Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143725 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..
« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
What if female/female = Goths by the error we all made at the beginning.   :lol:

At least I made that error.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
What if female/female = Goths by the error we all made at the beginning.   :lol:

At least I made that error.
No Chateau  :lol:! I believe our witness said she saw a check in sheet while she was watching Rachel & TK do the zipline task and she saw the Goths were already checked off as in checked in for doing the Detour task as well as the other 2 teams in the lead with them. I don't remember the exact words she used but I bet peach does.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
So I was doing flight research, and I found that the only flight flying out/in to the Dubrovnik airport close to Florence wouldf be from Rome. However, there is one that flys directly in/out of Vilinius to Dubrovnik. I would say that it goes...

Africa/Africa - Elim. 7 Teams Remain
Africa/Lithuania - Elim. 6 Teams Remain
Lithuania/Croatia - Elim. 5 Teams Remain
Croatia/Italy - TBC. 5 Teams Remain

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2007, 03:49:39 PM »
north09, I want to see the flight numbers and times for your connections from Vilnius to Dubrovnik for July 19, which was a Thursday. I question the validity of your statement because I have run all possible connections and they just can't get to Dubrovnik in the morning as required for the actual sightings. So please provide the proof.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »
Wait, the 7 remaining teams will arrive in Lithuania (might be TBC), then they will go to Italy and might be an elimination round, after they will leave in Italy, the 6 remaining teams will go to Croatia.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2007, 08:50:47 AM »
Wait, the 7 remaining teams will arrive in Lithuania (might be TBC), then they will go to Italy and might be an elimination round, after they will leave in Italy, the 6 remaining teams will go to Croatia.
OK, Claude, I will ask you to do the same thing. Prove it with actual flight numbers and flight times and connecting cities. The leading teams have to arrive in Dubrovnik by the morning of July 19. The only way they can do that is to overnight in Zagreb airport and, working backwards, that mean departure from Florence late afternoon of July 18. The earliest teams can arrive in Vilnius is 235pm on July 16. To do the large group of tasks that we know are scheduled there, it will require until the morning of July 17. If there is a pitstop in Vilnius, your concept is dead in the water right there unless there is then a TBC in Florence. If Vilnius is a TBC, then it is barely possible that they can get to Florence and do all tasks by 5am on July 18. If we turn it around and have the travel from Vilnius to Florence, is there time for tasks, a TBC and departure by 5pm? I'm from Missouri figuratively; SHOW ME! Here at RFF we don't just accept anybody's word. We like to see the details of the proof. Provide it and we'll listen to your ideas.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:55:58 AM by apskip »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
lol no i was just speculating, I wasn't actually saying that was how it went. I knew you would check the times and stuff, I have no idea how to do that.

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2007, 12:46:14 AM »
GUYS I HAVE A HUGE SPOILER....Some random guy uploaded on wikipedia about the elimination order.....OMG...and I fully believe it....can someone give me their email? I'll send them the screenshot of it so they can upload it for the public....

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2007, 12:48:49 AM »
here

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2007, 12:56:10 AM »
Wiki is not a good source for spoilers huholah, anyone can edit including you and me :yaya:
I'll bet you 1000$ that Nic & Donald aren't eliminated in Lithuania as in EP5  :yess:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:00:21 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2007, 01:01:58 AM »
Sorry Huholah--we KNOW they don't go out in Lithuania...someone was just playing I guess...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2007, 01:26:06 AM »
Unless Lithuania is a TBC   :o :o
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2007, 01:39:29 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2007, 02:01:22 AM »
Don't laugh puddin--I thought of that too but couldn't bear to think of it...

We will have to have one somewhere!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2007, 02:04:59 AM »
Read the supposed chart!! it has EP7-8 as the supposed TBC and look they did not even bother completing the Roadblocks performed for the future. It has lots of flaws ------

eta: it is now fixed

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »
On the elimination video, Julia said that "there is only one more team to come" and that she hoped it wasn't Ron/Christine. That seems to confirm what we have believed for some time--there will be a final three, and teams who go out in fourth and fifth place may travel with production to be used as decoys.  I believe that that is exactly what they did for AllStars as well.

So--only five teams in that house!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2007, 08:28:15 PM »
That is how it worked on All-Stars peachs -- Bill & Joe ran with production and the 5 teams at sequester were~

John Vito & Jill
Kevin & Drew
Mary & David
Rob & Amber
Teri & Ian

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »
 Bill and Joe had told me they were decoys and how much fun it was because they said they also got to do all the fun Roadblocks too without the pressure! So they enjoyed it a lot I think.  Glad that the 4th and 5th teams will still get to go on, even if it is not exactly like they wanted.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Insider Vids for Week 4 Phils now complete mines elimination station page 4
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2007, 11:56:46 PM »
I thought Phil told them that --brb  :cmaslol

Phil " now, there are 11 legs in this race, at the end of each leg of the race there is a pitstop. 8 of these pitstops are elimination points,  so you need to get to them as fast as you can because if your last you WILL be eliminated .." ---" the first team to cross the finish line after 11 legs will win 1 million $$"

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:58:16 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »
Thanks for the link!

Well, on the mat they talked about thinking it was a NEL and Phil distinctly never corrected that so they may STILL be waiting for one. :lol3: I just thought that they would have known but the racers (or just them) don't quite seem to have absorbed what Phil said.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2007, 12:21:35 AM »
That pretty much confirms no recrap episode peachs  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »
I was thinking with the writers strike that they may try to stretch this out and would give us a recap during the holidays?

What am I missing--why would that mean they might not throw one at us? I never mind staying with the race but who knows what CBS wants to do?

And I am reading that closer--11 legs, 11 pitstops. Only 8 elims. So one is the finale, but what if those last 2 ARE NEL's? Doesn't this kind of contradict what BVM said about no NEL's?  Because if we have a Pitstop at each leg, we really don't have a TBC do we? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2007, 01:20:43 AM »
There isn't a real pitstop at the end of a superleg, wheres mswood  :waves:?

or I'll just swipe from wiki~

'Superlegs'
Season 6 introduced the first double-length "superleg" shown over two episodes. The televised episode ended with a 'To Be Continued' message instead of a Pit Stop. The second half of the leg featured a second Detour and second Roadblock. Seasons 7, 8 and 9 each had a superleg with teams meeting Keoghan on the usual Pit Stop mat at the halfway point, only to have him hand them the next clue instead of checking them in. In Season 10, the superleg did not involve meeting Keoghan, but rather teams were informed to "KEEP RACING!!!" in their next route marker. In addition, the 2-hour finale of Season 8 took place over a superleg similar to Season 6's. Generally, the clues leading up to these longer legs are easy to identify because the teams will read a clue like "Go find Phil at the mat" instead of "Check into the next Pit Stop." While there was no set rest period between the two parts of these legs, there usually is some point for the teams to eat, rest and recover prior to the second set of tasks, either due to waiting for hours of operation with provided accommodations or a long train or plane ride.

"To Be Continued" legs appeared to be born out of sheer luck during Season 6. Leg 6 in Hungary was originally planned to be two legs, with a non-elimination point (with the stripping-of-all-cash rule in place) between the legs. However, the producers discovered during the race that begging is illegal in Hungary, which would have made it nearly impossible for the last place team to acquire the money needed for the upcoming leg, and quickly devised the extended leg to mimic the effects of a non-elimination leg (keeping the same number of teams in the race), and using a simple video message clue to provide teams the goal for the first task of the second half of the leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2007, 01:40:47 AM »
Hmmmm...so if there is a pitstop every time--then there can't be a TBC, right?

And if there aren't any TBC's, then we need at least 2 NEL's to make the numbers right.  Even if BVM said no NEL's--it has to be one or the other.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2007, 01:53:10 AM »
Hmmmm...so if there is a pitstop every time--then there can't be a TBC, right?

And if there aren't any TBC's, then we need at least 2 NEL's to make the numbers right.  Even if BVM said no NEL's--it has to be one or the other.
OK I need someone to explain this to peach  :cmas28, no Capricorns please!?

:lol3: