Author Topic: TAR12 timeline speculation  (Read 175316 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR12 timeline speculation
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »
Big "IF", its just a guess  :duno:
Jonathan practically lives at the mansion  :res:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
puddin asked "Also after all the BS that BVM has reported do we still believe the race completes in 21 days?"

My answer is an unequivocal YES, I believe in the 21 day race. There will be only 11 legs. The last leg is going to Alaska. It can't possibly go on to anywhere else in a one hour show. This race will be over July 29, probably in the Girdwood area.

Just because BVM said it doesn't make it wrong. Sometimes he does tell the truth.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »
Apskip -

They can go to alaska, do tasks, fly to final city, do a random task like in TAR11, and then run to the finish line.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
I also think that Japan is a NEL - well hoping so just by doing the math of legs left.

i could totally see that fool (jonathan baker) being at playboy mansion, but would WRP want him there knowing what a loud mouth "speculator" he is

maybe the finish line was there and he heard who won through his bunny connections.

by the by has the race ever finished in LA - i don't think so right???

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: January 02, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »
I did a synopsis of where races started and finished many months ago. to the best of me recollection, races have started in Los Angeles but never finished in the Los Angeles area.

However, do not expect that this one is going past Alaska.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »
Big "IF", its just a guess  :duno:
Jonathan practically lives at the mansion  :res:
Yeah, thanks to his wife. :( :( :(
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 02, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »
*has a flash of Jonathan almost smacking Victoria in the cab*

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
There is strong evidence now that the 9th leg will be an elimination leg. This has implications for the Timeline above. The July 25 leg 9 will have to be modified to say:

25 tasks in Osaka start and finish next morning, then 12 hour pitstop

Leg 10 will also need to be modified:

27 flights from Osaka to Taipei:
JL2051 0740 0855 ITM FUK , connecting with CX511 1025 1205 FUK TPE(Note departs from Itami airport in Osaka, not Kansai)
EG211 1030 1245 (from Kansai airport)
CX565 1100 1315 (from Kansai airport)

tasks in Taipei, starting with one at Taipei 101, followed by
TBC or non-eliminaton

Leg 12 will incorporate the following correction of a mistake on the flight number and time from TPE to ANC:

28 release from pitstop, then get airline tickets for CI12 departs TPE 1625 arrives ANC 0750 July 29

Leg 13 is unchanged.

I will make the acutal changes on the Timeline and reissue it Sunday night after leg 9 s over.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2008, 09:06:23 PM »
what is the strong evidence?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
Micheal, you're not keeping up with the threads. On the ep.9 thread colav10 has stated at 6:53pm today:

Check out this episode synopsis:

I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us: One racer is too tired to perform at a roadblock; another racer is livid when the taxi drivers lets the team out in the wrong spot; one team is eliminated.

All those that say this episode is a nonelim, please note that the description clearly states a team will be eliminated.

It may not be true, but a betting man would put money on it being true.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »
Oh I'm keeping up apskip, I just didn't think that an experienced poster like you would take that as strong evidence. Those things are always included in episode descriptions.

I do think it's possible for there to be a non-elimination on Sunday, just highly unlikely as they will most likely want to have one mor episode with four teams as opposed to two episodes with three teams because "The final three" is usually what the finale is known for. In past seasons when ever the final non elimination was during a F3 it was always a two hour finale.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:44:50 AM by Michael D »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2008, 12:42:09 AM »
Oh I'm keeping up I just didn't think that an experienced poster like you would take that as strong evidence. Those things are always included in episode descriptions.

I do think it's possible for there to be a non-elimination on Sunday, just highly unlikely as they will most likely want to have one mor episode with four teams as opposed to two episodes with three teams because "The final three" is usually what the finale is known for. In past seasons when ever the final non elimination was during a F3 it was always a two hour finale.

I'm actually one of those who thinks Sunday will end in non-elimination. A F3 spread over two weeks would be boring (see TAR 4) and as Michael said, those are usually scheduled in two-hour blocks. Not to mention the Taipei sighting didn't indicate that R/C (probable 4th place team) were eliminated definitely. Plus, those descriptions can be innaccurate (we all remember TVGuide stating that this would be the 9th elimination point).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2008, 07:25:54 AM »
If I remember correctly, Dustin and Kandice were eliminated before the penultimate leg in Barcelona. the 12th leg for AR10 was in Paris and the final leg a trip to the New York metropolitan area. That sounds like 2 weeks F3 to me.

