Author Topic: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer  (Read 142505 times)

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
Hi Realshowfan

How are you? Thanks for your post. Can I please clarify what you mean? Changes to the show or..??

It's very nice to meet you!
 ;D

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Solving the Plastic Vortex
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
Hi everyone!

The weather was just getting warmer but it's cold again in HK. My seedlings were growing quite well, but most of them have drowned in the pouring overnight rains. The weather is becoming more and more unpredictable.

Remember the video link I posted a few weeks ago about our plastic problem. I'm very proud to say that a team from both HK and SF (San Francisco) will be embarking on Project Kaisei this June to August. Their mission is to find a way to capture the growing remains of plastics we dump into the oceans, and recycle the waste into diesel fuel.

I know these are challenging times, but if you can spare a few dollars, please make a donation for the expedition because we need to find the solution FAST.

From the results of this 70 day expedition this summer, if successful, the team will carry out an 18-month plan to clean up the plastic vortex of 4 million tons of plastic, about 1,000 times the size of Hong Kong!!!!

Or this handy weblink from Nat Geographic on how to live greener lives http://www.thegreenguide.com/strangedays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsmUJABdWw

The Mission

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:00:58 AM by realisophie »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2009, 03:25:59 AM »
To your life and relationship with Aurelia. :D

Oh yeah, the weather here is so unpredictable. There are more foggy days now, and temperatures change each day. -_-

Oh and one more question! :)

When did you realize you were so far away from the other teams? And do you feel shocked when going to the Okere Falls in Rotorua, just to find youselves eliminated?
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2009, 12:26:59 AM »
Hi Realshowfan

Well lots have changed in my life... perhaps you are new to this blog.

Just to put things into perspective, TARA2 was almost 2 years ago for me.

Have a nice day! Fingers crossed that Spring and nicer weather will be here soon! Take care.

p.s. Quick answer. I can't say much about the show. But it was a terrible feeling to drive towards your elimination. No, I had already known having calculated the odds that there was no chance. No one else will ever know this feeling until you are on a reality show.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:01:46 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
EARTH HOUR 28 March 8:30-9:30pm wherever you are!
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

Please don't forget! Switch off your lights from 8:30-9:30pm this Sat, 28 March!!!

The target is 1 billion votes from around the world to send a strong message to world leaders!

Globals votes against climate change will be shared with world leaders at C.O.Ps in Copenhagen this Dec 09. This is the most crucial meeting that will decide what happens after the first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol which ends in 2012.

It doesn't matter where or who you are, you light switch is your vote. We cannot afford NOT to vote!   :tup:

2848 cities and towns in 84 countries are joining Earth Hour 2009!

Tomorrow is Earth Hour, and we now have 2848 cities and towns in 84 countries committed! From the Chatham Islands to the Arctic Sea, people from all corners of the world will turn off their lights for Earth Hour to show their concern on climate change – the first global vote for the planet!

In Hong Kong, the Hong Kong airport will switch off the non-essential lighting at HKIA Tower and Airport World Trade Centre for one hour to show their support. More than 500 companies and organizations, more than 1700 buildings are participating across Hong Kong.

Committed Supporters
Government Agencies 35
District Councils 18
Political Parties 3
Companies 451
Organizations 100
Schools 149
Buildings 1719

(As at 2009/03/26)

Lastly, set your clock/watches and do not miss the important moment (8:30pm local time on 28 Mar Sat)!

Let's black out Hong Kong skyline for a brighter future. With all your support, we shall see hope in darkness!

www.earthhour.org/about/

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:15:15 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
The miracle of life ... ...
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »
Hi Everyone

Sorry it's been TOO long...   :-[

I've had a crazy time writing paper after paper, studying for exams, writing TV commercial scripts etc etc.
Time just flies.... I wish it would slow down because I just can't get enough done, even if I didn't need sleep!

I feel somewhat confident about my school papers and exams, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! All I know is I’ve tried my best and worked harder than I can remember I did back in University.

