Author Topic: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer  (Read 142530 times)

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks Jonnal for removing the article from here. And thanks to everyone for listening to me.

If you noticed earlier blogs.... I have had to remove my writeups about each episode and made any video diaries that even said the word race in it private because they have been getting too many hits.

This morning, I checked my email and got an attachment with the reminder of our confidentiality agreement from the network. Everyone got the same email. I can't talk about race events that wasn't aired.

Oh well better to be safe than sorry..... in this case..... it's just not worth it.

The truth lives on though!

Thank-you for all your kind wishes and support!   ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:51:55 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
Here are some of the fabulous photos from my PERFECT CHRISTMAS WEEK!!!

Thanks to Brett and Kinar for a wonderful time.......we also got to catch up with Monica....... and I was so happy to spend some nice quiet times with them in REAL LIFE.....

They are my best rewards from my race experience!   :jumpy:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:32:32 AM by realisophie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »
You and Kinar look so lovely! :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
Just here to visit.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2008, 04:06:19 AM »
Looks like you had a great time! Kinar looks very different on the first picture.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Sophie! Great pictures!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ralph.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2008, 08:16:46 AM »
Great pictures.
Sorry about the Sophie-Aurelia breakup though.  :'(
 :meow:

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2008, 02:44:25 AM »
Well I've 'won' so much more beyond this bad friendship at the end of the day.....

But enough about her. She's out of my life for good and everything's been so much better, actually since the day she left my house last year. Things only got worse again when I had to contact and do the race with her. I used to pinch myself in disappointment after my original partner pulled out. Oh well, life brings you bizarre turn of events.

I've learnt a lot about the media and the meaning of "fame". I guess I sort of had a little taste of what some celebrities go through in daily life. Every little thing you do wrong is blown out of proportion, no matter how much good you did before.

I also learnt a lot about trusting my guts, NOT putting myself in situations and with people that are a PURE bad influence in my life. How to say no... and then let go by moving on in a more positive manner.

The rewards show for themselves, I've made great friends (great friends I mean we are really close not just mere race acquaintances or for putting up a front for the show or fans) in Sawaka, Monica, Brett and Kinar and this race experience will surely bond us for life!!!  Looking back, we really had a great time together in Bintan even though we disliked being couped up during that period. It's such a bizarre memory, but one that I cherish a lot. I think my REAL race experience began in Bintan with them hahahhahahahahhha....

;D

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:54:14 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2008, 02:56:36 AM »
A new video diary is coming up...

This new season is called

PLANET DIARY

:-*

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »
do you watch the remaining episode ?

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »
This is a video message from Europe.....

I've been on the road shooting. I'm sorry I could not make it to Singapore for the finale party and to celebrate with the winners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Fm0bGXjhk

Thanks for all your support for TARA2.....  :js:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_Fm0bGXjhk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_Fm0bGXjhk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

Deepest apologies....  :duno:

I have NO idea why Youtube has blocked my latest video greetings from Italy... ...  :ascared

I did not mention names or even the word 'race'...... it was more a hello message 

Oh well .... to explain.... yes I did not attend the show finale because I was still shooting in Europe and then went on holiday to snowboard in the Dolomites. It was a blast! I will post some photos next...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »
Miss you Sophie!

Sounds like you are having fun though! We'll look forward to the pics!  :hugs: :kuss: :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
Some photos from Europe....

More coming up....

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
GREAT NEWS this week....

I just got an email from Sawaka because we have been too busy lately to go online....

Sawaka is doing awesome and tells me she has gotten her songs out on itunes and part of an album release in Japan!!!!

I'm SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSoOooooooooooooooo Happy and proud of her...

Here are the details...from Sawaka..... enjoy  :-*

The good news is
A song of mine is in itunes now!!!
http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/browserRedirect?url=itms%253A%252F%252Fax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net%252FWebObjects%252FMZStore.woa%252Fwa%252FviewAlbum%253Fid%253D274171170%2526s%253D143462

And I am also singing one song in an album by Flat Three which will be released on March 19th.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Limit-Flat-Three-Calyn-arvin/dp/B0013NXCSK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1204441307&sr=8-4

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2008, 06:02:29 AM »
Congrats to Sawaka! I'm proud of her.  :jumpy: I can't wait to hear it. The song she sang at the episode they got eliminated, was very good and touching.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
WWF Ocean Summit - First time in Hong Kong
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »
Some updates …. from events I've been involved in recently....

