Author Topic: Brazil Amazing Race  (Read 8716 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Brazil Amazing Race
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:23:01 AM »
 saw this posted @ sucks  :dancer:

http://www.acorridamilionaria.com.br/

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Brazil Amazing Race
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »

yeah I saw this earlier this summer when they were casting.

looking forward to another race to watch

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:51 PM »
Does anyone know if there will be a version with subtitles available? Otherwise I wouldn't really know what's going on.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:10 PM »
saw this posted @ sucks  :dancer:

http://www.acorridamilionaria.com.br/

Oh how interesting....... I love Brazil..... always wanted to go.....

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
I'm having a little trouble getting the website to work, but apparently it debuts this Sat (no word on a webcast). Also Sylvestre Campe, who's followed the teams around for almost every season (including S12, it says) has been booted up to DP, so good for him.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
^^ Oh yeah! weecama is back. That was the good 'ol day.  :waves:

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6kpmwUSuDlWn5mEl6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6kpmwUSuDlWn5mEl6</a>

download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28FZWZ6S

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:43 PM »
:touche:

Thanks banzai, that was fun to watch  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »
Don't y'all feel an overwhelming urge to start spoiling the Intro Screencaps?  :lol3: Brushing up on Portuguese?

I can resist I can resist I can resist....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
I watched the first episode, and while I can't speak a damn word.  I think they did really well.  I think I liked it better then the first episode of AR Asia episode 1, season 1 (though after that rocky first episode Asia really picked up, I like it better then several regular seasons, not ot mention the Family Edition.)

Though I do wonder if this will explore all of South America or just Brazil.

I will admit, every time I here the credits with new teams, its like a magic moment.  I just love this show.

I will watch, even with the language barrier.  But its surprising that even with almost no knowledge of the language, how universal things are, upset about cabs passing them, excitement over being the race, anger at things going wrong, losing hope at bad turns of luck.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6ICzxzZg8kYNwmEzW" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6ICzxzZg8kYNwmEzW</a>

Episode 2 preview. That's Saturday Oct. 20th, 2007

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »
I've now seen the first 3 legs of A Corrida Milionaria. It's very well produced and exciting even though I can't decipher the Portuguese except for the number of the finish. There is enough you can understand from familiarity with the Amazing Race that not knowing Portuguese is not a fatal flaw for enjoying this show.

The one constant in the first 3 legs has been the last-place finish of male/male teams. The first two were eliminated and the third was lucky to have it be a non-elimination leg. The third leg was marked by the last-place team of Eduardo and Carlos earning a Fast Forward to get first place and the first place team of Jonatas and Rafael went from first to last. There are no obvous dominant teams, so it's exciting to watch.

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
I'm from Brazil and, if you guys want, I can put some sense into it.

To tell the truth, I watch every single episode of TAR, but I couldn't watch every episode of ACM (TAR: A Corrida Milionária) but the one I watched, I kind of liked it.

The edition is still raw, looks like the firsts seasons, where they didn't really know how to edit the footage in a coerent manner. For example, I watched the one where they went to Minas Gerais and had to buy flowers to put on a local memorial gravesite and them do the roadblock (where a member of the team had to enter a mine and find a nugget of gold on the mud wall (and, if necessary, use a metal 'plate' to decant the material). This first segment was really confusion and it was not that thrilling (the edition kept focusing on the wrong misspronounce of the contestants about the next location... kind of dull). Not to say the Roadblock looked kind of set up, arranged.

For the second part, the Detour, teams had to chose between knot or run (I don't really remember the words).
Knot - They had to make 6 correct marine knots to earn the clue to the pit stop.
Run - They had to cross a paintball field without being hit to achieve a flag and the clue.

I think that's when the edition shined, You could tell who was who, who were first, who were falling behind, being frustrated and so on. In the end, the edition (like on TAR) made believe a flat tired would take the lead of Jonatas and Rafael, but they managed to get on the mat first.

I want to watch it more frequently, but the time slot is somewhat hard for me.

Where are you watching it, apskip (or any of you guys?)

(As I have said, sorry if it's hard to understand, english is not my first language)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 10:14:06 AM »
Aventus,

I am sending you a Private Message with the answer to your question. It will be clearer why when you receive it.

