Author Topic: Episode #13: Which team will win The Amazing Race Asia 2 & $100,000? (Spoilers)  (Read 17234 times)

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
Bonus Questions:
1. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2?
2. Which is their final destination?
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish.
4. Which team do you want to win?
5. Will there be a bunching in airports?
6. Which continent is the final destination be in?
7. Who will be the runner-ups?
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups?
9. Who will be the third placers?

Team Rankings
First Place: Marc and Rovilson
Second Place: Adrian and Collin
Third Place: Vanessa and Pamela
Eliminated: Ann and Diane

Route:
Hungary --> Cape Town, South Africa

Detour:
In: Teams who do this must prepare 100 kg of vegetables/fruits and feed it to the elephant for their next clue.
Out: Teams must clean a spot with elephant dung using a shovel and a wheelbarrow for the next clue.

Roadblock:
The team member who does this must complete 3 laps in a period of 7 minutes and 30 seconds using a vehicle. If this team member fails to do it in the required time, they will incur a 5 minute penalty and restart again.

Additional Tasks:
Teams must do charity work and paint a specified spot of a house to receive their clue.

Offline bumbl3b33

• RFF Newbie
I am just SO happy Pamela & Vanessa are in the final 3!  :jumpy:

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
Nice results tonight! Love the fact that M/R retrieved their throne again, and that they will compete with A/C and P/V next week!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Oh NOO  :'( , I loved the Mums but someone had to go, sigh.
So Africa it is!  :yess:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's the season finale promo and again, no spoilers.

Just here to visit.

Offline DarkAvatar

• RFF Newbie
The Sony Commercial Theory was proven right. :yess:

The Final three teams were the ones chosen by Sony to be in their Sony HD commercials.

Pamela and Rovilson in the 1st one.
Adrian and Colin in the second.

:jumpy:

Sony Winner Theory.

Mark and Rovilson will win.
and Mark will star in the final Sony commercial.
Vanessa will sit on the couch.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
I was quite sad to see them go. I liked all four teams (maybe not M/R)

My Sony Commercial Theory #1:

Rovilson and Vanessa are the first persons to be in a Sony commercial. However, Vanessa appeared first before Rovilson so...

Adrian and Collin were the last team to be in a Sony commercial. So my theory is that...

Grand Winner: Vanessa and Pamela
Runner-Ups: Marc and Rovilson
Third Placers: Adrian and Collin

Pamela and Vanessa CAN beat the boys. They just have to work on directions. I'm so glad they got in and hope they win!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Bonus Questions:
1. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2? - Adrian & Collin
2. Which is their final destination? - Singapore
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish.  - Nope
4. Which team do you want to win? - Adrian & Collin
5. Will there be a bunching in airports? - Yes
6. Which continent is the final destination be in? - Asia
7. Who will be the runner-ups? - Marc and Rovilson
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups? - Yes
9. Who will be the third placers? - Pamela & Vanessa

I have nothing against the other 2 teams now and I actually don't mind who wins from now on. It was sad seeing Ann & Diane(especially Ann) getting eliminated.
Rovilson was actually pretty funny this episode..the one about the cheetahs being well-fed and vegetarians..and about elephants eating too much. He may be irritating at times but can be funny at times.
Vanessa seemed to have a great episode...She seemed more calm and smiley and looked like she enjoyed Africa. Im sure their sisterly bond is stronger than ever. Pamela was also funny about the "marry me" comment.
Adrian seems to express himself more, especially since he liked animals and was in his element.
Ann & Diane feeling for the kids. Nice parting shot of them from the race.

Generally, it is pretty obvious the teams like South Africa. It was a good choice to go Cape Town because J'burg(the capital) is half as nice.

About the adverts, Im not reading too much into it so I don't really care even though I hope it means that Adrian & Collin wins.

Looking forward to a great ending for this and hopefully a deserving winner.  :tup:

nikita

Yes people are reading too much into the commercial theory.  :groan:

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
I was quite sad to see them go. I liked all four teams (maybe not M/R)

My Sony Commercial Theory #1:

Rovilson and Vanessa are the first persons to be in a Sony commercial. However, Vanessa appeared first before Rovilson so...

Adrian and Collin were the last team to be in a Sony commercial. So my theory is that...

Grand Winner: Vanessa and Pamela
Runner-Ups: Marc and Rovilson
Third Placers: Adrian and Collin

Pamela and Vanessa CAN beat the boys. They just have to work on directions. I'm so glad they got in and hope they win!

At this point, IMHO, anyone can win. It's now just a matter of luck and skill. And yes, everyone is looking too much on the Commercial Theory. P/N had a commercial too, but it's obvious they didn't even make it to the final 4 (but then again, it's a commercial by a minor sponsor from Thailand).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2? I expect it will be Adrian and Collin.
2. Which is their final destination? I think Thailand.
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish. No
4. Which team do you want to win? I would love to see Pamela and Vanessa put one leg together without mistakes and win it.
5. Will there be a bunching in airports? Is the Pope Catholic?
6. Which continent is the final destination be in? Asia. What is the title of this show(although Amazing Race Brazil did surprise me by finishing in Chile)?
7. Who will be the runner-ups? Marc and Rovilson
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups? I assume you mean too far back and I don't think so.
9. Who will be the third placers? Only Pamela and Vanessa are left. Were you expecting a Survivor-type revival?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I haven't written a recap in ages because I was so disillusioned with the season, but expect a recap coming up in the next day or so.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
1. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2? Collin and Adrian
2. Which is their final destination? Thailand
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish? No
4. Which team do you want to win? Pamela and Vanessa
5. Will there be a bunching in airports? Yes
6. Which continent is the final destination be in? Asia
7. Who will be the runner-ups? Rovilson and Marc
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups? Yes
9. Who will be the third placers? Vanessa and Pamela

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I haven't written a recap in ages because I was so disillusioned with the season, but expect a recap coming up in the next day or so.

Its ok man, the seasons gonna end so mabye you can just do it for one last time after the finale...Adrian & Collin winning the 2 legs certainly was a nice change.  :js:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I'd been missing them. Gone to your site a couple of times to check for them...

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
You can always go to the TARA2 site for recaps.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
You can always go to the TARA2 site for recaps.
:tup:

I like TARASIA's simply for the tongue in cheek factor. They make me laugh.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2? Colin and Adrian
2. Which is their final destination? Singapore - it started there so I think it will end there
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish? No - it will be a taxi race
4. Which team do you want to win? Colin and Adrian
5. Will there be a bunching in airports? Of course
7. Who will be the runner-ups? Pamela and Vanessa
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups? No
9. Who will be the third placers? Marc/Rovilson - they "die" by their taxi cab...following up on their quote from the first episode about living and dying by your taxi cab and therefore the season comes full circle. 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I beg of you guys in Asia to really not post until Saturday morning US Time (Sat. around noon in Asia) because I really don't want to be spoiled for the finale. Even though I have the last episode, I haven't seen it yet because I know what happens due to the posts here. Not mad about it or blaming you guys, it's just my disillusionment with this season. But I do make this one request so I can watch it. Thanks.
Just here to visit.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1. Who will win The Amazing Race Asia 2? Adrian/Collin
2. Which is their final destination? Thailand, in either Bangkok or near Krabi/Phuket
3. Will it be a foot race to the finish. No
4. Which team do you want to win? Adrian/Collin
5. Will there be a bunching in airports? Yes
7. Who will be the runner-ups? Marc/Rovilson
8. Will the third team be too far on the first placers and runner-ups? Nope - I expect them to be 20 minutes to a half-hour behind
9. Who will be the third placers? Pam/Vanessa

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
I beg of you guys in Asia to really not post until Saturday morning US Time (Sat. around noon in Asia) because I really don't want to be spoiled for the finale. Even though I have the last episode, I haven't seen it yet because I know what happens due to the posts here. Not mad about it or blaming you guys, it's just my disillusionment with this season. But I do make this one request so I can watch it. Thanks.

Okay! Maybe jonnal will post it on Sat. Happy Advanced Valentines Day!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I beg of you guys in Asia to really not post until Saturday morning US Time (Sat. around noon in Asia) because I really don't want to be spoiled for the finale.

Ken, has your time zone calculator gone beserk?  Asia where the posts come from is 11 to 12 hours ahead of the U.S. East Coast where you, I, puddin, Peach and several other serious ARA2 fans are. That means that keeping clear until about noon Saturday East Coast time means not putting anything up until about MIDNIGHT Sunday in Asia, not Saturday noon as indicated above.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
12 a.m Saturday US East Coast time is 12 hours behind Asia which would mean noon on Saturday in Asia. That's what I'm talking about, ap.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ken, think about that one again and please look at the time zones. I have a sister in NewZealand and a daughter in Australia. They are slightly ahead of Asia. Depending on the time of year due to differing daylight savings, when it is about 5am the following day in New Zealand it is noon here on the East Coast. It is about 2 hours earlier for Australia and a few hours earlier than for the mainland of Asia except for India and western Asia. That puts it at midnight for that part of mainland Asia I am talking about.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:59:34 AM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've posted an explanation in another thread, ap. Please take a look. I'm not getting into this further.
Just here to visit.