Author Topic: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer  (Read 142535 times)

Offline christianpoetoe

• RFF Newbie
Re: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:47 AM »
Hei... Sophie...
wow.... i have no clue that there is a forum for TARA fans n one of the racers are the member of it :)
well , i am new here..
so let me introduce me self...
i am chris , from bali ,Indonesia..
Big fans of TAra , especially tara2 , especially again... pamela n vanessa :)
i think ur doin great sophie , but that "francefakes" really slow u down...  :groan:
i really want to hear some news from the other racers , are u still in contact with them ?

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Welcome!!!
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45:24 PM »
Hi Christian

Thanks for your note! And welcome  :waves:

Yes Im very lucky to have this blog that Peaches and Puddin created for me.... this blog is more than a year old already and it's where I write my personal thoughts, talk about life, interesting news and sometimes whatever that comes up ....

Pamela n Vanessa are doing great, they were at TARA3 finale party

I just saw Sawaka twice this year, the last time in August... we are awesome pals.... she's one of my closest friends...

Monica has moved back to HK, so we try to catch up

Last Christmas Brett and Kinar came to visit and stayed over at my place. We had a wonderful Christmas together. I love Bali... was supposed to meet brett and Kinar there in March for Kinar's birthday, but something came up. I will make plans to visit them early next year. They are awesome. Kinar is also doing a movie soon in HK, and Brett has just set up his dream sports clinic so things have been very hectic for them both....

That's all for now... I have to get back to studying for my exams...

Speak soon Christian....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:57:59 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Happy Holidays everyone
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
This year has been nothing but strange and Im really looking forward to it ending

Even with uncertainties in the New Year....

This time of year is great for self-evaluating accomplishments, goals or why you are not doing what you should be doing!

The important thing is, and I've learnt this the hard way, never sell yourself short or think you deserve anything less.

Pamper yourself... surround yourself with laughter and remember, a huge HA can banish all fears. Never stop laughing, I know it can be hard, but even if you don't have anything to laugh or smile about, just laugh for 1 minute. Okay maybe in your bedroom if you are afraid someone will think you have gone nuts, but just try laughing for 1 minute and then get out that door and be the best you can be!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:02:41 PM by realisophie »

Offline christianpoetoe

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Thx for replying sophie..
nice to meet u :)

it's good to hear news from the other tara2 racer , especially vanessa :)
i checked previous post , but it seems all pics wont open..
could u post more pic , sophie ??
yeah.... u should come to bali , take a walk at kuta beach shore , go shopping (for ladies ) , etc..
u will love bali , especially kuta... hehe...

btw , how r u ? where do u live now ?
oww.. u'r on exam right now ?
well , good luck for ur exam .... :cmas16

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »
Hi Christian,

Thanks for your note, I just read it.

Happy holidays and I hope to make it to Bali very soon!!!

:cmas27

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Its NO laughing matter....'Tis the season to rejoice....
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:38 AM »
Hi everyone

Here's an ecard I did with some friends, the idea was by Norman whom I really really respect and going to miss very very much, and yes since Im an environmentalist now, even my cards have to be eco-friendly.....

Just to remind you to laugh..... and rejoice in what you have now and what you have done this year... and what you will do in the coming year

please click on the link below, play a short interactive game.... by using your laughter (connect your microphone to your PC or use the keyboard space bar), start laughing your socks off to hit and eliminate the monsters...

http://web.me.com/normanying/hahahamas_ecard/hahahamas.html

p.s. if you like the card... feel free to forward to friends....

:cmas9

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:35:53 AM by realisophie »

Offline christianpoetoe

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »
Hehe , nice work sofie....
Merry Christmas n Happy new year...
hope u have a wonderful time...  :xmas110

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Happy New Year!!!
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2009, 10:02:18 PM »
Happy New Year!!!   :jumpy:

To be honest, I don't really feel like it's a new year! What does it really mean anyway? Perhaps a time-check to meet deadlines, set up new goals and resolutions?? Or just a date on the calendar to clean out old stuff around the house and buy new clothes?

Whatever it is, I like it for the bare fact that I think people are nicer to each other during the holidays and they play cheerful music from malls, train stations to mobile ringtones. And it's a time for me to get a new calendar book, mark out new dates, get organised, have some time to ponder and set new goals!!!  (I'm very much like Monica from 'Friends')

One of the new goals I've set is walking/ jogging 2-3 times a week and to see how my fitness level is at by the end of Feb, (plus the economic situation).... because my university is organising a trip to the base camp in Everest!!!! Yes Everest!!!! And I really want to do it. Walking in winter clothes in Hong Kong is one thing, but when you get loaded up with more gear and attire hiking up the mountain with thin air, I doubt my body will be nice to me.

Anyway.... at least it's making me walk a wonderful trail I recently discovered! All green and almost forest-like, right behind where I live, almost like a wonderland backyard I had not bothered to uncover tragically for 1 year. I even started bouldering again in a gym this week. Yes all because of the new year and new resolutions to get fit and healthy and positive, positive, positive.