Did you know that only 3% of the world’s oceans are left untouched?
And remember it’s a 7:3 ratio for ocean is to land mass.

On 8 March, the first WWF Ocean Summit was held for the first time in Hong Kong.

A roomful of sea lovers and professionals from all walks of life came in to discuss and give insights on how to improve the waters around Hong Kong. From a diver’s point of view, the reefs surrounding Hong Kong have a very unique geological position, with warm currents coming in from the Philippines.

Warm currents = coral reefs and fish

Therefore, not many people realize this, not even the locals, but there is a diverse range of marine life that SHOULD thrive in these waters (but sadly don’t), so diverse that Hong Kong has the potential to be a marine park or diving spot like the Great Barrier Reef! I kid you not!

You see, even with a few statutory laws imposed in Hong Kong, like many other countries, there is overfishing. There is NO law currently governing the amount or size of fish you can catch, which means once you’re in the water, you can literally fish out anything you like! Trawling is also still allowed and as catch get smaller, so do the size of the holes in the nets. This act results in more juvenile fish in the markets and when these run out, where will the fish come from then?

There is also NO law restricting the proximity of fishing boats to the coastline. Once a friend of mine really thought the rock he threw from the jetty actually landed on a ship! And until today, there is no fine and regulations for ocean violations for any shipping company or boat that pollutes the waters around Hong Kong. Come to think of it, we even litter our own sewage right into the ocean, kind of like having your backyard for a toilet ;-((

So some of these reasons and a dozen more put in-placed, we have poor visibility and marine life is unable to survive in most parts of these waters. Yes there is a marine park, but even indigenous fishermen can apply for special passes to fish and … hmmm I really wonder how many of them actually throw the “smaller” fish back into the sea?

One of the speakers at the summit gave a very interesting view of how local government officials treat environmental issues. Sometimes you feel like the various departments don’t talk to each other to verify problems. Okay from the personal experience of this speaker, he said that an official once commented to him that, “People continue to wash harmful soap chemicals into Stanley beach because it’s impossible to buy biodegradable soap in Hong Kong.” In response to that comment, the speaker said to the official, “Oh yeah, like when the transport department said the reason electric cars are not popular or recommended in Hong Kong is because they are TOO quiet. Therefore they are dangerous and can easily cause accidents!”

Some other reasons for the extinction of certain marine species in our waters are due to local culture. Years ago, the Chinese Bahaba, Sawfish and Horseshoe Crab used to thrive here. But now, you’ll only see the “saw” of the Sawfish hanging in Chinese temples, and the other two is almost unheard of or seen in this case. The Yellow Croaker, a very well-loved local fish, also disappeared 20 years ago in Hong Kong and the East China Sea.

If you checked the IUCN Red List, it’s not common to find commercial fish on this list. But the Hong Kong Grouper and Mud Grouper are on it. Wow! That’s putting Hong Kong on the map!

Talking about extinction, Hong Kong also used to have sharks in Tai O, Cheung Chau, Lamma, Junk and Tungling islands. Imagine that! And yes you guessed it, the sharks were fished to make ‘Sharks Fin soup’!!!

By this time, you’re thinking fish farms are the way to go. Well, yes and no. More commercial fisheries actually fish for smaller fish from the ocean, take it back to the fisheries to feed the bigger commercially sold fish. So the chain just continues in a tragic Catch 22. To help these fisheries even more, there is tax relief on fuel to the fishing community, resulting in too many people “chasing” over a small catch.

Instead of spending HKD100 million on artificial reefs and “restocking” on marine species, people should learn to let nature take its course. But with help along the way would be great! If only there would be complete restrictions on certain coastlines, reefs can grow and fish can finally have a haven to replenish. Regulations and compliance with FAO Code of Conduct for responsible Fisheries should be more heavily implied too. Something as simple as enforcing heavy penalties could do the trick!

Take it from me- I grew up in Singapore, where chewing gum is banned and even not flushing the toilet is a SGD500 fine. Result = clean, green, healthy city

The local authorities are often afraid of the local fishermen protesting about losing their livelihood. But if things don’t change anytime soon, ocean resources are not imperishable.

There are many things in life that can look great on the surface, like the sparkling blue waters of the ocean. But under the surface, it can be completely dead. Dig deeper and help your community today!

Support the activities of your local organizations like WWF!

