Author Topic: Fantasy Survivor Game_Tribe Refaforu!  (Read 128418 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Fantasy Survivor Game_Tribe Refaforu!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 05:49:25 PM »
The boards are guessing no kidnapping but Jeff said "every episode" so you may have a shot Rudy? Whos to say your wrong?

Another reason not to change our answers? because we are usually right the first time and will kick our selves in the butts if we change them now  :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »
Yeah you're right, puddin.  They say your FIRST intinct is usually correct.  And I've found that statement is usually correct! And maybe the kidnapping will happen!  I'm not changing it...not at this late time!! no way.
Thanks for your encouragment!  :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
probably to late with this but I think the tribes are determined by what color bag or whatever that is that the monk is giving them?
I picked predetermined at 37% bonus but that was before I saw this but still don't know the correct answer  ???

How are the initial tribes seeded? (30 points)   
The tribes are predetermined
One or more Survivors make the selections
By random draw
By local Chinese leaders
Based on the results of a challenge
Some other way 
So wouldn't a monk be considered a local Chinese leader?? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »
this is my idea of a local Chinese Leader  :lol3:

Secretary of State Powell with Chinese leader Jiang Zemin in Beijing on February 24, 2003: Planning to cooperate on North Korea. (Photo: Xinhua)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
Are we SURE there is no kidnapping??

Not too late to change mine! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
Are we SURE there is no kidnapping??

Not too late to change mine! :lol:
But what if your right you know?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
I thought Rudy said there was no kidnapping?

If that is SURE then i should change something--otherwise I'm happy to take a chance for 45 big ones! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »
I wrote that the spoiler boards don't think theres a kidnapping but Jeff says there is one in every episode and to me tonight is an episode but theres one combined challenge so maybe not.
I'd probably change it up if  I were you and I had no bonus peachs  ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2007, 07:00:52 PM »
Changed with 1 minute to go--I sure hope Peih-gee doesn't get kidnapped! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2007, 07:15:44 PM »
I counted like 5 Walls, dang  :knuckles:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
I know some are already watching the show...so you already know what I dont, but re: the leader stuff.  Leader can mean top leaders like the photo above or monkish leaders!   In a monkestary, there are leaders!!  :lol:    Right?  So why couldn't a bunch of CHINESE local monk LEADERS "seed the intial tribes?!  :meow:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2007, 07:43:47 PM »
Changed with 1 minute to go--I sure hope Peih-gee doesn't get kidnapped! :lol3:
peachs, I agree w/ puddin's.  If you have no bonus, changing answers is a good idea!! :tup:  You have nothing to lose & maybe a lot to gain!!  ;D 

(hope it turned out good for ya! :yess: )
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:30:07 PM by RudyRules »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 08:06:15 PM »
who would have known Chicken could spell Ashley right :lol3:?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »
Well crud!  No one really introduced themselves so I am sure I pretty much got a big goose egg.  sorry team

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »
Come set next to me Texan sounds like we may be in the same boat anyway :groan:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »
Hi s1  :-* :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »
Well crud!  No one really introduced themselves so I am sure I pretty much got a big goose egg.  sorry team

Not a great start for me either--no water? no intros? I may have 35 but that may be all and no bonus.... :'(  unless they give credit for showing the idol and the Wall was less than 3 then that's all for me too...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cajunlady

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »
Okay folks ... I'm  new to this game so bare with me. 

When will they post the correct answers to the questions?

I missed the first half of the show (I know shame on me) so I don't know which questions I got right.   :groan:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2007, 06:54:41 PM »
:waves: Most of us may be in the same boat, Wendy!  :lol:  I picked the Introduction thing too...for Chicken.  Wasn't sure if the word 'introduction' would be the same as a confessional or not.  Do you think it would be IF the person mentons their name?  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »
Hi cajunlady! I've been waiting for the answers too..

You know that you can watch the episode online, right?

link: http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=159768&format=rm|wmv
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »

I missed the first half of the show (I know shame on me) so I don't know which questions I got right.   :groan:

It's always a mystery when this game will be scored .. sometimes the next game is up before the last game is scored  :lol:! Just keep checking the site thats the only advice I can give you cajunlady  :kuss:.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
I missed the first half of the show (I know shame on me) so I don't know which questions I got right.   :groan:
Well, speaking of "baring", cajunlady, we all have to bare with the Fantasy site Admin, sorry to say!  But maybe this season will be different, and the answers will be posted sooner than usual?  Dunno.  In the past, they were ready maybe Tues or Wed.  Sooo...we just have to be patient and play the waiting game!  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2007, 06:45:18 PM »
I was over there looking for scores and notta but saw this :

New tribe scoring for Fantasy Survivor: China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the feedback we have recieved from Fantasy Survivor players we have decided to tweak the formulas we use to calculate our tribe standings for Fantasy Survivor. Since there are a fair amount of groups/tribes that regularly play Fantasy Survivor each and every season, we decided its time to reward those loyal Fantasy Survivor players.

Many have expressed concerns on how their tribe’s scores are affected when some members on the tribe inevitably miss a week or two of selections, or more frequently, when some of the tribe members no longer play they game. When we calculated the tribe scores in previous season, we would “reset” the membership on each tribe and calculated the tribe average based on the membership at that moment in time. This allowed teams to boost their rankings by dropping weaker members, and penalized teams who recruited new players to Fantasy Survivor and included them in their tribe.

Effective this season, for every episode of Survivor that a Fantasy Survivor game is held, we will calculate a episode score for each tribe in existence at the time the episode begins to air. The tribe memberships will lock each week at the same time all picks are locked in and the tribe average score will only include the results from all players who are members of the tribe and who actually made picks for that round. Any players on the tribe that do not register picks will not count against the tribe. However, we still require tribes to have at least 10 players in order to get a full average score, and this minimum will apply on a week to week basis. For example, if a tribe has 12 members, but only 8 make predictions for an episode (i.e. 4 players miss the week) and those 8 players score a combined 850 points, the team average for that episode will be 85.0 (850/10). Had all 12 players make selections and scored 1100 total points, the team average will be 91.6 (1100/12).

The big difference now will come in how the tribe’s season totals are calculated. Once we calculate a score for each tribe for each episode, this episode for the tribe becomes permanent. Regardless of whether a player leaves a tribe, or new members joint the team later, the tribe score achieved in prior episodes will never change. A player will only be able to help (or hurt) a tribes with their prediction performance in weeks they are actually a member of that tribe. As the season progresses, we will rank all tribes based on their cumulative tribe performance by adding up the tribe scored for each episode to date.

We hope that these simple changes to our team scoring algorithm help increase the enjoyment of the game for the more competitive Fantasy Survivor tribes. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this or any other aspect of the game, feel free to contact us via this forum or via email (admin@fantasysurvivor.com).

Thanks again for playing Fantasy Survivor: China

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2007, 11:15:55 PM »
Thanks puddin!  :hugs:  I saw that too and just hadn't got around to posting it. 

I asked our math whiz s1 for her opinion on it.  With permission...her comments follow:

"This is a good change in most instances.  As long as we have at least 10 of our players making picks each week we won't be penalized in the averages.  The only "bad" part is if we have a player with really low scores that are dragging down the team average it won't help if they leave the tribe because their past scores are locked in forever.  This can also work in our favor since other teams can't start out with a lot of players and then in the final week(s) drop everyone but their 10 highest scorers and jump up in the ranks out of nowhere.  We just need to spoil well and try to influence as much as we possibly can those on our tribe that have decided not to read the spoilers."

Thanks s1!  :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:15 PM »
s1 is good  :jam: