Author Topic: TARA 4 EP 5 Episode and Show Discussion (Philippines) **SPOILERS**  (Read 12827 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
From Mrs Shrek's fabulous Timeline!!

Philippines

Thursday June 17

Travel: from Colombo, Sri Lanka to Manila, Philippines.
Likely to have flown via Singapore or Hong Kong, or maybe Bangkok or Beijing as possibilities.
Evidence: Sighting at Manila Airport approx 6pm,(1) and at unknown location posted at approx midnight.(2)

Friday June 18

Travel: from Manila, Philippines to Legazpi City, Albay, Philippines.(3)-(7)
Likely to have flown from MNL to LGP on either 5J 325 Dep: 06:00 Arr 06:55 or PR 277 Dep: 06:30 Arr: 07:30

Travel: to Ligñon Hill(10) to collect clue.
Evidence: Tweet.(6) Photo of clue box.(7) Image

Task Description: Do a zip-lined 'with a twist' and catch a greasy pig.(9)

Travel: to Misibis Bay.(11)
Evidence: Multiple tweets.(5)(6)(8 )
Possible Team accommodation(8 )

New Zealand

Saturday June 19

Travel: from Legazpi City, Albay, Philippines to Manila, Philippines.(1)(2)
(Speculation)

Travel: from Manila, Philippines to Christchurch, New Zealand, via Singapore.(3)(5)
Possible flight from Manila,  Philippines to Singapore MNL-SIN SQ 917  Dep 14:20 Arr 17:50
Probable flight from Singapore to Christchurch, New Zealand SIN-CHC SQ 297 Dep 19:40 Arr 09:20 (+1 day)

Sighting: 7 teams remaining at Manila airport.(4)

=====================================

Philippines

1 saw the amazing race during 6:00 pm at the airport....the have a pit stop here somewhere at manila...... Link

2 saw 2 Indian gals picked a taxi and rode off...some foreigners were taking a video of them...never knew they were one of the participants of the Amazing Race Link

3 is one of the paramedics and PA member of this upcoming famous reality TV show that will be held in Albay "___THE AMAZING RACE___" Link

4 The Amazing Race Asia dashes through Legazpi. Coming Soon! (Facebook) Link

5 Amazing Race on Legaspi Albay soon.... Confirmed at Misibis Bay....... Go legaspi go..... (Facebook) Link

6 Amazing Race Asia was here in Legazpi City last week. They went to Lignon hill, Cagsawa park and Misibis resort. (tweet) Link

7 "AMAZING RACE ASIA 2010" (i was there) @ Lignon Hill, Bogtong, Legaspi City, Albay PHILIPPINES (Facebook) Link

8 Amazing Race Asia at Missibis fir three days???wow!!! (Facebook)

9 Was not able to tell you that TARA was here. it was confidential "daw". they zip-lined with a twist and caught a greasy pig..  (tweet) Link

10 Ligñon Hill’s summit offers a breathtaking 360 degree view of the City of Legazpi, the deep blue Albay Gulf, nearby towns and islands, and of course the majestic Mayon Volcano. It is becoming one of the most popular destinations for locals and visitors alike.  Entrance to the hill is free. The hilltop is accessible through a scenic concrete road that winds up the hill offering a challenging 20 minute trek. Because of this, it has become a favorite exercise area for local joggers and fitness buffs.
From the airport: Turn right to Magayon Drive (you will pass through a private subdivision). Turn left at the junction with Bogtong Road and proceed until you reach the tennis courts, just before the gate to the Albay Wildlife Park. You may start your trek up the hill at the entrance (near the tennis courts). You can also drive your vehicle up the hill. Web

