Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 Contestant Spoilers /Speculation  (Read 63818 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The Amazing Race 12 Contestant Spoilers /Speculation
« on: July 09, 2007, 10:03:08 PM »
:bar:
Contestants :
Kate Lewis and Pat Hendrickson/Married Ministers
--not in the final 7?

Shana Wall and Jennifer McCall/Friends --
??F/F there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants/aka LA Blondes? --Burkina Faso
??F/F There were at least one F/F team. --Dubrovnik
Marianna Ruiz and Julia Ruiz/sisters --
??F/F there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants/aka LA Blondes? --Burkina Faso
??F/F There were at least one F/F team. --Dubrovnik
Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala/Dating  -- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
Azaria Azene and Hendekea Azene/ Brother & Sister ---  last of the final 7?- -- out in  --Dubrovnik ?
Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek/Grandson-Grandfather -- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
Ronald Hsu and Christina Hsu/ Father & Daughter --- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
*He THINKS that there was an Asian team far behind or eliminated already because he was a good listener--Taiwan
*he was literally 2 feet away from the blond racer and he heard the girl say something like “I wonder what the Asians would say if they came to this place”.  --Taiwan
Jennifer Parker and Nathan Hagstrom/Dating
??M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister --Dubrovnik
*he describes as another couple which consists of a blond girl --Taiwan
*He just notices a blond woman with a man(he didnt really see the man's face). --Taiwan
Lorena Segura and Jason Widener/Dating
??M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister --Dubrovnik
*he thinks that Lorena and Jason were in but is not sure because he could only recognize the long hair(?)-- Taiwan
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit-- Taiwan
Rachel Rosales and TK Erwin/Dating  --- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
*he thinks that Lorena and Jason were in but is not sure because he could only recognize the long hair(?)-- Taiwan
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit-- Taiwan
Ari Bonias and Staella Gianakakos/Best Friends

Team speculation..
So far, based on descriptions:

M/M younger guy and his grandfather /Tim? (Nick?) & Don--Burkina Faso
M/M Tim? (Nick?) & Don--Burkina Faso
M/M One of the contestants and his father were from Chicago--Burkina Faso
*M/M picture evidence here -- Dubrovnik

M/F goth team, picture evidence :yes: -- LAX/Burkina/Dubrovnik
M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister --Dubrovnik
M/F dirty blond guy  and a girl with dark hair and both were wearing green headbands. ** tall reddish hair guy -picture evidence here :yes:--Dubrovnik
M/F black ? couple/team, picture evidence :yes: --Dubrovnik

*M/F picture evidence here Dubrovnik

F/F there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants/aka LA Blondes? --Burkina Faso
F/F There were at least one F/F team. --Dubrovnik
Media
From the Jonathan Littman interview: (thanks to Slowhatch)
Littman:
*As for the teams? Lively.
*"This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

Team spoilers
*There was at least one team that was “goth.”They had either dyed their hair pink or were wearing a wig.
 *Several of the teams were not quite dressed appropriately to handle the heat or the cultural requirements, so it will be interesting to see what they do (there was a goth team and the guy was wearing white face paint!).
  Goth Team = Kynt and Vyxsin :yes:

Jennifer and Nathan , Dating couple :yes:

more info here thanks to Slowhatch, peach & Kogs

ETA:
We think the lesbians are ~

Not sure now?

We think the LA blondes are ~
Kiss My Femur♥/Jenn & Rachel Rosales

LAX to Ireland July 8th-9th-?  

WAMgirl posts at Twop's ,LAX, July 8th to Ireland
*We were at LAX this July going on our honeymoon, and we met a team from the upcoming season. The team consisted of a younger guy and his grandfather.

more LAX:
Newbie tarrules00 posts at sucks:
*i was IMing the other night with a friend who actually WORKS at LAX airport, she was there when the Amazing Race teams passed through and she got a clear look at all of the teams from very close proximity.
*she said that most of the teams were "standard" (yawn) Amazing Race teams - the dating couples, MACTORS, etc,but the team that struck her eye the most, by far, was a team consisting of two GOTH girls . she got a great look at them and said they were absolutely beautiful, but not in the standard "mactor" kind of way!
Amsterdam, Netherlands July 10th
Two blogs mention seeing Amazing Race teams.
First blog:
*We think we saw some participants from the Amazing Race running through town with a cameraman and sound guy following close behind.
Next Blog:
*I saw to 3 pairs that were competing in my reality favorite show “the amazing race”

Burkina Faso, West Africa July 13th

This blog entry confirms Paris to Burkina Faso on July 13th

*Our biggest news of interest is that it appears that the Amazing Race teams and crew were on our plane from Paris to Burkina.
Also, the SIM missionary from Ouaga who met us at the airport was definitely on camera giving directions to a team (Tim? & Don) who we had met and helped on the plane. 
*One of the contestants and his father were from Chicago and they sat across the aisle from us, so we got to talk to them a little bit
*There was at least one team that was “goth.”They had either dyed their hair pink or were wearing a wig.
 *Several of the teams were not quite dressed appropriately to handle the heat or the cultural requirements, so it will be interesting to see what they do (there was a goth team and the guy was wearing white face paint!).
*there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants…very shocking to the conservative Burkinabe culture where women wear skirts and dresses that go below the knee in public.

Duprovnik, Croatia on July 18th/19th
first brought to us by peach. Picture /Evidence in this thread

peach adds :
Okay, I have a bit more info on the teams.
*There were probably 6 to 7 teams seen.
*They came in a group of 3 or so, then one, then the rest.
*There were at least one F/F team. And at least one M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister, etc. That team was in the middle of the pack.

"Vance" from Toronto-- LINK
*My friend was in Duprovnik, Croatia on July 19th and saw groups of two's running followed by a camera.
*The one couple racing, that my friend remembers, was a dirty blond guy and a girl with dark hair and both were wearing green headbands.

Eilan @Twop's :
*We were on holiday this summer and happened to see a leg being filmed. We spent the better part of the afternoon chatting with various crew members, and met and had a brief chat with one of the teams.

Male/Female team
  Goth Team = Kynt and Vyxsin

Male/Male team
Male/Female black couple team
:update:
Eilan & peach ,Eilan shares her pictures --- here

M/F team, wearing green bandanas .. petite dark haired girl with taller reddish-haired partner.

Slowhatch hits the mother-load here!!
green bandana M/F team

peach adds :
Okay, I have a bit more info on the teams.
*There were probably 6 to 7 teams seen.
*They came in a group of 3 or so, then one, then the rest.
*There were at least one F/F team. And at least one M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister, etc. That team was in the middle of the pack.

Slowhatch July 18th
Just one photo in the album; a different part of Dubrovnik, but also a different date.
*The Amazing Race was filming while we were there in Dubrovnik!! We saw some camera men, but no teams.
*We were really excited anyway. We also talked to some people from England who didn't know what the show was, but told us they had seen two couples in row boats being videotaped.
*They weren't sure, but thought one couple (team) seemed to be doing well and the other (who they thought was male-female) was having a lot of difficulty.

Girdwood, Alaska on July 29th in this thread , first brought to us by anon1akacolby and PDF documents posted by peach and the Amazing Race detectives.
M/F couple mid to upper 20's, the younger couple the girl was a pretty attractive girl. ??
M/F couple early 30's.??

anon1akacolby :
"i think so, she said she only remembers him mentioning 3 boats (not sure if it was 3 boats besides his or including his)."

Belize, Central America? :update: Maybe not! July 5th
bdearl posts here:
*Anyways I was in Belize on July 5th and saw two couples with camera crews trying to get on a boat in Belize City.
*The couples were both men women couples.   I'd say one couple mid to upper 20's, the other couple early 30's.  I do remember the younger couple the girl was a pretty attractive girl.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:11:48 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »
Kogs, peach and I as well as a few behind the scene detectives have been working on something.
We can confirm this is 100% true. :yes:

gallantgarage

(7/11/07 10:49 am)

Ok now some NEWS for A Race!! Yah...I actually have something to contribute....

Suppossedly Yao Man was contacted by ARace to participate with his daughter (the older one) in the next ARace (which will be a family edition - but only with two people teams - think sisters/brothers and parent/older son and daughter groups)

However, the daughter chickened out at the last second and since the younger daughter wasn't old enough (16) for this season they turned Lynn down. (Lynn, "I turn people down Yao...they don't turn me down...")

But...that is the info I have thus far...we shall see if it holds true!!   
link
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:27:08 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »
Team pictures from Duprovnik, Croatia on July 19th in the spoiler thread.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:41:40 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:08:23 PM »
 :wohoo: :hearts: :jumpy:
you guys all rock!

Ahhh! Family edition with teams of two? That's awesome!
No bickering couples!!  :wohoo:

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »

since the younger daughter wasn't old enough (16) for this season they turned Lynn down.

Does this mean the you can be 16 to go on this season or the daughter was 16 and that was to young?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »
You have to be 21 to do the race normally and we have no info that suggests  that has been adjusted for this season.

I believe his younger daughter was too young--maybe 16? and the older daughter turned it down. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
Wow, that's horrible news. No funny best friends teams, no asshole intense couples. I'm not excited by this news at all.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
I think this season is going to be great.  I am sick of bickering couples or fake couples.  Give me family drama :yess:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
I like the idea.

No offense to Tammy and any other racers in season 8. 

Since I genereally liked the cast in season 8, the only problem I had with the casting was that I had a great difficulty in getting a sense of who people were in many cases with 4 persons on each team.  Thats not the racers fault, though.

