets with salt. Once they had collected 10 baskets, each with 4 pounds of salt they could load them in a cart and roll them downhill to a worker, who would give them their next clue.
• Speed Bump- One team had to attach a sail to small boat. Once they completely attached the sail, they could continue racing.
• Roadblock- One team member had to swim out to a marked buoy, where they would dive down to get a keychain. They would then return to shore, where they would dig in one of five dig sites to unearth a chest. They would use their keys to unlock the chest, which contained their next clue and another keychain.
• At the Parking Lot, teams had to use the keys they obtained from the chest to drive two ATVs. They had to ride these ATVs to the Pit Stop, Monte Grande.