Author Topic: Amne$ia  (Read 3930 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amne$ia
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »
Dennis Miller To Host Amne$ia From Mark Burnett Productions

While Mark Burnett Productions might be best known for reality TV shows like Survivor and The Apprentice, the company has also had great success in the game show format, such as with Fox’s very successful Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?  Mark Burnett Productions is currently producing a new comedy quiz show for NBC called Amne$ia, and NBC just announced that Dennis Miller will host the show.

On Amne$ia, contestants are challenged to answer a variety of questions from their own life for money and prizes.  The show tests contestants’ memories as it reveals blasts from the contestants’ pasts.  Dennis Miller is a five-time Emmy Award-winning comedian and hosted his own talk show for nine years on HBO. 

Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President of Alternative Programming, Development and Specials at NBC Entertainment made the announcement about Miller.  "Not only is Dennis an exceptionally talented comedian, he's quick on his feet and has a great way of bringing out the comedic elements in this hilarious new game show," said Plestis.

Miller said, "I wasn't looking to host another game show but when they brought me...uh...uh...uh...what's the name of the show again? Oh yeah, 'Amnesia,' I got excited because I immediately realized it's a comedy first that just happens to be wrapped in a game show package and that allows me to be who I am."

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Amne$ia
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »
And just where are they gonna get the questions to ask the contestants?
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amne$ia
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »
And just where are they gonna get the questions to ask the contestants?

:lol: You've got me, unless the contestants are seniors then I can see there being room for error.

Until I hear more, we'll have to leave it up to Burnett he seems to have it all figured out.