P.S. all the ideas to ‘Save Our Seas’ generated from the day-long Ocean Summit is getting complied by WWF Hong Kong and soon submitted to the government. WWF will email the report to all attendees, so I’ll post up some of the ideas very soon. You can try to implement them if you have a similar problem affecting the waters where you live.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:41:17 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:55 AM »
Don't forget Sawaka's song comes out TOMORROW!!! 19 March

Here are the other titles in the album

1. Sunset Of Flames In Copacabana feat. arvin homa aya 
2. I Just Wanted To Fall In Love feat.Sawaka Kawashima  
3. Sesso Brillante feat.Misa Sugiyama 
4. Vernal Growth 
5. My Passion For Sandra feat.Hiromitsu Ohbuchi 
6. Holon On The Seashore 
7. Silhouette feat.Misa Sugiyama 
8. Acima da linha feat.Lopez 
9. Barcelona feat.Calyn Tsukishima 
10. The Angel Wears MM 
11. Wine - scarlet 
12. Sky Is The Limit feat.Misa Sugiyama 

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Urban Nomad - Underground film festival from Taiwan
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2008, 03:50:07 AM »
8 March was a busy day.... after the WWF Ocean Summit, I went to support a friend's friend's film festival. Having organised one myself last year in Europe..... I KNOW the growing pains of the business.

Urban Nomad has been running for 6 years now, low budget, but still bringing in the crowds of film-lovers all over.

This year, it's their first time in Hong Kong.

I was very lucky to meet up with one of the organisers, my friend's friend Dave Franzier. Very interesting guy with just a common love for the cinema like I do. We had a great chat a couple of days after before he went back to Taipei. I can't wait to see more of what's coming out of the local scenes there.

Back to the film screening that night.

Okay Yes the festival is based in Taiwan.... but also features works from other Asian countries. The film I watched on Sat night was made in NORTH KOREA... yes NORTH KOREA..... on a subject you wouldn't even imagine existed! It was about 4 American who defected to North Korea more than 40 years ago during the Cold War. Two are still alive.

The only reason the producer/ director was able to make this extraordinary documentary was because he also ran a travel company that runs tours in the country. The documentary is called 'Crossing the Line' and was shown to mass approvals at Sundance last year. It's a British documentary about a US Army defector James Dresnok currently living in North Korea after having defected during the 60s.

Here is the synopsis ....

Captured by the North Koreans, Dresnok became one of several American GI's to "defect" to the communist North and went on to be enormous propaganda tools to the regime of the time. This film looks back on the life of Dresnok in North Korea and his importance within that regime.

It is hard to deny that this film will have limited appeal as one does have to wonder how well known the Dresnok defection is outside of those from the US who were at a certain age in the early 1960's. I certainly knew nothing of him but was drawn to the film by the chance of learning more about the mostly inward and secretive North Korea. As such the film is quite interesting because it does give an insider's view while also having that insider being a westerner. However the film does not just use Dresnok as the way in to the country but he is the focus of the film and this is both a strength and a weakness.

More details about URBAN NOMAD can be found at

http:urbannomadfilmfest.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:05:22 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:42 AM »
On a more personal note.... I've been meeting very interesting people lately who have somewhat fueled my depleting creative drive in the last few months. To that, Im most grateful.

Until you live in a city like Hong Kong, you can never imagine how hard it is to keep up with things you love versus chasing after the dollar to pay your bills.

I choose to live in the middle. But it's a struggle for constant balance.

This month, I'm so glad it's the HK International Film Festival and I will watch films from around the world. Since I was a little girl and I'm sure it's the same for you too.... films are windows to the world unexperienced, unexplained and unexplored.... except when you can shut out your world.... and indulge in the one unravelling before you.....

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
A shocking modern dance
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »
Okay another back entry….. Nevertheless an interesting one.

On 14 March, as part of the HK Arts Festival, I went to a dance performance called Ode to Joy L.I.V.E. Orpheus and Eurydice staged by a Canadian-based dance group called Compagnie Marie Chouinard.

If you ever get the chance to watch any one of their choreographed dance performances, buy a cheap ticket and have an opened mind about what you’re about to experience.

Well, I got the cheapest ticket, but not by choice as almost all the tickets were sold out except for the first and second highest prices. I reckoned since it was more of a dance performance, a balcony seat could actually turn out to be a good bird’s eye view. And it was.

Except, well how can I put it in a truthful manner without being too critical of someone else’s art? The show was such a radical modern interpretation of what they termed “a dance performance that questions the birth of language”, it was quite hard to “swallow”.

Sounds interesting right? So I thought. How can one actually show this physically?

This info is taken from their promotional brochure.

Orpheus is the original poet. The Greek myth explores such notions as creation, loss, conscience and eternity.

A dance performance
that asks questions about the birth of language
The powers of language
Language and the scream and their links to the body
the links between language and death and how the body arises in part from its tongue
with moments of blinding illumination on the present/ past
(different times that clash), but always justly so, as a matter of course)
concrete images, as if lived in the present,
from a kind of primitive imagination,
A plunge into our human origins,
into the forces beneath language,
with tension, emotion
and very real evidence broken by flashes of humour.

By now you’re like cool! Wished I could see this. Okay first of all, I have to tell you that after the show while I was waiting for a cab to go home, some people behind me in the line started to ask one another what they thought of the performance. The one definite response was, “I hated it and it was too long!”

Yes I felt it was rather long at some parts as well, but this was not the main point. The show was actually SO good at being quite bad. Or maybe another way to put it is that it was so different, even if it’s bad, you just want to know how it ends, like with a bad movie.

Unfortunately, not many locals stayed throughout the performance, I’ll explain why in a moment. Even foreigners walked out in the middle of it or during the interval. I doubt anyone really stayed back for the question-and-answer session too.

Why was it SO bad? Well, actually it was so good in being so bad that it was good to experience it. If you know what I mean ahhahhhahaa....

The stage was pure white, very minimalist, and whatever stage props they used from time to time, I thought it was chosen with tastefulness.

The show began with the sounding of a Swiss horn, held by a male dancer who blew on it, and a female dancer on the other end who helped hold the extremely long instrument. It took me quite a few minutes before I realised this, but she was half-naked. Yes! Just a golden coloured sticker on both her nipples. At first I thought she was wearing a nude coloured tube top, but no….. nothing at all. For her bottom, it was a loose fitted navy blue cargo pants.

As many of the other dancers came on stage, the show started with a lot of screaming! Tonnes of it!

Screaming from one person, from the entire group, with the music, or with the fast erratic dance movements….. and after a hard week, it was actually very stress-relieving to witness that. I guess from how I was feeling that Friday, I could have easily joined them in voice and spirit.

At this point, I was beginning to get very curious, but it was too dark to read the program brochure. I thought to myself, “how could they get this nudity act cleared even in a country like Hong Kong”??

Remember Samantha’s sexy blond boyfriend from Sex in the City, who went full monty in his theatre scene…….. and his performance started getting audiences travelling all the way to Brooklyn? Well, this was quite the opposite. As more time passed, I think some people kind of got a little more settled to not have their eyes focused on the breasts of the half-naked women bouncing around. But for many others, the explicit sexually charged dance movements and sexual positions proved too much to comprehend. And for other really unusual costume choices on the men, they wore SUPER and I do mean SUPER platform high heels with skin-tight black shorts. The men of course all had perfect well-toned bodies, but the heels made them have hot legs too! I don’t think most women would have been able to even walk in those heels, let alone dance in them. But they created a very unusual visual sensation that’s truly hard to describe.

I have to say, some of the choreography with fast beat music was very exhilarating! From afar, I really enjoyed a few scenes that were really well choreographed. The timing was quite perfect with each of the 10 dancers. But after the interval, which gave me some time to read the backgrounds of the dancers and the woman who founded the dance group, almost half the audience seated at the balcony where I was, didn’t come back!

However in justice to the show, I thought the music was superb, it was very unusual and somehow as bizarre as the modern dance movements were, it was a good fit.

So the music started again, and the people who stayed on, I suppose either were just curious to see how it ends, got used to the nudity, or just naughty men. I was still not so comfortable with the nudity because I just couldn’t see the point in it, and even for me it’s very distracting….. but I always watch everything to the end.

Second half, three dancers came out, one of them female. They had a change of costumes and now she is wearing even less, but a golden bikini bottom, furry white leggings and a “snake-like” prop in her mouth. I think this was to represent and mimic movements of the tongue. This was even more errotic than the first costume!!! In the first half of the show, the naked women didn’t really go too close to the edge of the stage, towards the audiences, but now this female dancer actually jumped into the audience and crossed a few rows center front to the back by walking on arm rests in-between occupied seats!!!

I think at this point, the audience (close to her), didn’t really know whether or not to look at her/ the show anymore. It was very bizarre and caused quite a stir.

I’m not sure what the nudity brought to the overall meaning of the performance, but all the dancers have at least 10 years of experience in the field, having performed from circuses to dance theatres around the world. Perhaps the nudity was their way of breaking free from the human form and its restrictions.

So anyway, if I had another chance to attend the troupe’s other dance choreographies, I would go again just for the shock factor. I’m sure to be surprised! I think it was very brave the Hong Kong arts organization didn’t censor the show and I appreciated that very much.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Happy April Fools' Day!!!
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2008, 03:17:12 AM »
Happy belated Easter everyone and April Fools' Day!!!   :jumpy:

I think a day that celebrates playing pranks on one another is a great idea!

Just a day to remind you not to take life too seriously and always to have fun     :neener:

In Hong Kong, the coming of spring's perfect weather was short-lived and now the raining season starts again. Plus the wind and the cold and the rain and the cloudy atmosphere. Everyone goes around in slow motion (well sort of) and sleepy ahahahahha.....  :zzz

Write in to me if you've played a really good prank.... ahahhaha would love to hear some creativity....

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Best picture from Asian Film Awards
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
The HKIFF is now over.

I have to tell you about the best film I watched, which also won Best Picture at the Asian Film Awards. It's incredible well coordinated, especially when you're dealing with child actors. I have no idea how the director managed to coax the lead actress who is just a few years old to act so brilliantly. Or perhaps she wasn't quite acting but it's her real life. But I still think this would have taken lots of patience.

It's called Buddha Collapsed Out of Shame

Here is a synopsis of this amazing film....

The beauty and grief of present-day Afghanistan receives epic, poetic treatment from Hana Makhmalbaf, the youngest member of master director Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s remarkable family. Set in Bamian, the actual town where the Taliban’s destruction of cultural treasures sickened the world, Buddha Collapsed Out of Shame is an exotic and frightening journey into the minds of the children who live in that desolate area – and children affected by violence everywhere.

Like many Iranian filmmakers, Makhmalbaf chooses a little girl as her narrative engine. When we meet this extraordinary young creature, Baktay (Nikbakht Noruz), all she wants to do is go to the school for girls that has opened up across the river. But she must overcome Herculean obstacles to attend, starting with her family’s extreme poverty and her mother’s indifference. In one incredible sequence, she has to negotiate the purchase of the requisite pen and paper through a complex transaction involving stolen eggs. She must also traverse a no man’s land populated by a band of wild boys who delight in war games. She is “captured” by them going both ways – once as an American spy, then as a Taliban spy – and these scenes encapsulate Makhmalbaf’s thesis about how violent “liberation” refracts in a child’s mind.

The film feels extremely authentic, largely due to the stripped-down neo-realist style of the Makhmalbaf family’s projects and the fact that they cast local non-professional actors for all the roles. But this is not a documentary. The film sneakily reveals all sorts of narrative surprises and political critiques despite its simple exterior. And, as custom dictates in this kind of film, the little girl is almost too cute for words, evoking gushes of sympathy toward her numerous trials.

The film’s title comes from Hana’s father. According to her, Mohsen meant that “even a statue can be ashamed of witnessing all this violence and harshness happening to these innocent people and, therefore, collapse.” Shots of the looming emptiness in the Bamian cliff faces that once housed these serene Buddhas are indeed among the film’s most devastating moments.

The director:
Noah Cowan

Hana Makhmalbaf was born in Tehran. She has been studying cinema at her family’s Makhmalbaf Film School since she left elementary school in the second grade. She was a script supervisor and still photographer on several of her family’s films before she directed her first short, The Day My Aunt Was Ill (97). She then directed a documentary called Joy of Madness (03) about her sister Samira Makhmalbaf directing At Five in the Afternoon (03). She published a book of poetry, Visa for One Moment, in 2003. Buddha Collapsed Out of Shame (07) is her first feature film.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:18:39 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Art Auction for WWF Hong Kong
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2008, 02:25:31 AM »
Earth Day is coming and I've been wanting to put a clip together but I havent had much rest lately.

I wish to contribute something for Earth Day

So how's this idea if people out there will support me????

I did an illustration for a marine conservation ad I published for WWF Hong Kong in 2005. It's a sea turtle with a gas mask on, symbolising protection against pollution.

This was drawn in pencil. I will figure out how it'll work on ebay, but I'll put it there for auction and the proceed of the final sale will ALL go to WWF Hong Kong's marine conservation programme.

