Author Topic: EP5 commentary  (Read 61219 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP5 commentary
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »
good job, peach.   :cmas16

:badhorse:    Vytauto Street

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »
Yet more information   :cmas50

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
The one location I fell in love with this season so far--and they cut it! Now CBS owes me Antarctica and Tanzania and now Trakai! :lol:  Yep! I am keeping score! :rotf:

Thanks for the maps Boingo!

I had pulled Trakai from this epiosode in MAPS! but darned if I am not adding it back in. Seen or not seen, back it goes to EP 5!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »
TARAsia Fan wrote something like you all were right! So I thought that JeNathan were toast, little did I know he was joking  :cmas18
What? You thought that Jen actually kicked Nathan in the head?  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
TARAsia Fan wrote something like you all were right! So I thought that JeNathan were toast, little did I know he was joking  :cmas18
What? You thought that Jen actually kicked Nathan in the head?  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol
:cmaslol Sort of, lol.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2007, 09:07:25 AM »

I'll never make it Michael  :cmas13 , your over 3 hours by plane from me and I'm not a good runner but maybe I can ski there?  :yess:

puddin, I know you would go from ABE airport. You would be surprised (maybe shocked) to know that if you had been able to predict that delay on Dec. 2 and arrived at ABE by 4pm, you could have been on AC7447, a nonstop 1.5 hour flight departing ABE 500pm and arriving Toronto-Pearson International Airport at 630pm. That would have allowed plenty of time to get to Michaels's house in time for an 8pm start of AR12. Now you know for future reference.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2007, 09:34:19 AM »
A hidden task, then. Thanks, Peach  :cmas9; I might have some clear caps by tomorrow.

Slowhatch, all too often in these situations, the next clue will say "Go to ___."  I'll bet that it said Go to St. Anne's Church and was edited out because of its uselessness when they too much real action to show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »

I'll never make it Michael  :cmas13 , your over 3 hours by plane from me and I'm not a good runner but maybe I can ski there?  :yess:

puddin, I know you would go from ABE airport. You would be surprised (maybe shocked) to know that if you had been able to predict that delay on Dec. 2 and arrived at ABE by 4pm, you could have been on AC7447, a nonstop 1.5 hour flight departing ABE 500pm and arriving Toronto-Pearson International Airport at 630pm. That would have allowed plenty of time to get to Michaels's house in time for an 8pm start of AR12. Now you know for future reference.

:cmaslol I had to search ABE apskips and did not know Lehigh had an airport and yet an International airport to boot  :cmas50! Really I should get out of the house more often! We usually fly out of Newark and I think thats an hour or so drive but its been awhile since we flew anywhere so don't hold me to it.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »
puddin, Newark is a fine and much bigger airport, but it has the worst on-time arrival record in the country. Also, Newark is a mere 105 miles from where you live. If you can do that in a hour, you are a very fast driver. ABE is about half that distance. Check it out. I flew in and out of there for 14 years when I lived and worked in the Lehigh Valley.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »
Hey Apskip, good to see you back in action!

But, now how much would those flights cost Puddin?   :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
You have to figure that it would cost puddin a lot!  :mas25 :mas25
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
CHATEAU, I hope you know that there are few people I would go the extra mile and half for. The answer to your question is that puddin's tickets would cost $269 each way. That may not include taxes, which could bring the total up to about $600 for this jaunt to Toronto and back. That's a lot to avoid the football delay, in my opinion. It might be easier to just move to Canada.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
CHATEAU, I hope you know that there are few people I would go the extra mile and half for. The answer to your question is that puddin's tickets would cost $269 each way. That may not include taxes, which could bring the total up to about $600 for this jaunt to Toronto and back. That's a lot to avoid the football delay, in my opinion. It might be easier to just move to Canada.
I've been to Canada and yeah its pretty but really I would not want to live there! If I recall there were no good nightlife spots  :cmas26. If anywhere I would love to move to Alaska  :yess:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2007, 09:55:20 PM »
You clearly haven't been downtown toronto puddin! PARTTAY

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »
You clearly haven't been downtown toronto puddin! PARTTAY
I don't know where I was Michael, it was just over the border and we took that scenic boat ride to the islands and the food made us sick so we wern't there long  :lol3:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:08 AM »
Oh come now puddin. An international polyglot city of over 4 million people is not going to be able to show you a good time? Hardly credible. You should be forced to go there with Michael as your tour guide of the hot spots just to be proven wrong and then be forced to sing O Canada with a bottle of Molson's in one hand.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
Oh come now puddin. An international polyglot city of over 4 million people is not going to be able to show you a good time? Hardly credible. You should be forced to go there with Michael as your tour guide of the hot spots just to be proven wrong and then be forced to sing O Canada with a bottle of Molson's in one hand.
:cmaslol now thats funny! lmao

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »
:cmaslol now thats funny! lmao
This is funnier ...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCXnlFWaIY

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »
it just hit me that there is no F/F team left....i guess i have to wait for tar13 for a F/F team to win :cmas11

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »
it just hit me that there is no F/F team left....i guess i have to wait for tar13 for a F/F team to win :cmas11
It could happen, thats if they cast only female female teams  :cmas22

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »
Or the Beauty Queens are cast again.  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.