Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 in the Media  (Read 87987 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 in the Media
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
Thanks for finding that peach! I thought we going to go ape**** trying to prove India  :jumpy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »
28 days? that's a week longer than we have plotted.  So does the race last 21 or 28 days?  And note that BVM says that they visited every continent except Antarctica.  So from Alaska they may hope down South America Way.  This would account for the extra miles needed to reach 50,000 and fill in the extra seven days. 

From the interview with Jason and Lorena, it sounds like they lasted more than an ep or two.  Or they are just talking in generalities, otherwise it sounds like they lasted at least half way through.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »
Heres one ---I'll youtube it and will post when its ready.

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=36095@kcnc.dayport.com

when ready:

I noticed that this was the next-to-last interview of the day for Phil so he was a bit feisty with the anchor, especially about the NEL question. Funny, though.
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2007, 09:36:41 PM »
An NG blog about Leg 1. Not much new.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
Well at least we know for sure that it is a farm that were looking for Slowhatch  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
An NG blog about Leg 1. Not much new.

Oh yes!

In the funniest part of this week's show, each team has to load bricks of peat into baskets on a donkey and convince it to walk back to the entrance of the farm.

ooops--I'm too slow! :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »
Well, I'm sure certain people expect me to comment on what was stated in the AOL article. First, let me say that the addition of India is now certain, as it comes from Elise Doganieri and I trust her geography thoroughly. Next, the statement about all the continents except Antarctica from BVM is not something I trust. I don't expect to see AR12 on either Australia or South America. Third, I don't know who Rhonda richford is, but the statement of 28 days and 50,000 miles is totally ludicrous at this point. 28 days means a finish on July 5. Do you believe that? I didn't think so. I still trust BVM's 21 days as accurate. Circling the globe at the equator means 24,000 miles. AR12 did not come close to that, but it did divert south from Europe to Africa and then back north to Europe, worth about 6,000 miles. Add in other deviations from the band between 33 degrees at LAX and Vilnius at 54 degrees and India at somehere between 8 degrees and 32 degrees and Anchorage at 61 degrees to cause the base of maybe 18,000 miles to be expanded to 30,000 miles. There is no conceivable way it could get to 50,000 miles unless they added a trip to Australia and back after reaching a West Coast city.

This knocks out Moscow, Beijing and Shanghai from consideration for the UNKOWN location. I still believe in BVM's 65%, so I think the India location will be Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, or Delhi.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
Another Linz On The Amazing Race?

The Linz family in Anderson Township will be watching "The Amazing Race" season premiere at 8 p.m. Sunday (Chs 12, 7) to see if son Tim appears on the show. He was still a St. Xavier High School student and didn't compete two years ago, when his older brothers and sister won the $1-million prize.
We might see Tim in LAX international terminal in Los Angeles, when the teams are rushing to Ireland from the Playboy Mansion starting point, says his mom, Teri.
Tim and his father, Tom, were in LAX last summer when they saw a guy with a video camera on his shoulder, and guessed correctly that the guy was from "TAR." Tom chatted with him, who told him to tell his kids hello. Later, the cameraman shot the grandfather-son team come up to Tim and ask for help, mom says. Tim, a Mount St. Joseph student, has signed a waiver to appear on TV, she says. So we'll see Sunday if Tim gets his wish and finally appears on the show....

LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dtyz87

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2007, 03:59:07 AM »
There's a bonus video posted on CBS's Innertube under TAR12. Nothing much on TAR12 but have a look. http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?cat=all&vid=&format=&auto=0
If someone could Youtube it that would be cool as I can't watch the entire thing properly.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2007, 09:33:36 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!

It is the "Amazing Ace"--a profile on Bertram--shot before AllStars...

Try this link: http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=167251&format=wmv|flv
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 02:49:08 AM »
Well tvguide.com has an interview with Lorena and Jason.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/amazing-race-preview/071102-06

and aintitcool has an email interview with Kynt and Vyxsin.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34682.

Nothing specific, just general feelings about the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:19 AM »
buddytv interview with PHIL!!!

Exclusive Interview: Phil Keoghan, Contestant on 'The Amazing Race 12'

Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.

Phil Keoghan, the Emmy Award-winning New Zealand-born television personality, will host his 12th season of The Amazing Race premiering tonight on CBS at 8pm ET/PT. BuddyTV had a chance to sit down with Phil to talk about his career, The Amazing Race, and the upcoming season. Watch the full video interview below--

Phil got involved with The Amazing Race in 2000, the same year he auditioned for Survivor, which he didn't get picked for.

- Phil was an avid traveler doing gigs all over the world, so Phil was a perfect fit for The Amazing Race.

