Author Topic: 'Lost' season 5 returns Jan. 21  (Read 45251 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: 'Lost' season 5 returns Jan. 21
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »
Nope, I'm too LOST! :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »
Nope, I'm too LOST! :groan:
Come over to the darkside peach :sera:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2009, 10:10:03 PM »
Heee...I've lost the island  :'( and don't know anyone....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
Oh speaking of Lost islands ..wait until you see season 4!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
Season 4 was very wild. Just watch the clip show at 8 tonight, Peach, then watch the season premiere. The first hour is supposed to blow you away. ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »
You know what I'll be watching tonight  :jumpy: :jumpy:! And I know for a fact I won't be disappointed as I was for the 24 premiere ...................shirtless Sawyer LOVE  :wohoo:

eta: zapit has the season 5 photo gallery, 90 photos in all!
http://www.zap2it.com/news/custom/photogallery/tv/zap-photogallery-lost-s5,0,6263273.photogallery

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
Sawyer does nothing for me. :P

But Kate? Now you're talking. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
Kate is drop dead gorgeous, the less makeup and dirtier she is the better, I hate her! :meow:  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »
For Peach, this is a recap of Lost from Seasons 1-3 in 8:15.

Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »
Kate is drop dead gorgeous, the less makeup and dirtier she is the better, I hate her! :meow:  :lol:
Catty. I like it. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »
Catty. I like it. :lol:
Yeah, that bitch can't have Jack and Sawyer! How dare she  :lol: !!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
ooohhh....got one of those quickies for 4?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Here's a little more catch up help:

Are You Lost? Use Our Guide to Catch Up Before the Start of Season 5

Jan 21, 2009 06:34 AM ET by Mickey O'Connor 23 Comments

"If the first episode of Lost that you ever see is the first episode of Season 5, you will not understand a majority of it," admitted co-executive producer Carlton Cuse, speaking to reporters at ABC's winter-TV previews in Los Angeles. Hopefully you're already a regular viewer. (If not, get going on those DVDs!)

Even so, it has been eight long months since the last new episode (Wednesday's three-hour premiere event begins with a one-hour recap episode at 8 pm/ET). Even if we have been watching, we can't be expected to remember every detail of such a rich, complicated show, can we? We've compiled this catch-up guide that tells you where most of the main characters (don't worry, Rose and Bernard are OK) were when we last saw them, and where they're headed this season.

A quick recap: Six survivors of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 — and Desmond — were rescued and returned to civilization. The remainder disappeared into thin air when Ben "moved" the island. Where they moved, and how the Oceanic 6 will return to the island will be the season's two major narratives, but don't expect them to be simple or straightforward. In fact, don't focus on where the island is now; instead you should ask when it is.

[Full disclosure: Although I've seen the first three episodes of the new season, this guide is made up of pretty vague teases, and as such is basically spoiler-free. If you want to know more about Lost's new season, check out my colleague Matt Mitovich's reviews of Epsiodes 1, 2 and 3, which offer a bit more scoopage.]

BENJAMIN LINUS (Michael Emerson)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF After moving the island with that "frozen donkey wheel" thing, Ben apparently left the island, since he pops up at the Hoffs/Drawlar Funeral Home to offer Jack & Co. assistance in getting back to the island.
WHAT'S NEXT Ben is in Los Angeles, and he has a mission. And... he has help from one familiar and a few unfamiliar faces.

CHARLOTTE STAPLES LEWIS (Rebecca Mader)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Charlotte tells Daniel that she needs to stay on the island, so she can locate the place where she was born.
WHAT'S NEXT That Charlotte-Daniel relationship is brought into sharper focus, as she begins to exhibit familiar behaviors.

CLAIRE LITTLETON (Emilie de Ravin)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF A dazed and confused Claire wandered off in the middle of the night, leaving Aaron behind. Part of the Oceanic 6's lie/story gave the baby a new mommy: Kate.
WHAT'S NEXT Lindelof and Cuse have announced that De Ravin will not be a series regular in Season 5, but that Claire will return at some point.

