Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50445 times)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
Did I miss something? Matt and Riggins are out? Cause of the missing practice or what?

The only different thing is I haven't felt all that great this time around but the flu went around here bad like three times in 2-3 months and I got it twice so I wonder if that has anything to do with that. I went back and forth on boy/ girl but as of now I think its another boy!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:43:16 AM by Mama2MyBoys »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2008, 03:00:14 AM »
Oh wait, I guess Matt is still in.  But isn't Riggins out or am I thinking back a couple eps?  Geez, I better watch the video again! 

I'm so sorry you've had the flu and hope you're OK now.
:hugs:
Rudy

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
Yeah, cause wasn't it Riggins that the other coach hit? And hes been back since lol.  :lol: Heck I dunno, bad memory at this point.  :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2008, 01:07:41 AM »
If I had time, I'd rewatch my tapes. 
Hey we can find out this Friday if Matt is playing.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2008, 01:12:31 AM »
One thing I forgot to mention was Julie being so jealous of her mom giving Trya a lot of attention.  Julie is such a brat.  Grow up, girl.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »
Im really surprised that Julie isn't into sports. With a dad like Taylor. I understand her if shesj ust not insterested but do you see how she acts about volleyball? Seems to me she is just a brat about sports in general :lol:

Im glad Tyra finally found something she seems to love. And I have to admit I was glad that Landry broke it off with that girl, she got kinda annoying and fast :lol3: But I didn't think he'd go back to Tyra. His dad won't be happy bout that!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2008, 03:38:49 AM »
Yeh, it is strange Julie isn't into the sports scene....but some girls really don't care for it evne if they do have parent who is...I guess. 

As tall as Tyra is, she's really good for volleyball and does a great job!  She seems to enjoy it a lot. 

I forgot about Landry's dad wanting him to stay away from Tyra. 
That other girl is really wierd  :lol3:  and was really making ME nervous! :groan: :res:
 She & Landry are definitely not a match, noooo way. 
Not that he and Tyra are either.  I just fear that Landry is going to end up getting hurt by her eventually.  A few one nite stands after awhile will get old and i  don't think they have anything substantial to keep them together long term.  I hate to see Landry get hurt by her again. :'(

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
Im glad im not the only one that thought that about her. Isn't Landry a junior (Matt is a junior so I thought that is what Landry is). And then that girl is a freshman, not that there is anything wrong with that. They seemed to have some things in common but your right, her character is one to make a person nervous :lol3: Maybe Tyra has 'grown' up, maybe him moving on was just what he needed to do to show her what she was missing. Who knows. Sad this is the last episode :(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »
Yeah, sad.  But if the Writers' Strike is in fact going to reach a settlement, maybe...just maybe...we'll see a Season 3 of FNL?? ???  (next fall?)
Omigosh how I sooooo hope-hope-hope sooooo!!  :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
Mama
Maybe Tyra has 'grown' up, maybe him moving on was just what he needed to do to show her what she was missing. Who knows.
Yep, that was the right thing for Landry to do. And I truly hope Tyra did learn from him what she was missing and took it seriously.  Maybe she did.  If so, and she honestly likes Landry and isn't just trying to redeem herself from her previous actions, then I say go for it.  She seems like an honest girl and Landry is honest.  Maybe it'll work for them? 
Gosh, puhleezzz let the Writers strike settle so we can have scripted tv again!!
Esp FNL!!  It's like we get so attached to the characters that we feel a part of them.  (that's how I felt about Judging Amy.  Then they had to go and dump the series.  I was just sick about it.  :'( :'(  But I do have the entire series on video after taping the repeats from TNT  ;D  ;D)  

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »
My mom was obsessed with judging Amy.

I'll give it to Tyra, when she had the talk with her mom. She seemed serious where as she did not ACT like her mom and got mad at what her mom said. Know what I mean?

I think there will be a season 3, only because Matt and Julie are juniors. And we have to see them graduate! I think this Smash not on the team, is a way to wean him from us. Not sure about Tyra, but maybe she will hang around in Dillion.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:52 AM »
ohh, thanks for jogging my memory about Tyra's talk w/ her mom.  Yeh, her mom is a real piece of work.  Good for Tyra, giving her mom heck. 