Hell to this day, and with them being in every episode, I still can't tell who's who in Wally's family.

Though I wouldn't rule out families that fight.  Since there are many families who honestly don't get along well, to those who argue a lot even if they do love each other.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »
No funny best friends teams

You can still have funny brother teams like Ken and Gerard types who act like they could be best friends.

I hope they have a grandparent/grandchild team that would be fun to watch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
Thanks Tammy!

So looks like teams with some family relationship. That still gives plenty of room for plenty of very intense drama. As mswood said, families can love/argue even more than friends. Wonder if step parent/child would be considered.

And they were willing to pull a team with roots in Survivor--so BB would seem possible too. Does Janelle or Will or Boogie have a sibling that would be possible?

Now we need the starting line! :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »
No funny best friends teams

You can still have funny brother teams like Ken and Gerard types who act like they could be best friends.

I hope they have a grandparent/grandchild team that would be fun to watch.

Yeah, you can have a wide range of family groups and how they might fit the more typical seasons "Type of team".

And over the years we have had some very memerable two person family teams.  THough I personally would rather see relationsships like Parent/Child, Brothers and sisters (any combinations), for the most part over cousins and such.  But thats probably more due to my own family experience where we are not the close with the larger extended family (due to distance).

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I like teams that are related to each other, but completely excluding everyone else is stupid. Colin/Christie, Tara/Wil, Teri/Ian, these were among the most memorable teams ever. Now there is no chance of seeing someone like that in TAR12.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »
Thanks Tammy!

So looks like teams with some family relationship. That still gives plenty of room for plenty of very intense drama. As mswood said, families can love/argue even more than friends. Wonder if step parent/child would be considered.

And they were willing to pull a team with roots in Survivor--so BB would seem possible too. Does Janelle or Will or Boogie have a sibling that would be possible?

Peach, please do not degrade the Amazing Race by supporting teams composed of any Big Brother contestants. Wasn't Alison and Donnie more than enough for one eon? It certainly was for me and I do not expect than any Reality Show retreads would be any better. We have already been forced to suffer too much. The casting people for Amazing Race should have to find fresh new faces, not overpublicized ones.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
I think Janelle would be awesome on the amazing race :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
Thanks Tammy!

Peach, please do not degrade the Amazing Race by supporting teams composed of any Big Brother contestants. Wasn't Alison and Donnie more than enough for one eon? It certainly was for me and I do not expect than any Reality Show retreads would be any better. We have already been forced to suffer too much. The casting people for Amazing Race should have to find fresh new faces, not overpublicized ones.

I think you know that I have said for years that I only want fresh faces on my beloved TAR--no celebrities, no BB,  no Survivor, no Rosie--only new, fun. interesting  ordinary people getting to experience an extraordinary opportunity.

But TPTB don't seem to be listening to what I want. If they are willing to take a Survivor contestant again, then they may be willing to take a former BB contestant. We all need to keep an open mind in order to be able to find possible contestants effectively.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
If they do pick Janeelle I can see her with her Mom.  They had her Mom on for several interviews.  They also had Will's brother on as well a lot.  Time to start checking myspace accounts ???

I also want to see fresh faces but we need to keep an open mind especially now that the rumor of Yao Man being asked is out there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »
Janie is scheduled to do a few House calls for BB and Will & Boogie are doing some man show so maybe you all can research that?

Offline godsmack

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Smile ! thanks you just made me money...lol
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
:groan: please tell me they are running a world race and not a few local countries again
and if they chose to make another family ratings mistake (with all due respect to banredbeans)
that its like the ken and Gerard teams type teams.
Sorry been in Europe and haven't been able to get the time to check in here (work)
so excuse any stupid questions ???
But i really wish they would stop mucking with the race and go back to what made it good in the first place

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »

But i really wish they would stop mucking with the race and go back to what made it good in the first place

thats simple, tell lynn speilman to fire erika landin from casting. its all her mactors friends anyway who are casted.

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
About the next season being a family edition might not be true... I mean season 8 didnt have the best ratings. and season 12 is basically the season to try to save the race ( In my eyes probley for other people two) so why have a fam. ed.? Teams like the Gaghan family, TAR8, were fun to watch so maybe they want to let younger people into the race. but not to young that the younger ppl would hold the team back
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline Student1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »
Any down low on Will and Boogie making a run for the TAR12 Title?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
 Just forget that idea! Boogie/Will/Janelle are not on TAR12! And thats a fact!
More proof? Boogie was on EXTRA Thursday night.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 05:02:10 PM »
Any chance this is a male?

:tup:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:58:45 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »
Chateau posted this earlier in another thread---

that chest IS kind of flat! and nice biceps--black fingernail polish could be either

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule: