Author Topic: TAR 13 Application is up on the CBS site  (Read 6141 times)

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
TAR 13 Application is up on the CBS site
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »
Good luck guys :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 13 Application is up on the CBS site
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »
Fantastic!!  :jumpy: Thank you Tammy  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »
 :wohoo:  Lucky 13!!

So...who wants to apply?

with me that is??  :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:00:05 AM »
CBS actually ran a commercial telling us that the application was up on CBS  :jam:! 1:30 am but granted they ran one! And Michael will be happy to know that Dustin & Kandice were featured in the promo.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 01:01:14 AM »
:O

of course they'd show the best team ever to be on the race -- they want people to apply LOL...

This reminds me of the last time there was all the rumors of TAR being canceled, and then one season passed and the show seemed to be back in full swing.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:05:02 AM »
I'd try to apply for the race next year, when I know I'm old enough to do so. One more year of frustration just isn't enough, I don't think! ;)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 01:50:40 AM »
It went something like " Do you have what it takes to run the Amazing Race ..? " then about the application. Gheesh they hadn't shown TAR anything all night! Whodda thunk it or I could have captured it. Ah well maybe tomorrow night same time same place!!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:43:16 AM »
They've switched mail providers to the UPS store in El Segundo. And there's a part in there about binding arbitration that I don't remember seeing before. Otherwise, it looks about the same.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Mandoli - Still apply you never know, if they like you enough they could always lower the age.  Plus it is exposure for the next time you are legal.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
Well, since we have heard about taking applications, we now have a source saying that CBS has in fact ordered up season 13.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-11-07-writers-strike-main_N.htm

CBS is gearing up for its first in-season cycle of Big Brother, which would start in February or March, three times a week. The network also ordered a 13th cycle of The Amazing Race, which had planned only one contest this season.

That seems to hint that they would like season 13 some time this year.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
YIPPEEE!! Nice to see it in black & white  :yess:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »
I hate to lose some of my favorite shows, but if it means another season of TAR, then I'm all for it.  :tup: :tup: :yess: :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
Matt Roush Friday, November 9, 2007

Roush on Amazing Race 12 and Big Brother

Question: I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race and was disappointed last spring when CBS announced there would be only one installment this year. It seemed to me that Viva Laughlin was an obvious failure, and it lived up to that after one airing in Race's time slot. Now with the writers' strike going on, wasn't it incredibly stupid on CBS' part not to order the usual two installments? I know it's a completely different type of reality show, but I know they're prepping Big Brother for an early premiere, so it doesn't seem inconceivable to me that they could order up another edition of Race to premiere after this one ends in February. What are the chances of that? Call me greedy, but I love this show!— Jess

Matt Roush: Well, Greedy, consider that it requires a heck of a lot more logistical planning to produce a season of The Amazing Race than it does to find a new batch of irritating idiots to lock inside the Big Brother house. The likelihood of them turning around a new race so quickly seems improbable, and I haven't heard anything to suggest this will happen, but given the recent turn of events, I suppose anything's possible. The reason The Amazing Race was pared down to one cycle this season had a lot to do with the fear of it being overexposed and diluted — but given the strong numbers for its return last week, maybe that fear was premature.

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/amazing-race-12/071109-06

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »
Information on the Application process says that teams must be available in the April - May 2008 period for travel anywhere in the world.  First interviews would take place in February, so this makes sense.

Unless, that is, they speed up the whole process, but this is rather hard to do with all the logistics and clearances that have to be obtained world-wide.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
I would think turnaround would be in the summer months. If Big Brother premieres early in the spring, CBS would need another show to replace it and I would think TAR13 would air in the summer.
Just here to visit.