Author Topic: Ep11 Finale Commentary  (Read 59002 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep11 Finale Commentary
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
ron and christina were a really good team -- they kicked ass for most of this leg, and it all came down to luck -- but rachel was smart, she stayed calm, and she deserved it -- nick and christina panicked a little to much.
Really how did luck really factor into it.  Obviously I haven't watched it yet.

Clearly Ron & CHristina did well today.  But they appeared to lose time with Christina climbing (certainly not luck), and then at the final task (which I haven't seen), but from what I have heard, where was the luck factor in that?

I mean I wouldn't call Nic not getting the bag luck (even bad luck) just not following the clue.

Now any transportation that they don't have control over, I find is luck, or a needle in a hay stack type task can very much be luck.

Offline scoobykim9

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
I totally didnt get to see it. My stupid dvr didnt record it!!! Can anyone send me a link on where i could possibly watch the finale? thanks

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »
I decided to see as best I can how the need to return to 6th Avenue Outfitters impacted Donald and Nicholas. In the show it appears that this was a significant impact that may have cost them the race. I found the address for 6th Avenue Outfitters(520 W. 6th Ave., Anchorage) and approximated address along the north and south sides of Ship Creek near its end. The results are that the maximum would have been approximately 1 mile and maybe 3 minutes. This was a fairly minor penalty. It appeared that they lost by a whole lot more than 3 mintues.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »
They need to improve the music in the next season -- they never play the "run to the finish line" music anymore :(

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Great finale!  Alaska looked awesome and damn the tasks were rough and they had a lot to do.   I'm glad it wasn't just your standard task, Detour, Roadblock and then the finish line. 

Having said all that I'm a little dissapointed in the winners.  TK/Rachel were awesome all through the race and I liked how they always stayed positive and stayed relatively calm.  They do deserve the win for all that but their win is just ho-hum to me.....just another young strong couple who wins again.  Since season 1 I have always wanted a parent/child or grandparent hybrid team to win.  I would be ecstatic right now had either Ron/Christina or Nick/Don won but now it's just a feeling of the "same old, same old".  For once I wanted an absolutely different outcome than what we have ever seen but instead we got the same thing.  Oh well.....

Congrats to all 3 teams though. These are my favorite final 3  in quite awhile.  A big congrats to Don for being the oldest racer to reach the final 3!   :yess:    Overall I think this was a pretty darn good season.

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2008, 12:22:34 AM »
I agree...I was hoping that Ron/Chris would win.  I'm not disappointed that TK/Rachel won, but I just wished it was something different for once.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."