Author Topic: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer  (Read 142520 times)

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
Re: It is Realisophie! TARA 2 Racer
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2007, 08:41:04 PM »
 :cmas22  Hello Ralph!!! 

Thanks for coming to join us in this blog.  :cmas16  Welcome!  Welcome!!
Really appreciate it.

My blogs been getting quite a few visits, I guess most people just come here to read my thoughts. Really really thanks you guys and gals for all your kind ssssuuuurrrrpppppppooooorrrrrrtttttt  :kisses

I have to thank a very good friend this week too...when I was feeling swamped with work and then someone left me 2 nasty comments on my video diaries out of hundreds of hits...not both this week but I happened to just notice them on tuesday, so I was quite upset. People can have their own opinions, no worries, but it was taken out of context, it was too specific, petty and on something I think other forumers probably wouldnt even think or know about. Anyway it was my first reaction to just remove them and not read them ever again!!! Feeling more self-reflective, I started to "isolate" myself from the world, feeling sorry for myself.

So my friend came over to my house and surprised me with a little HAPPY snowman (I'll take a photo later)..... to remind me about Christmas and to be happy for all the things I did this year. And to be thankful   :cmas9

And I really am thankful because out of all the sacrifices I made, even quitting my job for the race. I really struggled when I came back from the show. That's why I started making the video diaries to motivate myself. So many things could have been a LOT worse!

Did I think I would ever succeed to become a TV presenter from them? Not really. But my friends enjoy my videos, so that's what counts for me, and also the people in this forums who have been here for me.....  :cmas27

What a crazy year it's been!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 08:48:49 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »
Sophie Diaries...

Episode 14: The nightmare I tried to make positive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0N4YElYdM

just for laughs....
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:59:03 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
Okay what do I remember about Episode 3.... gosh I've tried so hard to forget it.

IT WAS THE WORSE DAY OF MY LIFE!!!   :groan:

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:48:41 PM by realisophie »

Offline mcsr6556

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2007, 01:24:48 AM »
Hello Sophie

Don't feel bad about episode 3. you did well. considering the hindrances. 

nikita

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2007, 05:37:19 AM »
Hi Sophie! What a cutie pie of a baby!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:27 AM »
:cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50

This is so funny, Sophie. I love this! Keep us updated on what happens in each leg. You really do write well.  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »
Go Sophie ! I can't wait for your part II.  :yess:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:08:48 PM by snap-on »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2007, 05:02:01 AM »
Sophie, I know from viewing episode 3 that your part II is going to be a real hum-dinger. Bring it on.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »
Hi everyone....

Wow.... thanks for this forum to help me voice what really happened. After all it was also captured on camera. I guess some of the characters just have to be controversial and my situation started well... you all know the story by now  :cmas4

I had an awesome weekend, finally managed to get some Christmas cards and some presents to send out. I had a lovely time with a special someone and surrounded myself with good friends. Life can be simple and good.

I also am looking for a new apartment. We almost FOUND one on sat so it was really exciting but too bad it was a little TOO small to put 2 sets of diving gear and a mountain bike, probably two very soon ehhehehe
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:27:00 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »
Ready for Part II....???  :yess:

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:49:23 PM by realisophie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2007, 10:12:09 PM »
So is there a Part III?  :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2007, 10:36:54 PM »
Part III

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:50:10 PM by realisophie »

Offline bobeep

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2007, 04:00:38 AM »
Hi Sophie! Just wanted to say not to take the negative criticisms too bad. Look on the bright side, some teams have more negative comments than you do. So just ignore those people cause everyone's bound to have haters. It's interesting reading your side of the story, if I were you I would have been so annoyed at Aurelia. She sounds like one of those genuinely annoying people haha...Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the race. I wanted to ask how Marc & Rovi and Pam & Van were? Were you close to them? Which teams were close to each other? I know you and Sawaka were close, how about Daichi? Sorry about the many questions haha..

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »
Its ok man!  :cmas16

I think it makes a good team....One cheerful and bubbly while the other is focused and strong on the tasks.

I'm sure those comments were taking out of context and the editing is just to make it more of an entertainment.

Sometimes under the stress of the race and the fear of not wanting to get eliminated just take its toll on people and I think Terri( and Henry) is probably worst.

I am sure you guys are still friends at the end of the day so it should matter the most?

Offline Ralph.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2007, 12:55:31 AM »
I actually laughed out loud when I read your interesting and insightful bits about Episode 3. I already publicised this thing on a myspace forum, so i think more people will come and read this.
Do you have a myspace/facebook/friendster whatever? That's cool.
I think that it's actually the editing that made you look bad. I sympathise with you, having to deal with so much pressure.
Was the counting of money hard?

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2007, 08:10:42 AM »
Hi everyone

MILLIONS of hugs.... THANKS for all YOUR support!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for reading my blog.....

I'm SO SO SO SO SO sorry for not finishing Part IV.... the truth is out there..... everything will come to light and everything I write here.... there's footage to go with it sitting in their office.

All will be answered and revealed very soon I promise...........

Oh and I'm so sorry I don't have time to finish this blog.... means so much to me that people are bothering to read what really happened.....  I'm running back and forth filming in China as well as finishing up on existing writing jobs.... and MONICA is back in HK for Christmas. She just called me today, we have lots to catch up!!! Love Monica   :cmas17  She's just awesome!!!

