Author Topic: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"  (Read 88332 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:31 PM »
Chateau, peach, Slowhatch  :yess: :jumpy:! This is coming together so fantastic!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »
 :cmas9  :cmas51 Great job! As per Peach's video, I'm guessing they park on the lane outside and hike the last stretch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2007, 12:08:21 AM »
Chateau!! Nice on the time! But boy--they are early---far earlier than I thought  they would be!

We need to compare this to the other detour shots for comparison but they may have made up a lot of time getting there!

And good job on the hill! We found the Pitstop! and here I thought we were almost done!  :cmaslol

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2007, 12:09:10 AM »
If anyone is working the reverse solution, here's the DBV arrival chart for this Thursday (no guarantee, of course, that it matches July).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2007, 12:14:43 AM »
That's a ncie thing..

We have discussed the flights forever over in Timelines. We were trying to get a spacing that would account for an arrival before noon for Ron/Chris and The Goths--one mid afternoon for TK/Rachel--and a later arrival for Az/Hen.

I'm pretty sure there were some that fit fine for that.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
Well I thought we always knew that there were 3 in the lead in Dubrovnik thanks to Eilan. Didn't she say, 3 then 1 then 2 (or 3 she couldn't remember).
The Goths per Eilan seeing the check in sheet then we knew from the blog, Ron & Christina ( Insert team #3 JeNathan here) again thanks to Eilan we then get TK/Rachel followed by what we know are Don/Nic & the Siblings. What we didn't know was that we had the wrong blond (s) for team#3, not that they are in third place its just what I call them :cmas22

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2007, 12:30:34 AM »
I think Nick and Don's boat might be boat 4 rather than boat 2. If you look at the colour of the seat Don is on, it matches, and maybe the dark floor bit is just obscured? That would still explain how they could end up being attached to boat 3, and from the photo, it's quite possible for them to have just rowed around the back of boat 3.

The only problem with that is that we see boat #4 in the shot with Don/Nic -- :cmas5

oops. :groan:
it can only be nat and jens boat then, cos the other seats are all coloured. could it be possible that n&j tied their boat up in the place of boat 2 when they arrived back? that would mean n&j finish before d&n start, with r&c somewhere in between

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2007, 12:35:25 AM »
So we know just about everything except a superleg or not :carryon:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:33 AM »
Slowhatch

i've been backtracking those arrival times. :cmas18

the trouble is there might be more flights into Dubrovnik in July, as Croatia is becoming a popular vacation destination (several family members from the UK have vacationed there in the last few years)

Really need to figure out what time they get released from Lithuania, if its 36 hours Nick/Don wouldn't be leaving till after 9am right?  Also from the preview it looks like Jen is waiting nervously at a counter - to get on a flight??? that would explain their making up time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
Lithuania was apparently 36 hour pitstop, patlini.

When you can, could you  please bring over a list of the best Vilnius-Dubrovnik flights please from Timelines? :cmas17
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »
ok my biggest concern was gramps and nick making it to Dubrovnik, but I think I have flights that would do it.
Going off sunset on the day they checked in they would be leaving around 9am july 19th.

Flylal       VNO     FRA
TE0420  11.45    13.00

Croatia Airlines
OU0419  FRA       DBV
               2.30     16.15

are the siblings on this flight too, I wonder?

right gotta dash to a mtg, will post other flights in about 30-45 mins

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »
This shot was taken here.

Original Panoramio source.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2007, 11:19:06 AM »
Lets say the lead teams have roughly a 5 hour advantage/lead ..how do TPTB equalize them IF this is a TBC? I dunno, i can't wrap my brain around it.

No problem, really.  Along the way they will bunch up somewhere.  But, remember, in Moscow the first team to reach the mat still had time to catch the next flight to FRA on to Stuttgart.  In fact, the lead team beat Phil and the producers to the MB test track!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »
Thanks Chateau, I was clueless looking for that spot, good job!!

Well Gman I've changed my mind again that this might just be an Elim episode, I think the Siblings are next to go and now is the perfect time. If its keep on racing then they can catch up and dominate again so I'm just thinking they are eliminated afterall and the title is said by a team who thought they were finally first only to find out they were beat to the mat by another team and I'm guessing per clue that Ron/Christina might just come in first!!