On another note, here is a great video clip I chanced upon during my normal morning global surf on the information highway... it's a clip of a WHOLE Year's seasons in 40 seconds. There's another 2 min version, but I think this 40sec one is already fabulous!!! Check it out

http://eirikso.com/2008/12/27/one-year-worth-of-images-give-some-amazing-videos/

Offline booboobooboo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
We are delighted that Sophie, one of the TARA 2 racers, will be joining us for this upcoming season!

She will be sharing some video diaries and comments with us about her experiences and hopes for the future!

From her webpage:

Taking up cinema studies, filmmaking, screenwriting, Sophie studied and worked in Melbourne and Sydney for several years. Life was jam packed with film screenings, parties, or a good book. Life out of the city, she worked with kids, aboriginal communities, trained in rope courses, bush survival and even extreme sports such as rock-climbing. Travel explorations have also taken her on documentary shoots around the world in 2005 for the Discovery International Network, both as talent and filmmaker. Now living in Hong Kong, Sophie continues to write, host and explore new ideas from new inspirations.

She is from Singapore but will be representing Hong Kong in TARA 2.

Sophie was  originally scheduled to race with her friend Allan.  But when he was unable to be in the race, Sophie paired up with her former roommate Aurelia.

How did they do? Stay tuned!   

Sophie's webpage:   http://www.sophieteng.com/

wow

Offline booboobooboo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »
Hi everyone

Haahhaah....  I have this idea about doing video diaries of my journey after the show. Someone has even given me the challenge of making my dream come true in 100 days.....hahhahahha.....

Well I don't know about that.....

So I want to ask for all your help to get hits on my video diaries and share them with your friends around the world.
The more hits I can get, perhaps the more chances I'll get to make my dream of becoming a tv presenter come true. 

So hopefully you'll all keep up with my diary entries over time!!!

:hearts:    :hearts:     :hearts:      :hearts:      :hearts:

neat

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
It gets better, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Oh gosh
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2009, 01:53:52 AM »
Hi Boo(x4)....

Why do you call yourself that? ahhahahaa.... interesting....

welcome to my blog...... I'm not sure why you have reinserted previous blog entries.... are you trying to remind about the videos??? hehehehehee....

anyway.... Welcome!!!  :hearts:

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Happy Chinese New Year
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
Gosh 1 month is already gone, where did the time go???

Sorry I’ve been MIA due to some intestinal indigestion and tummy problems that has been preventing me from really enjoying the festive food. But I’m much, much better today. I even managed to walk 3km yesterday up slope and back down in record time. There's no time to get sick again, and waste precious Everest training sessions!

Life is getting very tough in Asia, as everyone starts to panic or embrace themselves over what’s going to happen in the next few months and next year.

The bad economy has also been a very good time for many to negotiate new terms e.g. talk to your landlord about lowering rent or for your employer to make you take on 2-3 (more) persons job duties in-exchange for keeping yours. There’s an excuse for everything and the lines drawn of a ‘tough life’ has been exaggerated by management so that they too can keep their jobs at the cost of everyone ‘below’.

I think that businesses in years to come will shift to self-employment or small businesses rather than to be dominated by huge corporations. Many of the good conditions I had from my previous boss is gone with his departure recently too. He has migrated back to the States. As he makes his way and fulfills his dream of taking his family to start a new life, I can’t help myself too. My dream is to get away on sea voyages and save the dolphins or do research in the name of conservation. Well, that is the hope and the reason I have gone back to school.

I had the best advice lately from a friend I met up with, just before Chinese New Year. I told him what’s been happening at work, and he also filled me in with what’s happening with other friend’s friends etc. The best advice he told me was to “not complain”. It made me realise I was pushing myself into a corner of helplessness by being consumed in all the bitterness of a handful of people who make my working life horrible, in the midst of a creative team whom I love.  There's just such a fine line between paying bills and being able to do creative work.

So new, new year resolution – Stop complaining. Be proactive and change what I want changed. I’ll probably find it tough to keep this up once I start losing sleep again. When I told this new goal to my creative partner, he said “I’ll give you a week!” Have I really been complaining that much? I guess everyone in the team has. Even our designer is leaving, although his first resignation letter was rejected.

I can’t wait to start a new beginning!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:03:42 AM by realisophie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »
Happy Lunar New Year, Sophie!
Just here to visit.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Good news!!!
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
Hi everyone

Sorry I've been quiet. I've been in battle. 
Fighting the corporate structure, a wicked new boss and a cunning MD. But it's over now, I turned (most) of the table run back on them so their scheme would then free me of my slavery work contract as of end of February!
 :jumpy:

I have to say it's been crazy dealing with all this ****  :jam:  but my team really watched my back

It's going to be so weird not seeing them everyday anymore....  :'(

But its time to move on

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Day 3: Countdown to Hell Ending
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
It's almost all over.... the real-life nightmare that is.