I finally finished my last 2 papers, handed in on Friday 15 May. There’s a whole list of things to do for the coming weeks and months I have not really started on, but I think I deserve a little rewarding ‘me’ time.

All these months, I’ve been tossing around the idea of a “planned” life versus just not knowing what the future holds. I think I’ve learnt my lesson that in life, expect the unexpected. The only thing I can expect is to have changes all the time. Instead to wish things were better, I’m just going to do my best with what I have and work towards what I wish to accomplish. Then I think I would be able to live everyday happier and healthier.

I went for a routine check-up with my dive doctor just yesterday. Things don’t look so great for my lungs, which haven’t quite healed from the terrible flu I had for 3 weeks in March. My lung capacity is not in top shape, so it’s really given me a “wake up” call to exercise and also get rid of my baby-fat. As you all know, it’s just hard. I must admit I have been in the “lucky zone” being thin my whole life because of an "abnormal" metabolism rate. I love putting on the extra pounds (in some areas), which I didn't have and actually desperately needed for the race. Ironically it was hanging out with my fellow racers in Bintan eating and sleeping and playing all day long that started my “fatter phrase” ahhahahaaa…. which has continued since then...

Anyway, I wake up everyday happier and more optimistic than I can remember in a long time.
There is time now to appreciate the little things in life.

Like, at the beginning of May, I notice one of the bulbuls (a type of bird) started nesting in my tree in my little garden. So we’re been waiting for the eggs to hatch and by 14 May, they did. Now I check to see that the chicks survive the night first thing every morning when I wake up. It’s rather nerve wrecking. But the two chicks have great parents who are never too far away for too long. Watching the chicks grow up every day, it's a very special feeling. Almost like the realisation of what it means to be alive!

Today I noticed the chicks have finally opened their eyes. Here are some shots of them I took in mid-May.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing that, Sophie! :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
Hi Sophie! So glad to hear you are happy and doing well!! Are you off for the summer now??

What exactly will your new degree be in though? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Summer break!!!!
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »
Hi TaraAsia and Peach

I miss ya all!!!!
Thanks for your patience..... ;D I'll be updating more often I promise....

Yes I'm off for the summer.... finally get to do more writing ahhahha.... have to work on my thesis etc. but no more classes....
I'm studying environmental science...

:hearts:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
Hi, Sophie.

If you were able to watch all of TAR 14, what did you think about the season and the winners?

Thanks.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
HAPPY 4th July!!!
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
Hi everyone

Just wanted to wish ya all

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

I hope that under President Obama's leadership, the country and the world can regain some peace.

:hearts:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »
Hi Sophie!!!!

Glad to see you. I hope all is well!!! :waves: :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2009, 11:45:09 PM »
Thanks Sophie! Always great to hear from you!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Gorillas Murdered
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2009, 05:42:09 AM »
Hi everyone

I've been working on a United Nations Convention campaign for Persons with Disabilities in Hong Kong. It made me think a lot about human rights and how we treat people who are "different".

And a friend just posted this link to me on Facebook ...... on the murders of a long-time protected Gorilla family of 6. It was not poaching or a hunt for food, but a purely brutal execution of these animals to make a statement. Very often the park rangers risk their own lives (and at very little salary) to protect these animals from poachers.
My heart goes out to the rangers......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twiSBP6SHJw

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Dolphins in Hong Kong waters
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »
Here's a short clip of dolphins in the summer time... enjoy.... :hearts:

YYYYEEESSSS.... there are dolphins in Hong Kong, even the locals don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrktQv84qtA

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »
Sophie, do you still keep in touch with your other racers... and please tell me terri and henry are still married.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »
Here's a short clip of dolphins in the summer time... enjoy.... :hearts:

YYYYEEESSSS.... there are dolphins in Hong Kong, even the locals don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrktQv84qtA

Thanks Sophie!! Love it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #242 on: July 31, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »
How are you Sophie?? :hearts:

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Long time...
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »
Hi everyone!!!   :jumpy:

Gosh is it really October already???

Time has been running.... I'm so so so sorry I disappeared.

