Author Topic: Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*  (Read 31421 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »

Nicolas & Donald
Grandson/Grandfather
Nicolas: Chicago, IL
23, Pilot

Donald: Elkhorn, WI
68, Retired

Nicolas started his aviation career at the age of 17 at the University of Illinois and currently works as an airline pilot based out of San Juan. He describes himself as reliable, competitive and goofy. He describes his Teammate as rough around the edges and not too excepting of people who go against his advice.

This grandson/grandfather duo believes that Nicolas’s traveling expertise will give them a leg up against the other Teams.

Donald has been married for 42 years and has two children. The sparks will undoubtedly fly along the course of the Race as Donald is never shy about telling his grandson what to do. While Nicolas relies on his ability to read maps and quickly navigate computers, Donald relies on old school street smarts and claims to be a jack of all trades.

Regardless of who's calling the shots in the heat of the Race, these two are looking forward to traveling the world together and creating lasting memories.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:38:37 PM by puddin »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek - TAR12
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »
I love this Grandpa/Grandson dynamic.  I don't know why TAR hasn't done something like this before.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »

:hearts: Some Nick & Don love~

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 01:03:09 AM »
I luv them too!!!!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
THis will be a fan fav if they make it far

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:25:44 PM »
mod note: This is a spoiler free topic
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:08:16 PM by puddin »

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »
Aww they look so happy!  :hearts:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 04:04:17 AM »
Aww, I love this team already!  They're so cute & look like they have a great relationship.  Gooo Nick n' Donald!  :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:45:50 PM »
This is a team everyone can root for. I really hope they make it to the Final Three.
Just here to visit.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 04:07:04 AM »
This is a team everyone can root for. I really hope they make it to the Final Three.
Yeah that!  :jumpy: :hearts: :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:03:42 AM »
Donald, how'd you manage to drive into the curb!!  For pete's sake, watch where you're going!  Or better yet, let Nick drive. 

But you made it to the pitstop in time, so Kudos to you both!  :jumpy:                                  

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 01:04:03 AM »
Some Grandpa LOVE  :hearts:!! You rock Donald!!  :flirt:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 04:05:11 AM »
Yeah!  Some more Grandpa Love :hearts: :-*   He's doing better than I expected, & he and Nick are working together real well.  Grandpa was so cool milking the camels....just did it w/ no fuss.  :tup: 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 02:37:14 PM »
Did we know that Nicholas is Robbie Fulks' (the musician) son??

http://robbiefulks.com/newsarchive.html?id=00078
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »
Nic is back at work; also, some (polite) trash talk about Aer Lingus.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »
GRANDPA-GRANDSON TALK OF 'AMAZING RACE'
By DON KAPLAN
 Nick, 68, stripped down to his underwear to pole vault, while grandson Donald, 24, watched — which set a pattern for the popular pair.
December 24, 2007 -- LOVE 'em or hate 'em, Nicolas and Donald, the first grandson/grandfather team to appear on "Amazing Race," have become the most talked-about competitors on the most popular edition of the show yet.

The pair - airline pilot Nicolas Fulks, 24 and retired jack-of-all-trades Donald Jerousek, 68 - have, for six legs of the race so far, managed to remain with the pack in their dash around the world on the popular CBS reality show.

Again last night, they managed to hang on, despite fierce odds.

The unlikely popularity Nick and Donald seems to come from the fast, familiar banter they have on the screen. And not least because Nick is the randy, right-back-at-you grandpa some people wish they had.

"This is a team that is completely relatable," the show's creator, Bertrum Van Munster, told The Post. "Nicolas appeals to the younger crowd and Donald appeals to an older crowd.

"I think they are almost a pure example of what the whole show is about - something that anybody can relate to," he says.

People really took notice of Donald after Week 3 when, after dancing with a rival team of young, blonde sisters, he remarked: "They're hot. There's no doubt about it. They're feisty. They're a little bitchy, but not bad. If I was a little younger . . ."

The "hot" comment cemented Nick as someone to keep an eye on - especially if you were young and attractive and he was right behind you.

"Worry about yourself," Donald barked at his grandson at another point - when Nick complained his grandfather was not paddling fast enough. "I'm helping here, whether you know it or not."

Nick and Donald work well together, but what has fans flabbergasted is Nick always stepping aside to allow his headstrong grandfather to tackle the highly physical challenges the show's producers dream up.

"The man is nearly 70 years old, but he's strong as a bear," says an amazed Van Munster.

The ease the pair have with each other on camera may also have a bit to do with their family's celebrity status: Nick's father is country music star Robbie Fulks who is married to Donald's daughter, singer Donna Jay Fulks.

"I was turned on to Robbie Fulks [music] when he accidentally impregnated my mother," Nicolas deadpanned in a profile posted on his father's Web site.

"They snark, they laugh, they don't seem to feel the need to attract attention and camera time through outlandish behavior (be it arguing, yelling, or constantly proclaiming their outsider status)," writes a fan called Whammo on the popular, Television Without Pity Web site.

"They respect each other, and they seem to enjoy each other a helluva lot more than any other team left on the race."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12242007/tv/pops_stars_460052.htm

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »
It's a shame that the article has to quote TwOP but GO GRAMPS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 04:42:18 PM »
It's a shame that the article has to quote TwOP but GO GRAMPS
I know it makes me want to barf  :barf :geekon:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »
What's up with that?
Just here to visit.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »
GRANDPA-GRANDSON TALK OF 'AMAZING RACE'
By DON KAPLAN
 Nick, 68, stripped down to his underwear to pole vault, while grandson Donald, 24, watched — which set a pattern for the popular pair.
December 24, 2007 -- LOVE 'em or hate 'em, Nicolas and Donald, the first grandson/grandfather team to appear on "Amazing Race," have become the most talked-about competitors on the most popular edition of the show yet.

The pair - airline pilot Nicolas Fulks, 24 and retired jack-of-all-trades Donald Jerousek, 68 - have, for six legs of the race so far, managed to remain with the pack in their dash around the world on the popular CBS reality show.

Again last night, they managed to hang on, despite fierce odds.

The unlikely popularity Nick and Donald seems to come from the fast, familiar banter they have on the screen. And not least because Nick is the randy, right-back-at-you grandpa some people wish they had.

"This is a team that is completely relatable," the show's creator, Bertrum Van Munster, told The Post. "Nicolas appeals to the younger crowd and Donald appeals to an older crowd.

"I think they are almost a pure example of what the whole show is about - something that anybody can relate to," he says.

People really took notice of Donald after Week 3 when, after dancing with a rival team of young, blonde sisters, he remarked: "They're hot. There's no doubt about it. They're feisty. They're a little bitchy, but not bad. If I was a little younger . . ."

The "hot" comment cemented Nick as someone to keep an eye on - especially if you were young and attractive and he was right behind you.

"Worry about yourself," Donald barked at his grandson at another point - when Nick complained his grandfather was not paddling fast enough. "I'm helping here, whether you know it or not."

Nick and Donald work well together, but what has fans flabbergasted is Nick always stepping aside to allow his headstrong grandfather to tackle the highly physical challenges the show's producers dream up.

"The man is nearly 70 years old, but he's strong as a bear," says an amazed Van Munster.

The ease the pair have with each other on camera may also have a bit to do with their family's celebrity status: Nick's father is country music star Robbie Fulks who is married to Donald's daughter, singer Donna Jay Fulks.

"I was turned on to Robbie Fulks [music] when he accidentally impregnated my mother," Nicolas deadpanned in a profile posted on his father's Web site.

"They snark, they laugh, they don't seem to feel the need to attract attention and camera time through outlandish behavior (be it arguing, yelling, or constantly proclaiming their outsider status)," writes a fan called Whammo on the popular, Television Without Pity Web site.

"They respect each other, and they seem to enjoy each other a helluva lot more than any other team left on the race."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12242007/tv/pops_stars_460052.htm

Wait, isn't it Don who stripped and Nick who watched?  :dknow

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 02:42:19 PM »
Love for Gramps!  ;D

Hopefully they will win the race!  :js:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 02:43:04 AM »
Love for Gramps!  ;D

Hopefully they will win the race!  :js:
Me too, jonnal!  Love Gramps!  He rocks and just keeps going like the energizer bunny!  He and Grandson get along good & have done a fantastic job going far in the Race.  Cheers to them and hope they win!  :jumpy:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:42 AM »
Oh yes! Gramps and grandson made it!  :yess:

Gramps still going strong despite his age and doesnt complain and bitch about the vigours of the race. What a man!  :wtg:  :ele:

And Nic is pretty supportive too, hes carrying the load and stepping up!  :mechbull:

It would truly be amazing should they win The Amazing Race next week!  :yess:

I didnt catch the preview properly so hopefully nothing goes wrong!  :res:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »
Rock on Don & Nick! WTG!!  :jam:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Nicolas and Donald *THIRD PLACE TAR12*
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 04:20:21 AM »

:jumpy:  Nicolas and Donald   :jumpy:                         

:wtg:

:yourock: