Author Topic: EP7 airs 12/23 : "This is Forever, Now"  (Read 139154 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP7 airs 12/23 : "This is Forever, Now"
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2007, 03:14:01 AM »
Thank you SO much Chateau!!   :kisses

Ok you flight gurus--what flight(s) can Don/Nick catch? Would TK/Rachel be on the same one? Is that why they are driving in the dark? And since we see them looking at the Firenze sign--I'm still hoping for SOMETHING in Florence! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »
This shot was taken between 6:33 and 6:55 am (assumes July 21st).

What if they only fly one trike at a time?  You get 30 minutes to look and then return to the airport and get back in line.  Thanks to Chateau, TK and Christina do not appear to be in the air at the same time.  If operating hours begin around 6 am, we should have team bunching and multiple trikes in the air simutaneously.

My thinking was that if more than one trike was in the air, you might be able to see where another team spotted the clue.

Maybe the Roadblocker is so focused on their task that they do not pay much attention to the other flying trikes.  I am beginning to think my idea of only one flying trike is dumb.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:23:57 AM by gator27 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: December 22, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »
I don't know if it means anything but in VINCI INFORMATION the last paragraph refers to a "July Fair which, in the past few years, has revived the traditional historical commemoration of the "Flight of Cecco Santi" from the Castle Tower." AR12 arrived in Vinci evening of July 20 and was around the area July 21 so who knows if this became part of the footage for the race.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »
almost forgot, I found one of those little signs at Vinci  :xmas49

eta: now that I think about it I don't recall seeing a bus or any bus in Vinci so ? might still be the gardens? who knows?

I have been intrigued by this sign, so I have pulled out all the stops in an attempt to figure it out. I have succeeded in an obscure Vinci travel guide:

Path number 14, with the first part called Strada Verde (1hour round trip), takes you to the Casa natale di Leonardo (Birthplace of Leonardo). ...

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: December 22, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »
Here are my estimates for Dubrovnik check in times:

Ron & Chris at 2:34 pm
Kynt & Vyxsin at 2:48 pm
Nathan & Jenn at 3:23 pm
TK & Rachel at 5:57 pm
Don & Nick at 6:29 pm
Azaria & Hendekea at 7:01 pm
We shall see if the producers decide to make up times for the start.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: December 22, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »
My guess is that they will go with a 24 hour pitstop. That will force the departure times to be late afternoon or evening.

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #357 on: December 22, 2007, 12:13:57 PM »
My guess is that they will go with a 24 hour pitstop. That will force the departure times to be late afternoon or evening.

Yeh :yess:... that would make much better senses as the Roadblock is taken at almost dawn in the morning....

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #358 on: December 22, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »
Hey, y'all got your mind fossilized in Florence!   :cmaslol

I say that Nick and Don arrive through Bologna.   :cmas16

This shot was probably taken here.

Using these flights

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #359 on: December 22, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »
Here are some zoom outs

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #360 on: December 22, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »
Chateau!! What great detective work! I like it...So maybe just HoO at the grassy airport in Empoli?

Was there an earlier flight for the earlier departing teams too or will they all be on this one?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: December 22, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »
Hey, y'all got your mind fossilized in Florence!   :cmaslol

I say that Nick and Don arrive through Bologna.   :cmas16

This shot was probably taken here.

Using these flights

I couldn't figure it out Chateau but then again I admit that I suck at maps, good job!  :xmas146

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: December 22, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
Well we DO still have the shocking Pitstop "3 headed monster" news...

I figure I'll be crying one way or the other Sunday night!

Peach when we first got this quote, I thought it sounded like a Ron Quote.   But Puddin made me question that, it could have been the goths.

But with more and more coming into focus.  I think t is Ron.  And with them falling so far being (most likely where they don't see any other team after the Roadblock), they assume they are last.  And that the quote is about them either losing the clue or discovering that they are not eliminated, due to Kynt & Vyzsin being even later.

I would hazard a guess that either Jenn & Nathan or Nic & Donald take first or 2cd.

3.  Tk & Rachel (though without detour who knows.
4.  Ron & Christina
5.  Kynt & Vyxsin

Now with locations of tattoo parlor, and times at detour and roadblock for 2 sets of teams.  My only question is how long does it take to get a tattoo?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: December 22, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »
I bet the tattoo is so tiny that it probably takes Don longer to decide what to do than it takes to acutally get a tattoo.
Me? I have 4 tattoo's but no thanks to my tequila days, its all a blur now how long they took. The outline can take some time but again it depends on the size which I suspect is tiny.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #364 on: December 22, 2007, 05:24:52 PM »
We have next weeks tvguide clues, does it give us anything to work with this week as far as couples? To me a couple is a pair as in dating pair and IF the Goths go this week *shudders the thought* then the only couple left that we haven't seen lose it yet are TK & Rachel imo. Unless of course by couple they mean another team but still this to me again is TK & Rachel or Nic & Don? but Nic & Don seems weird to me being described as a couple.

tvguide magazine 12/30
Reality: Amazing Race~
The teams may think that running around the globe is good for their relationship, but all the trekking is about to start wrecking ones couples's closeness when their worst qualities come to the fore. Meanwhile, another team plays dirty to throw two competitors off-schedule at the airport.

The Amazing Race:
One of the teams is resorting to airport theatrics to bump another pair onto a later flight. The things folks will do to impress that Phil fella!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #365 on: December 22, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
I'm worried that the "worst qualities might be out Goths.

But airport theatrics?? I'll vote Ron/Christina...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #366 on: December 22, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
I'm worried that the "worst qualities might be out Goths.

But airport theatrics?? I'll vote Ron/Christina...
Well if you think its the Goths then thats a good thing! IF they aren't eliminated tomorrow night we fans get 2 more episodes at least with more Goths, seeing as we are pretty darn sure EP8 is a superleg.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
just imagine the feeling if the goths survive tomorrow night and end up winning! SCREW YOU NATE AND JEN!  :dick

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #368 on: December 22, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »
 :cmas13 :bump
:cmas4 Since when do they have money to purchase books let alone read them? Running with production perhaps?

from Twops
ErinntheRed

I was reading one of the interviews with Kynt and Vyxen and I think they may have let slip a spoiler. Vyxen said in one of the interviews that she's a Harry Potter fan. She bought the last book in an airport "while on the race." HP7 was released July 21st, so that means some time after that.

Heres the interview~

Vyxsin: We LOVE to attend Sci-Fi/Fantasy conventions whenever possible which should provide adequate Geek Credentials :) We love anime and the cosplay that it inspires. We especially enjoy Dragon*Con and the San Diego Comic Con. Kynt and I are HUGE fans of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, X-Men, and Tim Burton films.
I love and obsess the most over the Harry Potter books and movies. I actually purchased the latest Potter book at an airport during the Amazing Race.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 22, 2007, 05:58:12 PM »
While that does mean that they were most likely eliminated it doesn't exactly prove they were eliminated in tomorrow nights episode because they could have just bought the book  at any airport once they were eliminated   

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: December 22, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »
Ok my guess (Lets see I will get 2 things right, thanks chateau) of what happens for this episode.
All teams arrive in Florence and travel to the first route marker were they hit an hours of Operation.

The next morning (the 21st) teams rush to the clue box and find both a clue box and a pull a number (or write your team down ect).

The first two to this are Jennifer and Nathan and Tk & Rachel, followed by the Goths, Ron & Christina and Nicolas and Donald.

Clue:  Roadblock (which we know) and the Fast Forward Clue.

I do believe there is a limit of either staggered departure times for teams in the air (thus no following another) or only two teams at a time in the air).

I believe that Nic & Don must be last or near last for sign up and thus why they choose to go for the Fast Forward.  I also believe that Nate & Jenn are probably first as to why the team has been wanting a win so bad, don't go for the Fast Forward.

I am beginning to think that the Goths don't go for the Fast Forward (but I am really unsure).

Teams then go to the detour.  Where I assume that Jennifer and Nathan do fine and actually finish first.  I then think Rachel & Tk do it (the detour, not IT) but they choose the other option as coordination doesn't seem to be something they are good at.  

I think the Goths are the ones to loose their clue and get lost (we know they get lost to some degree) and this is what puts them hours behind, and I think we see them arguing over guesses over where they are going.

I think Ron & Christina get to the detour and are the team that falls apart doing the  detour (this could be due to his hernia and its build up).  And that could certainly put them an hour plus behind.  

Plus I don't think The Goths would have problems with this task (though it is possible that it is Tk & Rachel).

I think Don after being a pussy for a few minutes man's up and gets the tattoo, and that either team grandpa or Natan and Jennifer are team #1.

That Tk & rachel are team number 3.

That Ronald & Christina are team number 4, and that he has the quote.  And this is one of the reasons I think that the Goths didn't go for the Fast Forward, because if two teams are known to go for the Fast Forward then the other teams know that they have what should be a large cushion of time for any errors they make.  

But I am probably wrong.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: December 22, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
Actually based on the tv guide clue I think it has to be Tk & Rachel.  Its fits all their footage (both episode and clips) about not fighting, not argueing.

With the Goths though we don't see them fight until tomorrow, so I don't think it would be discribing them.

As for airport drama I vote for Ron & Christina.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #372 on: December 22, 2007, 06:40:26 PM »
Perhaps both the Goths and Nicholas & Donald go for the Fast-Forward, but the Goths get lost on the way, thus ensuring that Nicholas & Donald get the Fast-Forward.  Once that happens, the Goths have to go back.  They may lose the Fast-Forward clue on the way (and that's why they get lost), or they may lose a later clue (like a route marker one).  Of course, this only helps Ron & Christina.

Belle Book

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #373 on: December 22, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »
TAR will never do a final 2 will they? It just doesn't seem probable.

And I have succumbed to the fact that the Goths will go out, but I do not think it is tomorrow. I bet it's a normal leg (but they won't call it a TBC) and everyone arrives 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and the last team gets hit with a Speed Bump? Then it goes NEXT WEEK ON THE AMAZING RACE and has something to do with the speed bump and here's where I am waffling because I have nfi  :pull

Uh it's killing me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #374 on: December 22, 2007, 07:58:57 PM »
Some hopes are about to crash  :cmas13

any chance Anchiano is the pitstop?

eta: this album http://www.pbase.com/hilandjake/vinci

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:05:25 PM by puddin »