DANIEL FARADAY (Jeremy Davies)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Daniel was in a raft heading to the freighter when the sky went all crazy.
WHAT'S NEXT It's clear that Daniel has some extra insight into the island's workings, which will come in handy as strange events begin to occur.

DESMOND HUME (Henry Ian Cusick)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF His phone call to Penny spurred his unrequited love into action, and it's ultimately her boat that saves the Oceanic 6, whom he bids farewell as they leave to fake their rescue story.
WHAT'S NEXT He may be off the island, but Desmond will continue to be a crucial element of the show's ongoing storylines in ways you might not have imagined.

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES (Jorge Garcia)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Hugo's post-island life takes place in the Santa Rosa mental institution, where a very grown-up-looking Walt visits him to ask why they're all lying. Soon after, Sayid arrives to break him out of the loony bin.
WHAT'S NEXT It will take a lot of convincing to get the jumpy Hurley to go back to the island.

JACK SHEPHARD (Matthew Fox)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Sad Jack breaks into the Hoffs/Drawlar Funeral Home on the day of the wake for Jeremy Bentham (aka John Locke). Ben surprises him there and tells him that everyone — including Locke's corpse — have to return to the island together.
WHAT'S NEXT Jack and Ben have a lot of work to do if they're going to reassemble the Oceanic 6.

JAMES "SAWYER" FORD (Josh Holloway)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF When the helicopter ran out of fuel because it was too heavy, Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter and swam back to the island, shirtless, where he met a sad Juliet on the beach just before the island disappeared.
WHAT'S NEXT Lindelof and Cuse have dubbed the new episodes "the season of Sawyer," saying that the focus will shift from the post-island Oceanic 6 to those left behind.

JIN KWON (Daniel Dae Kim)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Freighter went boom with Jin onboard. It doesn't look good for him, especially since we already know that Sun erected a gravestone for him back in Korea.
WHAT'S NEXT But guess what? Kim is still a series regular! The producers have declined to say whether Jin is alive or dead, but as we all know, that hardly matters on Lost.

JOHN LOCKE (Terry O'Quinn)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Now we know it was a pseudonymous Locke in the coffin, dead of an apparent suicide. Before he offed himself, though, he visited Jack and Kate to recruit them in a return trip to the island, where "very bad things" had happened since they left.
WHAT'S NEXT A lot of time elapsed between the departure of the Oceanic 6 and the funeral of "Jeremy Bentham." Locke's role among those left behind — and those who were already there — will be significant.

JULIET BURKE (Elizabeth Mitchell)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Juliet promises to stay behind to make sure everyone who wants to gets off the island. When she sees the freighter explode, she sits on the beach drowning her endless sorrows in a bottle of Dharma Initiative rum. She shares a significant smile with Sawyer when he washes ashore.
WHAT'S NEXT Juliet knows more about the island than most; her former Other status will serve everyone well.

KATE AUSTEN (Evangeline Lilly)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Kate tells Jack there's no way she's going back to the island. To reinforce this point, she is visited in a dream by Claire, who warns her, "Don't you dare bring him back!"
WHAT'S NEXT Someone knows the truth about Kate and Aaron, which prompts her into action.

MICHAEL DAWSON (Harold Perrineau)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Michael was also on the doomed freighter, a suicide mission that he saw as his path to redemption.
WHAT'S NEXT "I'm working for the same network so anything can happen," Perrineau told the press while stumping for his new ABC cop dramedy The Unusuals. "You never know what Carlton and Damon are going to do."

MILES STRAUME (Ken Leung)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Miles unilaterally decides to stay on the island, why is unclear.
WHAT'S NEXT Don't forget why Miles was picked for the freighter team to begin with. He has some serious ghostbusting skills, and he will definitely use them.

RICHARD ALPERT (Nestor Carbonell)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF The creepy, ageless Richard and his band of merry men helped Kate and Sayid subdue the freighter commandos, and welcomed Locke to the Others' fold.
WHAT'S NEXT At the winter-TV previews, Lindelof and Cuse reported that once CBS' Cane was canceled, they immediately secured Carbonell's services for the remainder of the series. Since he plays a big part in the Lost mythology, not doing so "would have been catastrophic," says Lindelof.

SAYID JARRAH (Naveen Andrews)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF The once-and-future assassin packs some heat to break Hurley out of Santa Rosa.
WHAT'S NEXT Hurley and Sayid are on the run together, but toward what goal?

SUN KWON (Yunjin Kim)
WHERE WE LEFT OFF Embittered by the loss of her husband, Sun uses her Oceanic Air settlement to buy a controlling interest in her father's company. Then, she pays a visit to the insidious Charles Widmore in London, and — shockingly — offers to help him.
WHAT'S NEXT Sun and Widmore's "common interests" become clearer. Not as clear are Sun's intentions.

Have a few episodes of Lost to watch before Wednesday's premiere? Watch them in our Online Video Guide

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lost-Catch-Up-1001906.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
Here you go, Peach. Season 4 recap. A starter kit. I posted this earlier, but now you have a little more understanding, I think you'll get what ABC is saying now. Plus, watch tonight's clip show at 8 because it will review last season.

Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:53 AM »
Thanks Ken! I didn't watch, I am going to see if I can catch up in time for the next showo r two!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »
The season premiere was very wild. That's all I'm going to say.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »
So nice I watched it twice  :yess:! Even then I feel like I missed so much so will probably watch it again!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2009, 10:49:30 AM »
I'll watch it online to find out what I missed.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2009, 11:03:52 AM »
Lost Redux: Who Won't Survive Another Week?
Wed., Jan. 21, 2009 10:54 PM PST by Kristin Dos Santos and Jennifer Godwin

Mario Perez/ABC
 "It's gone. You don't have to worry about it anymore."

This is what Lost boss Damon Lindelof promises me after tonight's two-hour season premiere, in which the Island claimed its latest casualty: Junkie Jack's scruffy facial rat's nest. (Hooray for Bic razors!)

Of course, it's that other apparent casualty who's really got us worried (the Lostie who's bloody knocking on heaven's door), not to mention the blast from the past who appears to be Daniel Faraday's mother, the revelation that Desmond is the key to everyone's survival and so much more...

Want to know what you may have missed in tonight's episode and scoop on what will go down next?

Of course you do, so light-flash on in here...

What We Learned

Charlotte and Daniel Have Been Doing the Nasty! How else would you explain her headaches, nosebleeds, food cravings ("I figured we could use a bite") and forgetfulness ("What's my mother's maiden name?")? As someone who has suffered all these symptoms in the past seven months I can tell you precisely what is wrong with our girl Charlotte: She's pregnant! Either that, or the Island is working its seriously bad mojo on her increasingly fragile noggin, and she'll appear dead within the week. See, you're rooting for my ridiculous prego theory now, aren't you?

The Islanders Are Moving: We can't explain this better than Faraday did, but the Losties are moving. Well, the Losties or the Island, but my money is on it being the people, our favorite characters, being the ones that are skipping through time like rocks across the surface of a pond. According to the rules as explained by these two eps, the only things they can carry with them are items on their person or in their possession (compasses, clothes, flimsy watercraft). They can't change the future or the past (no killing Hitler or warning their friends about danger), with one notable exception: Desmond Hume. He is special, and the rules bend for and around him. And at long last we have a context for the identification of many of our characters as "special." Some of them are special because their mommies told them so (Charlie Pace), and some of them are special because they can defeat string theory by the sheer power of their native-born awesomeness (Desmond Hume). Got it? No? Us neither, but who cares? As Lost goes, so goes our nation. We're along for the ride until they throw us off.

Locke Down: After Locke was shot, Richard Alpert stopped by from the past and told him, "The only way to save the Island, John, is to get your people back here, the ones who left." Notice that he said save the Island. He didn't say save the people on the Island or save the world. He said save the Island. Which makes us wonder: Sure, it cures paralysis and cancer and offers lost souls redemption and yadda yadda, but really, why are we saving the secret Island?

Nobody Puts Locke in a Meat Locker! Well, except Benjamin Linus, who is prone to bouts of odd behavior, including pretending to fall from the sky via balloon, turning a frozen donkey wheel and now putting the man who appears to be a BFD (Big Frakking Deal) to the Island in a frigid storage room next to cuts of filet mignon. Though Damon told me "Locke looked pretty dead to me," something tells me he will totally be brought back among the living somehow. As Ben put it to the kindly meat-counter chiquita: "Keep him safe. Because if you don't, everything we're about to do won't matter."

Ladies, All the Ladies: Sun and Kate reunion! The two old friends reunited and talked about having their kiddos play together, but has Sun really forgiven Kate for surviving the freighter when Jin (apparently) didn't? Before that fight breaks out, however, it's nice to see the strategically superior Sun emerge as an ally and advisor for Kate when our favorite runner didn't know where to go next.

You Should Maybe Get That Cauterized: Welcome, Freighters! Don't ever leave! We weren't sure last year if Frank, Miles, Daniel and Charlotte were no-goodniks or just plain not good, but all four have more than proven themselves as excellent new elements. Miles' humor, Daniel's adorkable smarts, Charlotte's brash game-for-anything playfulness and Frank's warmth are all worthy additions to the series, and now we can hardly stand the thought of losing any one of them. Therefore, Darlton, Charlotte's nosebleeds better be curable. We are not giving Rebecca Mader back. Capische?

In Other News:

Frogurt died as he lived: ignobly.
Rose and Bernard are still alive and bickering, and Damon and Carlton promised that they (along with dog Vincent) will be alive and bickering for some time to come. Yay!

Sayid is a badass ninja with a badass weapon: the dishwasher.
Hurley also has a badass weapon: the almighty Hot Pocket.
Ben got Jack off the junk. (Who needs 12 steps when you can have one?)
Sawyer found a shirt. (You can't win 'em all.)
Marvin Candle/Pierre Chang (François Chau) had a wife and kid back during the Dharma Golden Age, and we saw them all happy-slappy, before this catastrophe (first broadcast at Comic-Con '08) went down. Can this marriage be saved? We'll find out soon enough!
It sure looks like Mrs. Hawking, the lady who told Desmond back in the day that he couldn't propose to Penny right then, is Daniel Faraday's mother. And Desmond better find her!

Notable Quotables

"Find a suitcase. If there's anything you want in this life, pack it in there, because you're never coming back." —Ben to Jack

"Why there is a dead Pakistani on my couch?" —Hurley's mom

Easter Eggs

Did you catch Marvin Candle's reference to the hostile indigenous population? Do you think there is any relation to the people that Desmond's hatchmate referred to as the hostiles? And how the heck do they fit into the matrix of the Island ghosts, Jacob, the whisperers, forever-young Richard Alpert, Dharma and the Others? This show has explained a lot by this point, but the anthropology of the Island still makes no sense!
In Papa Hurley's sitting room, the voice on the TV saying "Previously on Exposé..." was none other than executive producer Carlton Cuse. Maybe he's trying out a new career path in voiceover work?

ART STREIBER/BOB D'AMICO

What's to Come

One beloved Lostie will be in mortal danger by the end of next week's episode. OK, fine, it's Charlotte. Those nosebleeds are going to get much worse before they get any better. Luckily, she has Daniel Faraday on her side, and he has a wicked-bad crush on Charlotte, and he's going to save his crush object...Right, Lost? Right?

Miles sees four dead people next week, and the reason those dead people were on the Island in the first place might just explain many of the Lost mysteries.
We'll be reminded next week that it's always handy to have an Other on your side. Look for Juliet to reveal another secret power of her Otherhood.

E online

Offline ohsweetjebus

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »
I was not so sure with the utter slow start of season 3... but oh boy! Did the writers ever make up for it! Season four was just utter chaos, and now after watching the premiere TWICE, i'm a bit speechless... yeah, wow....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »
I was not so sure with the utter slow start of season 3... but oh boy! Did the writers ever make up for it! Season four was just utter chaos, and now after watching the premiere TWICE, i'm a bit speechless... yeah, wow....

love the name "ohsweetjebus", welcome to the forum  :waves:
can't wait for tomorrow night!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
not looking yet!  :lala

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »
I saw it peach, lol and then some! YAY for LOST NIGHT!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »
I saw it earlier today at TV Guide.com.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
Charles WIDMORE ! OMG OMG
And all the previews I saw on line were actually for next week! Holy crap!