After I completed my dolphin research over the first half of the year..... I've been away travelling.....

First excuse, I've been living in the Australia bush with some old mates I used to work with.... so it's life to a minimal.... no phone reception, television.... just rivers, trees and campers here and there.

I had some great R&R though and time to catch up with old friends I have not seen in 7 years.... some things don't change and it's great to know I always have a home with them to go back to...

If you're in Asia and can get a copy of the adventure magazine called Action Asia.... I have a published article in there on Dolphin-watching in Hong Kong in this September issue.
Very controversial at some points.... but overall the comments have been great!! It's been a while since I got to publish a magazine article, so the 4 page spread feels really great!

Then I came back to Hong Kong and was dealing with a business take-over....hahahaha not too serious.... well my company is basically 'me'.... so I was offered a new partnership because I didn't want to sell off my business or me. So i'm still my own boss, kind of, just with a board to answer to now. It's been tough getting new clients, but I think we are off to a good start and many new breaking ideas are coming up.

This new direction has put a halt on some of my previous plans, but as they say, when in HK, go with the business flow.

School has started again too and very intense every week. I'm struggling a little and often very exhausted by the weekend..... which I need to also use for writing papers and my thesis. What can I say, it's just non-stop and I'm already looking forward to Christmas plans. But before that..... let me post some photos in the next few days... no more delays....I promise
 :groan:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »
Hi Sophie,

Glad to hear you're doing well.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »
Thanks for the update Sophie! Dolphins, the Bush, school......you are busy!!
Send us a pic or two when you can!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »
Glad to hear from you again Sophie! :hearts: Good luck with your business(es)!

Have you had time to watch TAR15? If you did, what do you think of it as of now?
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Beaches.... writing on the road..... and recently Tokyo !!!
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm sorry haven't had any good TV for some time now.... I'm been travelling a lot. I'm worried about missing a couple of classes already and I have papers due.

I have SO many travel photos.... but need some time to photoshop some of them because I took them on high res on my Canon 50D.
But here is a shot of one of the beaches I've been hanging out a few weeks ago....
I was hanging out with some common bottlenose dolphins near some of these beaches.... I will try to sort out the photos and post them soon. We were canoeing right next to the dolphins.

I've tried to come online a couple of times.... but the internet on the road has been difficult to load photos or get good connection.

Just came back from Tokyo a few days ago and the weather in Hong Kong is changing. Sawaka is mad I didn't have time to call/ see her when I was in Tokyo and Sat was her birthday.... I feel very bad, but have sent over a nice gift.

We talked about going backpacking in Europe some time back.... I love Japan! So we will try to make it happen by travelling in Japan early 2010. It's one of those fantastic countries that even the locals can spend their whole life exploring it. I love the people, the food, the language, everything!

Here is also a photo of me at a very famous temple at Asakusa in Tokyo.
I got a pretty promising fortune slip at the temple, so it really made my day! I was shocked like 80% of the fortune note read was SO close to what's been happening in the last year or more..... and the other 20% was predicted a VERY hopeful future.

Exams are round the corner and I'll fill in with more updates soon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:20:26 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Merry Christmas ;-)) xoxox
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:02 AM »
Hi everyone

This evening was my last exam for the year! Cannot believe it! I can breathe again and I'm almost done with my degree!

I'm off to Sweden for pre-Christmas celebrations with some long-time friends and then to London for New Years.

Merry Christmas everyone! Will start to blog more often.

It's the time of the year again you look back on what's happened and try to make some refreshed commitments for next year. To try to be a better person hahaha... I've had quite a year. Ups and downs, new business, a decision to make whether or not to get married. But I'm just not ready.
There's more roads to explore next year, more friends to meet, more mistakes to make ahahhahaa.....
But in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the year, and know that somehow things will just fall into place.

Thanks
Sophie
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:15:10 AM by realisophie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »
Always great to hear from you Sophie!!

Congrats on your degree!!

Have a wondeful Holiday!!

:cmastree :MC: :cmastree
RFF's Golden Rule: