Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 144061 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #725 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:04 PM »
I haven't seen pants like that since the 1960s Miami Beach. Where's the light switch to turn them off?
-- theschnauzers

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #726 on: March 02, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
^^ :lol:

I did love Phil golfing in a kilt...but OMG those pants!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Here's a couple more pictures of Phil from the New Zealand Open taken from the Australian PGA web site. His pants are slightly less flamboyant.

Phil's professional partner, Richard Lee, finished tied for 4th in the tournament. I couldn't find out where the team of Richard Lee and Phil Keoghan finished as the Australian PGA site only listed the top 10 teams and Phil's team wasn't in the top 10. 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:04:03 AM by Plaidmoon »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #728 on: March 08, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #729 on: March 14, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »
Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan visits National Library of Australia

Date: March 15, 2014 - 12:09AM

The host of Amazing Race Phil Keoghan was in Canberra on Friday but without the usual cohort of backpack-toting contestants.

New Zealand-born Keoghan visited the National Library of Australia to research its H.F. Opperman collection for a documentary, according to the library’s Facebook page.

Sir Hubert Ferdinand Opperman, or "Oppy", was famous for his endurance cycling feats in the 1920s and 1930s. He later became a politician and died in 1996 aged 91.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-visits-national-library-of-australia-20140314-34sp0.html#ixzz2vxbHWUS2
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #toomanycooks
« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
I just saw this on the Canberra Times homepage and I was like "OMG I was within 5km of Phil"

I have to find him and take a photo with him.

Update: No success today:( but I hope he enjoyed his time in Canberra and tonight's fireworks on the lake and please come again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:26:45 AM by theamazingracer21 »
Survivor SJDS: Twinies #twin4win
TAR25: BEST FINAL 5 EVER. Can we just let the final 5 run the race without eliminations.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #toomanycooks
« Reply #731 on: March 14, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »
Here is the Facebook post that the National Library posted.

National Library of Australia
Yesterday at 9:11pm ·
Today The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan came in to visit the Library - researching the H.F. Opperman collection for a forthcoming documentary.
He was not the last to arrive, and will remain in the race! http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/2604354
Survivor SJDS: Twinies #twin4win
TAR25: BEST FINAL 5 EVER. Can we just let the final 5 run the race without eliminations.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »
Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan visits National Library of Australia

Date: March 15, 2014 - 12:09AM

The host of Amazing Race Phil Keoghan was in Canberra on Friday but without the usual cohort of backpack-toting contestants.

New Zealand-born Keoghan visited the National Library of Australia to research its H.F. Opperman collection for a documentary, according to the library’s Facebook page.

Sir Hubert Ferdinand Opperman, or "Oppy", was famous for his endurance cycling feats in the 1920s and 1930s. He later became a politician and died in 1996 aged 91.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-visits-national-library-of-australia-20140314-34sp0.html#ixzz2vxbHWUS2

You know you're a star when you make a trip to the library and it generates international interest.  :funny:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #733 on: March 18, 2014, 06:05:33 AM »
Phil honored with MNZM
--------------

'Amazing Race' host credits success to grandparents

Award-winning television host Phil Keoghan has credited his hard-working West Coast grandparents for his achievements.

Keoghan, 46, received his New Zealand Order of Merit insignia at an investiture ceremony at Government House in Wellington today.

"My first thought went to my grandparents. It was like a thank you to them for giving me the opportunities.

The Santa Monica-based host of the Amazing Race donned a navy Prada suit and blue tie for the occasion. He has won nine Emmys as host and producer of the show, and is also an ambassador for multiple sclerosis. Today he was formally recognised for services as a television presenter and to tourism.

"My parents came up from Christchurch and my in-laws came over from Sydney so that was wonderful because we all got together as a family last night," he said.

Keoghan, who grew up in Lincoln, said he had strong memories of the time he spent with his grandparents in Westport.

"My grandfather didn't get a chance to go school, and he became a mechanic.

