Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346075 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
This has become Girlz Gone Wild with your host, Phil Keoghan, featuring puddin, Georgia Peach and mswood all showing Phil the goodz. :funny: :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2009, 11:02:01 PM »
And dammed lucky he is too! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »
No, Phil is showing his toolz. You are all showing the goodz. :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:47 PM »
 :lol: Thread gone wild!  :funny: As Joab said. Some of the women over here...man!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2009, 11:58:19 PM »
  :lol: shush you!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2009, 12:19:50 PM »

:funny: Now everyone has gone wild. :groan: :meow:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »
It's RFF After Dark where the Girlz Go Wild!
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
Phil is so good looking that a guy like me wants a piece of him too! :hearts:

CAT FIGHT WITH THE GIRLS BEGINS!! :meow: :meow: :meow:

Just kidding. :hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
I get it at 8AM, looks like! :neener:
yeah but you always miss it peach  :sucks

Phil on the Bonnie Hunt Show!

Starts about the 40 minute mark

As always with Phil and Bonnie, there is flirting...

Opens with Phil starting by sliding down the firepole, complete w/ convo (and instant replay :hearts:) of exactly where that pole went, with talk of "wrapping legs"...then mouth to mouth...you get the picture.  :fan:

Pics of Phil renewing his vows underwater, pics of the dining at the Stromboli Volcano

Shoutout to Andrea, a TARcon fan!!  :wohoo:

Oh TAR... you ask?? :lol:

Description of the Luke/Margie team, Phil loves that he was casted, thinks signing may be an advantage, footage of Luke and the cheese, shot of laughing bell ringers and the runaway cheese+fence

Description of Mark and Michael, we are going to think they are hysterical, we may pee our pants laughing! They have no fear and are huge TAR fans, ready for anything...

Big thank you to Bonnie for supporting the show

And that's all folks!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2009, 08:43:35 AM »
We love Bonnie!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
Thanks peachs!! :popcorn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »
INTERVIEW: PHIL KEOGHAN ON PUTTING THE AMAZING IN CBS'S "RACE"
By Jim Halterman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the fourteenth season of any series is usually time that last rites are being administered, CBS's "The Amazing Race" marches into Season 14 with a renewed vigor and freshness, according to longtime host Phil Keoghan. Speaking from Los Angeles, Keoghan spoke of the endurance of the competition series, how the contestants are chosen and what brings him the most joy in his host role.

Keoghan said that conscious efforts have been made this season to keep the show from growing stale. "The network really wanted to freshen everything up including the graphics and the music; all the dressing elements of the show. And that now with all the other stuff that we've always been able to keep fresh, I think it's given us something that's a premiere show like Season One out of the gate; that's how fresh it looks to me."

"The Amazing Race" has been a groundbreaking show in that it has regularly brought an eclectic group of people to each season's casts. "I've gotta tell you," Keoghan said, "to CBS's credit, they have consistently made quite radical choices with casting [but] the final say goes to Les Moonves and he has an unbelievable eye for talent and knowing what's going to work on TV." Case in point, Keoghan explained that one of the teams in the new season (Margie and Luke) is a mother and her deaf son, who doesn't read lips and will rely completely on his mother to communicate. "It would've been an easy one to shy away from them. Most people would say 'we don't want to get into too extreme a choice. It's going to be too hard for them.' But we've had an amputee, we've had a short person, we've had gay, straight, tall, short. We've had such extremes with the casting that I love being a part of it because I love that we don't shy away from any combination that works." Other contestants this season include a gay father and son, sibling lawyers and shapely blonde flight attendants, who say in the season premiere that they are ready to use their looks to get them far in the game.

While challenges may get bigger and scarier every season (in Sunday's episode, racers bungee jump off the second highest point in the world) Keoghan said there's another aspect of the challenges that appeal to him. "It's about immersing people in some aspect of culture in that place. Those to me are my favorite challenges. Milking a camel or this cheese challenge [where contestants have to carry 200 lbs of cheese down a slippery hill], which was such a huge effort. You kind of throw people something that is inherently part of the culture there... [for example,] they're in Cambodia and they have to go fishing and they have to do it the way people in Cambodia do it."

In terms of the show's popularity, Keoghan shared, "I feel like 'The Amazing Race' is kind of at a tipping point. Before, people would say 'you're that guy from that great race.' They sort of knew the face, knew the show, they'd heard about it but it hadn't gotten to that tipping point where it becomes a part of people's vernacular where it was mainstream or where it was a recognizable show to just about anyone on the street. Now, people get the name right, people have seen it, people say, 'Oh, I know that show, The Amazing Race. I love this team or I love that team.' But the thing I consistently hear from people is we just love it when you just show us the world."

