Author Topic: Locations  (Read 129456 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Locations
« on: July 09, 2007, 10:02:22 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:36:43 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Location Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:23:32 PM »
received a tip:

One destination includes Malaysia
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:16:56 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »
Thanks puddin!
Malaysia again?! This is so exciting!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:39:38 PM by Michael D »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »
Littman says more:

This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

The show will will do two fewer episdoes and drop the noneliminations to create more excitement

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »
I had previously received (from an extremely reliable source) that Croatia was a very probable TAR 12 location. However, without any secondary confirming evidence, I chose to wait until we had more info before sharing.  But based on my information and this information, I believe that there is a very good chance that this IS TAR 12 and not TARA. The dates of this sighting also coincide with the dates I was told.

Courtesy of "Vance" from Toronto-- LINK
This has just been posted:

Thursday, August 02, 2007
The Amazing Race 12 - Possible Spoiler?

My friend may have just witnessed part of the race for the next season of The Amazing Race 12 (unless it was The Amazing Race Asia?)
Story after the jump if you want to know though it doesn't REALLY spoil anything since we have no idea who the contestants are at this point and she didn't have many details.

Highlight below to continue reading.
My friend was in Duprovnik, Croatia on July 19th and saw groups of two's running followed by a camera.

Her husband was waiting in the center of the old city and he saw pple running down the street with cameramen following along and he also saw cameramen and others with walky-talkys tracking other pple and talking btwn eachother with directions that pple were running. This made her very suspisious.

"Then we were sitting at the harbor swimming area and we saw two pple run up the steps onto the concrete dock (and into our view) & look around, then we saw a camera man appear and then the two pple ran back the way they came and cameraman followed. We then talked to ditzy American couple who said they saw the "movie" being flimed and said that the crew seemed very closed lipped about what it was they were filming and who was in it they also saw pple zip cording and asked if that was something that they could do...they were told that it was special for the production that was being filmed. So then I said I thought it was Amazing Race and after a while of thinking they seemed to agree (it took them quite a long time to say "ive been thinking about it and I think you might be right")

The one couple racing, that my friend remembers, was a dirty blond guy and a girl with dark hair and both were wearing green headbands.

Sounds like The Amazing Race to me as opposed to some guerilla film making. While now would be the exact time they would be filming the fall edition of TAR, CBS doesn't have it on the schedule until Winter 2008, but maybe they are filming it just in case CBS decides to switch the schedules, since, you know, they do it all the time. I'm also guessing it isn't the Asian edition of TAR (though they did have a white couple in theirs too).

Sadly, they got no pictures of it because the racers were too quick.

Posted by vance at Thursday, August 02, 2007     

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:14:45 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 01:47:43 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo:
Croatia and Malaysia :D
that's awesome, thanks peach!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
Oh pretty! If I recall we had a spoiler a few seasons back of scout type people seen around Croatia?
ETA: Dubrovnik, Croatia ??    
There's a rumour going around on another site (site not in English, so no point in linking it) that an older team was walking in the Old City of Dubrovnik, Croatia (no cars allowed).

Dubrovnik has a town port, the port of Gruz and a marina. The old town port is protected by the Porporela breakwater; yachts drawing up to 3 m may dock in it; smaller ships are docked in the cove of Gornja Bocina. The port of Gruz is a trading port, situated 2.5 km northwest of the ancient town core of Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik Marina is located in Komolac, in the interior part of Rijeka Dubrovacka, about 4 km from the entrance to the port of Gruz. Dubrovnik is located on the main road (M2, E65). The Dubrovnik airport is located in Cilipi.

On and Outside Dubrovnik's Walls
Perhaps the highlight of any Dubrovnik day is a walk around the city walls. Fortresses, towers and walls join to make a 1900 meter circuit of the Old Town possible, and when the height can reach up to 25 meters, the views both over the town and to the sea are definitely camera-worthy. At the southern end of the city, docks for small boats and yachts provide the backdrop for a "fish and chips" summer feeling, and on warmer days you can swim in front of the city. To get further outside the walls, you can also enjoy a day trip to an island: there's no shortage of opportunities to island-hop in Croatia, and Dubrovnik offers ferries to several.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:14:06 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »
 :wohoo:  :yess: Congratulations! For a while I thought we were going to get skunked by this season.  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »
Oh ye of little faith... :lol:

But somewhere, someone at WRP was praying for that exact thing to happen, I'm sure!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »
Oh ye of little faith... :lol:

But somewhere, someone at WRP was praying for that exact thing to happen, I'm sure!

see i always say let the spoiler locations comes to us, and im right again  :lol:

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 07:28:48 PM »
I've a feeling it might not be TARA2. I'll get back to you on this Peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 09:23:21 PM »
Well guys--I may have to backtrack a little here. At this point it looks as though this could still be either TARA or TAR 12.

I identified this based on knowing that an American TAR technical person was in Croatia working during the above dates.

But after discussing this with Izad and some of his excellent local contacts--it turns out that it is not impossible that an American could have been asked to lend technical support to TARA.  A sure thing?--No.  But possible--Yes.

But it is also possible that TARA and TAR 12 could have combined forces production wise--both for logistical reasons , or perhaps--to deliberately attempt to confuse us. Apparently, according to Izad, they used similar places/challenges and the same local crew while they were in Malaysia for BOTH TARA1 and TARAS so that's not impossible either.

So that leaves us with an excellent sighting but still unclear as to which TAR this could be.

It is certainly geographically very possible that this is TARA--the dates and proximity of the Prague and Croatia sightings would certainly make sense. (thanks puddin for the map!)

So it would appear that it hinges on whether or not an American would be asked to lend technical assistance to TARA, and at this point that seems to not be impossible.

Sorry guys for the confusion--guess we'll have to keep digging!

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 07:52:03 PM »
At their page Lynn/Alex make an unsubstantiated claim ("we also heard from a little bird") about China.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »
 :yess: Slowhatch!

Let me backpedal on the Malaysia spoiler.. the source is not quite sure that it is indeed Malaysia but is sure they went to Asia, "a few Asia's",  and also thinks Croatia was "definite". << not my words so take it for what its worth.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »
At their page Lynn/Alex make an unsubstantiated claim ("we also heard from a little bird") about China.

wow china 3 seasons in a row

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 10:57:27 PM »
My friend may have just witnessed part of the race for the next season of The Amazing Race 12 (unless it was The Amazing Race Asia?)

magic   :dancer:

from my info ... TARA 2 and TAR 12 have crossed each other in one of the Airport. But he don't want told me.

He told me, TARA1 and TAR10 had crossed each other in India too.
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »

But it is also possible that TARA and TAR 12 could have combined forces production wise--both for logistical reasons , or perhaps--to deliberately attempt to confuse us. Apparently, according to Izad, they used similar places/challenges and the same local crew while they were in Malaysia for BOTH TARA1 and TARAS so that's not impossible either.

TARA1 and TARAS is impossible.... TARA1 was filmed as same time with TAR10.
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »
It is certainly geographically very possible that this is TARA--the dates and proximity of the Prague and Croatia sightings would certainly make sense. (thanks puddin for the map!)

magic  :knuckles:

As per my source, they have crossed each others in Airport... so it possible somewhere in Europe....

LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 12:57:15 AM »
Okay--I give up!  :lol:  What does magic refer to please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 03:34:47 AM »
Okay--I give up!  :lol:  What does magic refer to please?

i'm refering to highlight the words.
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 06:24:58 AM »
Oh! Magic=spoiler bars! Highlight the space everybody!  :lol:

I am such a dummy.... :-[

But this is an all spoilers thread--so no need to spoiler bar things on our account!  :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »
If that are two guys from TAR12, then one of them has a pretty small backpack.  TAR teams always seem to have packs big enough for everything including the kitchen sink.  Or have they learned to travel light?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 01:19:11 PM »
GMAN, in AR11 Rob and Amber had tiny backpacks so they were following your advice from the beginning.  In Amazing Race Asia 1, Mardy and Marsio ditched their large backpacks and bought small ones about 8 legs into the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 01:31:56 PM »
cabio, you do not need to put hidden tags in this thread, it is afterall labeled spoilers :)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »

As per my source, they have crossed each others in Airport... so it possible somewhere in Europe....

Just in case you didn't see it, this is what Cabio put in white.
Just here to visit.