Please help us with as much translation of A Corrida Milionaria episodes as you can.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
It's time for some more information about A Corrida Milionaria. I have now watched 5 episodes, 4 courtesy of videos available in the public domain and one on the official Amazing Race A Corrida Milionaria website. They put up each episode as a day or Dia soon after it has been show on Saturday night in Brazil. You can access it as puddin has stated at

http://acorridamilionaria.com.br

I clicked the Videos button the first time to reach them, but didn't have to the next time.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:53 AM »
A Corrida Milionaria is now halfway through and 4 teams have been eliminated. What can we learn and who is likely to be in the Final 3?

The eliminated teams are 3 of the 4 male/male teams and one rather good female/female teams that had an off day. That leaves one male/male team, two couples, and 5 female/female teams. So, let's look at each of these groups:

Jonatas and Rafael - the one remaining male/male team and clearly the strongest, quickest and smartest team in this Amazing Race. Unfortunately as Colin and Christie can tell you that's not enough. You also have to be lucky in the final leg. They may not win, but it is quite probable that they will reach the Final 3 even though they were saved in leg 3 from last place by a non-elimination after they had car trouble.

Peri and Maristela and Jorge and Silvia - the couples differ. Peri and Maristela are a top team, always finishing near the top of the pack. Jorge and Silvia are a middling tema, always finishing in the middle of the pack. I guess Peri and Maristela and quicker and smarter. In any event, I predict that Peri and Maristela make the Final 3 and Jorge and Silvia do not.

Female/Female teams are:
Sane and Patricia
Debora and Daniela
Andrea and Luciana
Milene and Jacqueline

Of this group only Sane and Patricia have had consistent finishes near the top and I predict that they will reach the Final 3. Debora and Daniela showed a flash of brilliance in getting a relatively short distance to the pitstop ahead of 4 teams that started before they did, but other than that they have been undistinguished.

I am guessing that they will have one more non-elim or TBC before reaching the end of what I expect to be a 10 episode run(same as Amazing Race Asia 1). When the smoke clears, the Final 3 will be Jonatas and Rafael, Peri and Maristela and Sane and Patricia.

I highly recommend that you watch leg ordia 4. There were 3 remarkable turnarounds in this leg:
1. Jonatas and Rafael get from 8th place at a church to first place at a boat dock. They had to know a special route as they were quite a bit behind.
2. Debora and Daniela left the last task in 8th place but arrived at the ramp leading to the pitstop in 4th place.
3. Carlos and Eduardo left the last task in 4th place but arrived at that same ramp in last place and reached the pitstop last, resulting in their elimination.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
In the 6th leg, Andrea and Luciana had something very weird happen to them, becoming innocent victims of an armed robbery,  and they were in police custody and finished last. It was a non-elimination leg(I wonder if it was planned that way in advance) and they have a 30 minute penalty, which may or is Marked for Elimination. You Portuguese speakers can help the rest of us out by giving us a more detailed explanation of what happened to them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 07:44:01 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 04:32:57 PM »
It's been a long time since I saw an A Corrida Milionaria  episode. There were 13, but nothing after ep.6 was available after the Brzilian producers took the videos off the website, presumably in an attempt to increase sales of the complete race DVD. Once that is available I believe that individuals will post the episodes after buying the DVD.

In any event, the Final 3 of this race were Peri and Maristela, Patricia and Sane, and Jonatas and Rafael. Jorge and Sylvia were eliminated by 4 minutes in a Marked For Elimination 30 minute penalty situation. I know this because Romiger on FORT has been posting the episode results. The latest is that the race was won by Patirica and Sane, a second all-female victory.

This race went to Chile for the penultimate leg and I do not know where the final line was, but it was not in Brazil.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »
More information is now available from Romiger at FORT on the final leg of A Corrida Milionaria. Earlier in the leg an eating contest for 5 pounds of clams or seafood eliminated the favored Peri and Maristela in Puerto Montt, Chile(AR11 fans will remember that area). Then it the action moved to Dalcahue southwest of Puerto Montt and Patricia and Sane won a close victory over Jonatas and Rafael, although Jonatas had been sick the last days of the race.