Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 85055 times)

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2017, 03:03:26 AM »
Ehhh...I doubt this will end up joining the "classic" 7 continents. Antarctica isn't really a continent after all, but a fractured archipelago covered by ice.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • bye
« Reply #501 on: February 17, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
Whaaaaaaaaat, this sounds so bizarre :funny:
It will take some time before people actually start applying this knowledge in their day-to-day lives. Or maybe the theory will still get debunked.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Just finished up TAR24 and I remembered the only other thing I didn't like about the season.

That David Copperfield Roadblock...

Was on vacation for the past week, so only getting back round to continuing 24 now.  Binged Legs 4 - 9 today, and it really does make for much better viewing whilst being binged.  My perception so far has been pretty positive.  :escape  .... And I despised this Season before I started re-watching it. :iok

All I remember people complaining about was Dave whining, all the Cancer talk, and the Accidental Alliance.  But after Leg 9, there's still been no talk of Cancer, and Dave's whining, though annoying, really isn't as bad as I remembered.  So all in all, I've been pretty happy.   :peek

There are still loads of things I don't like though - So many tasks involving sound, which would've had a great impact on Luke & Margie had they got further.  Teams helping out EVERY other team.  :groan:  Like GB said previously in the thread, 2 Legs in the same country FOUR times in a row!  AND THE RB COUNT!!!  :gaah:  - Did they ever address that?  I don't recall?  ???
Wishlist Cast for Next Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli (S25), Misti & Jim (S25), Mike & Rochelle (S26), Hayley & Blair (S26), Ernest & Jin (S27), Cindy & Rick (S27), Tiffany & Krista (S27)

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »
Yes. Because it would have been impossible for Luke to do the Roadblock in Wales, for this season only they said that no-one could do more than six Roadblocks before the 11th leg, instead of before the 12th leg. That way, Luke wouldn't have been stuck with the pronunciation task.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #504 on: February 19, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »
Yes. Because it would have been impossible for Luke to do the Roadblock in Wales, for this season only they said that no-one could do more than six Roadblocks before the 11th leg, instead of before the 12th leg. That way, Luke wouldn't have been stuck with the pronunciation task.

That actually makes so much sense.  :o  Then I have absolutely no problem with Connor having done more RB's then Dave now.  :lol:

Finished the Season there, and as much of the minority I'm gonna be in, I really enjoyed it.  Sure it has a lot of things wrong with it, but overall, I wouldn't class it any lower than some other Seasons I can think off.  It's still the worst of the 3 returnee Seasons, but as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  :hide:
Bring on S29!  :cheer:
Wishlist Cast for Next Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli (S25), Misti & Jim (S25), Mike & Rochelle (S26), Hayley & Blair (S26), Ernest & Jin (S27), Cindy & Rick (S27), Tiffany & Krista (S27)

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #505 on: February 20, 2017, 04:15:28 AM »

Oh and how on earth was he going to do the final two roadblocks either. If I remember correctly, in Season 14, he couldn't do the second roadblock because of need to understand "visual cues" from the instructors.

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #506 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:46 AM »

Oh and how on earth was he going to do the final two roadblocks either. If I remember correctly, in Season 14, he couldn't do the second roadblock because of need to understand "visual cues" from the instructors.

What? Nothing would have stopped him from doing the last two Roadblocks...?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #507 on: February 21, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »

What? Nothing would have stopped him from doing the last two Roadblocks...?

My bad it was the second roadblock. The second roadblock was a tandem jump, and if I remember correctly, there was a similar challenge in Season 14 (the second roadblock, tandem hang-gliding) which he couldn't do because he was deaf and he needed to hear the safety clues from the instructor.

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #508 on: February 21, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »
I think there's a difference between hang-gliding and skydiving. When you're tandem skydiving, there's not a lot you have to do, but you gotta run and jump and be careful when tandem hang-gliding.