11 Misibis Bay is located on Cagraray Island. From Legazpi City, it's a 30-minute trip by fast water craft or an hour's drive along the scenic coastline.
Web
       |                               _                                                                
        \ _ /                            (  )                                                    _  _        
     -= (_) =-                       ( `  ) . )            _                                  ( `   )_      
       /   \          _  _          (_, _(  ,_)_)        -=\`\                               (    )    `)  
         |           ( `   )_                        |\ ____\_\__                          (_   (_ .  _) _)
                    (    )    `)                   -=\c`""""""" "`)                                        
                  (_   (_ .  _) _)                    `~~~~~/ /~~`             _ .                          
                                                        -==/ /               (  _ )_                        
                                                          '-'              (_  _(_ ,)                      

¸.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·.¸      
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:08:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 4 EP 5 SEpisode and Show Discussion (Phillipines)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »
**saved**
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »

Knowing the team will fly from Sri lanka, Richard and Richard's lead will be wasted on this leg as I'm sure all teams would be arriving on the same flight. If not, the flight from Manila to Albay would be it.

A Manila Bulletin article about this leg:

The Amazing Race Asia' Hits the Philippines in the Next Leg

Manila Bulletin - Friday, October 15

LEGAZPI CITY, Albay - With the majestic Mount Mayon greeting the racers upon touch down, "The Amazing Race Asia" travels to the Philippines with a pit stop here in magnificent island resort of Misibis Bay. Touted as the series' most expensive production yet, Legazpi City and Misibis Bay Resorts host the Asian version of this popular reality TV race in an effort to show the world how beautiful the Bicolandia region is.

A handful of media people were flown in to Legazpi with the two-man Philippine team of Richard Herrera and Richard Hardin (also called 'The Riches') to recreate the tasks on the race-or perhaps to torture them.

"It was one of the most physical legs [in the race]," admits Herrera. But he did say that when they found out they were going to the Philippines next, "We were very, very excited..."

"We were hoping that some part of it would be in Manila," Hardin states. The other teams, they've had home court advantage... the Malaysian teams, they both [finished first], right? We were hoping we could move around Manila. 'Cause we were pretty good in Manila, Alabang... Me and Rich (Herrera), north, south... we've been there... Makati." But the boys didn't have such luck.

Hardin, who came to the Philippines roughly six years ago to play basketball for the MBA, has traveled to several provinces before. "I've been to Mindanao, Cebu, Osamis... But Legazpi, not once..."

The Riches, as with the rest of the racers (including the other all-girl Philippine team composed of Jess James and Lani Pillinger), were faced with a Detour once they got to Misibis Bay. With two tasks to choose from, the hardy boys boldly went for the one where they could literally get down and dirty. Between the "Jig" (wherein they had to learn some dance steps to the severely LSS-inducing "Ibalong" song that told of Bicol's early epic tale of heroes) and the "Pig" (a more physically demanding task at that!), the look on the boys' faces as they relate their experience told us we're in for hours of TV fun... at their expense!

Of their choice to mud wrestle with wily pigs, Hardin kids, much to everyone's amusement, "I saw some of the ['Ibalong'] moves...It's not my style!" He adds, "I'm more of a hip-hop guy," demonstrating he's got some swag right there on his chair.

Posing a challenge to the members of the media, the Riches helped recreate their soon-to-be proudest TV moment-it certainly would go well when they watch the episode with their friends, which they often do-with a couple of press people. Indeed, the task seemed daunting, and the pigs (much smaller this time than the ones in the actual race) obviously weren't too happy.

"We kind of squeal like that on the show sometimes, too," Herrera drawls. But the real danger is in what the eyes can't see. "He was cut up from head to toe. He got pounded. He was rolling around in the mud," Herrera says of Hardin, half in jest and half with pride.

"Oh, I would say there's more than [just] mud. There's just things in the bottom of the pen... it cuts you up," Herrara adds, shaking his head. "I actually went in with shoes, but I take them off because they would get stuck." Needless to say, the clothes they were wearing then were ruined for good.

Hardin reveals that for the task, somebody rubbed what he says was vegetable oil "on our arm and our chest."

"The guy was having too much fun putting it on, too," Herrera jokes.

"The crowd was going insane," Herrera says, recalling the task. Indeed, there were about 200 people who cheered the boys on, shared Misibis Bay resort manager Ian Varona. And Herrera exclaims, "I think it was the most Tagalog that I spoke in the entire leg!" interject

At the pit stop, over by the amphitheater overlooking the sea, a short distance above the Misibis Bay resort, the racers were greeted by the ebullient Tessa Prieto-Valdez in a colorful gown of roses and a matching headdress designed by Pepsi Herrera, styled by Eldzs Mejia. A source reveals that the ever-quirky Prieto-Valdez has, in fact, become one of the production team's favorite greeters in the entire race.

While there is still a long way to go to determine the winners of "The Amazing Race Asia," the Riches could at least reveal one thing-a valuable lesson. "Keep your mouths closed," Herrera dryly says. "First hand experience... it does not taste well."

Indeed, pushing themselves to their limits, the Riches might have still made it past the Philippine leg-they wouldn't reveal anything, no matter how hard we try (bribes and plying them with alcohol do not work). Retracing the racers' path, the media also visited the Ligñon Hill Nature Park, where tourists could also go on several zip lines with a view of Mayon; as well as the Cagsawa Ruins, where tourists could visit what remains of the bell tower when Mayon erupted in 1814, burying the main church and the reported 1,200 people that sought refuge there. Cagsawa Ruins could be reached via an hour-or-so ride on All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), which the racers did-as did the media, led this time by the unstoppable Riches.

"We ran as hard as we could all the time," Herrera reveals as much of their racing strategy. "But it doesn't necessarily mean it was in the right direction... So we try not to run too far in the wrong direction."

How did the Riches fare in the Philippine leg of the race? With mouths closed, find out on Thursday, October 21 at 9pm as "The Amazing Race Asia" Season 4 airs exclusively on AXN.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:58:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 4 EP 5 Episode and Show Discussion (Phillipines) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
^^ Sorry guys, had to move everything over and couldn't without quoting your posts. If you prefer to repost your own post, please do and I will delete the quoted moveover. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
Re: TARA 4 EP 5 Episode and Show Discussion (Philippines) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
excited for this leg although i havent been to misibis bay yet.

http://www.calvinshub.com/2010/10/the-amazing-race-asia-invades-bicol-philippines/

Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Thanks Calvin!! Nice!!

Hee...I thought I posted that article yesterday but must have missed it...

here it is :
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=447001582258&id=614626402&ref=mf

And the Inquirer recap is here:

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/super/super/view/20101016-297937/Chasing-pigs-and-rocking-a-volcano
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »
teams travel to manila. Then in manila, they'll have to choose between a bus ride or a plane ride to the city if legaspi.

Then teams must find a marked jeepney.
Then travel to lignon hill.
next teams must ride a offtrack vehicle to the cagsawa ruins.
Th.en, teams must play pokpok palayok (a game where one team member blindfolded must hit a hanging pot with the guide of their partner using tamborines only.

Detour is next: jig or pig. In jig, teams must dance an intricate fiesta dance.

In pig, both team members must get a greasy pig.

Intersection followed after.

Then teams travel to misibis bay to clean the beach (and insert another caltex product placement :res:)

Roadblock: teams use a kayak To search the sea for the clue that contains the correct clue. Lame.

Pitstop: bahi beach ampitheater.
W/ the very eccentric fashionista tessa prieto as the pitstop greeter! :hearts:

Results:
1st - ethan and khairie
2nd - riches
3rd - claire and michelle

Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
4th - dimple and sun
5th - jess and lani
6th - ivan and hilda
7th - hus and nat
eliminated - sahil and manas

End of episode. The tasks are awesome, the location ia awesome. The editing and the teams sucks big time..
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »
I liked this leg, I thought that this was one of the Detours that made sense. Previous legs, there were Detours that were of stark difference in difficulties, we would have all teams choosing a certain one and none choosing the other. I thought that defeated the purpose of a Detour. But I like it that this leg, both were equally difficult. It was nice to see teams struggling with both the Jig and Pig. Don't get me wrong, I don't love seeing teams suffer, but you get what I mean.

