Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173863 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
EP 11: The Final Push
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »
airs 1/20
The three remaining teams race to the finish line, with the first-place pair winning the $1 million top prize. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek/Grandson-Grandfather in the final 6  --Dubrovnik --Alaska??

Jennifer Parker and Nathan Hagstrom/Dating -- Taiwan?-- Winners? X

:bar:
Girdwood, Alaska on July 29th in this thread , first brought to us by anon1akacolby and PDF documents posted by peach and the Amazing Race detectives.

anon1akacolby :
*I just received an IM from a co-worker asking me when the next TAR is going to be on.
*"yup, at least part of it was in alaska.  2 of the people who did tours my parents went on this past week particpated in part of it up there.
 one was a guide up a glacier or something like that and one drove a boat up a river that was use."
*"girdwood was the city.  she couldn't remember the name of the glacier."
*At first I took that to mean that alaska was on their way to the final destination.  But I asked her if she meant that Alaska is
Possibly the final destination.  **She said:
"i think so, she said she only remembers him mentioning 3 boats (not sure if it was 3 boats besides his or including his)."

peach:
*We know that the leg was filmed on July 29, 2007. (And since we also know that the race was completed no later than August 3 and probably a day or so earlier, that makes this one of the last possible legs.)
*The leg was filmed in the Chugach National Forest on the Twenty Mile River and on the Twenty Mile River Glacier.
*Teams travelled on the Twenty Mile River in boats provided by Glacier Jet, starting at Glacier Jets' launch site (eyewitness source).  See a sample river tour video HERE (thanks Slowhatch for the links!).  Sample River photos here.
*They did an ice climb on the Twenty Mile River Glacier with technical support provided by The Ascending Path. (link thanks to Colby!)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 09:06:34 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 01:49:07 AM »
Clues~

DON/NICOLAS, TK/RACHEL AND RON/CHRISTINA HAVE ONE FINAL LEG FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE

The Remaining Three Teams Compete in the Final Leg During the Season Finale

*The last three Teams set off on their final leg,
*as one Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash,
*and another Team misreads a vital clue that threatens their position
*In a final Amazing Race leg unlike any homestretch before it, the Racers are surprised to learn upon checkout that their next flight is their last for the entire race: the entire leg, all the way through the finish line, will play out in the city, the wilderness, by the ocean, on glaciers, and in the national parks of Alaska.
*One often combative Team comes together, while one usually cohesive Team clashes.
*One Team misreads a vital clue. Will this lead to the Team's downfall?
*After 10 cities, 4 continents, and nearly 30,000 miles, who will cross the finish line first and win the one million dollar prize?

Teams leaving the C.S.K. Memorial Hall pitstop in Taipei, Taiwan--all teams should be on the same flight

TASK
We think one of the first tasks of the day might be to retrieve a clue at the Anchorage Docks, Slowhatch provides a link here

Thanks to CBS we now know that the Ice Climb is something all teams must do and thanks to Chateau we know it is early on:
teams travel via Jet Boat to 20-mile Glacier where they will ice-climb the glacier wall to a waiting helicopter
But we already knew that thanks Colby & peach (see first post of this thread for a summary)

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here (thanks to Peach) between 8:50 and 9:30 am (assumes July 29th).
Editing would make it seem that Ron & Chris are first to this task

Followed by Rachel & TK

Ron & Nick

Detour
Thanks to CBS we know this is one of the Detour choices :
Detour in which teams must descend into the hull of a crab boat and search among 500 crabs for one of twenty with a Race-colored target on its underbelly in order to receive their next clue

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 9:00 and 9:33 am (assumes July 29th).

Fish cleaning, Roadblock #1? or Detour choice? Much debate about this..

It appears that Chris is holding the red roadblock clue and she is telling Ron "you can do this"

Roadblock #2? Before the finish line? Puzzle? No matter we know this is a Roadblock

Nick

Rachel

Chris

Ron/ TK/ Don watch , Ron yells "the stress is ON!"
Misc~
Chateau d if:   1:32 to 2:40 pm  ( Rachel & TK taxi )

Don comes down on Nick for mis-reading a clue

running running ---------

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:53:52 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:20:48 PM »
The weekly Travel magazine of the Newark Star-Leger has this within an article:

Anchorage in April

"...April celebrations include the Sushi Cup, with crazy ski and snowboard competitions at nearby Alyeska Resort. Or catch the Arctic Man & Snow Go Classic, which combines downhill skiing with snowmobile races."