- Phil has been doing the Race for 12 years strong and is thankful to CBS for the opportunity.

- Phil had heard about a couple of ideas about racing around the world, but what really stood out to him about The Amazing Race was the name behind the show. With Jerry Bruckheimer behind it, he knew that it would be a success. Ideas are great, but according to Phil, the more important thing is executing great ideas and he was confident that The Amazing Race had the right people involved to execute successfully.

- Phil didn't know what to expect going into the very first season, in fact, he said no one really knew what to expect and how it would turn out. Something like this had never been done before at this scale.

- Going on 12 seasons, the idea hasn't changed much in terms of the concept of the show and it's because of the consistency of the show that they've been able to generate such a loyal following. Phil does admit the pace of the show has changed, and it is a lot quicker now with the way the show is edited and cut.

- The most challenging part about his job is keeping things fresh, staying fresh and awake because production doesn't get a lot of sleep. In fact, they sleep less than the cast.

- Phil believes the show has seen so much success because of consistent quality.

- Phil loves Italy – the people, the culture, the landscape, the food, the landscape…

- He shoots 7 elements to shoot for a given show in a given period, so he must travel to all the different locations that the teams go. Time is so crunched that he doesn't have time to sight see or go shopping. Him and production needs to beat each team to the location. So there is a ton of a logistical planning that goes into timing of each stop and ensuring that he beats the teams there.

- His favorite teams are the ones that are good TV, “not necessary the ones that he'd like to go have a beer with.” At the end of the day, he realizes that they are writing a television show, and they need to choose the cast that will give them entertainment value.

-Interview conducted by Royce Yuen

video at link--
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-phil-keogh-13321.aspx

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »
More spoilers from CBS  :res:

'Laughlin' exit speeds start of new 'Race'

October 31, 2007
CBS last week mercifully pulled the plug on Viva Laughlin.
Who saw that coming? Well . . . besides anyone who remembered the similar fate that befell Steven Bochco's surreal Cop Rock in 1990. That was the last drama that thought it was a good idea to have characters arbitrarily burst into song and dance, and that experiment lasted only 13 weeks.

Those three months must seem like an eternity to the like-minded minds behind Viva Laughlin, which was on the air for just two episodes before CBS said enough.

But this musical mushroom cloud has a silver lining for reality TV fans: CBS is plugging that hole on Sunday nights with the 12th season of The Amazing Race (7 p.m. on CBS 4), which the network previously said wasn't going to make it on the air until 2008.

So get your pretend passports ready for some more virtual globehopping. We break down The Amazing Race by the numbers:

5 consecutive Emmys have gone to The Amazing Race, all for outstanding reality competition series.

2 episodes were axed from this season after producers did away with the nonelimination pit stops to help quicken the pace and ratchet up the suspense.

30,000 miles are covered by the winning team in this year's race.

5 countries where The Amazing Race had never been will be featured in this season's trek, including Ireland, Lithuania and Croatia. Other locales include Burkina Faso, West Africa, and Taiwan.

15 of the 22 contestants are from California.

1 all-male team, which should help level the playing field. Young all- male teams have won the past two races and five of the nine previous races (not counting the seasons that pitted families or all-stars against one another). This year's pair is a grandfather and grandson.

3 all-female teams, which include married lesbian Episcopal ministers, two sisters and a pair of blond friends from Los Angeles. No all-female team has ever won The Amazing Race.

5 teams consist of couples who are married or dating, which always increases the chances for bickering and blow-ups.

source

Bumped for peach :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
More amazing racing
This season's adventure begins in Ireland
ALEX STRACHAN, CanWest News Service
Published: 9 hours ago
The latest edition of the often exhilarating, occasionally maddening, always fascinating The Amazing Race (CBS, CTV - 8 p.m.) kicks off tonight, with the usual quarreling couples, estranged father-daughter, grandfather-grandson teams and brother-sister pairings.

It's off to a flying start. The truly nasty couples fare none too well, and the benign, easy-to-root-for couples lead the pack. Host Phil Keoghan, a life-long adventurer whose self-affirmation reality series No Opportunity Wasted has become a Wednesday-night staple for CBC, is clearly delighted by tonight's finish. The rural Ireland locations are gorgeous. For a modern, industrialized nation undergoing an economic boom, much of the countryside remains rugged and pristine, with ocean-battered cliffs and green, green meadows and fields.

There's room, too, for a cameo by Canada: the winners of tonight's leg win a free trip to Banff, Alta. after the Race, complete with a moonlight snowshoe walk on Lake Louise.
Based on tonight's opening hour, I suspect next summer's Emmy for best reality-TV series is in the bag.

source

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »
not too much new here ~

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
WOW... Royce really understands the TAR!!!  :groan:

Phil got involved with The Amazing Race in 2000, the same year he auditioned for Survivor, which he didn't get picked for.

- Phil was an avid traveler doing gigs all over the world, so Phil was a perfect fit for The Amazing Race.

- Phil has been doing the Race for 12 years strong and is thankful to CBS for the opportunity.

And I always thought that 2007 minus 2000 equaled 7 years!!!!   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »
These reporters! :lol: That would, of course, be twelve episodes! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plazagirl2003

• RFF Newbie
AMAZING RACE 12 OFF TO GREAT START SO SEE THIS!
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »
http://www.realityminute.com IS THE PLACE FOR ALL AMAZING RACE 12 FANS ... AMAZING START ... go to http://www.realityminute.com to see more!

Offline Plazagirl2003

• RFF Newbie
AMAZING RACE 12 OFF TO GREAT START SO SEE THIS!
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
AMAZING RACE http://www.realityminute.com KICKS OFF THE NEW SEASON OF http://www.realityminute.com THE AMAZING RACE FROM THE STARTING LINE AT THE PLAYBOY MANSION ON HIS POPULAR RADIO SHOW REALITY MINUTE Sets new Race Teams on an adventure of a lifetime as it spans the globe from Ireland to Croatia, traveling more than 50,00 miles crossing multiple continents in 28 days. The teams including some interesting couplings (a grandfather and grandson, father and daughter, Goth couple, L.A. Blondes and Lesbian Ministers) are in a fierce race to the finish for a shot at the million dollar prize. http://www.realityminute.com offers up favorite picks: This season my top three team picks (not necessary in any order) are: Jennifer & Nathan, Lorena & Jason, Rachel & TK. Nicolas & Donald is my wild card pick. See you all at the staring line and each week on Reality Minute for all the latest "Amazing Race" coverage. Keep up with all the latest Amazing Race coverage beginning Monday, November 5 at Noon at www.realityminute.com. "Reality Minute" is also aired live in Canada on Ara Andonian's Afternoon Drive on The River (97.5) in Kamloops, B.C. Tune Into Reality Minute Every Monday At Noon For The Latest Amazing Race Updates And Insider Information From Reality Expert Jonathan Baker! Los Angeles, November 1, 2007 -- Jonathan Baker kicks off coverage of the new season of The Amazing Race on his popular radio show Reality Minute http://www.realitymin... from the Amazing Race starting line at The Playboy Mansion. Joining him is his wife Playboy Playmate Victoria Fuller, who along with Jonathan, knows the show well as they garnered national attention on the 6th season of The Amazing Race. The new season which will span the globe from Ireland to Croatia premieres on CBS Sunday November 4 at 8PM (pt/et) and you can get all of the scoop on Reality Minute (www.realityminute.com) Monday, November 5 at noon, including live coverage from the starting line. It was very exciting to be at the starting lines of The Amazing Race at the Playboy Mansion!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
This is such good stuff and am reposting it here so that it doesn't get lost~

Amazing work on the locations here!  I've been following this thread closely and decided to make a Google Map for Amazing Race 12 based on the incredible information here.  If you're interested, head over to the Amazing Race 12 Map http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2007/11/amazing-race-12-mapping-amazing-race.html

- I'll update it during/after each episode and will try to keep it ahead by at least one episode using the info in this thread.

Thanks for the incredible information here!!!

http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2007/11/amazing-race-12-mapping-amazing-race.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
I'll add this link to MAPS! too.... :happy:

Great job cfaslave! Lots of really excellent work there and I know we'll be referring to this a lot!  Thanks!  :waves:

My only suggestion would be that you might want to reevaluate Belfast....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2007, 12:04:25 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:20:30 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »
cfaslave, you might want to make some minor corrections on the flight paths in to Shannon. You have it going through Belfast, Northern Ireland, which is not the way it happened. Flights went through either Dublin or London to connect to Shannon.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »
I'm uploading a video and its taking soooo long but heres the best part:

BVM:The monsoon in India is really going to kind of put a damper on things and kind of makes it very humorous.

thanks a lot for putting this up AFTER EP1 tvguide  :res:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:09:58 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2007, 03:31:04 PM »
"2 episodes were axed from this season after producers did away with the nonelimination pit stops to help quicken the pace and ratchet up the suspense."

I have a good idea of where those episodes were - the lost episodes in Belize and Central America or Mexico preceding Los Angeles. It can't be any other time than before July 8 because once this race is underway from LAX the schedule is absolutely crammed. There is no possibility of fitting anything else in except after Alaska.