Author Topic: EP12 Chat & Updates  (Read 50376 times)

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP12 Chat & Updates
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2007, 06:14:15 PM »
Haha, I just remembered that when I went and checked out Fort Soledad a couple of weeks ago, I parked my car and ran to the main area where the canons were at. :rotf:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »
I guess I'm not being very clear.  What I should say is

I think that,

if
their first clue instructs them to fly to Hawaii
and if the flight has enough seats available
and if they are not restricted by production from taking a 6 am flight,
then

all teams will have no trouble catching a 6 am flight.

Shadow times will be coming along in a day or so.  I'm not expecting any team to have a check in time later than 4:30 pm.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »

I was just re watching the episode and noticed a discrepancy that hasn't been mentioned.

For the Care Package Phil said the packed box was to weigh 500 lbs (19 mins).  When C/M's box was weighed it was 300 lbs (22 mins).

I just thought of something.  When C/M were taping their box (Phil said box, not boxes) there was 2 boxes there.  Maybe the combo weight of the 2 boxes had to be 500 lbs.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »

I was just re watching the episode and noticed a discrepancy that hasn't been mentioned.

For the Care Package Phil said the packed box was to weigh 500 lbs (19 mins).  When C/M's box was weighed it was 300 lbs (22 mins).

I just thought of something.  When C/M were taping their box (Phil said box, not boxes) there was 2 boxes there.  Maybe the combo weight of the 2 boxes had to be 500 lbs.

I noticed that too.  I think they meant 2 boxes had to weigh 500 lb.

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2007, 02:21:46 AM »

They weren't provided big enough boxes to fit 500 lbs., I guess. Or maybe the actual limit for the boxes to be dropped is 300 lbs. a box.

Yeah... Charla/Mirna had two boxes... 200+ lbs. and 300 lbs. Whoever got their boxes are lucky.  :hearts:
just dance
~*~

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2007, 08:15:35 AM »

They weren't provided big enough boxes to fit 500 lbs., I guess. Or maybe the actual limit for the boxes to be dropped is 300 lbs. a box.

Yeah... Charla/Mirna had two boxes... 200+ lbs. and 300 lbs. Whoever got their boxes are lucky.  :hearts:

Nobody got their boxes. It was a practice run over Guam. The real thing was a few days later to the other islands.

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2007, 06:16:22 AM »

Nobody got their boxes. It was a practice run over Guam. The real thing was a few days later to the other islands.

Is this due to chevy's comment, apskip? 'Cause I've read from reality blurred that the box Charla/Mirna worked on was actually dropped off somewhere.
just dance
~*~

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2007, 08:47:36 AM »
OK, hakushu8. I do not believe that what was dropped on TV were the two boxes totalling 510 pounds that Charla and Mirna packed anyway, so if those boxes were really dropped later in the week with the actual Christmas drop that's nice.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2007, 09:15:35 AM »
OK, hakushu8. I do not believe that what was dropped on TV were the two boxes totalling 510 pounds that Charla and Mirna packed anyway, so if those boxes were really dropped later in the week with the actual Christmas drop that's nice.

It looked like a few 55 gallon drums on a pallet but I'm half blind and totally deaf so what do I know. OT On Vieques: I hope it remains undiscovered, not a single McDonalds, Burger King etc and not a single traffic signal other than a few stop signs in "town."

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »
I don't think that they actually had time to get the boxes onto a drop pallet.  As soon as they filled the box, they were running onto the C-17.  The drums were already loaded onboard for a practice run.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »
I don't think that they actually had time to get the boxes onto a drop pallet.  As soon as they filled the box, they were running onto the C-17.  The drums were already loaded onboard for a practice run.

The amount of time needed to get packages ready to drop (wrapped good and parachuted) was an indication the boxes C/M filled were not prepared for C/M's plane ride.  I took it that the plane was ready for takeoff with drop package already ready and they got strapped in and the plane took off.  According to TPTB the whole thing should have taken 30 mins HA! HA!

I read it somewhere.  Don't remember where.  I read that C/M's box(es) was/were repacked.  I'm sure the items were probably used in the actual drops a few days later but neatly packed.