Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 187215 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
Although AR13 could be starting actual filming anytime through May, the dates of the above producer's time indicate to me that a second half March start is most likely.

Agreed. It would make for an early April finish, but BB9 takes up Sunday nights until early May and until early July (plus there's the finale of Half-ASS that will probably be on a Sunday). I doubt that they can fit a season (11 legs or 13) in that time period, so unless there's some timeslot changes, I'd be prepared for a fall edition. The good news is that this would give them the summer, fall and early winter to make a high-quality TAR14  :yess:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
:yess:

Secia Stephens
http://realitystaff.com/?id=28030

Production Assistant      Amazing Race Season 13      CBS      02/08-04/08 

Production Assistant - 2007 & 2008
World Race Productions, El Segundo, CA
The Amazing Race Seasons 12 & 13 / CBS
-Worked alongside the PM & Production Coordinator, went on multiple runs and assisted transportation dept.
-Prepped and maintained equipment and necessary items for crew, performed research.

RESUME   

Ari Cheren
http://realitystaff.com/?id=12044

Field Director/Field Producer      Amazing Race 13      CBS      01/08-05/08 

heres more

RESUME   

Justin Davis
http://realitystaff.com/?id=32858

Coordinator (Production or Field)      The Amazing Race      CBS      10/07-02/08 

Jason Jeffress
http://realitystaff.com/?id=35624

Production Manager (Asst.)      The Amazing Race      CBS      05/07-12/08  

this one is already finished but anyway
Lauren Spiegel
http://realitystaff.com/?id=27404

Casting Associate      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      12/07-02/08

i guess there planning filming during the summer as well
Shari Hammerman
http://realitystaff.com/?id=31616

Editor      The Amazing Race      CBS      08/08-10/08

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03:09 AM »
I would like to see the Amazing Race 13 in

1. Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Madrid, Spain
3. Andorra
4. Brussels, Belgium
5. Hamburg. Germany
6. Godthab (Nuuk), Greenland
7.  Jakarta or Bali, Indonesia
8. Kathmandu, Nepal
9. Angola
10.Cameroon

I`am looking forward so much to TAR 13!!

Cheers Lars T. Joergensen

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »
Damn them to hell.  Twice.

CBS is giving a list of their shows that have been renewed for the 2008 season.

[02.14.08 - 03:30 PM]
CBS RENEWS 11 SERIES FOR THE 2008-2009 SEASON
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS RENEWS 11 SERIES FOR THE 2008-2009 SEASON

"Cold Case," "Criminal Minds," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "CSI: Miami," "CSI: NY," "Ghost Whisperer," "NCIS," "Numb3rs," "Two and a Half Men," "Without a Trace" and the Freshman Comedy "The Big Bang Theory" Join Previously Announced '"Survivor" and "The Amazing Race"

Eight of the Top 20 Scripted Series on Television to Return

CBS has renewed 11 series for next season in a move that will return 10 hours of the Network's primetime schedule and eight of the top 20 scripted series on television.

The 11 series are COLD CASE, CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CSI: MIAMI, CSI: NY, GHOST WHISPERER, NCIS, NUMB3RS, freshman comedy THE BIG BANG THEORY, TWO AND A HALF MEN and WITHOUT A TRACE. They join the previously announced SURVIVOR, another top 20 program, and THE AMAZING RACE, which ranks among the top 30.

? COLD CASE is averaging 12.38 million viewers. COLD CASE is produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. Television. Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Meredith Stiehm and Veena Sud are executive producers.

? CRIMINAL MINDS is Wednesday's top scripted program in viewers, averaging 14.06 million viewers in its competitive Wednesday (9:00-10:00 PM) time period. CRIMINAL MINDS is produced by ABC Studios in association with CBS Paramount Network Television. Mark Gordon, Ed Bernero and Deb Spera are executive producers.

? CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION remains Thursday's Number One program with a weekly audience of 17.78 million viewers. CSI is produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television. Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue, Anthony E. Zuiker, Naren Shankar, Jonathan Littman, William Petersen, Cynthia Chvatal and Ken Fink are executive producers.

? CSI: MIAMI is Monday's top scripted program, averaging 14.87 million viewers. CSI: MIAMI is produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television. Jerry Bruckheimer, Ann Donahue, Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony E. Zuiker and Jonathan Littman are executive producers.

