Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143732 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »
Did Elain see all 7 puddin?
Only Eilan can answer that Kiwi Jay.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »
Oh she is on these boards now, I must have missed that lol. Were did you find this information

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »
Oh she is on these boards now, I must have missed that lol. Were did you find this information
Awesome CSI: Amazing Race, detective work compiled here .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Speculation Thread
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2007, 07:18:20 PM »
fwiw~ if I'm reading this right? Someone posts Jan van Vuure resume on 10/08/07 locations for his work on WRP.

Name: Jan van Vuure
Born: October 23, 1949 Born: October 23, 1949
Nationality: Dutch Nationality: Dutch
Education: Dutch/English translator Education: Dutch / English translator
Languages: English, French, Spanish (fluently spoken)
German, Portuguese, Kiswahili, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese (basic knowledge)

Below you will find a list of programs I either produced or worked for. Below you will find a list of programs I either produced or worked for.

The Amazing Race The Amazing Race

50 minute reality travel shows 50 minute reality travel shows

Senegal, Ethiopia, Peru, Belize, Russia, Ukraine, Tanzania, Burkina Faso

WRP/CBS WRP / CBS

----------------
eta: the only place that should be new there is Burkina Faso but we already knew that. Belize was a location that TAR8 was suppose to go to but that leg was dropped due to a hurricane  ( old spoilers here) and  thanks to Wally Branson's podcast at our own RFFRadio "According to an interview with Wally Bransen on RFFRadio, Hurricane Emily forced producers to cancel a leg in Belize. Teams had an extra day off in Costa Rica after Leg 6"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:54:55 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »
Well you certainly did a good job
"We"  ;)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
All of that is logical, but it is too bad to see Ethiopia again, the Ukraine again and Russia again. It would have been nice to see a different east African country and also a different eastern European country.

I had speculated months ago that Arusha, Tanzania would come up to take advantage of the work done for AR11.

I am also going to speculate that in Peru Lima will be the focus since Cuzco has been done. The other possiblity is a quick visit to Machhu Picchu.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
I'm trying to track down more info on Jan Van Vuure's credits for TAR

The Amazing Race" [Field Producer]
... aka The Amazing Race: All-Stars (USA: eleventh season title)
IMDB

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 02:01:57 AM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »
The Amazing Race The Amazing Race

50 minute reality travel shows 50 minute reality travel shows

Senegal, Ethiopia, Peru, Belize, Russia, Ukraine, Tanzania, Burkina Faso

WRP/CBS WRP / CBS

To be a little logical this is what i think this means.
Senegal and ethiopia are from tar6. Peru is from tar7. Belize which never got run is from tar8. Russia is from tar9. Ukraine is from tar10. Tanzania is from tar11, and Burkina Faso is from tar12.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2007, 10:50:08 PM »
Would he claim credit for something that never materialized, for...advance work? Despite the death of the Commissioner and the claims of the film office, I don't want to dismiss Belize just yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
This is nagging at me too--I'm not sure he would list a cancelled leg on a resume.

And I would love to see Belize--I think it would be a great location.

I will follow up on this again this week--but I can only say what I said before--they were quite sure that no permits were issued and that no customs entry equiptment permits were applied for or issued.

Perhaps they went in more unofficially? Don't know if that is even an option.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »
With the new information, here is some major speculation about the route:

1. the start of the race had to be either U.S. to Peru to Belize City or U.S. to Belize City to Peru. the timing of the the spotting in Belize City makes either one possible.

2. Although I think Lima is the most likely place to go in Peru, Iquitos is a possibility.

3. The inclusion of 4 stops in Africa is problematical. With the arrival of teams on July 13 in Ouagadougou and need to be in Dubrovnik in July 18, that pretty much dictates that Senegal(almost certainly Dakar) is the stop after Ougadougou and before Dubrovnik. Tanzania (I am betting on Arusha) and Ethiopia (we have never seen much of Addis Ababa) are likely to be later.

4. For Ukraine, the obvious place is Odessa since Kiev has been used.

5. For Russia, which would become the jumping off point for Ethiopia and Tanzania, there are 4 primary possibilities: Sevastopol, Rostov, Baku and Irkutsk. I don't think it will be Irnutsk given its huge distance east.

For the Timeline that pulls all of this speculation together, see the post I am about to make in the Timelines thread.

It is more likely than not that those who believe that Mr. Van Vuure's resume is referring to strictly historical Amazing Race stops rather than just the new AR12 probable (in my mind) Belize City pitstop are correct. However, a route involving all of these places is entirely plausible and shown in Timelines. If you have a different route to propose(no doubt with an equally low probability), then let's see it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:38:37 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »
Mr. Jan Van Vuure is credited for his work on All-Stars so Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania :yes:
For real this man is hard to track down for other credits aside from his work as a Director in Amsterdam as well as the other credits in his resume above.

Atlas Film, the company for which I have been working since 1970, has
made a long series of programs commissioned by both national and Made a long series of programs commissioned by both national and
international networks as well as several Dutch ministries, NGO's, the International networks as well as several Dutch ministries, NGO's, the
United Nations and so on. Many of these programs have been produced United Nations and so on. Many of these programs have been produced
abroad. I also worked as a researcher and a field producer for Abroad. I also worked as a researcher and a field producer for
independent production houses.
At present I am doing research on Independent production houses. At present I am doing research on
international war crimes. International war crimes.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »
askip, What makes you think TAR will visit any of those countries this season? It's way more likely that those countries are from the previous seasons, and only Burkina Faso is this season.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »
Yep they were all visited so why will they be visited again

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2007, 11:31:50 PM »
The thread is called "speculation" for a reason. We do have a Belize spoiler here and discounted it but now we aren't so sure? What we need is more info on Jan Van Vuure because he only credits AllStars as the season he has worked on but if we can find credits for past seasons with Mr. Van Vuure then we should be able to piece together Senegal, Ethiopia, Peru, Belize, Russia, Ukraine etc ..
I think Burkina Faso is enough to tell us that he worked on season 12.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2007, 01:38:36 AM »
Thanks puddin  ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
I have just spent hours trying to find any official proof that TAR 12  was in Belize, and I have to sadly report that I can neither confirm nor deny.

So on the YES! They were in Belize front we have two pieces of information and a lot of hope...

1) bdearl reported seeing 2 teams in Belize on July 5th--which would fit beautifully with our time line. Sadly, there is no photographic evidence.

2) We have a mention in Jan Van Vuure's CV of Amazing Race which includes Belize. Unfortunately, we can NOT say with absolute certainty that this mention is for TAR 12--as he could possibly also have worked for the planned TAR 8 visit which never materialized due to Hurricane Emily. He has also previously made a wildlife documentary in Belize. As much as I WANT us to go to Belize, I think this CV (which was additionally translated from Chinese) still leaves room for questions on both sides.

And on the NO WAY! front I am equally left hanging.

1) The Film Commission of Belize normally issues permits and facilitates customs import of equipment and the immigration process. I say normally because the Office is now closed due to the unfortunate death of its head in August. And the acting deputy of the commission has been wonderful in looking through their records but has been unable to turn up anything. He also believes he would have been aware of any planned filming, and he was not. (Interestingly--EVERYONE I have spoken to remembers the Season 8 planned filming  that didn't happen.)  Are permits ALWAYS required legally? Well--apparently not. Sometimes smaller scale productions were allowed to film without an official permit. So again, I can't say either way.

2) There is also a legal office which issues the actual permits, approves insurance bonds, helps with the customs entry requirements for bringing in film equipment, and notifies Immigration of what to expect. NONE of that was done in this case, but again, does not rule out a quieter entry.

3) Permits are normally required to film at the Airport in Belize. But upon occasion, verbal permission for say--filming in front of the airport only--may have been given.  However, I have spoken with the only two people ever allowed to give that verbal permission--and neither of them did so. They also have no recollection of any filming being done on or around the 5th of July. And oh yes--again there were no permits either.

So we have a sighting without photos, a CV that is not clear on the dates, and no permits or official awareness of the filming at all --all of which may not be conclusive proof one way or the other. :groan:

On the other hand we have a beautiful country whose people have been incredibly warm and generous with their time and energy as I have attempted to figure this out.  So I am rooting for Belize all the way.  :tup: But I think until we either see some photos or obtain some other hard evidence, Belize will have to remain POSSIBLE but UNCONFIRMED for now, at least in my eyes.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2007, 01:30:39 AM »
If Peach can do then so can I.    :waves:

Here's my itinerary:

1--LA to Ireland, 10 left
2--To Amsterdam, 9 left
3--To Vilnius, 8 left
4--To Ouagadougou via Paris, 7 left (extended pit stop)
5--Dubrovnik, 6 left
6--West coast India, 5 left (Puddin's lead here)
7--Taiwan, 4 left
8--Osaka, 3 left
10--Girdwood
11--Finale somewhere

Here is how to fit Vilnius in on the way to Paris:   (42 hours in Lithuania)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »
If Peach can do then so can I.    :waves:

Here's my itinerary:

1--LA to Ireland, 10 left
2--To Amsterdam, 9 left
3--To Vilnius, 8 left
4--To Ouagadougou via Paris, 7 left (extended pit stop)
5--Dubrovnik, 6 left
6--West coast India, 5 left (Puddin's lead here)
7--Taiwan, 4 left
8--Osaka, 3 left
10--Girdwood
11--Finale somewhere

Here is how to fit Vilnius in on the way to Paris:   (42 hours in Lithuania)

switch osaka and taiwan and your good

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »
That sounds about right, except for Alaska. I doubt they would give Alaska a seperate leg. They haven't done that since season 1. There's probably a country we're still missing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »
That sounds about right, except for Alaska. I doubt they would give Alaska a seperate leg. They haven't done that since season 1. There's probably a country we're still missing.

KingCrimson, I know you are  reading spoilers so not sure how you missed this one? Girdwood, Alaska is one of our best documented legs EVER. There is NO doubt about this leg--we have eyewitnesses and absolute firm written proof.

You'll find you can keep up beautifully if you'll check out puddin's spoiler updates  (found right at the begining of the spoiler thread) regularly.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »
Brought my list over from Vidcaps too:

1--LA to Ireland
2--To Amsterdam
3--To Ouagadougou via Paris
4--somewhere---I'm hoping for Greece--specially Crete!
5--Dubrovnik
6--Lithuania
7--puddin's somewhere ;)
8--Osaka
9--Taiwan
10--Girdwood
11--Finale somewhere

Unless of course Girdwood is the finale which I doubt somehow...

SO! We are only missing three?? :jumpy:  Does this work?

Oh yes--I still believe we will have TBC's...  maybe 13 episodes and 11 locations??

If we don't have at least 2 TBC's--we would be out of teams by Girdwood!!   :o

Hey--I didn't think we were telling puddin's find yet!  :o

And I tried it that way too Chateau--but I couldn't make sense of the LONG time from 7/13 arr Ouagadougou to 7/19 arrive Dubrovnik--that would be one extended pitstop for sure!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:50:14 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Since everyone else is offering theirs, I feel obligated to offer mine with some rationale:

1. Chateau is right. The idea of going to Lithuania from Amsterdam now makes sense to me. I had a Rest Day in between Amsterdam and CDG becasue we thought there were 2 legs before LAX. With them gone, a Rest Day after the second leg makes no sense. Lithuania fits on that one set of flights, so why not? The only problem with this is that the timing in Amsterdam is short. They arrive, have 12 hours of tasks, a normal pitstop, then leave. This is incredibly tight(which is ahy I dismissed it weeks ago), but it is technically feasible.

2. Peach is totally correct. There has to be something between Ouagadougou and Dubrovnik. There is 4 days between the pitstop release and probable arrival.

3. There will need to be 2 legs between Dubrovnik and Osaka. I have delineated the countries in which it has to occur in a separate post.

4. Kogs is correct in that Taiwan is the last Asian leg due to the nonstop flight CI12 from Taipei to Anchorage on July 29. Teams will almost surely fly to Taipei from Osaka.

5. Girdwood will be a separate leg this time, regardless of what has happened in the past.

6. I absolutely agree with Peach that this is probably the fastest Amazing Race ever, in 25 days.

Here is what it looks like:

1. 8th LAX to DUB

2. 10 DUB to AMS

3. 11 AMS to VNO (Vilnius, Lithuania)

4. 13 VNO to CDG, CDG to OUA (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso)

5. 15 OUA to ?

6. 18 ? to DBV

7. 20 DBV to ?

8. 23 ? to ?

9. 25 ? to KIX (Osaka)

10. 27 KIX to TPE (Taipei)

11. 29 TPE to ANC

12. Aug. 1 ANC to Final City USA(may actually depart late evening July 31)

Now, I would have leg 11 be a TBC since there are no non-elims anymore. That would solve the problem of having one leg too many for the number of teams.

I will be issuing a flight information version of this in Timetables as quickly as I can enter it there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:12:03 AM by apskip »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2007, 10:47:51 AM »

I see your point.  We're out of teams to eliminate!

Also, if "28 days" is accurate then we end on August 4th or 5th (depends on how you count:  number of days checked of on a calendar or number of days between start and end).  Either way there is a lot of time after Girdwood on July 29th.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2007, 10:54:35 AM »
The 28 days has to be wrong! The teams/Goths were back on their myspaces on Aug 1st as far as I can tell.