Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**  (Read 220304 times)

Offline emmammemma

• RFF Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2007, 03:42:34 PM »
Hi Everyone, It's Emma here.

I'm so happy I could help you guys, I just wish I could have done more. I've sent a group email requesting photos from my tourmates so hopefully some of them will send georgiapeach more pics to help your cause.

I'm a fan of the original version of the show, so it was very exciting to see the Asia race being filmed. I don't think our tour manager was very impressed that we interrupted her walking tour to gawk at and take photos of the racers. But it was the highlight of our day, which is saying a lot because Prague is one wonderful city.

I'll be updating my weblog soon if any of your are interested in the rest of my non-TAR-related travels.

-Emma

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
Welcome Emma  :jumpy:! Thank you so much for sharing with us fellow Amazing Race fanatics!! :dancer:
    :hithere: :elvis: :ty3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »
 :welcome2:  Emma!  :dancer:

So glad you are here! You have helped us enormously and your excellent photos have given us so much information. What a thrill to just stumble across the race like that--I would think it would be a highlight for sure!  And so wonderful for us that you were willing to share! :happy:

I hope you'll be able to stick around now and join in all the fun as we track the racers!

We are really really pleased you came! And a great big thank you from all of us!   :yourock:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 08:30:07 PM »
Hi! All Detective of TAR/TARA ....

Great job ....

About Zab in TARA 2 production - from her husband's blog we knew that ... heard that she got invitation from Mike to be in TARA 2 -- so my guees, then she quitted job...

Then I also know she was in Project Runaway Production . She did told me - like the blog - she was very tired. There was 1 time she ping me on google talk right after she back from PR shooting. She said was too tired.
Hi CabioTAR,

Are you in the AXN-Asia MB's? I think I recognize your name from your comments to Michael McKay. I'm there as KenF.
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 09:12:57 PM »
 :ty3: Hi Emma. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for setting me straight; I sometimes make dumb assumptions, like thinking "statue" or "monument" when I should be thinking "lamppost."  :-[
(Prague trivia: there used to be oodles of these gaslamps, all designed by Eduard Vesely and all put up in 1867-68. Prague is fixing and relighting them; the Hradcany ceremony was sometime in May. Gallery here; if you navigate the site you can find good maps and satellite images; you can even find the Hradcany lamp by its shadow  :lol:).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 11:11:01 PM »
Slowhatch! You find the most amazing sites! I don't know how you do it! :lol:

Look team--it is a Jolly Green ..................Lamppost!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:07:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »
Hi! All Detective of TAR/TARA ....

Great job ....

About Zab in TARA 2 production - from her husband's blog we knew that ... heard that she got invitation from Mike to be in TARA 2 -- so my guees, then she quitted job...

Then I also know she was in Project Runaway Production . She did told me - like the blog - she was very tired. There was 1 time she ping me on google talk right after she back from PR shooting. She said was too tired.
Hi CabioTAR,

Are you in the AXN-Asia MB's? I think I recognize your name from your comments to Michael McKay. I'm there as KenF.

Yes I'am, Ken. I'm also recognized u....
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
Slowhatch! You find the most amazing sites! I don't know how you do it! :lol:

Look team--it is a Jolly Green ..................Lamppost!

wow quite big lamp post
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »
wow quite big lamp post
Here's a closeup (broadband is best); it's one of the better VR websites I've found. I don't know if it's Emma's lamp--I've found design duplicates--but it's a fun site. This is a match, though; compare the building in the background (and check out the dilapidation from just two years ago  :res:). And here's the guy that keeps it going.  :lol:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 12:38:38 AM »
wow quite big lamp post
Here's a closeup (broadband is best); it's one of the better VR websites I've found.

wow .. really nice VR site ....

I'm teaching VR too....
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »
TARA2 race is end.  :dancer:

They are entering to Post Production Stage ...
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
that;s awesome, hopefully I can watch this season from the get go.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »
Two different blogs--one dated the 13th (here) and one dated the 14th (here)--about teams and crews transiting Rotorua. No mention of which particular TAR, but I'll assume it's TARA.