Quick answer to one of the questions I saw before in earlier posts.... I'm VERY close to Sawaka, Monica and Kinar out of the girls and my main man MONEY BANKS.... hahahahh Brett calls me by my last name so my nick for him is "MONEY BANKS"!!! I'll explain more later!!!!

:cmas22
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:19:18 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:56 AM »
Part IV... the best bit to come!

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:51:03 PM by realisophie »

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
Go on Sophie......Pls tell us when you got lost to the vineyard, is TRACY still around ?   :dick

Offline Ralph.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »
Interesting! So exactly how far were you from the other teams? And how long?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »
:welcome2: to the forum, snap-on and ralphchow! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »
Interesting! So exactly how far were you from the other teams? And how long?

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:51:44 PM by realisophie »

Offline Ralph.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »
Wow, it was that long? I hope that everyone's on the same flight the next leg, so that you guys can catch up.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2007, 11:22:15 PM »
Go on Sophie......Pls tell us when you got lost to the vineyard, is TRACY still around ?   :dick

(MISSING TEXT)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:52:47 PM by realisophie »

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2007, 06:26:41 AM »
I'm on the road again....

So tired but very happy.

I just finished watching Ep 3, a friend downloaded it for me and left me a copy for my mac.

Actually I'm not as upset as I thought I was going to be.

It was such a horrible day.... starting from HK. So.... you guys know the truth.... that's all I need.

The funniest part for me was the cut when I said, It's really hard to be objective with her... then it cuts to her not knowing even what Hazard lights were. How can you drive without knowing where or what hazard lights are???  Come on, she can't blame it on her "English" yet again. She's been speaking English for at least more than 4 years constantly in Asia. That was SO funny!! That was just a taste of how ridiculous things were for me. Before she started driving, she even asked me if P was DRIVE on the automatic stick! I knew that was not caught on tape. So I was really surprised to see this footage, I thought she got away with a lot of her stupidity moments. It's just not normal being with Aurelia.

Come on give me a break.... I'm only human.

Anyway, I think it was fair they showed the part I told her she couldn't climb. You know the reasons why I pushed her so hard. We had no chance of making it unless we were one of the middle teams, we had a penalty waiting for us.

The part I said, "I would rather give up the race than to trust you again".... I was not talking about her not being able to climb, it was her DRIVING skills. I was driving most of the time, and I knew I was done by then. I was totally gone but I was so frustrated from getting lost. We both were.

When we finally got to the vineyard, I thought that was it. That's why I rushed to open the clue. I was left with no more emotions. At spookers, at first I was just playing around, looking scared for the camera because it was the ONLY emotion left in me, but they were SO good, these actors, they just did a great job. They were so good at popping out of nowhere!!! So at some points, I did jump quite a bit. But more so..... I just wanted to SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT..... FOR THE HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS..... I COULD NOT SCREAM IN THE CAR..... out of frustration of the day.... ouT of being eliminated. Even if we were 8th that day, it wouldn't have mattered.

And plus I think I'm quite intuitive to these spirituality. You know when you walk into a place, say a new apartment you can feel the vibes of a place. I'm very good with that! If only this transcended with people for me. What a skill I would have. Spookers I can tell you, is not a "clean" place for sure! It used to be a mental hospital and many died there.

Anyway, the place WAS HUGE! I was so tired, just wanted it to end. The house also had the strangest stench ever, it's like you can't breathe. I think it's from all the makeup and fabrics they used to decorate the place. You guys can't see it, but it's SO well done. I was really impressed. It had huge ballrooms, jails, surgery rooms, bodies hanging from the ceilings, butcher knives everywhere. Ghosts grabbing you and screaming so loudly in your ear.

Plus they all must have been so tired by then. We made them wait so so so long!!!! We felt really bad about it. Everyone was so so so tired. Even the crew was so "glad" to finally see us.

After shooting this last scene, we made our way back to the car. They made us hide, but I popped my head out to see how Brett & Kinar were. My heart sank. With how bad I felt that night, I can't imagine how horrible they must have felt. We still didn't know what happened to them. I popped my head up and just to check that no harm had come to them, they were both walking fine, hand in hand as always.

The whole time the next day, they were in my thoughts. I just kept wondering and wishing. I PROMISE  AT THAT TIME, I WOULD HAVE GIVEN UP 8TH PLACE TO THEM BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY DESERVED IT MORE THAN US AND THEY WOULD HAVE MADE BETTER USE OF THE 2ND CHANCE. I felt it in them.... even though I didn't know them too well then.

Brett and I recalled that night many times, wondering what really happened. This was the beginning of our friendship.

Brett is an AMAZING person, he's just the coolest guy one can ever meet or befriend. When I met his mum at the Singapore preview screening in mid-Nov, I told her what a great son she has. And I told him that if I ever am lucky enough to have a son like Brett, it would be such a blessing to be a mum. Kinar and I have quite the same quick reaction at times, so she relates to me very well. She's very lucky to have Brett, someone with a cool and calm character to be her balance. This was a BIG thing I learnt from watching and knowing them. It's a character that I see and realised in a few of my close friends and I appreciate them for being the way they are with me even more (after my race experience).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:57:35 PM by realisophie »

Offline Ralph.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »
I'm so sorry that you guys got eliminated this week. I was hoping that the husband-wife team got the boot. They quarrel so much and give out so much negative energy.
The part about the car petrol opening was funny. I couldn't imagine Aurelia not knowing how to park the car! I really sympathise with you during the race. It must be hard to race with Aurelia. But hey, at least you get some comic relief. :)