EDITOR'S NOTE - I have double-checked and discovered that Paris and New York were both in leg 13, so AR10 was not a 2 week F3. The elimination of Dustin and Kandice was the end of leg 12.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:24:33 AM by apskip »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
If I remember correctly, Dustin and Kandice were eliminated before the penultimate leg in Barcelona. the 12th leg for AR10 was in Paris and the final leg a trip to the New York metropolitan area. That sounds like 2 weeks F3 to me.

Paris and New York were both in the final leg of TAR10 which aired over just one hour. My point is that judging from history I think they want to still have the drama of an elimination over the racer's heads.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
Oh I'm keeping up apskip, I just didn't think that an experienced poster like you would take that as strong evidence. Those things are always included in episode descriptions.

Actually both season 1 and season 4 were down to the final three on episode 12 and both had non elimination rounds and leg 13th aired the next week.

Season 1:  Episode 12 aired 12/05/2001
Season 1:  Episode 13 aired 12/13/2001

Season 4:  Episode 12 aired 08/14/2003
Season 4:  Episode 13 aired 08/21/2003

Now of course season 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9 Were all 2 episode blocks with a final three in both.

And season 6 was a two hour block with a final four in the first hour and a final 3 in the 2cd.

But were those schedule choices (air as a two hour segment compared to two single episodes) made before filming or afterwards.

Was it an editing choice by the producers are was it a request from CBS based on how it would best fit with CBS schedule?

Not saying that synopsis was accurate (they often are wrong), but it could be factual based on previous seasons.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2008, 12:08:47 PM »

Actually both season 1 and season 4 were down to the final three on episode 12 and both had non elimination rounds and leg 13th aired the next week.

Season 1:  Episode 12 aired 12/05/2001
Season 1:  Episode 13 aired 12/13/2001

Season 4:  Episode 12 aired 08/14/2003
Season 4:  Episode 13 aired 08/21/2003

Now of course season 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9 Were all 2 episode blocks with a final three in both.

And season 6 was a two hour block with a final four in the first hour and a final 3 in the 2cd.

But were those schedule choices (air as a two hour segment compared to two single episodes) made before filming or afterwards.

Was it an editing choice by the producers are was it a request from CBS based on how it would best fit with CBS schedule?

Not saying that synopsis was accurate (they often are wrong), but it could be factual based on previous seasons.

psssssst mswood tar5 had final4 hour 1 final 3 hour 2

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
Bowling Mom's <3

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
Yeah, Dumb Ass :groan:

Mainly wanted to point out that even with single episodes they have had gone down to three teams for the last two (hell in practical terms you could argue that they went down to 2 teams for season one for both episodes).

But I love the Bowling Moms, bad me..

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »
But in the last seasons there was no speed bump -- I don't see them putting a speed bump in the finale considering they usually want the most nail biting finale where all three teams are racing to the finish line together.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
But in the last seasons there was no speed bump -- I don't see them putting a speed bump in the finale considering they usually want the most nail biting finale where all three teams are racing to the finish line together.

But that isn't a problem (If they do it that way, though again, I don't think they will).  Most final legs, have more built in equalizers then any other leg. So the speed  bump isn't necessarily a problem..

Take for example (like you have mentioned) that perhaps the race doesn't end in Alaska but just has tasks there (like for example season 9).

In that leg they started in Japan, first flew to Anchorage and then drove to the "the Detour Choice of One" (has that ever happened before, by the way) then teams went for another route marker, then back to Anchorage to await flights to Colorado.  Then went to Colorado, found route marker, then performed Roadblock  from hell and then Mat (and me crying, crying, crying.)

The producers could have placed the speed bump anywhere in Alaska and it probably wouldn't have effected the effected team from making the flight to Colorado, and giving all teams an equal (stupid producers) at winning the million.

Now suppose Alaska is the final destination, they could simply have the speed bump before the flight to Alaska, and again would give an equal shot for all teams to get to the finish line.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »
Take for example (like you have mentioned) that perhaps the race doesn't end in Alaska but just has tasks there (like for example season 9).

And season 1. And season 2. Just because we don't have info on the final city doesn't mean that the race will end in Alaska. I'm very confident that it won't end in Alaska, actually. It's just part of the final leg. They have an Alaska or Hawaii leg almost every single season, and it has never been the site of the final city. Why would this season be different?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2008, 02:36:54 PM »
exactly IA with KingCrimson88 -- I don't think there's ever been a finale where they haven't flown to one location and then made their way to the final destination city.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2008, 03:00:57 PM »
Just watch episode 11!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
Yup we'll see who's right :), I call somewhere other than Alaska. Maybe Ca.? thats my guess.