Author Topic: Its Over!!!  (Read 22820 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Its Over!!!
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:33 AM »
The Appentice And Trump

THEY GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yess: :yess: :yess:

Gone from the schedule are "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" -- which is moving to NBC sibling USA -- "Crossing Jordan," "Studio 60," "The Black Donnellys," and "Identity." Donald Trump's reality franchise "The Apprentice" is also apparently done.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:59:32 AM by Kogs »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Its time to dance!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:27 AM »
Awww  Identity was canceled  :'(

It's sort of bitter-sweet to say good bye to The Apprentice. 

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Its Over!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »
I'm always sad to see any reality show get cancelled.

But... The Apprentice was well past its glory days.  The finale of the most recent season was about as bad as reality television can get.

What killed the show was two things:
1) The idea of being Trump's apprentice was cheapened as more and more people won.  It broke through the illusion that the apprentice would be Donald's right hand man.
2) Too much advertising.  I'm watching the first season of The Apprentice UK, which is pretty much a mirror image of the US version.  It's refreshing to see tasks that are interesting, and not just a vehicle to advertise Cheetos.  And they couldn't just have one product featured per episode... They got way too greedy.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Its over!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »
Awww  Identity was canceled  :'(

It's sort of bitter-sweet to say good bye to The Apprentice. 

sorry to say it should have been gone a long time ago, when you mess with a formula too much you kill shows, not just in reality also in scripted.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
Then I guess I can delete this board, huh! LOL

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
i liked studio 60 and the black donnellys!!!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »

Not yet, he might have more lives than we think.  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »

Not yet, he might have more lives than we think.  :lol3:

he aint james bond nor a cat

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »
Rob, you can kill the board...

"Trump Quits 'Apprentice'

Property tycoon Donald Trump has quit his reality TV show "The Apprentice" after the program was left off of NBC's new primetime schedule.

Trump was reportedly left fuming earlier this week after the network's announcement, and has decided to pull "The Apprentice" altogether."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=16803

OR maybe not!

Next job for 'Apprentice' up in the air
By Kimberly Nordyke

May 22, 2007
NBC is still open to another season of "The Apprentice" despite a statement made last week by star Donald Trump distancing himself from the reality series.
By Kimberly Nordyke

May 22, 2007
NBC is still open to another season of "The Apprentice" despite a statement made last week by star Donald Trump distancing himself from the reality series.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/people/e3i3e0cd5c8b61cf5ddbe11c6dd15d11052

My prediction.. It will be back probably next January when it will be broadcast from some exotic site possibly left over from a Survivor reject. The only criteria will be a fancy mansion for Mr. Trump.  :tup:

WAIT! I know the perfect place!! Paradise Hotel!!!!! :ghug:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
published may 22, 2007

Trump quits Apprentice

TRUMP FIRES SELF: OK, it’s not the most clever headline you’re going to read on the subject in the next day or two, but you know that no one will be able to resist some variation on it when announcing the news that Donald Trump has left The Apprentice, apparently as a preemptive strike after NBC pointedly left the show off its schedule for the next TV season.

“It looks like viewers will have to wait to see what Mr. Trump plans for the future," Trump said in a statement reported by Reuters. "But if Mr. Trump's past TV success is any indication of the future, then one can anticipate that millions of Apprentice fans will be migrating to his new venture.”

The Apprentice was the top-ranked new show when it debuted in 2004, but it lost two-thirds of its viewership before ending its sixth season last month. NBC had until the start of next month to come up with a new deal for the show, according to a New York Daily News story last week, which quoted NBC entertainment president Kevin Reilly saying that Trump has “a certain magic,” and that “we love him, we want to stay in business with him." If love just wasn’t enough, according to the story, Trump could take the show to any other interested network.

Wisely, one hopes, Trump has left The Apprentice and NBC behind, in what looks like a face-saving move. Whether there are, in fact, millions of Apprentice fans hotly anticipating Trump’s next TV venture, it’s always fun to speculate on what that might be.

The Apprentice lost its lustre when the Donald started drifting from his core competency – real estate – and began exclusively presenting contestants with marketing and branding challenges. Cable networks are full of shows about real estate makeovers, trading up and flipping with small but devoted followings – Trump could supersize the concept, presenting teams of contestants with mansions, subdivisions and condo complexes to rehab and sell instead of apartments and broken-down bungalows.

Given Trump’s own signature style of home decorating, he could go head to head with Justin and Colin and Debbie Travis, and descend on some unsuspecting individual and their outdated décor, armed with a team of handymen and women and a tractor trailer full of marble, gilt, brocade and ormolu. They could call it The Donald’s Really Big Makeover, or more accurately, Trump’s Hapsburg Bordello Roadshow; hey, baby – I’d TiVo it.

Metro News Toronto - Rick McGinnis
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:44:02 PM »
"The Apprentice lost its lustre when the Donald started drifting from his core competency – real estate – and began exclusively presenting contestants with marketing and branding challenges. Cable networks are full of shows about real estate makeovers, trading up and flipping with small but devoted followings – Trump could supersize the concept, presenting teams of contestants with mansions, subdivisions and condo complexes to rehab and sell instead of apartments and broken-down bungalow"

Boy this is so true! Putting people into tents this year in LA just put the proverbial final nail in the house of cards. Do something new and I'd watch!