The fact that the race itself literally goes around the world, Keoghan initially wanted to convey the grand scope of that fact at the starting line of the race. He revealed that at the beginning of the series, "I wanted a line that sort of encapsulated what was awaiting the teams and what was awaiting the viewers and I came up with this line. I felt like I needed something to set up the premise. I came up with this line, 'The world is waiting for you.'"

Keoghan added that it's the world that is truly the biggest appeal of the series. "Yes, we have a great show, yes, we have a great cast but what people really love about the show, one of the big pulls or draws of the show is that we're the show that is part of the world and we'll show them the world in a way that they just don't get to see anywhere else in mainstream media."

Another popular draw of the show is the testing that the various relationships go through in the course of the race. To hear Keoghan describe it, it's not just the already weak relationships that are subject to the pressures of the race. "I don't know if even some of the strongest relationships aren't going to be tested somehow during the whole journey because it is very stressful. It's hard enough to take a family trip on the weekend and go away for a camping trip. In a perfect relationship there's still going to be some tension but now you've upped the ante and you put a million dollars out there and you've got other people racing to get there before you... you really create a lot of tension, a lot of energy there that manifests itself and teams really testing their relationship."

Keoghan, who is also an author of the book "No Opportunity Wasted: Creating A List For Life," clearly finds much joy in helping people make the most out of their lives. "It's uplifting. It's invigorating. It makes people want to get out there and do things. There's something very cool about working on a show this long and being a part of something that has that kind of energy." The host also said that he's heard first hand from past contestants how the race has impacted their lives. "I stay in contact with many of the racers. They email. It's changed their lives for the better. The audience loves to see the changes that people go through and the idea that they're pushing themselves. It's a unique opportunity to work on something that actually does something positive, I think."

When asked if he ever stands on the sidelines and secretly wishes he could do the challenges that he sees play out season after season, Keoghan admitted that he's not a newbie at doing extreme challenges. "Since the age of 19, I have spent most of my career doing crazy things. I have an unofficial world record for bungee jumping where nine of us jumped off a bridge at one time. I have my reindeer skiing license, which I got in 1998... I spent three days in a nudist resort [and] I putted a golf ball across Scotland last year in four days. 107 miles. One golf club, many golf balls lost from the West coast of Scotland to the East. So I've spent my entire career doing many of the things that they do on the race."

"The Amazing Race" kicks off its latest season this Sunday at 8:00/7:00c on CBS.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20090213_amazingrace

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
Thanks peachs!! :popcorn:

That pole shot just might be Hi def, slo-mo zoom worthy! Heeeee.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
I've got it! I'll get it youtubed later this afternoon. Gosh Phil is a flirt! :luvu:

In other news, I just received my EntertainmentWeekly magazine and Phil will be blogging every Monday on EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
We're all going to be reading that blog! :jumpy: :jumpy: :yess: :yess: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »
I've got it! I'll get it youtubed later this afternoon. Gosh Phil is a flirt! :luvu:

In other news, I just received my EntertainmentWeekly magazine and Phil will be blogging every Monday on EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy:
awesome.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
Someone already has it youtubed!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2009, 01:48:46 AM »
mmmm...Cookies AND Phil!

COOKIE TIME

NZPA  Wednesday, 25 February 2009 - 7:33pm Wellington, Feb 25 NZPA - Christchurch company Cookie Time is hiring staff and taking on the US market in the depths of an economic crisis with its familiar creative marketing flourish.

The maker of individually wrapped cookies, founded in 1983 by 21-year-old student entrepreneur Michael Mayell, is teaming up with Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, who was born in Christchurch, to promote the cookies as nutritionally balanced food bars.

Mr Keoghan will launch the product in the US by biking 42 days from Los Angeles to New York, leaving late March and arriving in New York in early May.

"We firmly believe there are opportunities in every crisis," said Lincoln Booth, Cookie Time's general manager.

Cookie Time is using Air New Zealand and New Zealand logistics company Mainfreight as shippers. All of its cookies are made in Christchurch and 27 people have been added to the production line.

Cookie Time is sending its first export shipment to the US at a time when the Government is looking to the private sector to create growth and jobs.

The company has signed a distribution deal with General Nutrition Center, which puts its cookies in 1000 stores throughout the US initially, increasing to 6500 stores.

The company's One Square Meal product will be co-branded NOW, in keeping with Mr Keoghan's No Opportunity Wasted brand, for the US market.

"Taking on one of the world's largest markets in challenging economic times is a calculated risk, and a huge investment for us," Mr Booth said.

"Phil's a household name in the US, so we are very privileged to have him on board for this venture," he said.