? CSI: NY is the Number One program in its time period in viewers and key demographics, averaging 12.87 million viewers. CSI: NY is produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television. Jerry Bruckheimer, Anthony E. Zuiker, Jonathan Littman, Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue, Pam Veasey and Peter Lenkov are executive producers.

? GHOST WHISPERER has placed first in its Friday (8:00-9:00 PM) time period in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 every week this season with first run episodes while averaging 9.18 million viewers. GHOST WHISPERER is produced by Sander/Moses Productions in association with ABC Studios and CBS Paramount Network Television. Ian Sander, Kim Moses, John Gray and P.K. Simonds are executive producers.

? NCIS has become a top 10 program in its fifth season, averaging 15.65 million viewers, while remaining impervious to tough reality competition including "American Idol." NCIS is produced by Belisarius Productions in association with CBS Paramount Network Television. Chas. Floyd Johnson, Shane Brennan and Donald Bellisario are executive producers.

? NUMB3RS has placed first in its time period in viewers (9.36m) and key demographics in 11 of its last 12 original broadcasts. NUMB3RS is produced by Scott Free Productions in association with CBS Paramount Network Television. Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Ken Sanzel, David W. Zucker, Nicolas Falacci, Cheryl Heuton and Don McGill are executive producers.

? THE BIG BANG THEORY, in its freshman season, is averaging 8.36 million viewers and, with original episodes, has improved the year ago Monday (8:30-9:00 PM) time period by +15% in adults 18-49 and +5% in viewers. THE BIG BANG THEORY is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Lee Aronsohn are executive producers.

? TWO AND A HALF MEN is television's #1 comedy, averaging 13.6 million viewers. TWO AND A HALF MEN is produced by Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. and the Tannenbaum Company, in association with Warner Bros. Television. Chuck Lorre, Lee Aronsohn, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum, Mark Burg and Oren Koules are executive producers.

? WITHOUT A TRACE successfully returned to its Thursday (10:00-11:00 PM) time period, winning the hour with an average of 13.72 million viewers while also placing first in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. WITHOUT A TRACE is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Television, in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Paramount Network Television. Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Hank Steinberg, Greg Walker, Jan Nash and David Amann are executive producers.

Last month, CBS announced that SURVIVOR would return for its 17th and 18th editions and THE AMAZING RACE will be back with its 13th edition.

Notice how, like we thought season 13 will be for the fall.  But notice how it is again, only one cycle.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

THoguh it can be changed these are still early renewals and additional cycles could be ordered before the fall.

but......... (:;) (:;) :pull :pull

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
High-def reality programming a low priority

high-definition TVs is on the rise — and so is the roster of game shows and reality series, thanks in part to the recently settled Hollywood writers' strike.
But other than rare exceptions such as American Idol, few are broadcast in high-definition, in contrast to the rest of the networks' prime-time offerings.

Even though many reality shows would seem to benefit from high definition — especially exotic favorites such as Survivor and The Amazing Race— producers and networks do not see HD production as a priority. They say high-definition cameras are more costly and less reliable. Repairs and video storage on remote locations make HD a hazard, too.

The cameras "are not meant yet for that type of rough travel and the sheer cost," says Jonathan Littman, executive producer of CBS' The Amazing Race and president of Jerry Bruckheimer Television. "It's a pretty high escalation in our budget. It's not double at the moment, but it's hundreds of thousands of dollars for the total run."

HDTV not only packs up to five times the detail of standard definition, but it also makes the image widescreen, offering a broader vista for exotic locales. "I'm hoping if we're hanging around a year or two, it's going to become a real thing for us," Littman says. "There's not a show that lends itself more to being in high-definition."

more of the article here~
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-02-17-reality-hdtv_N.htm

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
puddin, I believe that it is the weight of HD cameras that make them unsuitable for The Amazing Race filming for episodes on the move. The poor cameramen already have a huge burden of a heavy camera and the need to move fast to keep up with the action. If a larger, heavier camera were to be used, I doubt that they would be to keep up with the action. Cost concerns are all a factor, but more minor.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
I want HD!  No more excuses.

And the weight has nothing to do with it (anymore).  Take a look.

I bet the TAR cameramen would be relieved to carry  around this little bird!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
Speaking of HD I now have DTV  :wohoo:,  the picture on my tv is  :wohoo:!! No more crappy cable  :jumpy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
Puddin, you have directv now? Greeting from cleveland. And yes i did stay at a holiday inn express

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2008, 01:01:58 AM »
Puddin, you have directv now? Greeting from cleveland. And yes i did stay at a holiday inn express
lmao, I was flipping through my DVDR user manual and thought hmm and sure enough I have the DTV basic channels? I assume .

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2008, 02:52:15 AM »
 :yess:  Watching The Tonight Show, and guest Reese Witherspoon (Legaly Blonde) said that she is a big fan of TAR.   ;D   OK, but she also said that she has a "writer friend" who is [going to be] on TAR(?)   :duno:  Not sure if she meant that a writer friend of hers will be a racer on the next TAR, or that her friend is a writer for TAR.   :res:   

Oh well, just another excuse for the "dancing muffin" to appear.   :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2008, 03:01:09 AM »
 :sucks << swiped from sucks! Hey Boingo  :jumpy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »
lmao, I was flipping through my DVDR user manual and thought hmm and sure enough I have the DTV basic channels? I assume .
you assume :lol: :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

Yeah I live in the woods, what more would you expect from a hick in the sticks ;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

Yeah I live in the woods, what more would you expect from a hick in the sticks ;)

yes i passed you yesterday on the way back from cleveland. dont you read your pm's? i am thankfull i can get rff and post from my cell phone lol

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
Live in the woods and can get DTV?  What did you do, cut down all the trees?  That's my problem, I have nice tall shade producing oak trees between me and the satellite - its either cut down a tree or two or stick with cable.

Anyone have any hints on what's up with TAR13?  Awfully quiet out thar.  Guess that much won't happen until they start the race.  I think in late April or early May is my guess.

Did you see the ratings for BB?  Right down the toilet.  Either thrid or fourth for each of the time periods. A rating of 5.9 and CBS keeps it on the air?  They must really be hard up; even re-runs of
re-runs do better than that!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »
^

BB's ratings are abysmal.  People say but its on agains't Idol.  So what..  Ar went agains't teh oscars and managed nearly 9 million viewers.  Went agains't NFC championship game and got nearly 10 million.

Again, how knowing that a strike was strongly likely, they didn't greenlight 2 cycles is just stupid.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2008, 06:45:19 PM »
That is my gripe mswood, they could have had a TAR on the short shelf ready to roll. I am glad BB's ratings are crappy and agree that even against AI, TAR's ratings wouldn't exactly kick AI's ass but would fare better then this BB train wreck. Why oh why CBS doesn't open their eyes is beyond me  (:;). I suppose if Julie Chen were the host of TAR things would be different  :res: hmmph..

And Gman  :hugs: :kuss:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
At last, at last, Puddin agrees with me  :wohoo:  BB is a load of crap and not worth the time to even discuss it.  But I wonder if it would even be on the air if Ms. Chen wasn't so involved?  You all do know who she is married to? :pull

Until TAR returns lets just you and I disappear :-*

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »
At last, at last, Puddin agrees with me  :wohoo:  BB is a load of crap and not worth the time to even discuss it.  But I wonder if it would even be on the air if Ms. Chen wasn't so involved?  You all do know who she is married to? :pull

Until TAR returns lets just you and I disappear :-*

ive got a castle in israel needing some people to move in.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »
 :sucks So where to Gman? Israel or the Maldive Islands  :wohoo:?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »
Maldive Islands sounds like it could be more secluded - you know what I mean :res:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:28 PM »
I'm up for any place Gman, just get me out of the BB house  :pull

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »
I know this sounds corny but I am just wondering what life is gonna be for us as die hard fans of TAR when the race finishes and the last season is done!!!!!!! I am gonna be soooo sad!!! and TAR has got so many fans together as a site like this what is gonna happen when the race is done what will happen to RFF in my eyes no reality show will beat TAR for me!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline chris_oclc

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • suckeisha sucks
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2008, 04:15:12 AM »
would love if they go to north-eastern europe like armenia, albania, georgia or azerbaijan...
cigi