I found the Intersection lame though. Pairing up just to clean a part of the beach? And then splitting up after that? Hmm... Just my opinion though.

I was actually dead sure that the Richards would come in first this leg due to their strength and yeah, the hometown advantage. So I was glad that Ethan and Khairie actually snug the first place. Goes to show that one can never be too smug about their hometowns! I'm glad that Manas and Sahil are gone as well. Loved it that Natasha beat out the guy (I can't remember if it's Manas or Sahil) at the Roadblock! We would've thought that a guy would dominate that challenge. So yeah, happy that Hussein and Natasha survived this leg. =)
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Not bad, Claire and Michelle! :jumpy:

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:46 PM »
sorry for the late recap. i had to catch the second showing because i had to attend a meeting.

http://www.calvinshub.com/2010/10/the-amazing-race-asia-4-episode-5/

the intersection was really bad. i feel sorry for jess and lani.
Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »
The edit, is it just me... it says 8TH TO DEPART for IVAN and Hilda, then next moment, 7TH TO DEPART for Michelle and Claire. :ascared :ascared

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 07:54:54 AM »
I find it hilarious the Claire & Michelle freaked out when they found out they're goin to the Philippines!I was hoping for Richard & Richard to be First but Oh well. Can't win them all. I don't know about you guys, but I kinda hate Ethan & Khaire. I feel bad for Jess & Lani having to wait for Ivan & Hilda (a.k.a Henri & Terri) It's kinda like Natasha & Paula waiting for Henri & Terri (S2) for a long time. I'm kinda happy that Sahil & Manas are eliminated. I don't think they're fit for the race. I'm happy the Hussein & Natasha survived the leg but I get the feeling that they will be eliminated next.

Speaking of Eliminated next, here are my predictions on the final placings...

10th Yani & Nadine
9th Alan & Wendy
8th Sahil & Manas
7th Hussein & Natasha
6th Ivan & Hilda
5th Jess & Lani/ Ethan & Khaire
4th Jess & Lani/Ethan & Khaire
3rd Sunaina & Dimple/ Claire & Michelle/ Richard & Richard
2nd Sunaina & Dimple/ Claire & Michelle/ Richard & Richard
1st Sunaina & Dimple/ Claire & Michelle/ Richard & Richard
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
next week on the amazing race:

teams travel to New Zealand for another bungee jump :es: (I think we saw this bungee jumping place before)

And teams were shown cutting logs using saws

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
You really can't predict much about final placings on TARA.. i never thought Joe Jer and Zabrina had a chance of winning. :lol:

But jps0228 you're not alone.. i don't really like Ethan and Khaire. :(

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 05:56:34 AM »
You really can't predict much about final placings on TARA.. i never thought Joe Jer and Zabrina had a chance of winning. :lol:

But jps0228 you're not alone.. i don't really like Ethan and Khaire. :(

yeah you're right winners of TARA are vey surprising! Joe Jer & Zabrina, I was rooting for them since the beggining along with the 2 Philippines team (obviously LOL!). Adrian & Collin, No surprises there, they are pretty nuch tied with Marc & Rovilson. Sam & Vince, (well, no comment)

Ethan & Khaire are like the Malaysian version of Sam & Vince. I don't know about all of you guys, when Leg 5 Started I was predicting that The Richards will be in first and Jess & Lani will be on the Top 4. When Ethan & Khaire finished the Detour I thought "Oh no! They're gonna be first!" By then, I was rooting for Claire & Michelle to be first but at the back on my mind I was thinking, C'mon! Everyone's OK to be first except for Ethan & Khaire. Hahaha!! B:) B:)
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 06:24:24 AM »
next week on the amazing race:

teams travel to New Zealand for another bungee jump :es: (I think we saw this bungee jumping place before)

And teams were shown cutting logs using saws

Switchback maybe?  :duno: :duno: