Author Topic: 'Big Brother,' 'Amazing Race' Return in July  (Read 4071 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
'Big Brother,' 'Amazing Race' Return in July
« on: April 02, 2004, 10:44:53 PM »
'Big Brother,' 'Amazing Race' Return in July
(Friday, April 02 12:03 PM)

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|87237|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - CBS is pairing up its summer reality-show franchises this year, creating an unscripted block with "Big Brother 5" and "The Amazing Race 5."
The two shows will premiere with 90-minute episodes on Tuesday, July 6. "Big Brother 5" will open the night at 8 p.m. ET, with "The Amazing Race" beginning its fifth global journey at 9:30. The following week, they'll move to their regular time periods, "Big Brother" at 9 p.m. and "Race" at 10.

"Big Brother" will stick to the three-times-a-week schedule that has served CBS well the past four summers. Episodes will also air at 8 p.m. Thursdays -- in which a player will be evicted from the house -- and 9 p.m. Saturdays.

Although there are likely to be twists along the way, both series will adhere to their tried-and-true formats. The winner of "Big Brother" will pocket $500,000, while "The Amazing Race's" victorious two-person team will split $1 million. "Race" has 11 teams this time around, one fewer than in past editions of the show.
CBS also says it will debut the Mike Fleiss-produced series "The Will" sometime during the summer. A premiere date for the show, in which a wealthy head of a family gives part of the family's assets to one of his or her heirs, hasn't been set.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: 'Big Brother,' 'Amazing Race' Return in July
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 08:56:15 PM »
Here are some new twists to expect during this season of TAR:

- During non-elimination weeks, the team that finishes last will be stripped of all their money -- and not be given any coin at the start of the next leg of the race.

- There'll also be a new "yield" component to the game that will let each team slow down someone who's lagging behind them in the race. The "yield" can only be used once by each team.

Should make it interesting.

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 'Big Brother,' 'Amazing Race' Return in July
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:51:12 AM »
 :( :(...I don't like that there messing with TAR..I love it just the way that it is.. :(
Hey..do you think that Allison will be the new Flo?? I know that a lot of people didn't like Allison..but, I'm a fan of hers.. :D Heck..I even liked Flo..I found her amusing.. ;D

( I guess that I'm weird  :P)