Gee, I hadn't thought about Smash's character leaving the show.   As these kids grow up and leave Dillion for college or whatever reason, they might feature them on holidays...or not at all.  New characters will replace them.

About an hour ago, I tried a jillion times to open your new thread, but
couldn't.  No matter what I tried to open, it would start to open, then stopped and froze up.  I think it was due to all the photos someone  posted b/c they were just "setting" in the Most Recent Posts on the home page!  Lots of large photos in one thread jams it up sometimes, just b/c they're such large files. 
Ok, I'm gonna go over there and hopefully be able to open & read Mama2FOURboys!! :wohoo:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
Thanks Rudy.

Show is in an hour here :yess: Sad its the last one but of course im excited as always to see it!!!  :lol:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
Why did this have to be the last episode :'(

So happy for Jason, I was BAWLING!!! And thats all im going to say because I really do not have anything else to say. Happy for Smash as well, at the end that was sweet with him and his mom.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »
TVShowsonDVD had this exciting news about the upcoming release of FNL: Season 2:
The other day we told you that an upcoming DVD of a Joaquin Phoenix film, Reservation Road, would include a bonus television episode, the second season premiere episode of Friday Night Lights. Fans will be very happy to know that they won't have to wait long to get the rest of the season, though!

An industry source, who wishes to remain anonymous, has informed us that they've received the heads-up that Friday Night Lights - The 2nd Season, will be in stores on April 22nd. That set will include all 15 episodes of the strike-shortened sophomore season (twenty-two eps were originally ordered by the network), including episodes that will air tonight and next week.

Since there are episodes still to be broadcast yet, Universal has not formally announced this release. Our source tells us that this is a done deal, though...or as much of a done deal as DVD release dates ever can be (they are always subject to change, of course, until you actually hold them in your hand). We won't get any other details, such as pricing or extras, until the studio makes the release official. But stay tuned and we'll bring that to you just as soon as we can!

Source: www.fnl-online.com

Glad season 2 is coming out, but with the writers strike ending I was hoping this would be a show they would jump on. Oh and according to this its the sophmore season, but I thought Matt and Julie were juniors. Anyways, that could mean 2 more seasons if thats correct! I also hate that it ended like it did Friday, and that is all that will be on this seasons dvd.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2008, 01:00:10 AM »
Sorry I've been away from here so long, Mama.  Ya know, I can't remember if I watched the last ep!! arrgg.  I did tape it tho. :lol:  Now if I can find it after cleaning house for company this week...
I do know it's in a safe place! :lol3:

Well, in the new TVGuide, it has a pic of Smash in the locker room and all it says is: "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
The Panthers have played their final game this season.  It's up in the air if they'll be back. (NBC)" 
That doesn't sound good...but you never know.  They may surprise us?
I've looked thru the Guide to see if there was more info, but haven't found anything.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2008, 04:04:44 AM »
I think its a good sign but who knows. You would think there would be some kind of way to find out if it could come back to finish the season with the writers strike being over with. Its kinda like my other show that ended with no ending (lol yeah there is a word but whatever). I guess it could always come back for playoffs, afterall the final game was the last one. No wait cause Smash hadn't did his 3 game suspension. UH!!!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2008, 01:57:11 PM »
If it comes back won't be coming back til fall with season 3. Season 2 will be released on DVD April 22.

Im sure they will have to come back in the fall - for Jason's baby and the rest of the playoffs ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »
Oh yeah, for Jason's baby!  I forgot about that.  Surely, they wont leave us hanging about such an unusual storyline? 
Good to know the Seas2 dvd is out.  Thanks for letting me know, Mama.

Hey, do you ever sleep?  I see you on here day and night!!  BB9 is really keeping you busy, huh? 
How are you feeling?  Hope all is going good for you! :hugs:
Rudy

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
Friday Night Lights': back for season 3
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

NEW YORK - "Friday Night Lights" will shine again next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

The acclaimed football-and-family drama will return on NBC for a third year after the 13 new episodes have aired on satellite-television provider DirecTV, in an unusual deal designed to spread production costs while rekindling a series whose audience until now has been as small as it is fervent.

The series will unfold weekly for DirecTV subscribers beginning Oct. 1. Then, early in 2009, it will be seen on NBC, which made the announcement Wednesday. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.

