Author Topic: Survivor China Finale Discussion  (Read 109169 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Survivor China Finale Discussion
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »
Better yet, I hope someone offers her a new job! She has a lot to offer and poo on her school for treating her like that!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »
Better yet, I hope someone offers her a new job! She has a lot to offer and poo on her school for treating her like that!!

I agree how unsensitive of her school, obviously she needed that job.
How terrible, it takes alot of courage for her to even tell everyone.
I'm glad she got something.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
That was nice of Mark Burnett
No kidding! SWEET!  :cmas26

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 10:37:31 PM »
When I heard that Denise had not been rehired because of the game my first thought was "I wonder how many lawyers are looking up her phone number right now!"  The school should have realized how bad their decision would make them look  :groan:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »
I honestly think Denise is better off without that job...she made the decision to leave for that length of time. I don't know how most of these people can leave their job for that long and still come back to the same position they had. Like I said, she is better off without it. She will do much better now that she is free of lunch lady land!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »
I bet Bluto or whatever his name was wants to crawl under a rock and die tonight after swearing up and down that Amanda was going to win hands down!

I find that totally hilarious and that girl only got one measly vote!

I am so totally stoked Todd won, he totally deserved it only because he PLAYED the game since DAY ONE!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:14 PM »
I bet Bluto or whatever his name was wants to crawl under a rock and die tonight after swearing up and down that Amanda was going to win hands down!

I am so totally stoked Todd won, he totally deserved it only because he PLAYED the game since DAY ONE!
He gambled on picking the winner is my guess and he probably thought he would get lucky and be right  :cmaslol

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
I honestly think Denise is better off without that job...she made the decision to leave for that length of time. I don't know how most of these people can leave their job for that long and still come back to the same position they had. Like I said, she is better off without it. She will do much better now that she is free of lunch lady land!

You may be right, she may be better of without that job but if she can't find another quickly it is better than nothing and it could have got ugly real quick without the $50,000  MB just handed her.  Denise lives in a very small town, Douglas, MA about 7,000 people.  Good jobs in small towns are few and far between usually.  She has 3 children and I don't have a clue about her husband's job but it sounds like they were living pretty tight  so loss of a second income will cause you to not sleep well at best.   I just hope all this publicity is good for her and helps get her dojo off to a good start.  

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:57 PM »

He gambled on picking the winner is my guess and he probably thought he would get lucky and be right  :cmaslol

Who was your pick, Puddin? I had an inkling feeling for weeks Todd would win, don't ask me why! I had a strong feeling the spoilers were wrong!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 12:43:26 AM »
I picked Amanda based on spoilers, but I'm telling you what I'm going to do next season,,,,,, I am not going to play the Survivor games because it distracts me from the show itself so maybe I'll have a better shot at guessing the winner  :cmas26

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »
I picked Amanda based on spoilers, but I'm telling you what I'm going to do next season,,,,,, I am not going to play the Survivor games because it distracts me from the show itself so maybe I'll have a better shot at guessing the winner  :cmas26

perhaps you and I could play together...to tell you the truth, I thought Todd would win since the first episode! You have no idea how stoked I was when he won tonight! He was my baby! Just like Dustin on BB8!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 01:05:12 AM »
I like Todd even more now that I know he was a suckster long before being on the show

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 01:13:19 AM »
I like Todd even more now that I know he was a suckster long before being on the show

Did you think he deserved to win?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2007, 01:37:47 AM »

Yeah, I do  :xmas49

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2007, 01:55:27 AM »
Cool, you think so, too!

I thought he played a good game. He outplayed, outlasted and outwitted everybody else!   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2007, 05:49:40 AM »
HaHa I like when the spoilers are wrong! Congratulations Todd!!!  :cmas26
but one spoiler was RIGHT straight across.  I mused over it for an hour just before the show to decide if I wanted to risk going with them.  Had I done so, my scores would've greatly increased!  And just going w/ my gut would've helped. 
After seeing the show, and especially the Jury TC, I felt Todd would win.  Amanda's response's just didn't cut it for me and Todd's did.  Actually Courtney's answers were better than I expected.  I'm happy how it all turned out!   :cmas9 :jumpy: :yess: 

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »
I am not going to play the Survivor games because it distracts me from the show itself so maybe I'll have a better shot at guessing the winner   :cmas26

Puddin ...... I have not spoiled the last 2-3 seasons, and it has really made it much more fun to watch.

Going into tonight, I really thought Amanda would win, but after listening to the jury questions and answers, she really dropped the ball. I think she was trying too hard to make the jury like her. Amanda let Todd come off looking like the mastermind. All she could hang her hat on was the James vote out.

What she should have done and said was that she and Todd had this alliance from day one, and talk over every strategic move and vote out together. But that during the game, she played Todd to make him look like the bad guy.  :cmas28

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2007, 09:37:43 AM »
I thougth Todd would win . .  but then read spoilers and thought I can see Amanda winning.  Todd had that editing if you look back and like he said being the little guy no one was aware of him

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2007, 10:27:54 AM »

I did! I was a happy survivor camper when they announced Todd the winner!  :cmas16
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
Todd and Courtney were yanked from the wrap party last night and took the redeye flight to NYC and they were caught in traffic en route to the CBS studio and were late arriving and didn't have time to grab their luggage. The honchos had to buy a new shirt for them to wear and made an appearance on The Early Show. They talked about weight loss. Todd said he lost 27 pounds while he was in the jungle and gained back 35 pounds in ten days! Courtney was down to 86 pounds at the final weigh in but has since gained it all back. Of course, Todd was presented with a huge million dollar check. He said he plans to use the money to travel, buy his parents a nice Christmas gift and I think he said he wants to buy a house. Courtney gets 50,0000 for being first runner-up and plans to travel as well.

Todd then went to make an appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly and mainly talked about his strategy and game play. He actually was pretty funny when he talked to the hosts.

I enjoyed watching both shows this morning.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
Survivor China has officaly reinstated my love for survivor.

I can remember watching season one with my mom dad and brother when I was 10  :jam: :cmas4 - time flies  :cmas4

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2007, 06:53:35 PM »
Looking back at the fifteen seasons of Survivor (I started watching it at season 2 after hearing co-workers constantly talking about it)

Which winner was your favorite and which was the worst one?

Borneo-Richard Hatch
Australian Outback-Tina Wesson
Africa-Ethan Zohn
Marquesas-Vecepia Towery
Thailand-Brian Heidik
The Amazon-Jenna Morasca
Pearl Islands-Sandra Diaz-Twine
All-Stars-Amber Brkich
Vanuatu-Chris Daugherty
Palau-Tom Westman
Guatemala, the Maya Empire-Danni Boatwright
Panama, Exile Island-Aras Baskauskas
Cook Islands-Yul Kwon
Fiji-Earl Cole
China-Todd Herzog
Micronesia......Spring 2008

I think my favorite winner is definitely Todd Herzog with Yul Kwon right behind him and the worst winner in my opinion is Sandra Diaz-Twine.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2007, 09:34:47 PM »
Thailand-Brian Heidik
Palau-Tom Westman
Guatemala, the Maya Empire-Danni Boatwright

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2007, 11:02:53 PM »