Alyeska Resort is in Girdwood.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:57:44 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »
If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

I dunno, i found the race for first place last night to be plenty nail biting...

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
Yay!  :jumpy:  finally my location spoiler is going to come to fruition! 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
I can't wait to see this one too Colby!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:23 PM »
yes congrats colby the first spoiler of this season if I remember correctly   :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »
Will Girdwood be a full leg and will it end there or will they do half a leg there and then fly to the USA States??
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »
Based on every other season I would say that they fly somewhere else. In all of the last legs of TAR they have flown somewhere, do tasks, then fly to final destination city.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
Will Girdwood be a full leg and will it end there or will they do half a leg there and then fly to the USA States??

:angel:  ...ummm, fwiw, Girdwood (Alaska) is in the USA.   :lol:  It happens to be the 49th state.   :lol3: If they "fly to Girdwood", then they are in the USA.   ;D

I have to say, there doesn't seem to be enough to fill an episode, just with Alaska.  I suspect there may be another city (in the US) involved, but no clues yet as to where that may be.  Lots of ways of entering the US (Hawaii, S.F., L.A., Seattle, Alaska, etc.).   :groan:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:47:44 PM by Boingo »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 02:40:36 AM »
Thanks Boingo I already new that it was a part of the USA but I meant the main States in North America I am pretty sure you get what I mean  ;D
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
The preview looks like 100% Alaska to me. Does anyone have a better idea?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »
well we only saw a couple of tasks and one of them was somehting we already knew they completed so we have to wait and see apskip.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »
The preview looks like 100% Alaska to me. Does anyone have a better idea?

I'd agree

lots of fishy tasks and the ice climbing

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »
Yeah Yeah I know my info was not good...Moving on, if the board holds up that is ..
Rob has a video coming  :waves:

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »
It is Alaska.

In the preview where they show Don & Nic in the car arguing, they are riding next to a car that has 'Alaska' something on it.
TAR Top 6 FavoriteTeams -

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »
I'm not saying it wasn't alaska, i'm just saying that it doesn't prove that they don't fly anywhere else.

Offline KristineML

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »
It is Alaska.

In the preview where they show Don & Nic in the car arguing, they are riding next to a car that has 'Alaska' something on it.

Alaska Orient I think it was

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »
Time to repost this!

With special thanks to the excellent lead provided by anon1akacolby, we are now able to definitively confirm the TAR 12 Alaska leg.

We know that the leg was filmed on July 29, 2007. (And since we also know that the race was completed no later than August 3 and probably a day or so earlier, that makes this one of the last possible legs.)

The leg was filmed in the Chugach National Forest (thanks to puddin for the link!), on the Twenty Mile River and on the Twenty Mile River Glacier.

Teams travelled on the Twenty Mile River in boats provided by Glacier Jet, starting at Glacier Jets' launch site (eyewitness source).  See a sample river tour video HERE (thanks Slowhatch for the links!).  Sample River photos here.

They did an ice climb on the Twenty Mile River Glacier with technical support provided by The Ascending Path. (link thanks to Colby!)

(Thanks to Chateau for the glacier picture!)

Sample glacier ice climbing pictures HERE.

Air support to the glaciers was provided by Alpine Air, which again thanks to Slowhatch, we know that WRP used in TAR 2 also.  We believe that the teams were lifted from the river to the glaciers, although this sequence is not yet entirely confirmed.

Film permits were granted for all of the locations.

(Special thanks to kogs for all the weeks of detective work!)

And I couldn't have done it without the help of the whole RFF team: including puddin, Slowhatch, Chateau, Colby, and kogs!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »
It is Alaska.

Alaska Orient I think it was

:duno:  Alaska Orient Van Service ?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
The preview showed us everything we already knew, go figure.  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
When they were running across something---that looked like the Alaska Pipeline to me!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
i will have a video preview as soon as veoh loads up my video

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »
Thanks Rob! Just keep the server going! :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule: