Author Topic: CBS orders more 'Survivor'  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CBS orders more 'Survivor'
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
CBS and Mark Burnett Prods. have pacted on a deal that will keep "Survivor" on the Eye through at least spring 2009.
Eye has greenlit two more cycles of the reality warhorse. Deal will take the show through its 18th edition.

In addition, "Survivor" host Jeff Probst has inked a deal to continue as host.

CBS reality supremo Ghen Maynard credited the "creativity and passion" of Burnett and Probst, along with the show's production team, for its longevity.

" 'Survivor' is a show that defies ratings gravity," Maynard said. "It is truly remarkable feat to be winning your time period in all ratings categories after 15 editions."

While "Survivor" has suffered ratings erosion in recent years, skein's most recent edition still won its 8 p.m. Thursday time period in viewers and all key demos, despite fierce competition. Skein averaged 15.2 million viewers and earned a 5.1/14 among adults 18-49, according to Nielsen.

The 16th edition of "Survivor," featuring a battle between fans of the show and past stars, premieres Feb. 7. It will square off against another Burnett-produced hit, Fox's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"

Casting has already begun for the 17th cycle of "Survivor," which helped launch the current reality bonanza in 2000.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: CBS orders more 'Survivor'
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Well thats good news, keep all your realitytv shows coming CBS  :jam:
............and thanks Kogs.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:50:11 AM »
That's good to hear! :tup:  yeah!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:52 AM »
 :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »
press release~

CBS ORDERS TWO MORE EDITIONS OF "SURVIVOR" FOR BROADCAST DURING THE 2008-2009 SEASON
 Jeff Probst Signs New Agreement to Continue as Host

Casting for "Survivor 17" Is Underway

CBS has ordered two more editions of SURVIVOR to be broadcast during the 2008-2009 season.  These will mark the 17th and 18th editions of television's longest-running hit reality competition series.

Additionally, Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to continue as host of SURVIVOR.  Probst has hosted SURVIVOR since its inception.

"I am looking forward to many more seasons of SURVIVOR," said Mark Burnett, SURVIVOR's executive producer.  "It has become an expected treat every Thursday at 8:00 PM, and I am glad our loyal fans can continue their appointment television with us."

"This kind of longevity is achievable only with loyal viewers. We've been very lucky that our fans have stayed with us," said host Jeff Probst. "I still get excited to get on the plane and travel to another exotic location with another group of adventure seeking, Type A personalities.  It is without question the best job I've ever had."

"SURVIVOR is a show that defies ratings gravity," said Ghen Maynard, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming & Entertainment Content for New Media, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group.  "It is truly remarkable feat to be winning your time period in all ratings categories after 15 editions.  The show's success is testimony to the creativity and passion of Mark, Jeff and the entire production team; and to a brilliant concept that continually introduces new casts and settings, making each season feel like a new series."

This fall, SURVIVOR: CHINA, the franchise's 15th edition, continued its ratings dominance, winning its Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period in viewers and key demographics every week against its toughest competition in several years, including critical favorites "Ugly Betty," "My Name is Earl" and "30 Rock." 

SURVIVOR:  CHINA (9.0/14, 15.18 million viewers) averaged 5.1/14 in adults 18-49 and 6.2/15 in adults 25-54.

The groundbreaking reality series, which premiered in May 2000, has anchored CBS's winning Thursday lineup since February 2001. 

The 16th edition, SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA, premieres on Thursday, Feb. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

Casting for SURVIVOR 17 is currently underway via online applications at cbs.com and open casting calls in select cities.

SURVIVOR is produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett is executive producer.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
I'm really happy Jeff is gonna keep hosting!  :wohoo:
I can't imagine anyone else doing it, nooo way!!

Offline twiztid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:33:04 AM »
I'm really happy Jeff is gonna keep hosting!  :wohoo:
I can't imagine anyone else doing it, nooo way!!

Me neither!!   To me Survivor = JP   Anybody else would be like Drew Carey replacing Bob Barker. 

Offline nj_diver

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Newbie
  • Ready to go catch some lobsters!
    • NJ Scuba Divers Message Board
Deadline for applications for Survivor 17 has passed:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »
Forms along with the video submission (for Survivor 17) just be received at the SURVIVOR mailbox no later than Thursday, Jan. 24th, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

This is directly from the Eligibility Requirements page of the application which I have in my possession.  I did not make the deadline due to work constraints.

What I would like a.s.a.p. is the application for Survivor 18 so that I can get started on it NOW.  Is it available yet, does anyone know?