Rumors of such a rescue for "Friday Night Lights" began circulating last month, but a final deal wasn't struck between the network, studio, producers and satellite service until this week, the participants said Tuesday. They agreed that negotiations were driven by a shared mission to give the series renewed life.

Executive producer Jason Katims recalled that, four or five weeks ago, network and studio bosses vowed "to figure out a way to keep this show on the air, despite all the challenges of justifying it from a business standpoint."

"And here we are," Katims said. "They did it."

"There is such a passion for this show among its viewers," said NBC entertainment chief Ben Silverman, "and although you would hope that passion would have manifested itself in higher ratings," the new arrangement allows NBC "to have this jewel of a show and not even need to expand its audience to succeed on a financial basis."

Of course, hopes are high the audience will expand. (In its now-concluded second season, the show averaged just 6.2 million viewers, tying it for 117th place in network prime time.)

Premiering each episode for DirecTV's subscriber base of 16.8 million shouldn't hurt the series' prospects among NBC's much larger universe of viewers, Silverman said. And with DirecTV mounting an aggressive marketing campaign of its own, heightened public awareness of the series might carry over, drawing a larger audience for its later NBC run.

The deal was first discussed in January when Silverman and Eric Shanks, DirecTV vice president of entertainment, met up at the Sundance Film Festival.

"I'm a fan of the show," Shanks said, "and that was one reason why I was happy to be in a position to help it continue." And he had done business with Universal Media Studios, the network's production arm. A year ago, he acquired "Passions" for an exclusive season-long run after that daytime drama was canceled by NBC.

"Friday Night Lights" will be available to DirecTV subscribers on its entertainment channel, The 101. And while the deal is for one year only, both Silverman and Shanks said it might extend go that.

"I'm so enamored with the quality of the product that I really haven't set any particular ratings goals or subscriber goals for it," Shanks said.

Filmed in Austin, the series depicts a small Texas town unified by its high school football team, the Dillon Panthers. Kyle Chandler heads up the large ensemble cast as Coach Eric Taylor, whose never-say-die spirit seems to have served the series well since it premiered in September 2006 to ecstatic reviews but lackluster numbers. Despite its acclaim (including a Peabody award), an active fan community and continued expressions of support by NBC, the show seemed to live from week to week.

Until now.

"It's really reassuring to have a known quantity of episodes, and not have any question marks," said Katims, who now has a guaranteed season with which to work. "I think that will really energize our storytelling. I'm hoping to get the writers into a room within the next 48 hours." Production should resume in July.

But that will only be the start, said Katherine Pope, president of Universal Media Studios.

"We aren't just trying to keep the patient on life support for another season," she said. "This is about bringing the show to the next level, in quality and acceptance. This is about exploding the show! You think the show has been brilliant these past two seasons? This is going to be the best season yet!"

___

NBC and Universal Media Studios are owned by the General Electric Co.

___

On the Net:

http://www.nbc.com/Friday_Night_Lights/

http://www.directv.com

http://www.SaveFridayNightLights.tv

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080402/ap_en_tv/tv_nbc_new_season

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2008, 05:44:12 AM »
Ahhh...sweet relief!  That is sooo great how they've worked it out for FNL to continue and even draw a larger audience eventually.  Now, I wish I had Direct TV to get a jumpstart on Seas3!  That's ok, as long as it returns in 2009.  All great things are worth waiting for!
Thanks for posting that info and the links. 

Also, CONGRATS on your 8000th post, Mama!   :wohoo:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »
I know I don't have any cable or anything - I want the one with Sunday Ticket but that is Dish I think (we have the dish part on our house from awhile back but need to get it installed and get the box). But it will be good to have something to watch come January - after the Holidays and stuff :lol3:

BTW I forgot to answer you before, im doing good. Just tired alot but can't sleep.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »
Season 3 starts tonight on cable... I believe direct tv.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »
Season 3 starts tonight on cable... I believe direct tv.
No kidding?  I had no idea there was going to be a Seas3!  I have cable (50 channels), but not direct tv.  My cable is thru this small town's little phone company!  Gee, I wish it was on one of my channels.

So how are you Mama?  And the babe?  How is he doing?  Hope great!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »
Oh and thank you for the heads up. :tup:  I'll scan thru my channels to see if I can find it....