Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173868 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
one hour.  They only do 2 hour episodes for two legs aired together for the final.  And that isn't the case.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:41 PM »
You did. All AR12 epsiodes are one hour, including the last one.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
and those  Alaskan King Crabs, really thats just what we call the Crab there.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2008, 01:58:08 PM »
apskip a simple "yes, it's one hour" would have been acceptable. He wasn't asking if there were any 2 hour episodes throughout the season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »
DON/NICOLAS, TK/RACHEL AND RON/CHRISTINA HAVE ONE FINAL LEG FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE -- The Remaining Three Teams Compete in the Final Leg During the Season Finale of "The Amazing Race 12," Sunday, Jan. 20 on the CBS Television Network

"The Final Push" - The last three Teams set off on their final leg, as one Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash, and another Team misreads a vital clue that threatens their position, during the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 12, Sunday, Jan. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
if you watch the trailer there's a shot of ron and christina running down a road with bushes in the background and Christina is clearly smiling. Neither of them have their backpacks on. Could that be the finish line? There's a shot of Rachel running down the same road as well without a bag on but no sign of TK.

Michael I think you might be correct?? Chris is running full speed smiling, dad behind or infront maybe and in another shot Rachel is running there and then another pic front on with T.K hopping out of a taxi paying the cab and grabbing the bags I believe this may be  the pitstop well have to see!!

The Roadblock may also be before the pitstop??
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2008, 02:58:26 PM »
DON/NICOLAS, TK/RACHEL AND RON/CHRISTINA HAVE ONE FINAL LEG FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE -- The Remaining Three Teams Compete in the Final Leg During the Season Finale of "The Amazing Race 12," Sunday, Jan. 20 on the CBS Television Network

"The Final Push" - The last three Teams set off on their final leg, as one Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash, and another Team misreads a vital clue that threatens their position, during the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 12, Sunday, Jan. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 

Well I obviously was wrong.  It is Tk & Rachel then that have a clash.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
if you watch the trailer there's a shot of ron and christina running down a road with bushes in the background and Christina is clearly smiling. Neither of them have their backpacks on. Could that be the finish line? There's a shot of Rachel running down the same road as well without a bag on but no sign of TK.

Michael I think you might be correct?? Chris is running full speed smiling, dad behind or infront maybe and in another shot Rachel is running there and then another pic front on with T.K hopping out of a taxi paying the cab and grabbing the bags I believe this may be  the pitstop well have to see!!

The Roadblock may also be before the pitstop??

It's weird Kiwi -- we know the RB has to be Ron gutting the fish, but there is also a shot of three of the TK, Donald, and Ron standing with eachother with their respective partners out of the shot. This could be a final task like TAR11 where one team member had to enter the vault, but who knows? IF that is true then it's going to be just as nail biting as last nights episode.

As for Christina running keep in mind that she almost always has a smile on her face even when she's mad, her face just goes that way, but for some reason that shot of them running looks like an actual "smile"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:07:09 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
I think the fish cleaning is the other detour option with the crab tank/bins being the other and "Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash" is Nic & Don, they usually give this away in the previews.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
What about the ice climbing though puddin, we see both Ron and Chris with helmets on in the preview.

I would say

Detour:
Ice Climbing//Crab Grabbing ???

Roadblock:
Gutting a fish

with one or two extra task's along the way

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »
Well that doesn't seem like a very fair detour option but what do I know? So Rachel & TK do switch tasks? Anyway the Roadblocks are balanced, they each have 1 a piece left.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »
I thought that it would be Ice Climbing and Crab Grabbing lol and they climb the other Ice Wall and Roadblock: gutting a fish ewww I hate fish!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2008, 06:06:23 PM »
what the heck is going on in this scene? fishing?
I'm thinking they are just camping and fishing~
http://www.trailmonkey.com/USpages/alaska/maps/ScenicBywayChugachKenaiMAP.JPG

Offline malice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2008, 06:14:39 PM »
on Metropolis Forums a user called TARFAN1 looked at the same thing patlini they were at the top of it as were all previous winners then the Nate and Jenn thing came up and well noone believed her now I am starting to believe her lol!!!!!!!!!!

Puddin in the screencaps Rachel and a few others are in a tank the things in the water are lobsters I believe and it seems to be a roadblock??

The creatures in the tank with TK and Rachel look like King Crabs - they are huge!.  Since they are picking them up and looking at them and then putting them back they probably have to find a message on the back of one of the crabs.

This is one task of the DETOUR (Phil says so on the voice over).

The other task seems to be something to do with gutting fish (Ron and Chris)

The Ice Climb looks like the ROADBLOCK.  We see Chris climbing and Ron cheering her on.  Looks to me that the take the boat to the climb site - note that both Chris and Don are wearing life vests while the climb, the same ones that TK and Rachel have on in their scene in the boat.

My guess is that they take the boat to the climb site, find the clue, and one member of team climbs while the other member gets taken to the top of the glacier.  Ron is looking down at Chris and you can see the water just under her as she starts the climb.