*One Team falls apart during a Detour in Croatia that requires precise teamwork --the team that falls apart are JeNathan but they eventually get there
*Two Teams test their rocky relationships on the choppy waters of Croatia with very different results --very different results to me means one team strolls through the boats and to me this is Ron/Christina and the other team of course is JeNathan
 *It's "the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that's already melted" according to one Team, when Phil gives them some news at the Pit Stop --this screams the Goths or JeNathan to me as in they think they are finally first only to find out they've been beat to the mat, again my far fetched guess is Ron/Christina come in first.

Not that it will happen this way, its just my thoughts  B:) B:)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
The switchback behind the city doesn't look any wider than a footpath. The only workable auto route seems to be south, up the hill, then cut back through the village of Bosanka. Trivia: the area caught fire not long after the race (see the album).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »
Nice find Slowhatch :cmas9  :cmas26

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
Looks like ya'll have everything in control; details of the Roadblock; and the Detour (Row or Rappel) and the climb to the pit stop.  So ya'll won't mind me taking a two week hiatus and trapse through Germany and Austria to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of a traditional old fashioned, non-commercial vacation!  When the aromas of Gluehwein, Bratwurst and Chestnuts are in the air there is no stopping me.

So hang loose, enjoy ep 6; the end of Survivor, (thankfully the end of Kid Nation never more to be seen, I hope) and have everything all laid out for ep 7 when I return.

By the way, this year it seems that the Roadblock is coming first before the Detour.  Did TPTB worry that having just one player doing the roadblock at the end was too much phsychological strain on that person especially if because he or she goofs up (the girls in Norway, the guys in Egypt) the team is eliminated?

And my guess, for what it is worth, is that the is a "continue on racing" instruction at the mat so no pit stop as such.  Maybe a greeter there with Phil, but no pit stop.

Auf Wiedersehen!~ :cmas28

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
See you when you get back, gman!  :cmas28 :cmas28 :cmas28

And I agree that the siblings will probably go here. Kind of like All Stars when Rob & Amber dominated the first few legs and then were eliminated, the siblings have shown to be quite dominant, then set up for the big fall.

I don't know if Ron/Christina will finish first, but I do believe they will be in the top 3 again. Perhaps even with Jen Nation arguing, I think they find a way to get to the mat first before dad-daughter. And based on the title, I think it'll be Ron or Christina saying it.  :mas25 :mas25 :mas25

Of course, I have been wrong before ... my scores in the Pick 'em game are a great example.  :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
So I'm still confused on the boats. If Nate/Jen are in the water by a little after 1 and Nic/Don are in it during the 5 o'clock hour, how do we have only 1 boat missing when there should be 2 by the time Nic/Don set off?

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »
finally a gap in meetings, darnit work interferring with detective work :cmas3

I think I have found the route taken to Dub by the front teams.

LO0774  6.25    6.50  VNO WAW
LO0223  7.55    9.15  WAW VIE
OS7059  10.10 11.20 VIE    DBV

If TK and Rachel missed the connection in Vienna the next flight would be

OS731 13.15 14.40    VIE   DBV

you know those crazy hippies.

This is all dependent on them getting out of the pitstop in time to get a 6.25 flight.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »
Well we see Chris & Dad walking in the dark patlini in what I assume has to be Lithuania :hyper:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2007, 03:39:20 PM »
I'd knew I'd seen that  :cmas51  so the pitstop couldn't have been 36hrs? cause the picture of Ron on the stilts was taken around 8pm correct?

I bet Nate & Jenn end up on the same flights as the first 3 teams and then Hen & Az forget something - an oversight ... leaving the amazing fannypack???

and I'm thinking this is an elimination round.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »
So I'm still confused on the boats. If Nate/Jen are in the water by a little after 1 and Nic/Don are in it during the 5 o'clock hour, how do we have only 1 boat missing when there should be 2 by the time Nic/Don set off?
Maybe there are 2 missing and the other tied up boat could be a crew boat tied up as well -- the cam crews have to get there somehow.
Heres what I think is one of the crews big boats from Slowhatchs find--which is along side the picture in Don/Nics shot.
These were taken on July 18th I believe.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:51:33 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
This one taken on July 17th --you can see the gear for the Pile Gate rope climb --I thought it was cool  :cmas26

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
The only reason I just can't see this being an elimination round is because that would be 4 episodes to eliminate two teams, and I don't see them doing back to back double legs -- it seems more reasonable for

*** IF THERE ARE NO NON ELIMINATION LEGS ***

12X06 > TBC
12X07 > ELIM (FINAL FIVE)
12X08 > ELIM (FINAL FOUR)
12X09 > TBC
12X10 > ELIM (FINAL THREE)
12X11 > FINISH LINE