Mr Keoghan said he has been taking One Square Meal cookies to the US by the suitcase full after first tasting them in a store in Auckland's Mission Bay.

The first order is worth $1 million, which equates to 36 tonnes of product.

"Cookie Time may be a small company, but it's got a big heart, and we see innovation and opening new channels as the best way to drive incremental growth," Mr Booth said.

http://www.guide2.co.nz/money/news/business/cookie-time-in-amazing-race-to-united-states/11/5882
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
'Amazing Race' Host To Ride Across America
February 25th, 2009 9:00am EST  Post a comment

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "The Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan is getting ready for an amazing ride: a multitasking bicycle trip across America.

Keoghan said he's cycling cross-country to encourage people to pursue a healthy life. He also intends to spotlight the battle against multiple sclerosis, a cause he's supported for several years.

Keoghan will set off from Los Angeles on March 28 and end in New York on May 9 — the day before the "Amazing Race" season finale airs on CBS, the network said Wednesday.

He plans to average 100 miles a day, and said he hopes people will join in as he passes through their area.

"I feel like where we're at in the economy, the bicycle is a pretty good solution to helping people's waistlines, wallets and the environment," Keoghan said by phone from Auckland during a visit to his native New Zealand.

"This is saying to people, look, it's time to make a choice in your life. We have way too much obesity and way too many people sitting back and not getting involved in life," he said.

The ride, sponsored by nutritional retailer GNC, also is intended to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Bike MS fundraising effort, with Keoghan attending rallies nationwide.

A member of Keoghan's family, a cousin, has the disease, a CBS spokesman said.  :'(

Keoghan's path will take him to more than 30 cities including Las Vegas; Denver; Lincoln, Neb.; Des Moines, Iowa; Chicago; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Columbus, Ohio; Pittsburgh; Washington; Baltimore; Philadelphia; and New York.

By LYNN ELBER
AP Television Writer

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/02/25/amazing_race_host_to_ride_across_america

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
heres cbs's release on it

PHIL KEOGHAN OF CBS's "THE AMAZING RACE" RIDES ACROSS AMERICA PRESENTED BY GNC LIVE WELL
Keoghan To Embark on a 40 Day, Coast-to-Coast Bike Ride Across America, Averaging 100 Miles Per Day, Covering Over 3,500 Miles Total with Pit Stops in Over 30 Cities

Phil Keoghan, host of CBS's THE AMAZING RACE, will embark on his boldest adventure yet - cycling from Los Angeles to New York - a ride that will average 100 miles per day for a total of over 3,500 miles, spanning 40 days with pit stops in over 30 different cities. 

"I fly over 400,000 miles a year and I figured it was time to stretch my legs.  I love to ride so I thought I'd see what this great country looks like up close instead of taking a bird's eye view at 30,000 feet," said Keoghan.  "In this economic climate, bike riding makes a lot of sense - it's good for your waistline and easy on your wallet."

Phil Keoghan's "Ride Across America Presented by GNC" will kickoff on March 28 in Los Angeles and end on May 9 (the day before the finale of THE AMAZING RACE 14) in New York.  Along the way, he'll attend meet and greets with supporters at local GNC stores, visit CBS affiliates, attend open-casting calls for the next installment of THE AMAZING RACE, sign copies of his best-selling book No Opportunity Wasted, and ride alongside ex-Racers and fans of THE AMAZING RACE.  He will also be participating in rallies hosted by the National MS Society to build awareness for Bike MS and the MS movement.

"All of us at GNC are extremely impressed with Phil's commitment and dedication to living a healthy lifestyle," stated Tom Dowd, Executive Vice President, Stores, Operations & Development for GNC.  "Having been fans of the 'The Amazing Race' and Phil from the first season, we recognized what a great opportunity this was to partner with him."

Phil Keoghan's "Ride Across America" includes visits to such cities as:   Las Vegas; Denver; Lincoln, Neb.; Des Moines, Iowa; Chicago; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Columbus, Ohio; Pittsburgh; Washington D.C.; Baltimore; Philadelphia and New York.  Phil's exact route will be released soon.

"We're also very excited to have the opportunity to be the sole retailer of Phil's new nutritional product, NOW OSM 'One Square Meal,' a total meal replacement that is guaranteed to be a top seller at our GNC stores," added Dowd. 

THE AMAZING RACE 14 airs Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Nice to see Phil gets CBS's stamp of approval  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »
end in New York on May 9 — the day before the "Amazing Race" season finale airs on CBS, the network said Wednesday.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
He's coming to TARCon!!!!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »
Pedal hard, Phil!! Don't be late! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
mmmmmmmmmm sweaty Phil in spandex :luvu: