Author Topic: Gossip Girl  (Read 8619 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Gossip Girl
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:55:16 AM »
Did anyone catch the premier the other day? They say its like the OC but in NYC....first episode had lots of drama and introduced all the characters.

Main Character is from the movie Sisterhood of the Travelling pants and Accepted...she looks a bit like Helen Hunt!!!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Gossip Girl
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:45:26 PM »
I was actually going to give this tv show a try but I never watched the OC, and never cared to so I doubt I would like it.

Im into those "dorky" shows like Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven were (hey now, I was in high school when they came out and were popular). The first drama I actually liked was Friday Night Lights. LOL!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
if you like GG and 7th Heaven...try it.

The premier was actually good.  The voiceover is the main character from Veronica Mars...thats the Gossip Girl

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
if you like GG and 7th Heaven...try it.

The premier was actually good.  The voiceover is the main character from Veronica Mars...thats the Gossip Girl

Personally I can say that I like GG and 7th Heaven and thought that I would not like Gossip Girl, but I did.  I am still torn however because of several reasons, 1 I will start watching Private Practice this week and 2 Gossip Girl has the time slot of my favorite show, One Tree Hill, I am mad and the CW right now because of it. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
Sass that def. sucks. I remember last year was the last season of Gilmore Girls and it was on at one point while Friday Night Lights was on. And the CW seems to always screw with the time slots the most, imo. Most of my shows are on the CW (was 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, The Game and heck even Girlfriends I find funny at times lol).

I watched a couple episodes of Veronica Mars so maybe I will give Gossip Girl a try. I had heard that if you never read the books it wasn't worth watching. What do you think about that?

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
Sass that def. sucks. I remember last year was the last season of Gilmore Girls and it was on at one point while Friday Night Lights was on. And the CW seems to always screw with the time slots the most, imo. Most of my shows are on the CW (was 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, The Game and heck even Girlfriends I find funny at times lol).

I watched a couple episodes of Veronica Mars so maybe I will give Gossip Girl a try. I had heard that if you never read the books it wasn't worth watching. What do you think about that?

Mama I never read the books so I personally wouldn't know, but I am mad at the CW for both not being able to renew GG for another season because personally I do not think that the show ended correctly (not to mention that I feel it was set up to not be a good season because of the way that ASP left it in the hands of David Rosenthal to produce and write it with the whole Christopher story line) and because they are holding One Tree Hill for midseason. (If you haven't gotten into OTH you should try it, if you have the soap network they are showing the previous seasons of it at 5 followed by the OC at six, it started at the same time as the OC but personally I always liked it much more.)

I did find Gossip Girl interesting, but the thing that I did not like was that these kids are suppose to be in HS and 18 and I thought that they were doing way to much to be acting that way at that age, just my opinion, but I did find the show entertaining.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:28:33 PM »
I was mad at Gilmore Girls to, I heard it would've been renewed but there was so much on set fighting. Not sure how accurate that is. I think it ended WAY wrong to. But then again, I was GLAD Christopher was out of it. I didn't like him and was a huge fan of Luke lol.

I am still bitter at CW for ending Reba. They had an interview with her on the radio about it and even the actors were SURPRISED that it ended.

I do think it was time LONG AGO for 7th Heaven to end, I mean I was watching that show in middle school :-[ But I also heard of a spinoff with Lucy and Kevin ,and that would have gotten my attention. Never happened.

Sorry Ceejay to steal the Gossip Girl thread :( Im sorry, venting about CW haha.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:40:22 PM »
I think this show will be my guilty pleasure for the year.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:03 AM »
i'm not sure what night its on to be honest...i heard its on a canadian channel on tuesdays and CW on wednesdays ....sheesh i need to figure this out lol

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 07:31:38 PM »
i'm not sure what night its on to be honest...i heard its on a canadian channel on tuesdays and CW on wednesdays ....sheesh i need to figure this out lol

I can only speak for the USA because that is where I am and in the USA it is on Wednesdays at 9pm on the CW.

Mama I agree with you on everything you said above and I am also sorry for hijacking your thread, I had to get my venting out, I think that I am good for now.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
ok so i watched it at 7pm on CityTv in Toronto tonight you will see the episode tomorrow night on CW at 8pm...What a great episode...I don't want to give anything away...but I'm already wondering about next week.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Reviving this thread ya'll. I just recently became a fan. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!