Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346081 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2008, 04:36:10 AM »
This is old, but worth repeating!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/28/earlyshow/series/main677004.shtml

Stop The Excuses, Live Your Dreams
Phil Keoghan Shows You How In The Family Circle

NEW YORK, March 1, 2005
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 04:10:04 AM by RudyRules »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4345001a1860.html

Amazing Emmy winner rides in for breakfast
By REBECCA HARPER - Waikato Times | Saturday, 05 January 2008

COROMANDEL STAR: The Amazing Race presenter Phil Keoghan breakfasts with wife Louise and a friend at Umu Cafe yesterday.

Phil Keoghan was the first to arrive at his pit stop yesterday but Coromandel holidaymakers appeared oblivious to having an Emmy-winning reality TV star in their midst.

Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race in which competing couples race to complete challenges around the world, cycled the 26km from his holiday home in Matarangi to Coromandel without apparently encountering any road blocks or detours, to breakfast with his wife Louise and friends at Umu Cafe.

Keoghan and his family are based in Santa Monica, but the New Zealand-born star has been spending Christmas on the Coromandel Peninsula since 1989.

"We started coming here when Louise's family established a house here and it's become a tradition. All of the family comes," he said.

Originally from Christchurch, Keoghan said he visited New Zealand in between filming commitments up to 12 times a year.

Sporting a few blisters on his hand, Keoghan took just over an hour to cycle the windy hill to Coromandel.

"We took it easy today because we did quite a hard ride yesterday. We've also been paddle boating, which is great exercise for core strengthening and complements the cycling."

There's also been time to fit in waterskiing and wakeboarding since the family arrived on December 22. They fly out this weekend as Keoghan is about to shoot the 13th season of The Amazing Race.

At the moment he is scouting for locations.

"I got involved with the show in 2000. I'd been to 60 countries before I shot the race, so it just offered me another opportunity to continue that travel.

"It's a really amazing job and fits in perfectly with the philosophy of my book No Opportunity Wasted, which is about giving people a kick up the arse to get off the couch and do the things they've always wanted to do."

Phil scouts for locations? ???

I hear he plans to be in NYC for the finale though....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »
They are about to begin filming the 13th season?! :girly

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
As soon as Phil finds some locations! :hearts: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
LMAO i missed that part peach

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »
:luvu:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
haha, he doesn't look as clean as I'm used to seeing him on the show.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »
Helmet head! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »
aww bless him

phil is awesome

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
I have never believed that the start of AR13 is going to wait until March or April. If filmed mostly in the Southern Hemisphere, it is now high summer in South America, the southern part of Africa, Australia and New Zealand. I think there's a reasonable chance that casting is already complete. I cannot imagine Phil actually scouting locations when that job is the responsibility of Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri. They don't need Phil's help although his comments would probably be welcome. I think the route is scouted and ready to go. My bottom line is that AR13 may start immediately after Jan. 21 and it could conceivably start earlier than that if they manage extended an extended pitstop in the right place(maybe Europe) to get Phil to NYC on the 20th and back to wherever the evening of the 21st. I think that March/April talk is just a smokescreen so we are off-guard.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
I don't think it  will be starting before the finale but I agree with you and kogs that an earlier filming schedule is totally possible. And a southern route makes sense.

Eyes and ears open, everyone!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
I believe as the Writers Strike goes deeper into the season, CBS will need inventory for the May sweeps. Look for TAR13 to premiere sometime in April. Just my guess. I'll check with my TV sources in the NFL who always seem to know everything about their TV network partners before anyone else.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
Maybe it will follow BB9? :popcorn:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »
my life :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
Maybe it will follow BB9? :popcorn:
Hmmm. That's an interesting thought. Or vice versa? TAR at 8 p.m. Sunday (more of a family friendly show than BB) and BB9 at 9 p.m. That could work.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »
 :ascared

Go from office to awe-struck.
Go to the 2008 Los Angeles Times Travel & Adventure Show at the Long Beach Convention Center. It’s the West's largest travel event!

From safaris to scuba diving, wind surfing to wine tours, archeology excursions to relaxing on a pristine beach, here's where you’ll discover amazing travel destinations, attractions, activities, resorts, products, luxury goods and services and so much more.

More than 500 exhibitors. Trip giveaways. Cultural entertainment. And travel experts Rick Steves, Arthur and Pauline Frommer and Phil Keoghan of the Amazing Race and author of "No Opportunity Wasted". It’s everything you need to get far away from the every day.

Travel & Adventure Show at a Glance
February 9 - 10, 2008
Long Beach Convention Center
Travel Trade: Saturday 8 – 10 am
Public: Saturday & Sunday 10 am – 5 pm

http://www.latimes.com/extras/travelshow/

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
*Finding an excuse to go to LA in February*

And you're up late, puddin!  :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2008, 06:00:32 AM »
Thanks puddin! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »
Health, wellness expo is Saturday

Monday, January 7, 2008
Audain, who resides in Evansville, and fellow New Zealander Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race" and author of "No Opportunity Wasted," will be featured speakers.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/jan/07/health-wellness-expo-is-saturday-live-it-up/

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
Interesting! Evansville would not be an easy place to get to and back from let's say South America if AR13 started just over one week or so ago.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »
I can tell you that I do not believe AR 13 has started.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
IA with peach, while I'm sure she has good reasons to believe that I just think that if it IS going to film prior to when the application stated it would be sometime in Feburary, which could still allow it to air in March or April.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2008, 08:20:12 PM »
I can tell you that I do not believe AR 13 has started.
I'll agree with that. While Phil is helping to scout locations, I'm sure the final route has not been finalized yet which means my wish list is still in play.  ;) ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
I second as well.  I wasn't looking forward to waiting until spring for TAR12.  Then it airs earlier, which brings hope to having TAR13 air.  Now, it doesn't look like it, thus wishing they would've held it off (only because a summer run might get bumped back in favor of making up for loss time in case the strike ends).

That said, the only way TAR13 has started (or ended) is if they're doing this season with Billy Connolly or someone else that's not Phil.  Otherwise, I don't think it's started either, unless they actually figured out a way to tape TAR13 without anyone knowing.  Can't blame them, given what happened last year with knowing who placed where, but like they'd ever get away with taping without the greatest TAR detectives and people knowing about it!

I think they're close though, but it's looking like they're not getting the season done in time for this spring, as Phil has an obligation this Saturday.  Not to mention NYC next Sunday and LA early February.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »
I hope to have some Phil pictures from the Evansville event to share later today--stay tuned!

Keynote speaker Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, will be giving his view on getting the most out of life with his "No Opportunity Wasted" philosophy. Phil's keynote address will be at 11 a.m. in the auditorium, with a meet-and-greet session immediately following at the Courier & Press booth.
RFF's Golden Rule: