Author Topic: The Mole is back  (Read 52959 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: The Mole is back
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »
Thanks for the link, s1!  I dig the new logo.
Yeah s1, thanks!  And I REALLY dig the new logo!  I'd love to have shirt or jacket with the logo on it and will be looking for one!  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:25:37 PM by RudyRules »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
At long last :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

And no timelines to worry about :yess:

I wonder where in the world they will locate the action? Somewhere in Europe again?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
Oh, that's awesome. I didn't see this versions yet, because I'm from Holland. But I do have all the shows in English and Dutch language on DVD. Yeah, in Holland they are crazy about The Mole (we just began in the eight season). I've seen all eight from Holland, the second from Belgium and I still have to watch all those Australian, English and American versions. But... It's nice to see you guys are picking it up again too. :js:
:hello2: Celeone!  :welcome:
Thank you for sharing with us!  :tup: I had no idea The Mole was airing in Holland & Belgium...and didn't know about Australia until recently.  Cool that it has been successful in those countries, and hopefully, it will become popular in the US again.  :yess:

Offline BeaFly

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
Wow, I join the Forum and learn this! Yay, it's finally back. Can't wait.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »
Welcome BeaFly and Celeone!  Great to have you here during this awesome moment in reality TV!

Anyways, I hope they go back to Europe.  Where else would they go?  I hope they spend some time in France, England, and Germany in season 3!

I'd love to have shirt or jacket with the logo on it and will be looking for one!

I'd buy one too!  Oh I hope ABC.com opens an online store.

Offline Celeone

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »
Thanks all!

@ RudyRules: Belgium is the country that started with the show. Holland picked it up very quickly and we had The Mole ever since (they only skipped one year I think).

I hope they go to Amsterdam! I study there, it would be cool to suddenly see some Mole-members. :angel:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2008, 02:16:09 AM »
Thanks all!

@ RudyRules: Belgium is the country that started with the show. Holland picked it up very quickly and we had The Mole ever since (they only skipped one year I think).

I hope they go to Amsterdam! I study there, it would be cool to suddenly see some Mole-members. :angel:
Thanks for cluing me in, Celeone!   

Hope you see some Mole-members in Amsterdam. :tup:

Offline ducky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing this.  I must have had my head in the sand as I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about this show in the past.  I have heard from others that it is a great show. 
In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on.....Robert Frost

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
FYI, http://www.molecasting.com/ just opened up.  If you want to apply or read up about the show, you can do so there!

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 05:13:21 PM »
This is the best news I've heard since...well, it's just the best news ever!  I'll miss Anderson, not Rashad, and dear god I hope Kimmel does not host the show.  I love his late-night show, but he'd make a horrible host for the show.  How about Corbin Bersen?

As a former and current MOLE fanatic...I say that if they could get Corbin Bersen to host he would need a special clause in his contract that read something like "Host has a right to know who the mole is from day 1"....lol..after his experience on the show I think this would be a MUST for him.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »
No, a thousand times NO (:;) (:;) :pull :knuckles: :jam:

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Yay!   :keeta:  :yess: I have to chime, in this was my favorite reality show, and like many others, one I would have tried out for...Oh, this is great news....can't wait........I hate the rumors that the strike is ending soon....I can't wait to see who they have for a host. :wohoo:

Snickers.
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 03:55:25 AM »
Of course we miss you, Snix! :lol:  Come back more often, ya hear?

I hope The Mole will be aired even if the writers strike ends.  It's such a great show!  :jumpy:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »
I'm sure it'll be aired even if the strike ends.  I don't think the strike affected the decision to do it in the first place, so why should it affect the decision to air it?

However, I've decided not to go on the show after all.  After some soul-searching, I decided that it would be best for me to just watch it at home -- and do some column work on it for another website.

Belle Book

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »
If I stop posting on this site for 8 to 10 weeks you all will know why :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
:spy:  :sucks

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »
If I stop posting on this site for 8 to 10 weeks you all will know why :sucks
Really? Go get'em, gingerman!  :wohoo:  Good luck! :tup: 

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »
Was I the only one who saw a small hidden promo during LOST last night for The Mole?  It was just a quick flash of the logo, then it was overlapped by another commercial.

Offline Princesse

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:54 AM »
I saw that too!  :wohoo: I had to rewind it since it was just a flash and I had been fast forwarding through commercials and I thought I had missed something. But after rewinding it twice, I realized all that it was, was that flash saying :The Mole:   :pull

Offline Emmysue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
I was coming here to say that I saw that same flash after Grey's Anatomy on Friday!  It's coming!!!  YAY!!!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-abcsummer2008shows,0,6503091.story?track=rss

The following week, ABC will resurrect "The Mole" after an absence of several seasons. New host Jon Kelley ("Extra") will put 12 players through a series of challenges while one of them, the Mole, works to sabotage their chances of collecting more cash. It will air at 10 p.m. Mondays starting May 26.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

I love the Mole!  One of the all-time best reality shows!  I have to admit, though, I'm going to miss Anderson Cooper.  He was a fantastic host.  Jon Kelley, huh???  OK.  I'll reserve judgement until I see.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
More info on Jon Kelley:

Anyone familiar w/ his work?

Jon Kelley co-hosts "Extra's" one-hour weekend edition and is a primary correspondent for the daily show.  Kelley joined the series in 2001 after a diverse broadcast career spanning more than 15 years in news, sports and entertainment. 
Before joining "Extra," Kelly served as the main anchor for the Fox Sports Network's "The National Sports Report," and the lead anchor for the weekly series, "Baseball Today."  Prior to Fox, Kelley was the lead sports anchor on the NBC owned-and-operated station WMAQ-TV in Chicago.

http://telepixtvcgi.warnerbros.com/v2/about/hosts/kelley.html

And from TV Guide:

ABC's Mole Digs Up a New Host | Today's News: Our Take | 3/31/2008 New
Following in the footsteps of original host Anderson Cooper and his tepidly received successor, Ahmad Rashad, Jon Kelley has been enlisted to front the latest edition of ABC's The Mole. Kelley's credits include TV's Extra (where he was a weekend anchor) and Fox Sports Net's The National Sports Report and Baseball Today.According to Variety, ABC is likely to premiere the first new Mole in years on Monday, May 26, at 10 pm/ET, where it would lead out of The Bachelorette (who is tentatively slated to have her first date on May 19).

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/celebrity.aspx?tvobjectid=214780
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »
I ahve seen him and he is pretty good, a comical person. I think he will do good

Any news on air date?
Having some Spring Fun

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »
Monday, May 26, at 10 pm/ET
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.