New or no?
Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Amazing Encounter with the Amazing Race

A couple of days ago I found myself in the middle of a TV spectacular, by accident.

There's a TV programme called *The Amazing Race*usually filmed out of the US, where teams of two race each other around the world, following clues, and performing tasks. First home win US$1000000!!

We watch it here because of the interesting places that the teams visit, and the sights they see, and a couple of times they have been through New Zealand very briefly.

On Monday the wife and I with our two homestay students were taking a winter break and driving towards the town of Rotorua, when we took a tea stop in a town called Tirau. This town is famous for its information centre, which is a huge corrugated iron sheepdog, with an equally large sheep next door.

We stopped to fill with petrol next to the dog, and were amazed to see camera crews racing around, filming pairs of people who were also filling up identical Ford Territory cars.

Suddenly the penny dropped!! - there were the famous yellow and black clue envelopes being ripped open, and we were in the middle of the Race.

I paid for my fuel, and as I walked away one of the girls asked me some directions, so I finished up signing a waiver, and may well make a walk-on appearance in the programme - what a buzz!!

A little later we found ourselves at the Blue Lake in Rotorua, where there was a setup for one of their tasks - it'll be interesting to see what it looks like.

Special Asian edition we think - may screen around Christmas

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »
Nice puddin!  :happy:

The previous NZ info can be found in Slowhatch's post HERE and both blogs referred to tasks at Hell's Gate  Rotorua. The second blog dated July 14 let's us localize the timeframe to July 8, 9, or 10, so these dates give us new tasks and locations within the same time frame.

The best part? Is this sentence
Special Asian edition we think
  as that really helps us to be sure that this was TARA 2 and not TAR 12.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »
Way too much time on my hands peach  :lol: One of these days, maybe just maybe I'll find our race   :dancer:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
I've attached the kmz for the Tirau sheepdog. It's about a 50 km. drive from Rotorua. (I guess "the penny dropped"=the light bulb goes on  ;D)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2007, 11:08:19 PM »
 :hearts:  Well that has to be about the cutest thing ever! Sure beat's the World's largest Office Chair! :rotf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2007, 11:12:28 PM »
And it's not just the two animals. The whole town's gotten into the act. Check out this article.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »
Well, that just made my "TOP Ten Things to See/Do in NZ" list--right up there with zorbing!  :jumpy:

Thanks for the giggle, Slowhatch!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007, 11:32:32 PM »
Well, that just made my "TOP Ten Things to See/Do in NZ" list--right up there with zorbing!  :jumpy:

Thanks for the giggle, Slowhatch!

tar5 memories. too bad the twins sucked that leg

Offline randomnzer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2007, 03:47:07 AM »
Spot on Slowhatch - "The penny dropped" is a NZ phrase for "then it clicked".

If they were in Tirau, they could have possibly stopped by the Waitomo Caves (blackwater rafting, glow-worms etc.) at some point.

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
thnk u georgiapeach..im a Filipino nd im a tar fanatic..
wel my comment on dose spoilers wel,,,d producers are making us wonder if amazing race central europe and tar 12 r currently filming including tara 2.. dey make people whirling and having stars in deir minds... u know dat... im sori if my english is not fluent enuf..

(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)(:;)

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 10:46:39 PM »
guys diz is drichie aj..wel i 4got my password soi i had 2 make 1 agen..

ol of u thank u...

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 11:16:35 AM »
:hearts:  Well that has to be about the cutest thing ever! Sure beat's the World's largest Office Chair! :rotf:

agreed .. this is interesting.... and will make TARA2 interesting too
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2007, 07:43:18 PM »
A blog entry here confirming what CabioTAR mentioned earlier about the race being over; Allan Wu was spotted at a clothing-store opening on 03 Aug at Orchard road in Singapore.