I can't wait.

It's not a good time to be out of work...... but I'm so excited!!! This is one of my biggest turning points in my life. It's strange but this time, I have been preparing for it, unlike previous experiences. There are so many things I want to do, and now I will soon have slightly more time to try to achieve them. First thing(s) on the agenda, SLEEP, organize my home, my wardrobe, interior decorating, gardening...... try out new recipe books for my guy who's returning from work in the middle east next week.

It's so great to be positive and looking forward to the future again!   :tup:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:14:38 PM by realisophie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
Hi Sophie!

Always glad to hear from you. Hope all is going well.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
All's well that starts well
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »
Hi TARAsia Fan!   ;D

Thanks for thinking about me. It's only been days since I've walked away from corporate life. But life seems somewhat strangely new. To be my own boss again, set my own schedules, be able to plan my day or meet up with friends and not be late as usual or have to cancel because of last minute work.

It feels great! (I won't deny that I'm terrified too because I don't know what the future holds. But if things stayed the same, the result would be the same - I don't know what the future holds. Of course I don't have to change my lifestyle, but then again who needs so much stuff anyway.)

As I'm doing my homework for this week's Economics class and doing a cost-benefit analysis, the question that keeps on popping up is, what value do you place on a human life? From survivor all the way to an hour you work overtime is an hour you have less with your loved ones.

From the images you get from Slumdog Millionaire.... to your own friends and family who have worked years of their life away for that extra buck to afford the next new gadget, car, house, vacation...... how do you place a value on 'quality of life'?
The biggest question for me is how to attain it. Quality with a capital Q. Is it okay to earn less so as to be happier and healthier? I strongly believe so, although who isn't tempted to do better?!!! I know I am.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
Hey sophie, just wonderin' if you caught the latest edition of TAR 14.. it's really good! Hope you did and share your views! :hearts:

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
TV
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »
Hi Joab & everyone

Yes I'm watching TARA14... cool season....
You know it's strange for me to watch TARA after taking part in the show, coz you realise a lot more of what's going on or might be going on... and I can't comment on them publicly if you can understand ;-))

Meanwhile, I've been watching American Idol.... some amazing competition there... I like Megan, Scott, Adam, Alexis and Anoop. I hope one of them wins...

The verdict was in last week... much to my disappointment, the trip to Everest this April is overbooked, so I can't join them anymore. I'll have to wait till Summer for the trip to Tibet, and embark from that side of the mountain. Very sad! But I will continue my training, this way there will be more time.  There's a lot more things to get done in the meantime, more updates soon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:15:29 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
The Sea of Plastics + Earth Hour
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2009, 12:11:55 AM »
The problem we will all be inheriting... let's talk trash....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7K-nq0xkWY

Don't forget this 28 March 2009 (sat) is Earth Hour. Please turn off your lights at 830pm (wherever or whatever time zone you are in) for 1 hour.

Thanks  :hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRs-7lRlPo

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TV
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2009, 06:19:34 AM »
Hi Joab & everyone

Yes I'm watching TARA14... cool season....
You know it's strange for me to watch TARA after taking part in the show, coz you realise a lot more of what's going on or might be going on... and I can't comment on them publicly if you can understand ;-))

Meanwhile, I've been watching American Idol.... some amazing competition there... I like Megan, Scott, Adam, Alexis and Anoop. I hope one of them wins...

The verdict was in last week... much to my disappointment, the trip to Everest this April is overbooked, so I can't join them anymore. I'll have to wait till Summer for the trip to Tibet, and embark from that side of the mountain. Very sad! But I will continue my training, this way there will be more time.  There's a lot more things to get done in the meantime, more updates soon.

:tup: Sophie, i forgot to mention.. fellow singaporean here! It sure does feels weird to be a singaporean representing Hong Kong while you were in TARA2 huh? :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TV
« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2009, 06:23:08 AM »

Add in Allison and we're rooting for the same people! Who's your favourite TAR 14 team for now? :)

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Blue Planet Expeditions
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2009, 05:06:19 AM »
Hi everyone

Just a short note because I'm uploading from my mobile phone.

I have to spread the word on Alexandra Cousteau's latest expedition to 5 continents in 100 days, to tell the story of our most precious resource - water. One of my film friends is on her expedition team, what a privilege!

Please go to http://www.alexandracousteau.com/

p.s. Alexandra is the great grand-daughter of famous French ocean explorer/ scientist Jacques Cousteau

***Videos are being uploaded to Youtube and Facebook. Please do search for Blue Planet Expeditions or Blue Legacy or Alexandra Cousteau

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
Hey Sophie (Hong Konger here). I have a question that just came out of my mind: What differences were there, being in TARA2, what changes were there ever since? Thanks and great to see you!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html