"My other grandfather was a carpenter and my grandmother wasn't allowed to go to college [university] because she was a girl.

"In a way, it was kind of like a way to reflect on the opportunities I have as a result of my grandparents creating opportunities for my parents."

Before today's ceremony, Keoghan had been in Sydney for the filming of a documentary about Harry Watson - the first New Zealander to ride in the Tour de France.

He is due to fly to Auckland tomorrow then onto Los Angeles.

He was one of 25 people honoured at this morning's investiture ceremony in Wellington.

http://www.odt.co.nz/entertainment/latest-hottest/295573/amazing-race-host-credits-success-grandparents
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #734 on: March 18, 2014, 07:52:07 AM »

Phil Keoghan joins Order of Merit   

SIOBHAN DOWNES   

Last updated 14:31 18/03/2014

HONOURED: Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan has become a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit.

He's been all over the world but there's still no place quite like home for Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan.

He was in Wellington today to officially become a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit at an investiture ceremony at Government House.

Keoghan, a Cantabrian by birth who now lives in Los Angeles, was honoured for his services as a television presenter and to tourism.

His show, The Amazing Race has, has won nine Primetime Emmy Awards.

However, Keoghan said his latest honour felt "more personal" than any of those wins.

"I've got my family here, and I'm at home," he said.

"But it's also being part of that group of people who are doing extraordinary things."

Keoghan, who was in New Zealand for the New Zealand Open this month, said he tried to find "any excuse" to come home, and the ceremony was a "good one".

Among other charitable ventures, Keoghan was recognised for his work mobilising international support for his home province after the Canterbury earthquakes.

After the February 22 quake that wrecked large parts of Christchurch, he immediately flew to New Zealand to film the devastation, and later worked to boost tourism to the area.

He did the same after the Rena oil spill, lending a hand to the cleanup to draw global attention to the disaster.

Keoghan said Kiwis were "blessed" to have such a beautiful country, but from a tourism point of view, its real selling point was its people

"It's being able to go to a local pub over in the West Coast and share a beer with somebody, or eat some whitebait fritters - do something distinctly New Zealand and experience the hospitality," he said.

"I always tell people, what you'll find about New Zealanders is that they will welcome you, and that's really ultimately what separates one place from another."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/9840734/Phil-Keoghan-joins-Order-of-Merit

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #735 on: March 18, 2014, 11:28:16 PM »

By TV Guide
 Posted Mar. 18, 2014 @ 12:37 pm

Emmy award-winning actor Eric Braeden - a.k.a Victor Newman on CBS's The Young and the Restless - is joining Oscar winner Adrien Brody, Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, Olympic sprinter Carmelita Jeter, sci-fi goddess Tricia Helfer and a slew of other cool stars in the 2014 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Pro/Celebrity Race. The wildly popular annual event, set for April 12 in Long Beach, California, will benefit "Racing for Kids," a fundraising program that supports children's hospitals throughout the U.S.
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20140318/NEWS/303189979

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: May 16, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »
The Live Chat with Phil from yesterday:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2J-boyiGMSY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2J-boyiGMSY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #738 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »
Star Apps: Phil Keoghan from 'The Amazing Race'

The "Amazing Race" creator and host chats about the "All-Stars" season finale, learning to seize life, and his favorite apps.   :funny:

c|net story here   :wohoo:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #739 on: May 18, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
I'm surprise no one asked Phil about the mysterious 4th continent...

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #740 on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
Phil talks about season 25, his favorite country to visit + more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5XPlpxgpc

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: October 22, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »
Rob Cesternino and his sidekick Jessica have a 30 minute interview with Phil up on their website.

http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-race-2014-phil-keoghan-host-season-25-interview/

It's a good interview. Among other topics, Phil talks about why the show remains popular, the live stand ups this season (sounds like they continue all season), the Dentists, why he didn't go back and watch Keith and Whitney on Survivor, etc.

Custom Search