If someone really gets this drawing, it will be framed, and the presentation of the proceed to WWF HK, will also be filmed and uploaded to Youtube as usual.

Let's see what happens.....

Here its is.... The drawing is just the turtle in the center, against a WHITE background  :js:

LATEST Updates: I'm still having troubles figuring out posting and Paypal system on ebay.... so let me ask a friend for urgent help.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:31:46 AM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »
Happy Earth Day everyone!!!!   :-*

I will figure out the ebay link today for the auction if you're interested.

Pardon me.... I was previously up for more than 24 hours for work, non-stop writing etc.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Happy Earth Day! ........... Where will you be on May 10?
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »
Here's another quick note to explain why I havent done any video diaries lately.
Lack of time has been a huge factor in my life, as well as trying to get some perspective on schedules with my personal life aka the boyfriend. But most of all, I've been all over the place trying to maintain upcoming projects, maybe I'm organising the Asian film festival for the second year later this year, trying to get some underwater filmmaking happen through a very, very tough budget line etc.

But I have a few things I've made a note to myself to write once I sorted myself out better. This blog does not come in second place, but I've been needing chopsticks to hold up my eyelids lately.

I have more to tell you about Earth day, films I've watched lately and people I've met.

I have a really great photography book on East Timor I have to recommend and I'll also take a picture of the cover for you...... the author and photographer is a friend of my boyfriend's so I recently met up with him and discussed the prospects of getting on his next project. You will be overwhelmed too with awe and excitement when I tell you more.

Back to the unity of huge global projects to change the world....

You have to check out this website for Pangea Day

www.pangeaday.org

I'm so impressed  :tup:

This is a note from the team.....from one of their up-to-date newsletters

Dear Pangea Day Friend,

Pangea Day is less than one month away, and the entire world is helping to make this day a grand success. In the last month we've heard from the Royal film commission in Jordan, architects in the USA, and journalists in Italy who are going to bring Pangea Day to their communities. There is room for everyone to be involved on May 10th, whether you are attending a live Pangea Day broadcast or watching Pangea Day in your living room.

Read more to learn about how you can join our community.

All the best,

The Pangea Day Team

Attend a Live Broadcast of Pangea Day!

All around the world, people will gather together for this historic event. Will you be in Cairo, Kigali, London, Los Angeles, Mumbai, or Rio de Janeiro on May 10th?

Here's the list of the beautiful locations Pangea Day will be broadcast live from:

Cairo, Egypt
The Pyramids

Kigali, Rwanda
Jali Gardens

London, United Kingdom
Somerset House

Los Angeles, USA
Sony Pictures Studios

Mumbai, India
National Center for Performing Arts

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Morro da Urca

New Ways to Watch!

Broadcasters all over the world have signed on to carry the Pangea Day program on TV.

Canal +/Planete - France
City TV - Colombia

Current TV - USA
DigiTurk - Turkey

Globosat - Brazil
KW Networks - Mexico
Mediacorp - Singapore

Metro TV - Indonesia
MGM Networks Latin America - Latin America
TVNZ - New Zealand
OnceTV - Mexico

Rwanda TV - Rwanda
Sky Indie - UK
Star TV - 60 countries in Asia
Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation - Tanzania
TVR Televiziunea Româna - Romania
V-Me TV - US Hispanic
More broadcasters and full details will be on our website. Check back frequently for updates!

If you've never heard of this event and only now from me..... it's not too late. I'm trying to get a few friends involved too....

Host a Pangea Day Event!

There's still time

More than a thousand people around the world have signed up to host Friends of Pangea Day events on May 10, creating what Goldie Hawn has described as a "web of compassion." Join them. No event is too small to make a difference. Learn more and register on the Pangea Day website .

Extend your reach

Make your Pangea Day gathering an occasion to learn about and support positive change in the world. An event in Costa Mesa, California, for example, is aligned with Invisible Children, a charitable organization that provides education and economic opportunities to children affected by the war in Northern Uganda. Pangea Day is an opportunity to make change and engage people.

Show us where you'll be on Pangea Day!

Make a video of where you'll be on May 10 -- a park, piazza, theater, or house. In your own language, invite others to join you, ending your video message with, "May 10th, Pangea Day. I'll be there." Check out this great video from Road Trip Nation. Upload your video to the Pangea Day channel on Nokia's OviShare with a short description. Sign up for Ovi and view all Pangea Day media .