After the climb I think they get the clue that tells them to take the helicopter (you see one behind Ron on the Glacier) to the next location.

The reason I think the ice climb is a road block is because while we see Christina going up the ice we see Ron standing on the sidelines with the same kind of helmet on.  If could be that everyone has to wear a helmet for safety reasons......

Edited:  Whoops, just saw that Michael D made the same comment about the helmet....

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
IF that is the roadblock then why would Christina be standing to the side telling Ron that she know's he can do it while he's gutting the fish?

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
IF that is the roadblock then why would Christina be standing to the side telling Ron that she know's he can do it while he's gutting the fish?

Hello all! I am new to this "thing", but I have been on many forums before. Anyway, I believe the part where Ron is seen gutting the fish is the detour. Reasons for my assumption is b/c in the voice over, Phil says, in lieu of, "TK and Rachel are struggling ....with crabs...during the detour." Usually a detour is two tasks which are similar to each other in that they are common tasks native to the natives there.  Thus, I believe this detour will either have teams doing something related to crabs or gutting fishes. As far as I know, it can be praise coming from Christina while they are both gutting fishes together, I suppose. Anyway, that's just my thought.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
It has to be TK and Rachel that have their first class since it says "and another team misreads a vital clue, threatening their position" which we know is Nick and Don. So since it says "another team", it must mean TK and Rachel since Chris and Ron have had their fair share of 'clashes' and their "first" is long gone.  :waves:

Offline KristineML

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2008, 08:02:56 PM »

The vidcap has been bothering me.  Why did Rachel drop her stuff and leave TK behind.  She's practically running for her life and he's still back at the taxi.  Aren't they supposed to stay within a few feet of each other at all times?  If this is the race to the end then why is Rachel at full speed and TK has barely moved? 

I just watched the replay on OLN in Canada.  TK does start running once he's paid the taxi driver and got the bags out of the trunk.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »

I may be completely off base here but take a look at this photo.  It's a photo taken neard the Alyeska ski resort.  Notice the where they are standing on that sidewalk like area and the road off the right.  Doesn't it loo similar to the vidcap of Ron and Christina running? 

I found the photo here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maigh/360531688/ .  It says it was taken at the Girwood Forest Fair.  Could the pit stop be at the ski resort? 

That looks like water in the backgroud.  There is a bay area below the ski resort.  The green runs could very well be ski runs and not golf course paths.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
anon1akacolby -- great find, it looks like a match to me!

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »
Has there ever been a time in TAR history where a team THOUGHT they were coming in first in the finale but weren't?

Just thinking because the previews lately have been throwing us off and pulling us in the wrong direction in thinking who's in which place at the time of the scene.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
Has there ever been a time in TAR history where a team THOUGHT they were coming in first in the finale but weren't?

Just thinking because the previews lately have been throwing us off and pulling us in the wrong direction in thinking who's in which place at the time of the scene.

In the shot of Chris and Ron running, Chris is wearing a completely different outfit from that she had on while Ron guts the fish and when she is climbing the ice wall.

In the shot of Ron gutting the fish, we see shot of Chris holding something and watching.  It looks like a yellow Detour envelope.  Perhaps in this task one team member has to do something with the fish and then the next one something else.  Perhaps Chris had to catch it first and then Ron does his thing. The thing with the Salmon certainly goes together with the crabs since both are the main fishery businesses in Alaska. King Crabs and Salmon are the two main fish exports to the lower 48.

The three men seem to be watching Chris, Rachel and Nick doing something.  The Roadblock?  Which means all three teams are together and the race is on.

The ice challenge may be something both team members must do, one after the other as in the many rappelling tasks TAR is famous for.  Ron climbed first and is waiting for Chris.  (Both have red life vests and helmets on) When completed they will chopper away to the next location.  (Note red heliocopter on the ice behind Ron)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »
It has to be TK and Rachel that have their first class since it says "and another team misreads a vital clue, threatening their position" which we know is Nick and Don. So since it says "another team", it must mean TK and Rachel since Chris and Ron have had their fair share of 'clashes' and their "first" is long gone.  :waves:
It could be but I don't think it is necessarily definite just because it says "another team". In one of the earlier legs a CBS releases said "One team continues burning bridges and making enemies when they force a fellow Racer out of an airline ticket office, and another team is too busy butting heads to realize their car is on a collision course with a speeding bus. and both ended up being about the blondes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:01:02 PM by Mrs Shrek »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
I like it too Colby!! The golf course wasn't a perfect match but I think your road may be!

Hey CHATEAU!! A little GE here please??  :lol: :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »

Frank and Margarita? I think she realized they were second right near the mat. (The opposite of this is Flo thinking she was second behind Ken/Gerard right until Phil goes into his 40,000 mile speech).

So there's possible finish line run shots of Ron/Chris and TKR. Why am I suspecting this to be a classic CBS diversion and that they aren't showing the true winners run to the finish line (unlike that awesome TAR 10 preview)?