Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173835 times)

Offline sk8ter23

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
could you resize to big pic? if anyone can see that letter on wall where they are at!??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »
Now it looks like a globe Michael  :tup:

Looking at these pictures I am convinced that CBS added the globe to the picture.  Earlier in the thread we were looking for the location of a barrel-like thing on a fence.

It does look like the fence was built for TAR and objects relating to different locations assembled there.  The globes may be added or fixed in different location.  They show a eastern hemisphere for Rachel and a western hemisphere for Nick.

TPTB and the promo editors have been adding shots from many of the previous shows: Don and Nick at the airport (aer lingus from ep 2.)  Ron and Chris jumping for joy (first on the mat in Croatia ep 6)  So the puzzling shot of Rachel with the roadblock clue and a different top may also be from a previous ep; however, ep 11 does seem to be the first time she has been wearing a brown band in her hair so perhaps it is current, but how it fits is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:03:52 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
Something like this ..and will update if we get more clues.

Clues~

DON/NICOLAS, TK/RACHEL AND RON/CHRISTINA HAVE ONE FINAL LEG FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE

The Remaining Three Teams Compete in the Final Leg During the Season Finale

*The last three Teams set off on their final leg,
*as one Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash,
*and another Team misreads a vital clue that threatens their position
*In a final Amazing Race leg unlike any homestretch before it, the Racers are surprised to learn upon checkout that their next flight is their last for the entire race: the entire leg, all the way through the finish line, will play out in the city, the wilderness, by the ocean, on glaciers, and in the national parks of Alaska.
*One often combative Team comes together, while one usually cohesive Team clashes.
*One Team misreads a vital clue. Will this lead to the Team's downfall?
*After 10 cities, 4 continents, and nearly 30,000 miles, who will cross the finish line first and win the one million dollar prize?

Teams leaving the C.S.K. Memorial Hall pitstop in Taipei, Taiwan--all teams should be on the same flight

We think one of the first tasks of the day might be to retrieve a clue at the Anchorage Docks, Slowhatch provides a link here

:bar:
   TASK 
Thanks to CBS we now know that the Ice Climb is something all teams must do and thanks to Chateau we know it is early on:
teams travel via Jet Boat to 20-mile Glacier where they will ice-climb the glacier wall to a waiting helicopter
But we already knew that thanks Colby & peach (see first post of this thread for a summary)

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here (thanks to Peach) between 8:50 and 9:30 am (assumes July 29th).
Editing would make it seem that Ron & Chris are first to this task

Followed by Rachel & TK

Ron & Nick

Detour
Thanks to CBS we know this is one of the Detour choices :
Detour in which teams must descend into the hull of a crab boat and search among 500 crabs for one of twenty with a Race-colored target on its underbelly in order to receive their next clue

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 9:00 and 9:33 am (assumes July 29th).

Fish cleaning, Roadblock #1? or Detour choice? Much debate about this..

It appears that Chris is holding the red roadblock clue and she is telling Ron "you can do this"

Roadblock #2? Before the finish line? Puzzle? No matter we know this is a Roadblock

Nick

Rachel

Chris

Ron/ TK/ Don watch , Ron yells "the stress is ON!"
Misc~
Chateau d if:   1:32 to 2:40 pm  ( Rachel & TK taxi )

Don comes down on Nick for mis-reading a clue

running running -------- from to where to where is the question

The first three pictures are pickups from previous shows: R/C Ep 4; TK/R ?; D/N ep 2

The last shot of Ron/Chris is of them walking on the walkway whatever in Anchorage.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »
Nick and Don's are an old shot Gman but TK/Rachel & Chirs/Ron have the CKS Memorial Hall behind them so those pairs are leaving the last pitstop.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
Right you are, I was just coming back to correct it.

But there are scenes with Nick and the Round maybe globe and you can see it exists and has not been added to the scene by the editors.  To me it looks like the props are associated with the areas and you have to match which goes where.  Or, and this is a take off on the old find the errors in the picture, find the objects that don't belong in eps from that area.

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
I have a possible scenerio:

The detour comes first and then teams arrive at the roadblock (possibily near the finish line). Either Rachel/TK or Nick/Don finish first and uTurn Ron/Christina. Then Ron/Christina have to go back to the detour and complete the option they haven't already done (this would explain why Christina is still holding the roadblock clue when Ron is working on the fish).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »
We think that the U-Turn box is more assoc with the memory task and may well not be an actual U-Turn colav10...

And the Anchorage Golf course is about 30 miles from the Ayleska Resort and so may not be this one...But great job Chateau!! :hearts: At least we know where it is--even if we don't know WHAT it is...  I feel SO much better!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
We think that the U-Turn box is more assoc with the memory task and may well not be an actual U-Turn colav10...

And the Anchorage Golf course is about 30 miles from the Ayleska Resort and so may not be this one...But great job Chateau!! :hearts: At least we know where it is--even if we don't know WHAT it is...  I feel SO much better!  :lol:
I saw how far the golf course was last night and was like "damn!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
But the ski slopes are much closer--and I still REALLY like Colby's road match! I think it is near where they have the fair...

Chateau --I did post the road marker for that fair..maybe that would help? I'll have to find it though...and will stick it here.

Here you go: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,14244.msg248379.html#msg248379
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:53:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
I know where this clip was taken.  It is East 5th Ave and they are headed to the dock that Slowhatch found.

The reason I know this is because elsewhere in the clip, just before the van, you can see a big Toyota car dealership go by.

That is Nye Frontier Toyota at 731 East 5th Ave.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
But the ski slopes are much closer--and I still REALLY like Colby's road match! I think it is near where they have the fair...

Chateau --I did post the road marker for that fair..maybe that would help? I'll have to find it though...and will stick it here.

Here you go: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,14244.msg248379.html#msg248379
But the fair is foresty, not green.

anyway pulling these out of the mishmash thread...
Alpine Air Alaska, Inc

The first 2 our from our picture source (person blacked out by me) and the last one is from Alpine Air...

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »

Did we know this already?

The fairgrounds are located at Mile 2.2 on the Alyeska Highway in the community park area.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

I hope so.  A U-Turn in the final leg would be all sort of wrong, especially after the effort to have the tasks post final flight instead of pre-final flight!

BTW, HBD, puddin!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
Happy Birthday Puddin.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:29 PM »
TWO DAYS!
 :jumpy:
I'm so excited

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »
TWO DAYS!
I'm so excited
Thanks for the B-Day wish's :thankyou:

I'm not excited Michael, I'm going to miss it and I'll be stuck in the BB house and and  WAHHHHHHHHHH   :pull  (:;)

Offline sk8ter23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
cant believe that no one knows who the winner?? the spoliers got wrong!! :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2008, 11:00:38 PM »
why are you going to miss it puddin?!
and screw the BB house!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2008, 11:02:55 PM »
why are you going to miss it puddin?!
and screw the BB house!
No not miss it as in not seeing the finale, miss it like I want more, lol.

cant believe that no one knows who the winner?? the spoliers got wrong!! :groan:
A spoiler isn't a spoiler until it happens and it didn't happen so its no longer a spoiler  :neener:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »
oh ok good puddin!! I thought with everybody else at TARcon i wouldn't have anybody to talk to about the episode!

Don't worry though - TAR will be back before we know it and soon we can look forward to spoilers!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:06 PM »
TWO DAYS!
I'm so excited
Thanks for the B-Day wish's :thankyou:

I'm not excited Michael, I'm going to miss it and I'll be stuck in the BB house and and  WAHHHHHHHHHH   :pull  (:;)
Yeah, BB is not fun. Showtime After Dark is like being in the library after watching TAR.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2008, 11:25:10 PM »
The final push  :poop  :keeta:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2008, 11:26:29 PM »
The final push  :poop  :keeta:

what finding everything we possibly can already brings the conversation to.  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2008, 11:30:48 PM »
I'm still flying around Girdwood but my arms are getting tired  }^{ :hyper:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2008, 11:32:30 PM »
well there is a certain something you could PM me tomorrow before 4 PM ET if you are bored and want to help me out ;)