Author Topic: Jean-Robert Bellande *Second juror*  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jean-Robert Bellande *Second juror*
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:23:06 PM »
Jean-Robert
Home Town:
Las Vegas, NV
Professional Poker Player
Bio
Born in Long Island, New York, Jean-Robert Bellande considers himself to be international, as he is the son of French-speaking Haitian immigrants who raised him in Asia. Bellande is a professional poker player (his televised tournaments include the 2005 Rio Circuit Event, 2005 US Poker Championship, Ballbreakers 2005 and the 2005 World Poker Tournament's "Bad Boys of Poker"). In 2005, he was ranked the Number 6 Card Player in the world.

Bellande first made a name for himself promoting some of Los Angeles' hottest nightclubs, including the Roxbury, Tatou of Beverly Hills and the Gate. He then opened up his own Hollywood night spot, Sky Sushi, which he ran for five years. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Azusa Pacific University. He describes himself as charismatic, fun and loud. He is proudest of making it to the final table at the World Series of Poker (WSOP) Circuit Event, where he pocketed a whopping $210,000. Bellande's hobbies are playing poker, playing pool and hitting the nightclubs. His favorite sport is soccer. He enjoys playing tennis and basketball. If he could take three non-survival items with him to China, he'd bring a deck of cards, poker chips and a dealer.

Bellande currently resides in Las Vegas. His birth date is September 17, 1970

Meet Jean-Robert
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer3/play.pl?type=rm&width=480&height=360&feat=vplayer&adtype=pre&arena=video&prod=innertube&id=149065&ord=65099.0274857968
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:11:47 PM by puddin »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: Jean-Robert Bellande
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
Jean-Robert?! Ha! However, if you've seen him on the mentioned poker events, he's a great fit here.  Similar to Ashley, he might be a target for the boot if his tribe recognizes him.  I'd imagine he might be safe since he isn't that known of a star. Also he might win when it matters and lose when it doesn't.   In addition, he could obtain the immunity idol.  He is a big and rather powerful guy, so known or not, I can see him lasting at least to the jury part of the show, as his tribe would need someone like him to make it far with as much people necessary to survive the merge.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 07:10:33 PM »
Rob sits down with John Robert from Survivor China to talk about his time in China and his vote out

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-23956/TS-61959.mp3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »
“I’m Always Playing for First Place” – An Interview with Survivor: China’s Jean-Robert
by David Bloomberg -- 11/09/2007

Last week, it appeared on TV that Jaime thought she had a real immunity idol, but she told RealityNewsOnline she didn’t really believe that. This week, it appeared Jean-Robert thought he had a real immunity idol (or three). What does he have to say about that? Why did he make his move now? What big mistake does he think the others made? How does Survivor compare to poker? And who does he think has the best shot of winning it all? Jean-Robert discusses all this and more, right here!

more here--
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article7477.art&page=1